Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 109540 times)

LAGrowin

Re: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »

That's awesome Purushrottam!   Good to hear that continue pushing and making progress to full recovery.

Since you say the running didn't feel weird, have you ever felt that stomping feeling others have described in their running step?

Purushrottam

« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2018, 11:10:58 PM »

That's awesome Purushrottam!   Good to hear that continue pushing and making progress to full recovery.

Since you say the running didn't feel weird, have you ever felt that stomping feeling others have described in their running step?

Thanks! I'm not sure what they are referring to by stomping feeling.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Android

« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2018, 11:33:15 PM »

I'm not sure what they are referring to by stomping feeling.

I'm guessing it's because of the nail, adding rigidity to natural bones which have some flex to them.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Purushrottam

« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2018, 02:53:10 AM »

I'm guessing it's because of the nail, adding rigidity to natural bones which have some flex to them.

Ohh gotcha. I guess kicks do feel a little weird.

Update:

I haven't gotten X-Rays in a while due to my travelling (through Europe and Asia) and moving (to a new city for a job). I'm going to get an X-Ray at the next available chance to

1. Figure out when I can start martial arts (most likely boxing, as my kicking ability is limited, and my co-LLer has already started it).

2. Schedule my rod removal. My consolidation is relatively fast. I can probably do it any time after September, but I want to wait until December so I can do it during holiday season.

Other than that, I am "dating" someone now (not officially). For the first time in my life I feel like the girl is making an effort vs me always initiating everything. I actually had 2 different dates last weekend. This is way different from before.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Consolidation?
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2018, 03:38:21 AM »

Update:

I haven't gotten X-Rays in a while due to my travelling (through Europe and Asia) and moving (to a new city for a job).

Nice! I also plan to travel after I can run (just in case I need to catch a bus :). Remote Year has an interesting program, and there's also Nomad Cruise for two weeks, though only twice a year.

2. Schedule my rod removal. My consolidation is relatively fast.

Hasn't your consolidation ended months ago? It's supposed to take as long as lengthening took, which for you if I recall correctly was about 3 months and ended in Jan.

Other than that, I am "dating" someone now (not officially). For the first time in my life I feel like the girl is making an effort vs me always initiating everything. I actually had 2 different dates last weekend. This is way different from before.

Congrats! It also helps to just be less interested in the girl (easier when you have options, which is easier when you're more confident). I've found certain "dating guru" programs (e.g. David DeAngelo, though a bit dated now) to actually help in developing a mindset for attracting and keeping women.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Purushrottam

Re: Consolidation?
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2018, 04:53:24 AM »

Nice! I also plan to travel after I can run (just in case I need to catch a bus :). Remote Year has an interesting program, and there's also Nomad Cruise for two weeks, though only twice a year.

Yeah I need to look into that. I'm traveling with friends again later this year. Those sound like interesting programs. I might look into Nomad Cruise next year. I know several developers have tried working from cruises.

Hasn't your consolidation ended months ago? It's supposed to take as long as lengthening took, which for you if I recall correctly was about 3 months and ended in Jan.

It has indeed ended months back. However I still want a go ahead from Dr. Paley before I do anything extreme like boxing. I've been cleared to deadlify and squat for months now.

Congrats! It also helps to just be less interested in the girl (easier when you have options, which is easier when you're more confident). I've found certain "dating guru" programs (e.g. David DeAngelo, though a bit dated now) to actually help in developing a mindset for attracting and keeping women.

Thanks. I wasn't that interested at all (for the reason you mentioned). I actually made up an excuse to avoid going on a date/happy hour today so I could work out instead.

I've seen those programs as well. However its hard to have that (abundance) mindset when you legitimately have no other options (no matter how much self improvement you have tried). A short Indian dude in the Silicon Valley area (where theres so many similar dudes to begin with) really has a tough time (to be fair, its tough for all dudes, regardless of race). I remember a friend (who happened to be dating an Indian American dude) telling me that all her friends were basically telling her to break up with him, and that she could do so much better. That made me sick to my stomach. I am never going to live in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley again lol... no matter how beneficial it is for my career. Just not worth living in a place where you are not valued or appreciated.

lucindaris

« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2018, 01:02:35 PM »

Atmosphere and values in workplace are so important and only shallow-minded chooses job by considering only a salary.

myloginacct

« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2018, 08:47:18 PM »

I remember a friend (who happened to be dating an Indian American dude) telling me that all her friends were basically telling her to break up with him, and that she could do so much better.

That's so sad. The US is pretty nuts. Was that just because he was Indian-American? Do you think they would say the same if he was an African-American?

For the first time in my life I feel like the girl is making an effort vs me always initiating everything.

That's awesome, though!

OverrideYourGenetics

Re: Lengthening with Dr. Paley, training a-la-Guichet?
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2018, 12:39:31 AM »

During lengthening with Paley, you still end up biking 10 minutes per day every day that you have physical therapy.

Did they put you on the stationary bike, or on one of the NuStep machines? I've found the NuStep machines to not really help with knee flexibility, even when I was reaching full knee extension. By contrast, walking on the AlterG machine[url] for the same 10 minutes helped way more.

And I can't find that post right now (maybe it wasn't yours?), but I remember seeing someone say that after biking on a stationary bike, he was a lot more flexible. Can you comment on that?
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

FormerKidd

« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2018, 04:53:55 AM »

It has now been over a month and a week since I stopped lengthening. I am visiting the X Ray technician tomorrow to get an X-Ray.
Hey Puru,

What kind of place did you go to to get your X-rays done and what did it cost?  (I'm wondering if maybe an urgent care can do it, although I don't think all places are setup to do this.). Did they just give you a CD with some standard format images (JPG/PNG/.etc)?

Purushrottam

« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2018, 08:19:43 PM »

Did they put you on the stationary bike, or on one of the NuStep machines? I've found the NuStep machines to not really help with knee flexibility, even when I was reaching full knee extension. By contrast, walking on the AlterG machine[url] for the same 10 minutes helped way more.

And I can't find that post right now (maybe it wasn't yours?), but I remember seeing someone say that after biking on a stationary bike, he was a lot more flexible. Can you comment on that?

Whoops. Just seeing this!

I don't remember exactly. I think it was a stationary bike. It was modified a bit so that you could get on it from a walker (the seat could turn to face away from the bike, making it easy for people with walkers to get on).

I started walking on the AlterG on my last 2 weeks there. It was extremely tedious/tiring compared to the bike. The bike basically made the stretching easier after compared to when I was doing therapy at home (w.o riding the bike).

That was my comment on this diary itself. Basically I didn't go to the gym for the first month. After I went (and biked on the stationary bike, I felt a lot more flexible). I found it:

My flexibility has gotten a lot better. When I stopped lengthening, my knees could barely bend 90 degrees even with the therapists pushing me. Now I can bend them past that by myself (and even more if someone is pushing my legs).

I actually went to the gym today for the first time since the surgery. It felt really good. I wish I had gone earlier but was a bit scared. I mostly rode the bike for 20 minutes and then did 20 minutes of chest exercises (I tried doing the lat pulldowns but I had trouble getting my legs around on that machine. Maybe I'll wait until I can fully weight bear before doing that) and then a few minutes of stretching. My stretch after doing the bike for 20 minutes was phenomenal. I realize that I should have been cyclying a lot earlier. Oh well.. never too late to learn.

-----
Hey Puru,

What kind of place did you go to to get your X-rays done and what did it cost?  (I'm wondering if maybe an urgent care can do it, although I don't think all places are setup to do this.). Did they just give you a CD with some standard format images (JPG/PNG/.etc)?

I searched for a medical imaging center. It was a standalone place that was not affiliated with any hospital. I called around to ask about the pricing. They gave me the CD. The format was something unusual (not a typical image format). I think all doctor offices use that format. I basically converted them to PDFs and emailed them to Dr. Paley.

OverrideYourGenetics

« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2018, 01:38:21 AM »

My stretch after doing the bike for 20 minutes was phenomenal. I realize that I should have been cyclying a lot earlier. Oh well.. never too late to learn.

Yes, this! Thank you.

I searched for a medical imaging center. It was a standalone place that was not affiliated with any hospital. I called around to ask about the pricing. They gave me the CD. The format was something unusual (not a typical image format). I think all doctor offices use that format. I basically converted them to PDFs and emailed them to Dr. Paley.

Correct, only imaging centers take x-ray orders from other doctors. Urgent care centers that are fully able to do x-rays, only do them if they themselves deem you need one. Their loss...

The images on the CD are in DICOM format. Those from the Paley Institute were in a folder named "DICOM" on the CD, and were numbered files without extension (1, 2, 3, etc.). I use the excellent open source image viewer and manager XnView MP to open them. From there, you can save them as JPG. Not sure yet what format Dr. Paley prefers, but I suspect DCM because it has more metadata, likely scaling information (pixels vs. centimeters).

BTW, DICOM files may include metadata such as your name and DOB, so be careful whom you share them with.

Purushrottam

« Reply #229 on: June 19, 2018, 12:37:32 AM »

Yes, this! Thank you.

Correct, only imaging centers take x-ray orders from other doctors. Urgent care centers that are fully able to do x-rays, only do them if they themselves deem you need one. Their loss...

The images on the CD are in DICOM format. Those from the Paley Institute were in a folder named "DICOM" on the CD, and were numbered files without extension (1, 2, 3, etc.). I use the excellent open source image viewer and manager XnView MP to open them. From there, you can save them as JPG. Not sure yet what format Dr. Paley prefers, but I suspect DCM because it has more metadata, likely scaling information (pixels vs. centimeters).

BTW, DICOM files may include metadata such as your name and DOB, so be careful whom you share them with.

Interesting.. I didn't know that. I'm going to get a final X-Ray next week to confirm when I can get the rods taken out.

FormerKidd

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2018, 05:26:36 AM »

Hey Puru,

How far into consolidation did you start driving?  Any difficulty?  (The folks I talked to there seemed to suggest it was better if you waited, although I think a lot of people do drive before they can walk.)

Also, at what point were you able to do things like bend down to the ground to pick something up, and tie your own shoes?  (Seems tough to get my feet close to me still.)

Oh - and did the rods set off metal detectors for you?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:01:35 AM by FormerKidd »

Purushrottam

« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2018, 02:54:15 AM »

Hey Puru,

How far into consolidation did you start driving?  Any difficulty?  (The folks I talked to there seemed to suggest it was better if you waited, although I think a lot of people do drive before they can walk.)

Also, at what point were you able to do things like bend down to the ground to pick something up, and tie your own shoes?  (Seems tough to get my feet close to me still.)

Oh - and did the rods set off metal detectors for you?

My bad for the late (and now probably useless) reply. I started driving immediately after I stopped lengthening. Getting into the car was tough at first due to low flexibility, but my car was luckily very low set. Later on, I figured out how to get into it with my crutches.

I don't remember when I was able to bend down and pick things up. Probably around late Feb/early march (2-3 months post lengthinig).

Dr Paley said that the rods won't set it off. He can give you a signed note for the TSA. I opted for the pat down instead.

OverrideYourGenetics

« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2018, 04:56:58 AM »

My bad for the late (and now probably useless) reply.

Check your PMs :) I've sent you one about how to get notified when you get a PM, and there's a setting to receive email notifications when there's a reply posted to the thread as well.

Purushrottam

« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2018, 02:43:48 AM »

Check your PMs :) I've sent you one about how to get notified when you get a PM, and there's a setting to receive email notifications when there's a reply posted to the thread as well.

Sorry! Forgot to respond. Yeah I used a burner email for this unfortunately.

Purushrottam

« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2018, 08:35:51 AM »

I woke up a few weeks ago and for the first time in a long time I didn't feel angry at the world. I am 99% sure it had to do with this surgery.

Purushrottam

« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »

Mini Update

I started playing casual (social) soccer in a league. The first day my running felt weird and my legs felt wobbly when I was changing directions. Now my running is pretty normal, at least for short bursts. I can jog for several minutes at 6 mph with no problem. I don't feel any pain or weirdness. I just get tired quicker. Everything else feels the same.

My flexibility is back for my hamstrings. My quads are still not 100% as I can't bend my knees all the way yet. However I have been stretching aggressively now. I still haven't gotten my leg strength back but thats because I stopped working out.

Overall though, life feels so much better. I'm not 100% convinced if its because of the surgery, or because I'm in a new city, or because I have a new job. I used to always get depression, thinking my life wasn't going anywhere. I was a dude with a really good career and everything about my life was good on paper... except for having 0 luck dating (or even eliciting any female interest). It was really frustrating seeing people put in less effort than me but getting a lot more in return. This was slowly turning me into a bitter person. I remember when I was in the pool at Homewood Suites, in the middle of the lengthening... I was afraid I was going to be a really bitter, angry person "Why do I have to go through this to have a normal, well adjusted life?!? Lifes not fair".

That NEVER happened. While during recovery, I was a little resentful, now that I am fully recovered, I feel so blessed. Almost everything in life is going my way now. The previous post I made on this thread may seem a bit random, but I don't remember every being depressed/angry since then.

I find it pretty easy to make friends now. Getting dates with women I'm interested isn't too hard either. Pre LL me would have been nervous as hell before a date, thinking I had to be on top of my game to keep her interest (and usually that was the case. If you are unattractive, you do have to be the best version of yourself to maintain her attention). Now I'm never nervous before a date, no matter how much of a 'catch' I think the girl is. I just go there, act like myself (still make an effort though.. everyone deserves that from their date) and let things take their course. Before that I used to get ghosted all the time.

It feels like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I no longer spend time moping about being short/hating the world/etc. I've become a much more positive person overall. Small things that used to piss me off (ie. Uber driver taking the wrong exit for the airport by accident when I'm late for a flight) just don't bother me anymore. I noticed that change when my driver made a wrong turn. I was just like "hey, don't worry about it... we all make mistakes". It came out so naturally. Pre LL me would have been silent but would have thought "omg you ****ing retard how did you mess that up?!?"

I am not going to have as many updates from now on as there isn't really much to say. I still frequent the forums though, so if there are any questions I can answer them (prefer not PMs though. I don't get email notifications). Overall, if you had a complication free experience, I can't fathom why anyone would regret this surgery. The several month gap in my career meant nothing. I don't think it affected me at all. Now that I'm working again, its as if I've been working the whole time.

I'll have one when I have my rods removed. In September it will be 1 year post op. I need to get it removed within 2 years. I can't believe time flew by so quickly.

myloginacc

« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2018, 11:23:06 PM »

Mini Update

I started playing casual (social) soccer in a league. The first day my running felt weird and my legs felt wobbly when I was changing directions. Now my running is pretty normal, at least for short bursts. I can jog for several minutes at 6 mph with no problem. I don't feel any pain or weirdness. I just get tired quicker. Everything else feels the same.

My flexibility is back for my hamstrings. My quads are still not 100% as I can't bend my knees all the way yet. However I have been stretching aggressively now. I still haven't gotten my leg strength back but thats because I stopped working out.

Overall though, life feels so much better. I'm not 100% convinced if its because of the surgery, or because I'm in a new city, or because I have a new job. I used to always get depression, thinking my life wasn't going anywhere. I was a dude with a really good career and everything about my life was good on paper... except for having 0 luck dating (or even eliciting any female interest). It was really frustrating seeing people put in less effort than me but getting a lot more in return. This was slowly turning me into a bitter person. I remember when I was in the pool at Homewood Suites, in the middle of the lengthening... I was afraid I was going to be a really bitter, angry person "Why do I have to go through this to have a normal, well adjusted life?!? Lifes not fair".

That NEVER happened. While during recovery, I was a little resentful, now that I am fully recovered, I feel so blessed. Almost everything in life is going my way now. The previous post I made on this thread may seem a bit random, but I don't remember every being depressed/angry since then.

I find it pretty easy to make friends now. Getting dates with women I'm interested isn't too hard either. Pre LL me would have been nervous as hell before a date, thinking I had to be on top of my game to keep her interest (and usually that was the case. If you are unattractive, you do have to be the best version of yourself to maintain her attention). Now I'm never nervous before a date, no matter how much of a 'catch' I think the girl is. I just go there, act like myself (still make an effort though.. everyone deserves that from their date) and let things take their course. Before that I used to get ghosted all the time.

It feels like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I no longer spend time moping about being short/hating the world/etc. I've become a much more positive person overall. Small things that used to piss me off (ie. Uber driver taking the wrong exit for the airport by accident when I'm late for a flight) just don't bother me anymore. I noticed that change when my driver made a wrong turn. I was just like "hey, don't worry about it... we all make mistakes". It came out so naturally. Pre LL me would have been silent but would have thought "omg you ****ing retard how did you mess that up?!?"

I am not going to have as many updates from now on as there isn't really much to say. I still frequent the forums though, so if there are any questions I can answer them (prefer not PMs though. I don't get email notifications). Overall, if you had a complication free experience, I can't fathom why anyone would regret this surgery. The several month gap in my career meant nothing. I don't think it affected me at all. Now that I'm working again, its as if I've been working the whole time.

I'll have one when I have my rods removed. In September it will be 1 year post op. I need to get it removed within 2 years. I can't believe time flew by so quickly.

Well, that's one great update! Just the kind we all hope to hear here. Choosing the best doctors pays off.

Glad your life has improved so much and you didn't have to deal with major complications. :)

Android is in Russia, so I'll just steal it from him (some more): onward and upward!
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Purushrottam

« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2018, 02:41:04 AM »

Well, that's one great update! Just the kind we all hope to hear here. Choosing the best doctors pays off.

Glad your life has improved so much and you didn't have to deal with major complications. :)

Android is in Russia, so I'll just steal it from him (some more): onward and upward!

Thank you! What are your LL plans?

A side note: One of my new co-workers is actually named Purushottam (how my username is actually supposed to be spelled. I typed it wrong). Just a funny coincidence.

Android

« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2018, 10:53:25 AM »

Awesome update Puru! Positivity is flowing out of you like a geyser. You deserve it!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Purushrottam

« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2018, 09:42:51 PM »

Awesome update Puru! Positivity is flowing out of you like a geyser. You deserve it!

Thanks Android! Hang in there!

Mini Update:

I'm working hard to get my body to the level it was at prior to LL. The only way to know how close I am is by measuring some standard metrics.

So here are the stats from my latest run (treadmill).

Incline: 2.0.
Duration: 8:00 minutes
Average Speed: 5.9 mph.

This is however says nothing about how strenuous the activity felt. Prior to LL, running 10 minutes at 6.0 mph and 2.0 incline got my heart rate at 150 bpm. Basically it felt like a moderate activity.

However, running at 8 minutes at (almost) 6.0 mph and 2.0 incline got my heart rate at 180 bmp. This indicates that its an extremely strenuous activity for me. This means that I have a long way to go before I reach my prior level of athleticism, but it is totally doable.

EDIT: On a side note, after I ran, I told my parents about my running stats. They were like "cool story... why are you telling us this?" Then it hit them. They totally forgot that I was hospitalized for LL (they were with me during the entire time). This goes to show how forgettable the experience is, less than a year after LL. I too am starting to forget most of my LL experiences (which is a good thing. moving on with life).

Pilor

« Reply #240 on: July 31, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »

Hi Purusrhottham,

Great to hear that your recovery is going very well !!

How was your sleep during lengthening, and has it improved now?

Wish sou all the best!

Shadow91

« Reply #241 on: July 31, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »

Great to hear buddy! Im happy for you!

Purushrottam

« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2018, 02:22:16 AM »

Hi Purusrhottham,

Great to hear that your recovery is going very well !!

How was your sleep during lengthening, and has it improved now?

Wish sou all the best!

Hello! Thank you!

During lengthening sleep was pretty bad. The dull pain makes it hard to sleep. However after a few days after I stopped lengthening, my sleep went back to normal as there was no pain.

Great to hear buddy! Im happy for you!

Thanks!

« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:47 PM »

Mini Update

how long a gap you took in your career? were you asked any questions about the gap during your interviews? thanks

Purushrottam

« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2018, 02:21:36 AM »

how long a gap you took in your career?

The gap was over half a year.

were you asked any questions about the gap during your interviews?

Sometimes. I just said it was for a medical reason and kept it ambiguous. Medical privacy (HIPPA, et al.) dictates that they don't ask much further. I also offered references to some companies (indicating that I had resigned and had not been fired).

Purushrottam

« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2018, 05:23:20 AM »

Update:

Don't neglect your P.T. stretches post lengthening. After stretching aggressively last couple of weeks, I can see really good improvements in my flexibility.

I can squat unassisted now, several times. I can kick pretty high up. My hamstring flexibility is still not as high as pre LL and I still can't bend my knees all the way (but sooooo close dammit). I've noticed that after my stretches, my legs feel weaker (and my stamina seems to be lower). I wonder if its because the longer muscle is weaker and has to be strengthened again? If you follow my updates, it seems like my running has gotten worse (the timings, not the gait). It might be because I'm not working out as aggressively as I used to when I was unemployed.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »

Hey man, glad to hear about your recovery and I hope my questions don’t stress you out or discourage you.

Are you able to disclose the interest rate on your loan? What did you offer as collateral? Was it your high paying job? How soon do you plan on paying it off? I think you said 5 years right? So i’m Assuming you’re allocating maybe ~20% of your annual income to repayment?

I’m thinking of financing my LL with Paley through a loan as well, just looking for any and all advice/info you can give. I can’t imagine going to a bank and saying to their face I need $100,000 for cosmetic limb lengthening, so I was wondering how you went about this.

Purushrottam

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2018, 01:02:51 AM »

Hey man, glad to hear about your recovery and I hope my questions don’t stress you out or discourage you.

Are you able to disclose the interest rate on your loan? What did you offer as collateral? Was it your high paying job? How soon do you plan on paying it off? I think you said 5 years right? So i’m Assuming you’re allocating maybe ~20% of your annual income to repayment?

I’m thinking of financing my LL with Paley through a loan as well, just looking for any and all advice/info you can give. I can’t imagine going to a bank and saying to their face I need $100,000 for cosmetic limb lengthening, so I was wondering how you went about this.

Your questions don't stress me out at all.

My loan interest rate is 10.4 % (I don't remember exactly) compounded annually. It's a 7 year alone and I have 6 years left. My monthly payment is about $1350. That's about 9.5% of my monthly income.

It's an unsecured loan from Sofi, meaning that there is no collateral... hence the high interest rate.

My income when I applied was $150k, which approved me for 80k max. My income is now $170k. I plan on paying it off aggressively (2 years instead of 6) by making extra payments.

OverrideYourGenetics also used the same loan provider.

The only advice I have is to have spotless credit and relatively high income. When I decided I wanted to get LL (3 years ago), I was only making $80k/year. More on this later as I'm about to lose internet for a few hours.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up