Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad (Las Vegas, USA) Limbplastx Institute  (Read 23244 times)

BelowTheMean

Re: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad (Las Vegas, USA) Limbplastx Institute
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2021, 06:02:27 AM »

them shoes might have had lifts in them. No doubt hes a short dude. I have sincerely wondered why he doesnt do this procedure for himself and get taller. He knows this procedure inside out, knows how safe it is and how minimally invasive it is. There ain't nothing like a surgeon leading by example and showing skin in the game. Same way doctors taking covid vaccine gives enormous faith among us common plebs, him doing leg length surgery on himself would give us enormous faith in leg length surgery.

I’d put him at at least 5’8.5”, so claiming 5’9.5” isn’t that strange. I had just measured at 173.5cm barefoot on the stadiometer, and I was about the same height or a tiny bit taller than him when we were both in shoes. He had thinner soles than me (I was in Adidas boosts.)
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

las vegas baby

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2021, 06:13:45 AM »

I’d put him at at least 5’8.5”, so claiming 5’9.5” isn’t that strange. I had just measured at 173.5cm barefoot on the stadiometer, and I was about the same height or a tiny bit taller than him when we were both in shoes. He had thinner soles than me (I was in Adidas boosts.)

what about that photo above then? is it the camera angle? maybe the dude who took the photo took it from way high up.

he generally looks short from some of his videos also.

if hes truly 5'8 and above then he would be somewhat vindicated for not having done the procedure for himself.

xianeffect

Why is Doctor Debiparshad of limbplastx lying about his experience?
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2021, 06:20:35 AM »

You would think that because he did a residency with Doctor Dror Paley, Doctor Kevin Debiparshad would not feel the need to lie about his experience after starting his limbplastx center.. But Doctor Paley himself called out Debiparshad for lying about his patient numbers and warning people about doctors like him. It is telling that he upset Doctor Paley so much that he did not care about calling his former resident a liar.

(Starts at 40:23 in video)

6CMFemurs

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2021, 07:30:28 AM »

Honestly I think many of these doctors internalize the feeling of growing taller through watching their patients grow.

Body Builder

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2021, 12:06:47 PM »

increase demand = more docs offering it (see now there are so many new ones already: marie, giotikas, buldu, assayag, javier, parihar, mehta, kohne, nic gay, etc )

more docs offering = competitive pricing and more volume of surgeries

more volume of surgeries = more interest in new nails and scaling up new nail production

more interest in new nails and scaling up production = cheaper prices

it wont happen in one day, but it will slowly happen.

first step is to get public attention.
More people wanting something, the more expensive it gets.
Period.

And maybe you want public attention. Me and the vast majority of LLers want to keep it as secret as possible. And public attention won't let new LL'ers at least keep it confidential. And for me if my LL was known to anyone, especially women, it would have been almost useless.

So speak about yourself. Neither you nor that merchant doctor represent what the average LLer wants.

Vibes

Re: Why is Doctor Debiparshad of limbplastx lying about his experience?
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2021, 12:02:12 AM »

Thank-you for starting this topic! Dr. Paley literally told me in person at a consult that he was not honest about his numbers.

And then I see many people say he is a great doctor...which I am not discrediting. All I would like to know is why he lied about this and continues to lie repeatedly? It's OKAY to admit that you don't have a lot of cases yet, I mean come on he is a young surgeon. But once he starts lying about it is where he loses all credibility and essentially shows zero character or personal integrity.

If he is telling the truth, then I would take back these statements. But it really seems like he isn't...

Vibes

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2021, 12:12:08 AM »

Period.

And maybe you want public attention. Me and the vast majority of LLers want to keep it as secret as possible. And public attention won't let new LL'ers at least keep it confidential. And for me if my LL was known to anyone, especially women, it would have been almost useless.

So speak about yourself. Neither you nor that merchant doctor represent what the average LLer wants.

Agree with you 110% on this.

We don't want attention. It does nothing for us. Those that have zero problems disclosing their surgery to everyone around them including random people online are generally not well-adapted socially. And I mean this in the strictly clinical sense. That is to say, it is not currently socially acceptable to get this extreme surgery and shame is a common convention used for many social complexes.

In other words, if most of society says you are super weird--you probably are and should just hide that thing. At least, if you want to succeed in that given social hierarchy.

And I mean come on...no one does this surgery to be taller in their house alone. They do it to be taller in RELATION to others. AKA don't say "I don't care about what society thinks" because right there you're already full of it.

P.S. when I say "you" I am not talking to anyone specifically.  8)

Body Builder

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2021, 01:03:46 AM »

I never stopped writing that any merchant doctor is not to be trusted and a very bad choice for LL.
And D is the worst example of a merchant.
Paley exposed him by tellimg he is a liar too.

And still some people defend him.
Maybe that forum has more promoters than I thought.

Vibes

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »

I never stopped writing that any merchant doctor is not to be trusted and a very bad choice for LL.
And D is the worst example of a merchant.
Paley exposed him by tellimg he is a liar too.

And still some people defend him.
Maybe that forum has more promoters than I thought.

When you say "that" forum do you mean this forum or the "old" forum? I was never on there so I don't know what you refer to.

las vegas baby

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2021, 07:18:19 AM »

Period.

go read about industrial revolution.

xianeffect

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2021, 10:03:29 AM »

Why did Doctor Debiparshad delete all his old videos that were used to be on here? It was like series of short question and answer format.

Also how is he so confident that he can take on all these cosmetic patients when he has only very few years of experience? More than one doctor says that more important than treating complications is being able to anticipate and prevent problems, which only comes after a certain number of years and cases of that experience. I am not so sure that worst case scenario he would know what to do.

He must not have been one of Doctor Paley's top residents if Paley warns people to go specifically to experienced doctors for cosmetic lengthening in the next sentence after telling viewers that Debiparshad is not honest and that this mercenary business of leg lengthening makes him angry.

las vegas baby

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2021, 03:29:06 PM »

I dont this hes lying. Look at his social media. At least 20 cases just on there. obviously there would be another set of patients who didnt want to be put on social media.

I dont know why Paley dismissed him though. How can paley know better than dr D how many cases hes done? Dr D is an adult and has moved on after his residency at Paley. How does Paley keep track of how many patients dr D does? Its against HIPAA rules if Paley has visibility on this.

I also saw one Dr D post on insta being likedby Paley institute, so now I think theyre friends again.

las vegas baby

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2021, 07:11:43 AM »

Dr Kevin has done 46 surgeries in 2020 and has already done 7 in January 2021 as per his social media account. I can't think of anyone else who would do these many. I just hope is attending to his patients needs.

Jcorleone

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2021, 06:07:49 PM »

I've heard dozens of good reviews about dr.debiparshad. his quality is not even open to arguement.
Former forumist, Orthopedic equipment supplier to Europe and US.

Sambollio

Moving to Vegas, Need Advice on Debiparshad
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2021, 11:57:49 PM »

Hey guys, my original plan was to go to UC Irvine and get LL in two years while taking a year off between Uni and med school. Plans changed and my brother, dad and me are buying a house outside of Vegas. The problem is, obviously, that now going to Dr. Shahab M, is less realistic due to distance.

Basically I’d just like as much opinions on Dr.D as possible because looking through some of the older posts, I’m pretty sketchy feeling on him currently. He seems like one of the more controversial docs on here and there isn’t a lot of recent discussion. Thanks to everyone for the help!

BelowTheMean

Re: Moving to Vegas, Need Advice on Debiparshad
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2021, 02:14:32 AM »

Hey guys, my original plan was to go to UC Irvine and get LL in two years while taking a year off between Uni and med school. Plans changed and my brother, dad and me are buying a house outside of Vegas. The problem is, obviously, that now going to Dr. Shahab M, is less realistic due to distance.

Basically I’d just like as much opinions on Dr.D as possible because looking through some of the older posts, I’m pretty sketchy feeling on him currently. He seems like one of the more controversial docs on here and there isn’t a lot of recent discussion. Thanks to everyone for the help!

First, I don't think you necessarily need to be local to your LL doctor, especially since there are so few doctors doing CLL in the US. Personally, I flew across the country many times to do followups with Dr D and I would have had to do so regardless of which doctor I ended up going with.

Now I may be biased since I got my LL done with Dr. D, but I think he's a good doctor. His academic qualifications are very good, he seems knowledgable, and he has good bedside manner. He's also pretty young, so he's definitely more relatable to me (though of course youth is not really an advantage for doctors). He was actually more concerned about scarring than I was and he made very small incisions on my thighs during surgery compared to what I've seen some others post on the forum. I personally had a pretty good experience with him and have no problems recommending him.

Now there seems to be three controversial points that people on the forum like bringing up about him.
  • The first one is that he is exaggerating how many cases he has done. I don't know if this is true or not; it's not like anyone can here can pull out any actual evidence for this other than word of mouth. He didn't have too many diaries on here in 2019, but he did have a lot more cases in 2020. I met multiple patients in the hospital and PT center who had surgery within a week of when I did. So at worse I think this could be a case of "fake it 'til you make it" which would certainly be controversial, but I guess every doctor has to start from somewhere. His CLL patient volume is definitely much higher now than when this thread first started. Also, keep in mind that only a tiny percentage of patients even go on this forum, let alone spend the time to write a diary.
  • The second controversial point is that he is advertising CLL significantly compared to other doctors and focused on cosmetic cases vs fixing medical problems. This was one of the points people used to attack Dr. M early on in his career, but now that Dr. M is more established and has a ton of diaries on here, people don't bring it up anymore. However, a few cringeworthy billboards around LA are not on the same level as doing interviews across as many media sites as possible to promote the operation. He has definitely taken CLL advertising to a new level and has potentially increased the number of people who know about this surgery. Personally, I don't think CLL will ever become mainstream because it's too extreme, but people will have varying opinions on this. I don't think his advertising practices affect his skills as a surgeon though.
  • The third controversial point seems to be his height. He seems to claim 5'9" to 5'9.5" in various sources people have found online and based on pictures some people claim that he is about 5'6". Having met him many times throughout the lengthening process, I would say he's definitely over 5'8" though maybe not quite 5'9". I was already past 5cm on lengthening before I was confident that I was a bit taller than him. I don't think he is exaggerating his height any more than a normal person would on the Internet. This also doesn't have anything to do with his surgical skills.

Again, I'm just a patient of his, so I don't really know that much more than you do. Before I had my surgery last fall I also read through this thread and all of his past journals. I reached out to a few doctors and ultimately went with him. I don't regret that decision at all.

However, I do want to point out that for LL there are many more important things to consider when you pick a doctor than where they are physically located or how much they cost. You should pick one that you trust and believe will perform the surgery well on you, and who will provide adequate post-operational support for any issues that you run into. Ultimately, no matter who you go with, most of the work for LL still comes from yourself. You'll be the one who has to do all the stretching and PT to stay ahead of the tightness. You will be the one taking your medication to stay ahead of the pain. The base rate at which your body makes bone callus will be the same regardless of which surgeon you go with. How fast you ultimately return to normal is based on the healing speed of your own body.

Which surgeon you go with (as long as it's in the US) is not the only impact on your chances of success with the surgery. Every surgeon who has journals on this forum has had cases of missing things during lengthening and running into issues because of it. While the surgeon having more experience with LL is great, you should also be looking at your own X-rays as well. Each surgeon has a case load of hundreds per year (if you count non-CLL cases) so you yourself are definitely the number one factor in your success with the surgery, given how long this procedure takes. To get the best outcome, be sure that you're ready to push yourself to the max before you do the surgery!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Sambollio

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2021, 04:45:32 AM »

Holy   man, thanks so much for this! Like honestly this write up was waaaayyy more than I expected and I really, really appreciate it! I agree with all of your points and you hit on all the controversies I’m aware of! One thing that I really like, that you pointed out, is his academic achievements. Which are incredible and actually that was what my biggest hesitation with Dr. M was. Dr.M had the experience but the fact that his (residency?) was shut down was concerning. Since it’s a long way out I still have plenty of time to think and I’ll schedule an appointment just to talk to him. I definitely am not phased by the advertising personally. I really liked your point about how most of his patients aren’t on the forum. I think that I was getting to sucked into this site like it’s the end all be all of everything LL. Thanks again, super helpful!

Sambollio

Reasons for people disliking Dr. Debiparshad
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2021, 09:36:30 PM »

Hey guys, so my original plan was to get femur lengthening with Dr. Mahboubian because I was moving to LA. However, plans changed and I’m moving to Vegas so I will most likely be going with Dr. Debiparshad.

I’ve been doing a bit of reading on this forums older posts and it seems like people used to despise Dr. M for similar reasons to Dr.D : advertising, being new, generally seeming sleazy. In addition people have brought up that Dr. D is shorter than he claims and that Dr. Paley (I believe ) called him out. Dr. M seems to have a great reputation now due to having many successful patients and their journals. In fact Dr.M had more going against him: the fake journal entries, trying to get posts removed, going to a terrible school.

What I’m asking is, are their any reasons to steer clear of Dr. D besides some of the “sleazy” stuff? His patients seem happy, he went to Harvard, and I just care about being safe. I don’t care about anything but recovering and being safe/healthy/ in good hands.

LU213

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2021, 06:55:02 AM »

I think he is a solid choice.  Are doctors not supposed to make money?  Can he not be a good business person and a good surgeon?     Doctors don't need to throw shade on each other. Just because Dr. P said it -  doesn't make it's true.  Seriously, I want a doctor that advertises because then I know any negative publicity will kill his business so he will be sure to keep all his promises and do a good job.  He gave me someone I could contact as a reference after my consult. 

Sambollio

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2021, 02:26:02 AM »

I honestly think that people hate him for no reason he’s at least in the top 10 if not 5 LL doctors.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2021, 02:37:25 AM »

I honestly think that people hate him for no reason he’s at least in the top 10 if not 5 LL doctors.

Based on what?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

las vegas baby

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2021, 06:01:37 AM »

harvard, paley trained, does surgeries in 1.5 hours with minimal scarring, covered by major news media outlets, has done 100s of stryde and precice procedures already, all his patients on the forum have done well

also he is american so you get all the standards of american healthcare for free (strict regulations, hippa, hygiene, accessibility)

Arcon

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2021, 10:55:29 AM »

harvard, paley trained, does surgeries in 1.5 hours with minimal scarring, covered by major news media outlets, has done 100s of stryde and precice procedures already, all his patients on the forum have done well

also he is american so you get all the standards of american healthcare for free (strict regulations, hippa, hygiene, accessibility)

He still seems "green" to me.

Beemer m3

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2021, 05:22:33 AM »

i think i will go with Dr. Kevin for this surgery with Stryde on my tibia. I dont know when I will be doing it. maybe in 5 years from now. im already in my mid 30s asian. but it will be closer to my hometown in Cali. 100k plus 20k for essentials. or go to korea to have it done. but i would have trouble most time there. or my initial thought was vietnam where I will do the old fashion way. I have enough for it from my investments already. its just the free time that i dont have due to work.
the way i would do it is 2 weeks at the hospital etc. then fly back home to Cali for PT and xrays. Only 2 weeks max I can be away from work.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Worzezterlire

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2021, 04:00:13 PM »

Find the accusation that he lies about his height really strange.  I was 5’9” on the dot night height before surgery and in my photo next to Dr D before surgery I was almost eye to eye with him with a day height of 176 measured barefoot seconds before with a stadiometer.  He is approximately 5’9” in real life.

I’m just about to successfully hit 8cm and he and his staff were world class.  No nerve problems, small scars, no deformities, great proportions, great bone healing.  I don’t think he lies about the volume of patients either, each time I was in his office he was introducing me to two prospective patients who asked me queries before their surgery later that week. He also does a lot, >50%, non cosmetic cases on spine and congenital deformity cases, apparently.  But even excluding those he does multiple cosmetic lengthening surgeries a week.

Anyways I thought he was a great surgeon and my case turned out perfectly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up