Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advise From Patient Of Dr. Ghassan Salameh  (Read 9258 times)

Muse

Advise From Patient Of Dr. Ghassan Salameh
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »

The following is from patient who completed his limb lengthening surgery with Dr. Ghassan Salameh  a few years ago and lengthened 8cm on Tibia . This could be useful information for those considering the Doctor or planning to lengthen the Tibia  section.

"Yes, there are many Salameh patients who had a successful outcome however I do not consider myself among that group.

I think the Dr using the chisel on me was detrimental and it is my opinion that this caused some trauma to the knee cartilage in my right leg. I also would not advise that the tibia is cut at the ankle area as this still feels somewhat tight as I approach the 3 year anniversary of my surgery.

Personally I think I lengthened too quickly and too much (6cm would have been fine probably).

However, I think that you may well have a more successful outcome if you do things somewhat differently to me.

My advice is...

Maximum 6.5cm

Single cut just below the knee.

Lengthen no more than 0.6 mm per day

Saw cut for the osteotomy

Keep the painkillers to an absolute minimum...this should be possible if you follow the  other advice.

Eat plenty of protein and increase the calcium intake as you conclude the lengthening phase.

Walk as much as possible during and post lengthening.

Stretch continuously prior to the surgery date.

All of the above will not guarantee but will give you the best chance of a good recovery."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:51:10 PM by Dameon »

TomD

• Private
Re: Advise From Patient Of Dr. Ghassan Salameh
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:22:44 PM »

Good advice.

Did he say how he came up with the 6.5?

Muse

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »

Good advice.

Did he say how he came up with the 6.5?

Nope, but it seems to be advise also mentioned by Dr Paley and some doctors.  It's something about 2.5 inches being the safe limit for Tibia section.   

rexos

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 12:42:29 AM »

I remember when I first started reading about this. I was like "Im gonna do 10cm in each segment".

Need2BTaller

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 02:21:01 AM »

I remember when I first started reading about this. I was like "Im gonna do 10cm in each segment".

lol, I know what you mean.  But after doing proper research and factor in your overall health, those numbers start to dwindle more and morem

Carter

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »

Haha  ;D

My first goal was 8cm+ on my tibia,  now it's dwindling down to 6-7cm which is safer and the difference of 1cm+ shouldn't really make a difference visually.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »

It's not surprising that when first discovering cosmetic lengthening people go for high numbers. The first day I learned of it was 7 years ago when I was 16. I thought "I'll do 4 inches on each segment!" Then after a week it moved to 7.5cm, then a few months later it moved to 6cm, and now after all these years studying cosmetic lengthening I've decided there's no way I'll go beyond 5cm on my tibia.   
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sweden

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »

It's not surprising that when first discovering cosmetic lengthening people go for high numbers. The first day I learned of it was 7 years ago when I was 16. I thought "I'll do 4 inches on each segment!" Then after a week it moved to 7.5cm, then a few months later it moved to 6cm, and now after all these years studying cosmetic lengthening I've decided there's no way I'll go beyond 5cm on my tibia.

It's true. Most of us do become more mature and realize what things really are.

Imagine those who did 20cm. They look sick.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »

I still believe 7.5cm is possible but I am leaning more towards 6.5cm on each tiibia and femur.

Nothing wrong with 5 1/2 inches.

Adriano

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 02:53:47 AM »

I still believe 7.5cm is possible but I am leaning more towards 6.5cm on each tiibia and femur.

Nothing wrong with 5 1/2 inches.

Im not sure but i think u met Apo aka Syop. ( to all you guys who did)

Did he look strange/weird with 20cm added to his height?

Some ppl were able to notice that his after LL pictures had being edited to make his arms hang lower and i am pretty sure those osts have been removed and those guys paid the ultimate price of being "silently" banned :D

TomD

• Private
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 03:03:35 AM »

Im not sure but i think u met Apo aka Syop. ( to all you guys who did)

Did he look strange/weird with 20cm added to his height?

Some ppl were able to notice that his after LL pictures had being edited to make his arms hang lower and i am pretty sure those osts have been removed and those guys paid the ultimate price of being "silently" banned :D

When I still thought they were 2 people I PM'd him as well asking him to put up a diary where you could see what he looks like now with his great height , and he said he would put some up but never did.

I am 5 ft 7 . 6ft 1 or just under is good enough for me.  :)

Europa

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »

I thought "I'll do 4 inches on each segment!" Then after a week it moved to 7.5cm, then a few months later it moved to 6cm, and now after all these years studying cosmetic lengthening I've decided there's no way I'll go beyond 5cm on my tibia.

It's all so true. I started out by thinking of doing 8,5, then 7,5 and now I'd be fully happy with 6 cm added to my femurs.

Russianblues

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 05:11:57 AM »

Apo's weird proportions would be blatant. Honestly, I can kind of sympathize with the guy, in his mind I think he actually does think he is doing good.

However, his sitting height of 91cm [he claims he has a 93cm sitting height now after people called him out on looking weird but I don't buy it, honestly looking at his starting height and pictures I think 91cm is generous] would be awkward as hell. I can't attest to him looking weird standing up however.

I am 174cm with a sitting height of 93cm and I don't sit taller than people 5'10+. For him to be 6'2 or like even 6'3 (I forgot) and then to have a 91cm sitting height. It would be immediately apparent that something is wrong here... If I had his body I would be extremely self conscious. I know girls who I tower over when standing but when sitting they are very close in height. For him to be like WAY taller than a girl when standing and then when sitting she is equal or even taller than him. It's just awkward and would inevitably lead to questioning. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 05:42:05 AM »

Probably why you never see any photos of him. He looks ridiculous.

LLL

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 08:31:46 AM »

Probably why you never see any photos of him. He looks ridiculous.

My thoughts exactly. I've wondered why he never posts a video or more photos of himself. I remember a thread (maybe it was in his diary) discussing (his) proportions, and he went on this long tirade repeating something like "I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PROPORTIONS". Obviously he loves his accomplishment and being tall (and now we know he even has a lot of emotional investment in the old forum, being SysOp).. but deep down he recognizes the reality of his torso being too short for his new legs. What kind-of saves him might be his stocky frame, imagine him being skinny... But I think poor old Apo had quite a few issues from the very beginning, which lead to him having these two surgeries, and acting the way he is now afterwards. He's probably quite conflicted. How can he earn referral money from LL patients if he admits that his "personal journey" ended up in visible disproportion, with all these fanboys posting on his diary? (Also, people should stop calling LL a "journey", making it sound like some sort of epic and mythical process. It's an orthopedic surgical procedure and then the recovery from it. End of story.)

Adriano

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 10:04:48 AM »

I am 174cm with a sitting height of 93cm and I don't sit taller than people 5'10+. For him to be 6'2 or like even 6'3 (I forgot) and then to have a 91cm sitting height. It would be immediately apparent that something is wrong here... If I had his body I would be extremely self conscious. I know girls who I tower over when standing but when sitting they are very close in height. For him to be like WAY taller than a girl when standing and then when sitting she is equal or even taller than him. It's just awkward and would inevitably lead to questioning. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

You have over looked a few things
In the real world ppl don't really notice proportions. They r a big issue in LL forums and thaats the end of it. I have never heard ppl talk about them outside LL forums. Sometimes I bring them up when im with my friends and the conversations always quicly changes to other things because ppl just don't care!!!.
Last time when I was having drinks I mentioned that a guy had baby arms on his long torso and short legs and no one said anything. If I didnt kow about LL or spend time in LL forums I would never have noticed that guy.

its like chicks who r considering a boob job, they r always commenting about other chcks boos and how fake they might be. other ppl don't even notice.

Another thins is that chicks usually have bigger asses than guys so when they sit relatively higher than a guy they just assume it is because that.

Further more, when ppl r sitting down the last thing on their mind is how tall u r!!
there are also many sitting posture that can explain loss of sitting height so ppl just assume its likely due to how u r sitting or a flat ass and etc.

And if u r taller than ppl and its not due to ur long torso, ppl will just say u have long legs. and guess mate, long legs r never a problem.

check out those NBA players, they have long tibia and generally long limbs. Ppl never say they r long legged. they just say theu r TALL.

I am 163cm with a wing span of 176-177cm. Apo is slightly broader than me so we have about the same arm length. At 190cm yes he has pushed the limits but I would rather be in his shoes :D

Just remember ppl will notice ur height before anything else.

Chicks don't go around saying "ohh my gosh he has long legs so I am not seeing him any more"

but they do go around saying " ohh my gosh he is so short I am not even going to give him my number or talk to him"...ouch!!!

at 174, chicks will consider you after queuing all nite to get a dance with a long legged 190cm guy... ha ah aaha.
sorry mate..its just the way things work.

I am seeing this girl who is 10 cm taller than me and is about  10cm taller when sitting down. I wear lifts so she thinks im only an inch shorter BUT guess what the sitting height difference has never been mentioned or brought up. Not even by her friends or brothers.

there u go buddy.... proportions r for forums and overall height is what the real world notices and will continue to judge us on.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »

I think what we are getting at is that we should be careful about how much we try to lengthen.

I think 15 cm has got to be the maximum before we start to look funny. Blame it all on 'having long legs' or not, I would rather only lengthen 10 or 12 cm and look proportionate.

The guy lengthened almost 20cm. Thats going to make anyone look ridiculous unless you have Gorilla arms and huge shoulders to start out with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up