Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Proportions 5'10 - 6'2  (Read 15855 times)

LLSouthAmerica

Re: My Proportions 5'10 - 6'2
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »

Yes but they are visibly disappointed when I take off my shoes. I already wear lifts whenever I go out but I can't wear them for sports. You need to be perfect for women these days it's silly.

In what situations did you have to remove your shoes? I've had entire relationships with lifts, I only took them off when I'm in bed and by that moment it doesn't matter any longer... ;D
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

google42

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2017, 12:33:12 AM »

In what situations did you have to remove your shoes? I've had entire relationships with lifts, I only took them off when I'm in bed and by that moment it doesn't matter any longer... ;D

Well when you walk into someone's house you take your shoes off at the door right? At least that's what I've experienced in most houses/apartments.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2017, 01:24:23 AM »

Not in my side of the world (South America). Nor in Italy.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

ramaka

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2017, 07:37:05 PM »

like it said earlier i think it is more of a mental thing with me wanting to be taller only good thing is now it can actually happen thanks to LL surgery but my biggest concern would be my arm span as i've been told i have a long torso my armspan is 180-181cm so would it be very noticeable to have a arm span 3 inches shorter then height.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2018, 03:42:49 AM »

What is this topic doing here? It should be moved to the Proportions forum.

Hey admins / moderators!
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Honore

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2018, 07:33:15 AM »

both pics look good

Start hitting the gym.
  If after a year of good lifting regiment you are still insecure about your height do LL. First maximize what you have. If that's still not enough for you, go do LL

Nowhere in the world is 179 considered short, not even in Holland, where I live.. So my advice to you is: don't do LL. This is a very dangerous operation and can cost you your legs or even your life! You only do CLL as a last resort. Only if you are way below average and you really, really, really, really suffer from being short. At your age you should indeed start with working out, dress nice, finish a decent education, get some therapy and find/get/start a relationship. If after all this and after a few years you still have a strong urge to break your legs for cosmetic reasons than do so..

MirinHeight

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2018, 12:12:39 AM »

im 179 cm too bro.

looking at your mocks, you will look best at 183-185 cm

good luck!
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

ramaka

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2018, 12:54:14 AM »

im 179 cm too bro.

looking at your mocks, you will look best at 183-185 cm

good luck!

Yea true plus it would actually be a lot better for my proportions and would also require less cm to get to that height let’s be honest 6’0-6’1 is still pretty sweet 

ramaka

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2018, 01:23:07 PM »

I’ve just realised my mock ups are wrong and done vary badly example I’m 178 5’10 so my eye level is roughly 168-169 if you look at the 6’2 mock up my eye level is just above the chest which would put the height of that mock up around 6’5 or 6’4 not 6’2 lol

The 183 or 6’0 mock up is more then likely pretty close to the 6’2 mark based on eye level think about it my cousin for example is 6’3 in the button and my eye level is at his chin which mean if I’m at 6’2 then my eye level would roughly be just under the mouth so yea the 6’2 or 188 mock up will look bad a lot because it’s not 6’2 it’s more like 6’4-6’5 😝

Moon knight

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2018, 03:15:02 AM »

I’ve just realised my mock ups are wrong and done vary badly example I’m 178 5’10 so my eye level is roughly 168-169 if you look at the 6’2 mock up my eye level is just above the chest which would put the height of that mock up around 6’5 or 6’4 not 6’2 lol

The 183 or 6’0 mock up is more then likely pretty close to the 6’2 mark based on eye level think about it my cousin for example is 6’3 in the button and my eye level is at his chin which mean if I’m at 6’2 then my eye level would roughly be just under the mouth so yea the 6’2 or 188 mock up will look bad a lot because it’s not 6’2 it’s more like 6’4-6’5 😝

Good observation not a lot of people take the eye level into account when doing their mock ups and it can actually help out to know it. But seriously though the 183 mock up is definitely nearer to the 6’2 mark especially if your 5’10-ish there’s no way that was 2 inches personally I still think it’s wrong I think it’s probably more on the 6’3 mark although considering that your goal is 6’2 and the mock up of what you thought was 6’0 (183) doesn’t actually look terrible I’d say proportionally you’d still look ok with the lengthening your after best of luck
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

n37r0

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »

I too am 179/180cm depending on the time of day. Honestly if I didn't feel short I wouldn't be on this forum, it's cos where I live in Australia there are so many 183s-185 cm males. I am 18 atm, really wish I had 2 or 3 cms more.
Height:5'10.5/179cm.
Desired height:6'0 or 6'1
Braces correct crap teeth, LL corrects crap height

ramaka

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2018, 04:53:20 PM »

I too am 179/180cm depending on the time of day. Honestly if I didn't feel short I wouldn't be on this forum, it's cos where I live in Australia there are so many 183s-185 cm males. I am 18 atm, really wish I had 2 or 3 cms more.

Bro honestly I’m in the same boat I live with 3 brothers who are around 6’2-6’5 it sucks aswell when your sisters are reasonably tall for girls 5’8 and 5’9 but yea like I said I made a mistake with the mock ups and it looked bad the 188 mock up is probably around 6’4-6’5 and the 183 is probably like 6’3 or just under it and personally since I’d like to get to 188 6’2 I actually don’t think it looks that bad at all 😁

Moon knight

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »

Bro honestly I’m in the same boat I live with 3 brothers who are around 6’2-6’5 it sucks aswell when your sisters are reasonably tall for girls 5’8 and 5’9 but yea like I said I made a mistake with the mock ups and it looked bad the 188 mock up is probably around 6’4-6’5 and the 183 is probably like 6’3 or just under it and personally since I’d like to get to 188 6’2 I actually don’t think it looks that bad at all 😁

It really doesn’t look that bad to me personally obviously it’s a little hard to understand what you mean so I’ll clear it up for people however if I’m wrong feel free to correct me.

The original 6’2 (188cm) mock up was actually like 6’5+ so around 195 cm we’ll say
The original 6’0 (183cm) mock up was around like 6’3 maybe 6’3.5 so like 190

Honestly the 6’3 we’ll say doesn’t look that bad but I’d advise you to bulk up quite a bit but I’m assuming this is an old photo so if you bulk up and are only targeting 6’2 (188) it’ll probably look ok sure your arms might be a bit on the shorter side but look at both Henry Cavill and Matthew McConaway more then likely spelt wrong 😆 they’ve noticeable shorter arms and now one pats any attention to it other then the little community on this forum

Also do the eye level thing again and let us know what the accurate eye level was for both these mock ups so you know what the actual height of both of them were.
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

Sanity

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »

I can understand 5'10 isnt particularly tall especially in western countries but ur at the range where u shouldn't go for ll. You are still above average in every country and almost average in the tallest country of the world(netherlands)

You can actually gain 0.5-1 inch by stretching and working out on ur spine and wear some good boots and ul be crossing the 6' mark. And if u still think u want more u can add a 1 inch insole(which isnt even noticeable at all) which will make u stand equal to a 6'1 guy on anyday. If u still want more then i think u have other problems in ur head going on not height. Now I have a friend who is literally a clean 6'2 barefoot and each and everyday he is depressed because he says he is getting towered by guyz 6'4 or 190+ and he feels inferior to them. He hates that feeling and he wont ever stop stressing about it. he is making his own life a misery.

If u think the minuscule chance of sitting in a wheelchair all ur life or the small chance of walking limp for years or decades is worth it then go ahead and break ur bones. It might actually turn out to be alright and u get at u want.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

ramaka

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »

I can understand 5'10 isnt particularly tall especially in western countries but ur at the range where u shouldn't go for ll. You are still above average in every country and almost average in the tallest country of the world(netherlands)

You can actually gain 0.5-1 inch by stretching and working out on ur spine and wear some good boots and ul be crossing the 6' mark. And if u still think u want more u can add a 1 inch insole(which isnt even noticeable at all) which will make u stand equal to a 6'1 guy on anyday. If u still want more then i think u have other problems in ur head going on not height. Now I have a friend who is literally a clean 6'2 barefoot and each and everyday he is depressed because he says he is getting towered by guyz 6'4 or 190+ and he feels inferior to them. He hates that feeling and he wont ever stop stressing about it. he is making his own life a misery.

If u think the minuscule chance of sitting in a wheelchair all ur life or the small chance of walking limp for years or decades is worth it then go ahead and break ur bones. It might actually turn out to be alright and u get at u want.

This is something I hate seriously so I’m not allowed to do LL because I’m 5’10 but it’s ok for someone 5’7, 5’8, 5’9 etc but because I’m of a certain heights it’s frowned upon there’s people here who are 6’0 and a small fraction who are taller then that, that when they share there information their frowned upon because they would like to be taller.
Tell me something why are you on this forum because you’d like to be taller a bit hypocritical don’t you think even if you are short, many people have a different perspective of what short is for instance like I said I’m from a reasonably tall family yet I only got to be 5’10 which is why I feel short.
Also if people ended up in a wheelchair do you honestly think this forum or surgery would exist yea there’s risks but that’s only if you go extreme on it example appothis was 5’6 and is now 6’2 (20cm) lengthening yet he doesn’t need a wheelchair he’s walking without a problem, sure his running is fked but he lengthened well over the safe limit of 8 cm femurs and 6 cm tibia so what did he expect to be fair.
Really if you stay within the safe limit you should be fine there’s plenty of people on this forum who have lengthened 4 inches and are completely fine now some even say their athletic ability is the same as what it was before.
Also if I was to do it I’d save for the best possible doctors to make sure I have vary little chance of complications.

Sanity

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2018, 04:16:08 PM »

No doctor can save u from FE or PE. In just year many ppl have died of FE after this surgery and just in my continent these r the ones only reported. That is a very gruesome death and quite painful one. I am going into this surgery after sorting out matters of my life. I haven't told my closed ones that i might not return (because even a 1% chance of death is misunderstood by ppl) but i am prepared for it as a worse case scenario. Depends on genetics, trauma and mostly ur luck if it happens or not. Sometimes its like 4 ppl from 100 get hit sometimes its just 1. any1 could be the unlucky one.

If u were alrdy thinking having suicidal thoughts before u ever knew about ll even existed then this surgery is strongly recommended for u. If u cant even entertain the slightest idea or possibility of death then it is just plain stupid imo.

p.s i never said dont do it, i only recommended not to and laid out easier options as u were closer to 6 than most where by u could still possibly achieve something very close to ur goal after ll and save u alot of trouble. Som1 who is 5'6 or 5'7 has no other option but to do it not to achieve his goal of 6'1 but to atleast live his life without neurosis. Sure 2 surgeries might get him that. And i have to repeat myself because u dont like reading i said go ahead and do it its a higher probability it all turns out good.

p.s i would like to see a legitimate 6' plus guy who did this surgery with proofs. link it me i would like to read his diary. thanks

ramaka

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »

No doctor can save u from FE or PE. In just year many ppl have died of FE after this surgery and just in my continent these r the ones only reported. That is a very gruesome death and quite painful one. I am going into this surgery after sorting out matters of my life. I haven't told my closed ones that i might not return (because even a 1% chance of death is misunderstood by ppl) but i am prepared for it as a worse case scenario. Depends on genetics, trauma and mostly ur luck if it happens or not. Sometimes its like 4 ppl from 100 get hit sometimes its just 1. any1 could be the unlucky one.

If u were alrdy thinking having suicidal thoughts before u ever knew about ll even existed then this surgery is strongly recommended for u. If u cant even entertain the slightest idea or possibility of death then it is just plain stupid imo.

p.s i never said dont do it, i only recommended not to and laid out easier options as u were closer to 6 than most where by u could still possibly achieve something very close to ur goal after ll and save u alot of trouble. Som1 who is 5'6 or 5'7 has no other option but to do it not to achieve his goal of 6'1 but to atleast live his life without neurosis. Sure 2 surgeries might get him that. And i have to repeat myself because u dont like reading i said go ahead and do it its a higher probability it all turns out good.

p.s i would like to see a legitimate 6' plus guy who did this surgery with proofs. link it me i would like to read his diary. thanks

You must understand how it feels tho consistently being told 5’10 is ok don’t do LL it does get to the point where it becomes annoying hearing that all the time I like many people here just wish I was taller and LL is my chance to actually achieve that but I did read what you said and I understand the concerns but knowing 5’10 is an ok height I’d never choose to go to a doctor who is either vary cheap or vary unknown among the LL community because like many say you get what you pay for. I’d only choose paley etc because he’s the leading doctor in LL surgery and has the best success rate

Sanity

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2018, 12:19:42 AM »

Sure paley is one of the top ll surgeons but he never guarantees anything. Thats because every surgery is so different and every meat and bone is different and body's reaction to it. Even in paley's pateints in every 250 ppl atleast 4 get FE. But if u are really determined even to the point of accepting any truamatic consequences then this surgery is for u. Not that it will happen but there is always a chance. Sometimes u just get to be the unlucky one. We the ones in the range on 5'4 to 5'7 are already on the verge of suicide. If this surgery didnt exist suicide for us was the only way to exit out honourably.

Thats why we are willing to take the risk with our lives itself.  Not much can be worse than this. If u want the answer to if u really want to have this: are u willing to live with any complication all ur life or worse compared to the life u have right now? My answer to this was yes, thats why im going in for it.

If u r not prepared to handle any complication like permanent kneepain for the rest of life, change of legs axis (valgus and varus) or worse death so if it occurs, then who will u blame but urself and the miserable life.

If ur life sucks by all means right now and nothing could make it worse, then go for it. You deserve it! and even if anything happens u wont be hurt by it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up