Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why so many people are doing (internal) femurs?  (Read 5189 times)

Why so many people are doing (internal) femurs?
« on: September 19, 2017, 01:39:14 AM »

I understand that internals are best for femur and internal is faster with minimal scar, so is that the only reason people are doing femurs ? (ie.e they want internal to reover faster with minimal scars and for internals femur is the best option thats why they are doing femurs) because otherwise having long femurs is much more odd to look at then long tibias. ANy thoughts? am I missing something? (e.g. they plan to do tibia anyway in future thats why?)

doomsday

Re: Why so many people are doing (internal) femurs?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 01:51:10 AM »

You researched LL for 4 years and now you're asking the most basic questions? Another lazy ass moron looking for direct answer rather than reading diaries which have all the answers...

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 03:35:05 AM »

you useless piece of  , if you cannot write anything of value or useful why dont you shut your stupid mouth?

google42

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »

It's mostly because femurs are easier to do and it takes less time when your using internals. Also you can get away with lengthening more on the femurs so people who want to do like 7-8 cm are probably better off doing femurs.

Mr Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »

I understand that internals are best for femur and internal is faster with minimal scar, so is that the only reason people are doing femurs ? (ie.e they want internal to reover faster with minimal scars and for internals femur is the best option thats why they are doing femurs) because otherwise having long femurs is much more odd to look at then long tibias. ANy thoughts? am I missing something? (e.g. they plan to do tibia anyway in future thats why?)

You have it all wrong. EXTERNAL femur lengthening is the best. Having two Illizarov frames wrapped around both of your thighs allows for complete mobility. Scars are barely noticeable. Like one or two keyhole incisions at most. Your sleeping will not be disrupted either. You can easily get 8-10 hours per night. Sitting in a chair is so much more comfortable with the Illizarov frames compared to that bulky internal nail in your femur.

I suggest you do at least 4 more years of research. Only an uneducated fool would even think of doing internal femur lengthening.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:49:12 PM by Mr Sarcastic »
banned for usage of hostility/insult/name-calling/ toward other users.

Mtall

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:25 PM »

Mr. Sarcastic is back! When did they allow you back in?

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »

Thanks. Your logic makes sense.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »

You have it all wrong. EXTERNAL femur lengthening is the best. Having two Illizarov frames wrapped around both of your thighs allows for complete mobility. Scars are barely noticeable. Like one or two keyhole incisions at most. Your sleeping will not be disrupted either. You can easily get 8-10 hours per night. Sitting in a chair is so much more comfortable with the Illizarov frames compared to that bulky internal nail in your femur.

I suggest you do at least 4 more years of research. Only an uneducated fool would even think of doing internal femur lengthening.

You should change your name to 'dimwit'

Mr Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »

You should change your name to 'dimwit'

Says the person who created this thread. Now that's irony...

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »

Says the person who created this thread...Hahahahahahahahaha

Well, I created this thread thats my problem, what are you doing here? wasting space . And why are you sending me personal messages? If you are unemployed search for jobs, dont waste you and people's time here and do not use taxpapyer's money for your food stamps.

Bander72

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »

Well, I created this thread thats my problem, what are you doing here? wasting space . And why are you sending me personal messages? If you are unemployed search for jobs, dont waste you and people's time here and do not use taxpapyer's money for your food stamps.

Why are you talking about government assistance?
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Mr Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 02:31:54 PM »

Well, I created this thread thats my problem, what are you doing here? wasting space.

I'm here to learn from incredibly intelligent members like you. Where else could I find such valuable questions posted from a well educated, logical, high achiever like yourself. You are an immense resource of knowledge with great questions that I couldn't possibly make my LL decision without.

Thank you very much for your contribution to this forum by creating such a well thought out, well researched question. Really, thank you!

Mr Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 02:43:20 PM »

I knew this was you when I saw him. Who would have ever guessed it was a movie star that posted this original question...

Datum

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 08:53:16 PM »

I don't understand why Mr Sarcastic is back but LLuser isn't unbanned.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »

@bander 72,Because I believe (just like Sarcastic started making assumptions on me I believe I have the right to make inferences on my own? or are you saying that he/she is allowed to judge me an I am not.) that sarcastic is a good for nothing loser whose only job is to troll around and waste his life rather than doing something useful and enjoys government subsidies from taxpayers' money. There are millions like him and I believe this person is one of them.

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »

Yes that is me, but I am still more intelligent than you and do not troll around but do something valuable with my life. What is your use on this world other than trolling around and encroach on others ?

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »

duplicate message.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »

I'm here to learn from incredibly intelligent members like you. Where else could I find such valuable questions posted from a well educated, logical, high achiever like yourself. You are an immense resource of knowledge with great questions that I couldn't possibly make my LL decision without.

Thank you very much for your contribution to this forum by creating such a well thought out, well researched question. Really, thank you!

My question is well researched and I dont need you to certify. What are you doing? just trolling around other peoples' diaries and sending them personal messages with abuses, you dont even have the guts to call me 'retarded' here (which was you first personal message to me calling me retarted). And I know who I am (a perfect SAT, GMAT, GRE guy, MBA from top university, senior manager in a fortune 500 company and I made it on my own coming from a poor rural family in India, what did you do with your life besides abusing people and trying to belittle them to feel intelligent ?).

Mr Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »

My question is well researched and I dont need you to certify. What are you doing? just trolling around other peoples' diaries and sending them personal messages with abuses, you dont even have the guts to call me 'retarded' here (which was you first personal message to me calling me retarted). And I know who I am (a perfect SAT, GMAT, GRE guy, MBA from top university, senior manager in a fortune 500 company and I made it on my own coming from a poor rural family in India, what did you do with your life besides abusing people and trying to belittle them to feel intelligent ?).

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 10:03:06 PM »

Yes, that's what you are good at, abusing people, calling them loser, retarded and feeling good about yourself. Get a life, because right now you don't have one and stop abusing me using PMs. If you are a man, post what you want to post here, don't be a sissy. BTW - the girl in the poster is hot.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:53:07 PM by prakash419 »

Bander72

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 03:20:22 AM »

https://giphy.com/gifs/mrw-laughing-class-OhrNfRrBxgz16

Well I wonder if they have you solve difficult problems in that fortune 500 company of yours.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

biggerdreams

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 04:44:02 AM »

It's mostly because femurs are easier to do and it takes less time when your using internals. Also you can get away with lengthening more on the femurs so people who want to do like 7-8 cm are probably better off doing femurs.

this.

also internal tibia is less seamless than internal femur. if you read diaries, a lot of members who do internal femur explain their reasoning behind it.

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »

Thanks a lot. Yes, these reasons seem to drive most internal option guys to go for the femur. thanks

The Dreamer

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »

Thanks a lot. Yes, these reasons seem to drive most internal option guys to go for the femur. thanks
Allow me to join the discussion,internal femurs are prefered because imply a significantly minor risk of permanent knee pain.I will link you an wide study on risk of femur and tibia regarding the use of intramedullary nails.
The best method for tibia seems to be external,while internal for femurs
Edited:here is the link,good lecture                           http://www.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/88-B/5/576
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »

Thanks a lot. My biggest thought was - makes perfect sense to do femur if internal is what one has decide on - but am I the only one bothered about the fact that Femurs are already lengthier than tibias and people lengthening femur are going to much more odd compared to what they would look if they lengthen tibia, that was my question - any thoughts?

The Dreamer

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 09:09:08 PM »

Thanks a lot. My biggest thought was - makes perfect sense to do femur if internal is what one has decide on - but am I the only one bothered about the fact that Femurs are already lengthier than tibias and people lengthening femur are going to much more odd compared to what they would look if they lengthen tibia, that was my question - any thoughts?
No,you're not the only one.I'm interested in tibias
It is true that lengthening tibias will allow you to achieve a way better aestethical result,no doubt.Long tibias make a person to appear taller while longer femurs not,too long femurs may lead an ugly result.
But the truth is that tibias are more difficult:longer time of healing,2 bones that have to regenerate(also fibula),can handle less cm than femurs.If one person wants big ammounts of lengthening,usually choices femurs
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

FDR101

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 10:25:59 PM »

No,you're not the only one.I'm interested in tibias
It is true that lengthening tibias will allow you to achieve a way better aestethical result,no doubt.Long tibias make a person to appear taller while longer femurs not,too long femurs may lead an ugly result.
But the truth is that tibias are more difficult:longer time of healing,2 bones that have to regenerate(also fibula),can handle less cm than femurs.If one person wants big ammounts of lengthening,usually choices femurs

And don't forget risk of Achilles Tendon surgery, if you lengthen Tibia past 4 cm.

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »

Thanks dreamer and FDR 101. FDR - I have made up my mind to have external tibia in next one year (and then internal femurs) so would appreciate if you can shed light on your point about "Achilles Tendon surgery" - I keep hearing about this issue but have limited knowledge on - are you saying that lengthening tibia beyond 4 CM may stretch the Achilles Tendon so much that a surgery might be needed to lengthen that as well? would appreciate if you can elaborate. I read people doing like 8 CM (hell even we have people doing 10 CM!! (on tibia itself). My aim is minimal 6 CM, maximum (if possible) 7 CM on tibia using external. Can you shed some light on the topic Achilles Tendon surgery? thanks

google42

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 10:39:11 PM »

I think longer femurs would look fine. If your already at a taller starting height then you could just do tibias because you don't need more lengthening unlike shorter people and it will be cheaper

Knik

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »

"internal is faster with minimal scar"
that's actually wrong. It depend on the doctor. But Pili told me that there is more scars with external (tibias - of course externals are not the good solution for femurs), but they are small and disappearing faster
Also with internals you don't have to support these things attached to your legs but both internal femurs and externals tibias give a long recovery
And look at Unicorn, you will see that internal femurs even with one of the more expensive and present doctor is not safe.
Looking for Pili

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »

"internal is faster with minimal scar"
that's actually wrong. It depend on the doctor. But Pili told me that there is more scars with external (tibias - of course externals are not the good solution for femurs), but they are small and disappearing faster
Also with internals you don't have to support these things attached to your legs but both internal femurs and externals tibias give a long recovery
And look at Unicorn, you will see that internal femurs even with one of the more expensive and present doctor is not safe.

Thanks thephilo, yes agree - nothing is certain and depends on doctors and varies from case to case. I did not get this point of yours - 'but both internal femurs and externals tibias give a long recovery' , I thought external tibia and internal femurs are the fastest recovery options of all? thanks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up