Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Female looking to see if my proportions are okay for LL?  (Read 2739 times)

Sunsettahlia

• Visitor
Female looking to see if my proportions are okay for LL?
« on: March 02, 2017, 02:00:50 AM »

Hey, so I am a 16 year old girl, I'm 152.5-153cm tall and I bloody hate it. So I've been contemplating getting LL when I'm older, I've contemplated it for the past 4 years when I realised that there's no hope for me having a crazy growth spurt. As a kid I always was a short ass but it didn't bother me because I believed that every adult was the same height (what a dumb kid I was)

So now I'm 16 and family and friends have told me that I could still grow and it's not too late, realistically if I do grow a bit more it will only be by a cm or 2, which is great but not amazing. My dream height has always been at least 170cm which I know is impossible to achieve from LL without either being crippled, being incredibly disproportionate or without some miracle growth spurt beforehand.

I've struggled to see what my proportions are like, sometimes I think I have short legs for my height, sometimes I think I have long legs. But my inseam appears to be about 70cm and my sitting height is about 82.5-84cm although most of the time when I measure it's about 83cm maybe a lil over.

I also tried this one torso measuring meathod where you measure from the base of your neck down your spine to the top of of your hip bone (found it on some backpack fitting site) and that measured around 17-19 inches or 43-48cm ish which according to the thing the average range for a female that is 5'2-5'6 tall is between 15&19 inches. So I dunno, I've become really obsessed with proportions lately and I know I have heard of the whole girls have longer legs and short torso whereas boys have long torso and short legs but if I did LL I don't want to have a considerably short torso, I want to be in the normal range.

I'll probably need to like post a picture of my proportions or something so you can get the idea. But yeah.

So I'm 153cm tall, 70cm inseam with 83cm sitting height (my sitting height is equal to the measurement from head to the start of my inseam when standing up) and I dunno my wingspan or arm length bc I don't know how to measure it accurately without someone helping. If I did do LL would 5cm tibia and 5cm femur be alright based on what I said?

Thank you

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Female looking to see if my proportions are okay for LL?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 02:10:41 AM »

In terms of proportions I don't think anyone notices if a woman has long legs and shorter arms since so many women wear big heels anyway. Scarring could be a problem though. If you get externals or LON, expect to have a bunch of pink dots on your shins and cut marks on your knees and thighs. Internals don't have as much scarring but you still get some where the nails have to be inserted. You can get scar revision done later but that's an added expense.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:49:51 AM »

A growth spurt at that age is near to impossible, you are right your only option is this. Given your inseam, most doctors allow an increase of height less tan 20 per cent of your leg length. At your age money is a big problem, so you can start with tibias and after both femurs( you can find very good cheap surgeons for tibial lengthening).

Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:14:42 AM »

A growth spurt at that age is near to impossible, you are right your only option is this. Given your inseam, most doctors allow an increase of height less tan 20 per cent of your leg length. At your age money is a big problem, so you can start with tibias and after both femurs( you can find very good cheap surgeons for tibial lengthening).

One of my female friends grew good 2-3 inches at 17 as i recall.

Imho i wouldn't go past 165cm and it's more about safety. Oh and as kilo said, scarring can get ugly.

egocentrical

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 09:08:21 AM »

Firstly - you are 16 so I would suggest to have an appointment to see if your growth plates are fusee which you have a high chance at that age they are not. If the plates are not fused, I don't remember the name of the supplement that delays them closing but taking that in conjunction with HGH you should see some growth if you combine it with stretches you have potential for extra growth. Don't consider this until your older and you know there is no more room for growth.

Sunsettahlia

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 09:57:37 PM »

Yeah I understand all that, I know I'm young I'm only planning on doing the surgery once I'm a bit older, I'm thinking of going to the doc to see if my growth plates have closed but I feel like it may end up being a waste of time and money getting that info.

Anyway here is a pic of me at work, I know clothes make it harder to really see proportions but at the moment this is the only pic I have. http://imgur.com/khLgtqP

Tinkerbelle

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 11:52:42 PM »

Yeah I understand all that, I know I'm young I'm only planning on doing the surgery once I'm a bit older, I'm thinking of going to the doc to see if my growth plates have closed but I feel like it may end up being a waste of time and money getting that info.

Anyway here is a pic of me at work, I know clothes make it harder to really see proportions but at the moment this is the only pic I have. http://imgur.com/khLgtqP

Interesting- you don't look short (which is a good thing, IMHO) even though you're a touch shorter than me.  Hard to tell with pants on, but you appear a bit knock-kneed, which could work in your favor as far as getting insurance to cover part of the cost of LL.  If your growth plates have closed (or even if they haven't) you could consult with an orthopedic surgeon who does LL as well, cause then you will have medical reasons to get the initial surgery, and might as well do so while you're young, because it will probably interfere less with your life...

%BXpY2rYwZ$rkiE$Fz6nh#oQY6yY#7J

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 01:33:16 AM »

I am by now means an expert on this, but have you researched growth hormone deficiency treatment?

If not - maybe you are qualified for limb lengthening under state insurance.  What is your parents height?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 02:05:28 AM »

If not - maybe you are qualified for limb lengthening under state insurance.

She is too tall for that, it's mostly for women under 140cm.

onemorefoot

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 02:08:56 AM »

Imho i wouldn't go past 165cm and it's more about safety. Oh and as kilo said, scarring can get ugly.
2 inches, female and 17. They are very tall or late,late bloomets.
Budget will determine my future.

doomsday

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 10:03:08 PM »

Absolutely no chance you can grow at this age. You look fully developed and a growth spurt happen before the first period.

You could do 6cm femurs 6 cm tibias but since you're a female I would consider only internal method that are extremely expensive.

You're gonna be looking at at least £100 000.

If you're really serious about LL you should get into high pay profession, ie IT , medicine, investment banking, oil gas etc. If you gonna go the easy way and decide to work in HR, nursing teaching etc most likely you will never earn enough to fund these procedures. Also being overweight doesnt help if youre a female. 

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 01:01:37 AM »

Damn growth spurt at 17 for a female is quite rare but human beings in general aren't fully developed till 20. One of my female friends (21) claims she grew about a inch at 19 but i dont buy it i mean all that estrogen and they are still late bloomers?

i think the only hope for you OP is take x rays of ur tibia and femurs if they haven't fused hang around the back of some gym and ask for HGH (srs)

egocentrical

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 03:05:19 PM »

Again - go check if growth plates have closed, if not take HGH and substances that slow the growth plate closure and combined this with stretching. Alot easier to do that then LL procedure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up