Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giotikas July surgery - Anyone interested in room mate?  (Read 2191 times)

lenghtstryde

• Visitor
Giotikas July surgery - Anyone interested in room mate?
« on: May 05, 2019, 06:04:13 AM »

Hi , Just want to see if anybody will be around in Greece during that time

Activatedx

Re: Giotikas July surgery - Anyone interested in room mate?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 05:42:32 AM »

Planning to do this in 2020, but please let me know how giotikas goes. I was thinking of catagni but I was considering him at first, however can’t find any before and after but he seems like a credible doctor and Greece is first world even though Economy there isn’t great.
 My biggest fear of LL is probably going to a third world country  and they steal my kidney or something, my budget is probably 45-65k usd (really want to do in the u.s but everything’s an arm and a leg here for anything medical related) and he fits right between that.

Kenda

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 06:24:03 PM »

Wait what do u mean? R u joking?

Great321

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »

First of all Greece is not some 3rd world country. Athens just doesn't look as developed as some other european countries. Doesn't mean that their medical abilities are less worth.

Anyways I do not recommend fully externals if you don't want to be stuck with frames 7-10months. You won't be able to do enough on your own. LON is the better option for Greece.

Activatedx

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »

First of all Greece is not some 3rd world country. Athens just doesn't look as developed as some other european countries. Doesn't mean that their medical abilities are less worth.

Anyways I do not recommend fully externals if you don't want to be stuck with frames 7-10months. You won't be able to do enough on your own. LON is the better option for Greece.

I didn’t mean Greece, I meant I want to go to Greece because I don’t want to go to a third world country like Armenia or such

cheekycabs

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 08:31:43 AM »

Armenia is in the part of the world that invented limb lengthening. The cities of Yerevan, Baku, Moscow, are all just as nice as Athens or Thessaloniki. Just because one is in the EU and one isn't, means nothing, just means you'll pay more. And how comparable my recovery has been to Great321's where we are basically recovering at the same pace, except I extended a few mm more, I'd say it's fine.

Read diaries, research facilities and PT, and make a decision.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

cheekycabs

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 08:35:19 AM »

Also LOL at stealing a kidney. Baku is about 1000% safer than Canada even. I don't think I could ever leave a bicycle locked outside my house and ever see it again. I leave my apartment unlocked here. I've left my phone in taxis about 3 times and got it back every time.

Maybe Yerevan and Moscow might be different but Baku culture is very much built on good morals for the common man, being communist and Religious and all.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Great321

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 12:49:29 PM »

Armenia is in the part of the world that invented limb lengthening. The cities of Yerevan, Baku, Moscow, are all just as nice as Athens or Thessaloniki. Just because one is in the EU and one isn't, means nothing, just means you'll pay more. And how comparable my recovery has been to Great321's where we are basically recovering at the same pace, except I extended a few mm more, I'd say it's fine.

Read diaries, research facilities and PT, and make a decision.

The recovery of someone should be compared after the whole LL experience. Like a year later. Honestly no one should do CLL with a doctor who is barely available. You really have to be lucky like you. Also I think you experienced much more pain than I did from what you have written.

cheekycabs

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »

In all honesty I am actually beliving I just complained a lot. Most of the cases I was complaining about pain, the doctor wasn't really unavailable, just saying I was fine, and really I didn't like the answer. I'm pretty used to Canadian medical care which is deal with every issue no matter how tiny. Most of the recovery was in reality, pain management. Pain sucks? Don't walk and take painkillers. If not, walk, walk, walk.

I had ONE major issue in which I lost some recovery time, where he mistakenly told me to lengthen the wrong leg. This pissed me off but was fixed.

But you are right, it should be looked at after everything is said and done.

Great321

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 07:14:44 PM »

In all honesty I am actually beliving I just complained a lot. Most of the cases I was complaining about pain, the doctor wasn't really unavailable, just saying I was fine, and really I didn't like the answer. I'm pretty used to Canadian medical care which is deal with every issue no matter how tiny. Most of the recovery was in reality, pain management. Pain sucks? Don't walk and take painkillers. If not, walk, walk, walk.

I had ONE major issue in which I lost some recovery time, where he mistakenly told me to lengthen the wrong leg. This pissed me off but was fixed.

But you are right, it should be looked at after everything is said and done.

Let's hope for the best for both of us :)

tombrada

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 04:23:48 PM »

Hiya - are you still planning on the surgery in July?

Lalbadshah

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »

Hi, I will probably be doing my surgery in July there, but to give 100% confidence answer (that is why I say ''probably') I need till Tuesday (because my visa is still in process, once I get confirmation on that I will be able to tell with 100% certainty), on Tuesday I will confirm with exact date and then maybe we can talk and plan.

cena

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 08:20:49 PM »

all the best Lalbadshah

Dr Giotikas seems to be honest doctor and you should have good outcome. Hope you get your visa.

cena

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 05:13:59 AM »

Did you get your visa LalBad?
Pages: [1]   Go Up