Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screw came out of my leg 4 months post OP with Dr Sringari  (Read 13351 times)

Russianblues

Screw came out of my leg 4 months post OP with Dr Sringari
« on: April 03, 2014, 03:07:29 PM »

A short backstory: Had surgery 8th Oct, frames off 20th Dec. Since frame removal had an open wound on my right leg upper screw, but, was told that it was just because the suture tore off.

So for the past 3 hours I've been lying in bed trying to fall asleep for my first university test but as per usual my leg is fking aching preventing me. Lying in the dark just focusing on the pain and getting really fustrated I start picking at the scab which is still present 4 months later. I eventually pick the scab off and nearly threw up when I saw the top of the screw poking threw atleast half a centremeter + out of my body. I am just in total disbelief. I am so fking sick of going to see the doctor and now I am probably going to have to have surgery tomorrow. I am not even sure if I should be walking (probably not!!!) and hopefully can see the doctor before my exam and get a doc cert.

Sorry for the  ty writing its 2am and I am tired as fk and quite emotional.

Here's a picture although it does a bad job of illustrating just how far the screw is sticking out of my body. Oh I Also might add that I pushed on the screw and it moved easily with no resistance, its just floating around inside. Oh yea and I have been taking antiobiotics consistently because the site has been infected all the time.

http://imgur.com/cBZ4o8c

Russianblues

Re: Screw came out of my leg 4 months post OP with Dr Sringari
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »

There's not really any point to this post except that I am sure so many of the Sarin patients had fked up   hapen to them and never said a word on the forums which kind of irritiates me and I vowed not to do that. Hopefully I will never have to visit this site again.

jerry

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 03:25:21 PM »

You did LL with Dr Sarin or Dr Sringari?   

BilateralDamage

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »

That is horrifying.  I really hope you get the help you need for it.  fk Dr. sarin.

Russianblues

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:37:56 PM »

I went to Sringari.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »

Oh, then I mean fk Dr. Sringari and Apo for duping you into choosing him.  But still fk Sarin.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »

Holy... man, I'm sorry you have to go through this. Is most of the pain located around the site of the screw or have the pains been spread all over?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Russianblues

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »

Pain has been isolated in the screws ever since removal. Some events now seem extremly unnerving in hindsight. I remember walking without crutches unaided for the first time just before I left approx 1 month after frame removal. The lingering pain in the screws on my right leg was just awful yet despite telling Harry this he urged me over and over to continue walking so he could take a video of me.

alps

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:45 PM »

Hey RussianBlues,
I'm really sorry to hear this.
Where do you plan to get operated? Are finances a problem to you?

I couldn't find your diary anywhere.(sorry, if you've made updates in some other way) So I'm asking, can you tell us how things are after surgery, complication-wise, mobility-wise, satisfaction-wise?

Hope you get it fixed soon bro!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »

That looks horrific.  You have my sympathy, for what it's worth.  I hope this gets taken care of ASAP.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:32:42 PM »

Dude,

You need to speak up about these things. There is tremendous point to this post. I'm still here, man and this almost made me vomit thinking about my legs. Going to see how Harry and Sringari explain this one. Please come on skype and talk, don't hide away by yourself!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:35:47 PM by Polycrates. »
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Polycrates.

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

And that tissue looks necrotic. Get to a doctor, ASAP! Don't be ashamed or afraid or whatever, man. Just please, go ASAP, even if you have to defer your exams. I'll try to get an explanation for this bull  tomorrow.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Gichelu

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 08:00:52 PM »

So do Sysop/Apotheosis and Crazy+6/ThePhantom purposely find the most stupid doctors in India as a big joke? How the hell does this happen?! Sorry for your troubles Russianblues. Please get that taken care of asap.

I wish some authority in India would shut down Sarin and Sringari for leg lengthening.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Polycrates.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 08:19:51 PM »

The thing is, over half the guys here had infections in the screw sites. Sringari uses staples to close the wounds. He used suture on only two patients.

Gichelu

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »

The thing is, over half the guys here had infections in the screw sites. Sringari uses staples to close the wounds. He used suture on only two patients.

Is he the only doctor you know of that uses staples for this?

And that tissue looks necrotic. Get to a doctor, ASAP! Don't be ashamed or afraid or whatever, man. Just please, go ASAP, even if you have to defer your exams. I'll try to get an explanation for this bull  tomorrow.

Are you not nervous about retaliation in guesthouse? Like what if you make a big complaint do you think they will try to muscle you or retaliate on operating table? Maybe you should wait until you are out.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:29:36 PM by Gichelu »

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »

No one should go to any Indian dr... Every single Indian dr has  an extremely high rate of malpractice

Polycrates.

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »

They know full well how displeased I am with their operation. The damage to me has already been done, and I've never been one to turn a blind eye or mislead people. If you've read my diary, you can see I've been outspoken on several occasions. I've even been scolded in meetings they've held, telling me I have no right to voice the things I do. Maybe they're good guys like everyone says, but I'm questioning if they are really or if it's just a façade. They know s**t like this happens under their care time and time again, yet they still tell people they that there are zero complications in their practice. If on their site, it says they never experience infections or broken pins, yet experienced docs like Paley report these occurrences with a relatively common incidence rate, and you read on here people are getting these things, then this clearly raises a HUGE red flag. Harry even tried to deny to others that a patient broke a pin here, when I was across the hall when it happened... It's just a broken pin. Why the need to lie or get upset I told people about it, because it shows the doctor's not a god or superhero?

The physio blames the manager and vice versa, and the doctor says everything is fine. Patients try to remain pleasant and understanding and willing to listen to them because we don't have much of a choice. The staff seem more concerned about their personal quarrels or being upset they have to work in a hotel now, resulting in the inability to relax all day and be waited upon by a group of slave workers (they make 8000 ruppees a month) who deliver them food and drink upon command then go to sleep in a heap together on a dirty pest ridden cold marble floor. They often get these workers to do their jobs for them if they're feeling in an especially relaxed mood on a particular day. I know they need to make a living, but they can do it some other way that doesn't jeopardize people's health.

There is a new patient now that was deceitfully lured here. When he asked Sunny the shameless manager if there were any patients who spoke English, they told him there's only one. They obviously didn't put him in contact with me because I would have told him not to come. He's already realizing the lies, lack of concern and incompetence of these people and is beginning to question the decision. I have two more weeks of having to be told my toe will/is coming back to life, when it's clearly as bad as it was from day one, then I go back home.  There is excellent movement in the flexor, but there always was, and the physios fail to understand this. When I put the foot on the floor, the toe just drags along it. First thing I'm doing is checking into a hospital if they allow me as an inpatient to get a thorough evaluation. I have absolutely no trust or confidence in any doctor's opinion or judgement here. Do not come here. I know I'm going to hear back home that something got f**ked up 5 months ago that can't be corrected now and I'm an idiot for doing what I did. When I stand the whole inner half of my left leg feels weak/uncontrollable, so I hope the paralysis in the toe isn't affecting more than I currently believe.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:05:22 PM by Polycrates. »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 09:03:13 PM »

Hi Polycrates,

I really appreciate your honesty with everything and admire your resolve in speaking out against the deceit. How much contact do you have with the new patient? Do they make sure he's hardly ever around you or have you been able to communicate your dissatisfaction with the situation over there with him? I think my first suspicion with Dr. Sringari was reading posts on the other site where it was said he had plans for offering internal methods, because from what another doctor told me they were not even approved for use there. I hope he doesn't ever get the means to do so. If he can't keep a screw from popping out of Russianblues's skin, there's no telling what damage he could do with an even more invasive internal method.

Are there any particular orthopedic surgeons you have in mind when you go back home?

Polycrates.

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 09:14:35 PM »

Hi Polycrates,

I really appreciate your honesty with everything and admire your resolve in speaking out against the deceit. How much contact do you have with the new patient? Do they make sure he's hardly ever around you or have you been able to communicate your dissatisfaction with the situation over there with him? I think my first suspicion with Dr. Sringari was reading posts on the other site where it was said he had plans for offering internal methods, because from what another doctor told me they were not even approved for use there. I hope he doesn't ever get the means to do so. If he can't keep a screw from popping out of Russianblues's skin, there's no telling what damage he could do with an even more invasive internal method.

Are there any particular orthopedic surgeons you have in mind when you go back home?

I believe they wanted him shielded from us as much as possible. They put him in a hotel rather than the guesthouse, and had initially planned to shift us to a hotel separate from the one he was in. That plan backfired because rooms were full, so we came to his hotel. When we came to the hotel, I asked the caretakers nonchalantly if I could go see the new patient, thinking it was not a big deal at all. They had me on the second floor while he was on the first floor. They responded in a dreadful and fearful tone that Sunny had told them to keep us on the second floor. I had to call that guy and tell him myself that I was going down, his permission or not.

I don't have any particular ortho in mind. I plan on being referred to one by my GP or seeing one in a hospital directly if the hospital allows for it. I have great trust in the medical system in my country.

Gichelu

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:56 PM »

Wow these guys are jerks. Worse than that actually but I don't want to get in trouble for excessive swearing.

Gichelu

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 09:53:31 PM »

You know what's funny is on old forum  there's a thread at the top now called 'would anyone recommend Dr Sringari?' The answers between this forum and that forum are totally different.

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 08:48:49 AM »

Holy  . That's so messed up.

Just for the record, I've been keeping in contact with Russianblues way before he commenced India and got the surgery. He is legit.  His reports are 100% true and unbiased. I hope things go well.

crimsontide

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »

this is is some really really jacked up  s......t...     Dr  sarin needs to be exposed as much as possible.....  A screw hanging out of your leg????? how can he miss that?

DREAM

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »

You mean Dr Sringari. Man these indian doctors sound like butchers.

Sweden

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 09:05:21 AM »

It's even worse than at Dr Sarin.

I'm very disappointed at Harry and Sunny  :-\

173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Polycrates.

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 04:42:39 PM »

Of course they've found ways to place the onus on Russian Blues. Our patient doctor Dee23 is adamant that this issue arose because Russian Blues was apparently a prolific smoker, and this is what happens when you smoke (he's not even a smoker btw...). And because he swam in the ocean and took a jump, not because he had a festering open wound for months on end that nothing was done about.  That would be completely nonsensical. This is completely Russian Blues fault, without exception.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »

I understand that some may fall into the habit of hyping their own doctor, but when those act like their particular doc is absolutely flawless in the face of serious complications, it's hard not to take their opinion on things with a grain of salt. And outright lying, too...

jerry

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 01:33:03 AM »

The lingering pain in the screws on my right leg was just awful yet despite telling Harry this he urged me over and over to continue walking so he could take a video of me.

Harry did it so he can use the videos as "proof" to future patients that everything was perfect.  This is false and misleading. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up