Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I am just 10% of what I could have been than than if I was the right height  (Read 7421 times)

Or 20% being generous. It's all connected with the ultimate 3 reasons of why I need height. If I was like 5'9"-5'10", I wouldn't be seen as short by any social standards and I am physically taller than 95%-99% of white women population and 50% of men. We all know that women don't like men shorter than them.

But now since I'm only 5'5.75", I officially statistically fall into short category, only taller than 40% of the women and shorter than 95% of men. I can't help to think that it's world difference.

Now you may ask, what makes you think that 5'9"-5'10" is your right height? First of all my father is 5'9"-5'10" and my sisters are 5'5" and 5'4.5". To be fair, I don't see everyday other Asian guys who are good 3"-4" shorter than his fathers and barely taller than his sisters.

Either I gotta be really really really unlucky in genetic lottery or it's, what I prefer to accept as the reality, that I stunted my growth. I happened to do ALL THINGS that could harm growth, I mean ALL.

In the past, I believed that it's masturbation. Then I ate mainly rice (carbs) without adequate amount of vitamin and protein. But the most popular and what I believe to really have had a huge impact on my short stature is sleep deprivation and depression.

As you might know, the theory is that we grow when we sleep, if we don't sleep then there's no growth. By sleep deprivation, I meant consistent 2 hours of night sleep since the age of 10. Lastly, depression killed the growth cells.

Now, what's the reason behind my sleep deprivation and depression? School. And what's the reason behind me attending school? My parents. Believing my parents was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've done in the past.

Things will never be the same now. I will have to fight with the my 10-20% left for the next decades, for no necessary reasons.

IwannaBeTaller

Dude, lay off these stupid calculations, they are not helpful. Adult height is the result of many different factors, one being the environment and another being genetics, where over 100 different genes influence how your growth looks like. You might have stunted some of your potential growth - nobody can tell your how much that is 100% - or your upbringing might only have had a marginal effect on your adult height. A lot of teens barely sleep and still grow up tall. There is no evidence that depression stunts growth. The effects of depression, such as lack of sleep or nutrition can have an effect, but depression itself does not.

You might've reached close to your complete genetic potential for all we know. You are taller than your sisters. How tall is your mother? In any case, it does not matter too much now. Back in your teen years, you did the best you could based on the situation back then. Now you are where you are now. Work from there.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Android

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm sorry that you've been through so much. It's no fun to feel that you may have made all the wrong choices when looking back.

There are plenty of tall people who prescribed to your way of living, so I'd just blame the genetic lottery; don't be so harsh on your younger self. I ate a ton of rice and not much meat either, and I'm only 5'5", but my mom is 4'11" so under the circumstances I consider myself lucky. Still shorter than my dad though, he's around 5'7".

Work on your depression first, and when you're no longer blaming your past, then look into CLL. Don't do CLL to fix the past, do it to improve your future.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

jerkey

If you are set on getting LL and you have bad depression, you should get that in check with meds/smth first b/c LL can get very lonely and difficult psychologically. You can't move around well for months during lengthening. There's occasional pains and stretches can sometimes get difficult. As far as I'm concerned you can take antidepressants while doing LL so you should get it dealt with first.

Android

If you are set on getting LL and you have bad depression, you should get that in check with meds/smth first b/c LL can get very lonely and difficult psychologically. You can't move around well for months during lengthening.

Good point, plenty of examples in patient experiences in which OP has a "why did I sign up for this" phase. Depending on how you spend your time during lengthening/consolidation, you can also feel very isolated; it can only worsen if clinically depressed.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Body Builder

Height is almost 99% genetic.
Even if you slept a lot and ate the best you could you would have been taller 2-3 cm at max.
So you would have still been short.

So don't think about all these, they are stupid. My father is 5.9 and my mother 5.3 and I was born 5.6. My first cousin has a 5.5 dad and a 5.1 mom and he is 5.8.
So different genetics but I don't blame anyone, I simply was unlucky to have a bad height but lucky to have a good face, mesomorph body (which can get good muscles) etc. Most of people can't have anything.
And since we have LL, height is something that can change so don't think about all these bs that stunted your height (because the main reason was just bad genetics, accept it) and do LL the improve your life.

google42

What you said is not true. Your height does not make or break you and you can definitely be successful and happy in life. Also, height is mostly genetic and there are many examples I can point out to you. I know people who've always played sports and ate healthy but are still short. I know people who did the opposite and are average height or taller. Maybe you did stunt your growth but I doubt it was by a lot.

After all You can still do leg lengthening but you have to be in a positive state first. Get help for your depression and other stuff so you can make yourself happy. Once your happy with yourself and you still want to do leg lengthening then the process will be much easier for you.

Get your life together-> make yourself happier-> then decide to do leg lengthening= better outcome

MrHandsome

What you said is not true. Your height does not make or break you and you can definitely be successful and happy in life. Also, height is mostly genetic and there are many examples I can point out to you. I know people who've always played sports and ate healthy but are still short. I know people who did the opposite and are average height or taller. Maybe you did stunt your growth but I doubt it was by a lot.

After all You can still do leg lengthening but you have to be in a positive state first. Get help for your depression and other stuff so you can make yourself happy. Once your happy with yourself and you still want to do leg lengthening then the process will be much easier for you.

Get your life together-> make yourself happier-> then decide to do leg lengthening= better outcome

You are wrong. Height is a big factor in success especially dating success. It is very difficult for a short person to become successful.

Bander72

I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for this guy. And the lunatic above me that talks nonsense.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

onemorefoot

I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for this guy. And the lunatic above me that talks nonsense.
I Guess feel bad, depression is a serious thing,About maths, height depends all in genetics, so even if you eat like a pig And sleep like in hell, you would still be at your current height, see some african tribes that reach a very tall height And It is not becuase of good feeding.
Budget will determine my future.

MrHandsome

Lol don't call me a lunatic. You are a clown man. You say that height doesn't matter and you're on a leg lengthening forum. The hypocrasy is crazy.

Winterishere

• Visitor

Many people seem to have a skewed perception of growth in children. While it is true that a good diet with a healthy amount of exercise and sleep does lead to an increase in height and body mass, this is mainly meant in a generational and cultural sense rather than in one individual person. It would be very unlikely for the factors you mentioned to significantly stunt your growth, which is primarily genetic. Unfortunately you most likely would of been the same height regardless, and masterbation would of most certainly not caused any effect either. In fact masterbation is perfectly natural and has been linked to a huge variety of healthy attributes, especially in males. 5ft 6 is on the shorter side of normal for a male, but its in no means abnormal. If you want my personal opinion you have two choices in the matter. Learn to live and love yourself the way you are, or take action and do something about it! Distributing blame in your life will only make things harder and push people away. Good luck to you and I hope this in some way helped!

lldude

Sympathize.
I had a rough childhood and sometimes I think that the stress I've been through helped stunt my growth. That kind of thinking is depressing and completely unhelpful.

RealTrump

Things will never be the same now. I will have to fight with the my 10-20% left for the next decades, for no necessary reasons.

Ok--better sit in your room and do nothing about it. JO and drink sodas.

Bander72

Lol don't call me a lunatic. You are a clown man. You say that height doesn't matter and you're on a leg lengthening forum. The hypocrasy is crazy.

I'm not crying about it like I have no hope in life like you. You think 5 8 is too short but 5 9 is not. Really a lunatic.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

YourSpaceBoyfriend

You are wrong. Height is a big factor in success especially dating success. It is very difficult for a short person to become successful.

And again i see that one cuck in every "hurrdurr i ned to be at lest 6'9 to ged pussi b0ss"

IwannaBeTaller

And again i see that one cuck in every "hurrdurr i ned to be at lest 6'9 to ged pussi b0ss"

It's the same users every time:

MrDumbsome: Height is the most important thing for all the women in the universe, if you're below 5'7'', kill yourself. I am 16 years old and know these things.
Bodybuilder: Height is the most important thing for all women in the universe, but strangely the perfect height is 5'11''-6' and after that, a male body becomes disproportionate (coincidentally, he can reach the "perfect height" with another LL surgery).

MrHandsome

You're not even funny. You need to be not short to get women. Women don't like short men. Do you understand that or not? If not, then explain why you are on this forum and why you are planning go get leg lengthening

MrHandsome

I'm not crying about it like I have no hope in life like you. You think 5 8 is too short but 5 9 is not. Really a lunatic.

Ok so what? 5'8 is 20th percentile on the census and 5'10 is 50th. That's the difference.

lldude

You're not even funny. You need to be not short to get women. Women don't like short men. Do you understand that or not? If not, then explain why you are on this forum and why you are planning go get leg lengthening

Do you believe every men here is going through (or went through) limb lengthening surgery to increase their chances with women?

MrHandsome

Do you believe every men here is going through (or went through) limb lengthening surgery to increase their chances with women?

No some are and some are doing it for other reasons.

lldude

No some are and some are doing it for other reasons.

Exactly. So what is the point of asking other members "why are you planing to go through surgery if not for women" if you know people have different reasons why they want to go through this journey?

Jack1066

Coming back on the forum after a little break has really put this kind of stuff in perspective!... It's plain to see how toxic it can be and how neurotic a lot of the users are.

I also advise you to take a break (I mean MrHandsome and people like him especially). My height dysmorphia isn't totally better but it has recovered a lot in the time I spent off this site. At 5'9" in a one inch lift I feel very average now and take a more sane view of my height, whereas before I always felt short and insecure even only being 1 inch off average (which I now see is a small difference).

1) Yes 5'8" is fine and personally most of my problems have been in my head. Some girls would tell me they didn't like my height, always girls I wasn't interested in anyway, but it has never been what has stopped me from getting a girl I want. I do not feel like men have generally respected me less for my height and if they have (only a few times when I was a teenager) it didn't bother me too much. I do want LL but I feel my reasons are a lot more personal than this and to do with my own perception of my body, really.

2) So many women just don't give a crap about height. A girl I am seeing at the moment (she is 5'4") teased me about her hot housemate. He's a few inches shorter than me. I think a while ago she told me she liked tall men. But really I think it's one of those things a lot of girls think they care about but don't, or one trait among many others for most women, who don't fetishise it really.

3) It's statistically true that short people in general are paid less (there are loads of articles about this on the internet). But so are most people who aren't attractive white men. If you really pity yourself over this you should get some perspective and/or do something about it.

4) OP, you didn't stunt your growth much. It takes serious malnutrition to stunt growth- anorexia does, as does famine. If you were just skipping meals, or eating a lot of junk, or not always sleeping enough, your body has loads of catch-up strategies for growth to deal with that (there's plenty of research done into that for e.g. kids who smoke or are on ADHD meds and stop over a period of time experience accelerated growth over that period). Don't beat yourself up- you're feeling guilty because you have a psychological problem with your body which is OK and understandable. It's just the genetic lottery that you drew a, subjectively speaking, bad card in.

You are many things apart from your height! Imagine the primary trait in someone's personality was their height, or even their most attractive feature... They probably wouldn't be very attractive or interesting (I don't think most women look for height primarily in a man, I think generally your face or body type is more important, even though height does matter to some degree to most women).

Dude, lay off these stupid calculations, they are not helpful. Adult height is the result of many different factors, one being the environment and another being genetics, where over 100 different genes influence how your growth looks like. You might have stunted some of your potential growth - nobody can tell your how much that is 100% - or your upbringing might only have had a marginal effect on your adult height. A lot of teens barely sleep and still grow up tall. There is no evidence that depression stunts growth. The effects of depression, such as lack of sleep or nutrition can have an effect, but depression itself does not.

You might've reached close to your complete genetic potential for all we know. You are taller than your sisters. How tall is your mother? In any case, it does not matter too much now. Back in your teen years, you did the best you could based on the situation back then. Now you are where you are now. Work from there.

Maybe I didn't do the best I could, I could have done something more to prevent it. A marginal effect is still an effect. You're right, I don't know how much my 100% is. But what I know that I did everything that I could do stunt my height and that's the guilt I have to live with for the rest of my life.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm sorry that you've been through so much. It's no fun to feel that you may have made all the wrong choices when looking back.

There are plenty of tall people who prescribed to your way of living, so I'd just blame the genetic lottery; don't be so harsh on your younger self. I ate a ton of rice and not much meat either, and I'm only 5'5", but my mom is 4'11" so under the circumstances I consider myself lucky. Still shorter than my dad though, he's around 5'7".

Work on your depression first, and when you're no longer blaming your past, then look into CLL. Don't do CLL to fix the past, do it to improve your future.

Strangely, tall people that I know all liked to sleep. To be honest, I never met anyone else who slept 2 hours a night since the age of 10 consistently until 17.

Height is almost 99% genetic.
Even if you slept a lot and ate the best you could you would have been taller 2-3 cm at max.
So you would have still been short.

So don't think about all these, they are stupid. My father is 5.9 and my mother 5.3 and I was born 5.6. My first cousin has a 5.5 dad and a 5.1 mom and he is 5.8.
So different genetics but I don't blame anyone, I simply was unlucky to have a bad height but lucky to have a good face, mesomorph body (which can get good muscles) etc. Most of people can't have anything.
And since we have LL, height is something that can change so don't think about all these bs that stunted your height (because the main reason was just bad genetics, accept it) and do LL the improve your life.

2-3 would still make a difference. Besides it's just an arbitrary number you made up. Maybe it's 5cm-10cm? I'll never know.

My height definitely breaks me. I have no doubt about it. I don't know about other people, all I know is that I was extremely sleep deprived and ended up short when my father and sisters are tall.

What's there to laugh?

Many people seem to have a skewed perception of growth in children. While it is true that a good diet with a healthy amount of exercise and sleep does lead to an increase in height and body mass, this is mainly meant in a generational and cultural sense rather than in one individual person. It would be very unlikely for the factors you mentioned to significantly stunt your growth, which is primarily genetic. Unfortunately you most likely would of been the same height regardless, and masterbation would of most certainly not caused any effect either. In fact masterbation is perfectly natural and has been linked to a huge variety of healthy attributes, especially in males. 5ft 6 is on the shorter side of normal for a male, but its in no means abnormal. If you want my personal opinion you have two choices in the matter. Learn to live and love yourself the way you are, or take action and do something about it! Distributing blame in your life will only make things harder and push people away. Good luck to you and I hope this in some way helped!

I never said 5'6" is abnormal. I am saying that I will have to live with 10% of my maximum potential for the rest of my life.

If you are set on getting LL and you have bad depression, you should get that in check with meds/smth first b/c LL can get very lonely and difficult psychologically. You can't move around well for months during lengthening. There's occasional pains and stretches can sometimes get difficult. As far as I'm concerned you can take antidepressants while doing LL so you should get it dealt with first.

Ok--better sit in your room and do nothing about it. JO and drink sodas.

I'm not set on getting it. I wish I could do something about it. But LL will cripple me as a martial artist.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Your posts reek of anger, you should grow pair of balls bby.

Jack1066

5-10 cm height differences are only seen in populations which have literally suffered famine, it would not be that much, maybe an inch at most. (See the differences between heights of North and South Korean men, same gene pool but 3-4 in height difference).

MrHandsome

Your posts reek of anger, you should grow pair of balls bby.

Whatever man I'm just stating facts

Body Builder

It's the same users every time:

MrDumbsome: Height is the most important thing for all the women in the universe, if you're below 5'7'', kill yourself. I am 16 years old and know these things.
Bodybuilder: Height is the most important thing for all women in the universe, but strangely the perfect height is 5'11''-6' and after that, a male body becomes disproportionate (coincidentally, he can reach the "perfect height" with another LL surgery).
You are a liar.
I never said that 5.11 is the ideal height or that after 6ft body gets disproportionate.
I said that all heights from 5.11 to 6.3 are very good and the ideal is an average of them (something like 6.1).

So don't put in my mouth words I never said.
And after all, I am a veteral LL'er and I write my opinion after all the experience I have especially as I lived with 2 different heights and still see how important is height for women as a height close to average (like 5.9 that I am) is not enough for many women and it is not ideal for almost all of them.
So whats your opinion about that?

And how tall you are after all? Because if you find all these bs then you must be tall or live in denial. In both cases there is no reason to be in an LL forum.

IwannaBeTaller

I never said that 5.11 is the ideal height or that after 6ft body gets disproportionate.

And after all, who cares if new generations are 6.4+ ft tall (although it is by no way true, just saying) ?
These heights doesn't make a man look better. Most of the times so tall men look skinny and with too long and disproportionate legs that seems fragile.

Most 6.4 men look disproportionate and skinny and for no reason this height isn't more aesthetic than a 6ft body which is the upper limit when you can have good muscles and look tall and proportional at the same time.

Even in more aesthetic categories like fitness and all these most men are hardly ever more than 6ft.

Tall men most of the times have skinny or disproportionate bodies (too long feet etc) and also have the drawbacks I mentioned before about food, space and all these.

But for an 1.80+ I always found it completely crazy, and before my LL and now.

And no, it is not coming from what you say at least for me.
I never fancied tall men, I don't think they look better than average men and they are no better physically in almost amything.

And many more posts where you said exactly the same.

Body Builder

Yes, I said that after 6ft (maybe 6.1 at max) it is almost impossible to have big muscles and a proportionate body.
I talked about musclesnas I am an amateur bber and most of the professional bbers are 6ft and less.
And I was refering to really tall men (6.3 and more) that they most of the times look skinny and disproportionate, not to 6.1-2 men.

Anyway, as I said 5.11 till 6.3 are excellent heights with some pros and cons (the shorter the more muscular you can be, the taller the more impression you do to taller women) and that's my final words.
If I could personally could choose a height that would be 6ft but anything more than 5.11 is excellent for me.

But you haven't answered me. How tall are you and why are you here?

MrHandsome

YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE SUCKS BEING SHORT PERIOD. IN THE MODERN DAY SOCIETY YOU NEED TO BE OVER 5'9 TO ENJOY A HEALTHY SEX LIFE WITH WOMEN. THERE YOU GO.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up