Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad (Las Vegas, USA) Limbplastx Institute  (Read 23267 times)

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
Dr. Kevin Debiparshad (Las Vegas, USA) Limbplastx Institute
« on: October 25, 2017, 10:29:36 PM »

Articles co-authored with Dr. Paley:
http://www.paleyinstitute.org/media/file/Stature%20Lengthening%20using%20the%20PRECICE%20Intramedullary%20Nail.pdf

http://www.paleyinstitute.org/media/file/Limb%20Lengthening%20by%20Implantable%20Limb%20Lengthening%20Devices.pdf

How long did you train under Dr. Paley?
I have worked with him in total of 1.5 years during my fellowship and residency. We still communicate in regards to collaborations on various things.

How long have you been performing limb lengthening on your own?
2 years

Have you been performing cosmetic limb lengthening and medically indicated limb lengthening on your own in Las Vegas for the past two years?
Yes

How many limb lengthening procedures have you performed?
550 cases

Of that total how many were for cosmetic reasons?
Approximately 100 cases

How many cosmetic femur lengthenings?
Approximately 75 cases

How many cosmetic tibia/fibula lengthenings?
Approximately 25 cases

How many cases of:
Nerve Injury- None
Muscle Contractures- Resolved with ongoing PT
Non Union- None
Fibular Complications- None
PE-None
DVT- In our case series there was one patient with this who stopped anticoag too soon, treated without issues
Amputation- None (nor have I heard of any case of this)

Has a patient ever died from a complication under your care?
No

What is the cost of cosmetic limb lengthening?
Approximately $85,000

What is included in the $85,000?
Surgery, anesthesia, admission for 2 days at institute, Physical therapy/rehab/athletic training, follow-up visits and X-rays. Essentially everything but your stay in Las Vegas and oral medications that you might need to take.

Does insurance cover some of the cost?
It does not unfortunately, I am working with Nuvasive the company that owns the PRECICE technology about financing- but this may be over a year before this becomes a reality. We have relations with banks that are willing to work with patients to find other alternatives. We also have some interested parties who want to be involved in financial and social planning for patients and this maybe something we can arrange for you.

I am aware of a new PRECICE nail by NuVasive made of Cobalt Chrome which is expected to significantly increase weight bearing in patients during the lengthening and consolidation phases. When will this new PRECICE nail be available at your Limplastx Institute?
I have met with the company about designing this nail. Looking at the progression I would say earliest 12-18 months (maybe longer).

Are you involved in a different PRECICE nail development with NuVasive exclusively for cosmetic patients? If yes, can you expand on this new PRECICE nail development?
This is same as above, geared for all patients but certainly keep cosmetic patients in mind. It will be a different product with similar technology.

NuVasive is flying to Las Vegas for a dinner meeting tonight to discuss further technology which I am helping them design and the overall cosmetic market. In Las Vegas, we have built out a one of a kind institute solely focused on aesthetic height gain; The Limbplastx Institute. This will be the first of its kind in the world and offer a catered luxury experience solely focused on the Limbplastx ® procedure, our version of the procedure and experience.

We are currently updating our website, which is far from being done but should be up and running in a week or so. There is still some useful information on the procedure pages you might find helpful right now. We will be offering video consultations to talk face to face and this function should be ready to go through the website by next week.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:56:55 PM by Stadiometer »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad (Las Vegas, USA)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:21:44 PM »

100 cosmetic patients in 2 years of practice? Gosh, I hope this doctor doesn't become Mahboubian 2.0
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Android

Re: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad (Las Vegas, USA) Limbplastx Institute
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »

Sounds great, love having more options. At this price though, I have to wonder: why not Dr. Paley instead?
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »

This guy is a scumbag if there ever was one. How deluded do you have to be to try and pass off like you came up with a term for cosmetic lengthening all by yourself? "Hi I'm Dr Kevin Debipusshad, and I operate in the field of Limbplastx". Lol, get real. Then you have that video of him saying he lengthened some co-worker 6 inches. This scumbag obviously has no qualms with ruining people. 

Edited: removed sentence implying/suggesting threat of violence

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:53:05 AM by Admin »
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

The Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 12:14:36 AM »

This guy is a scumbag if there ever was one. How deluded do you have to be to try and pass off like you came up with a term for cosmetic lengthening all by yourself? "Hi I'm Dr Kevin Debipusshad, and I operate in the field of Limbplastx". Lol, get real. Then you have that video of him saying he lengthened some co-worker 6 inches. This scumbag obviously has no qualms with ruining people. He deserves a kick to the head.
I was wondering why are you on a site regarding LL if you're not interested in the lengthening process,as it is written on your profile.Really curious
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

LAGrowin

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 01:05:53 AM »

This guy is a scumbag if there ever was one. How deluded do you have to be to try and pass off like you came up with a term for cosmetic lengthening all by yourself? "Hi I'm Dr Kevin Debipusshad, and I operate in the field of Limbplastx". Lol, get real. Then you have that video of him saying he lengthened some co-worker 6 inches. This scumbag obviously has no qualms with ruining people. He deserves a kick to the head.

Come on man!!   Think before you type away and say someone is a "real scumbag".  You don't know enough about this man to make such a claim. This doctor could be another valuable option for members on this board.

I have the same question as The Dreamer above ..... Are you lonely?

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 02:24:02 AM »

Bander72

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 05:07:05 AM »

As said before at that price why would you go to him and as big daddy said he looks like a scumbag money hungry. What is this limb plasty lol.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

LAGrowin

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 06:24:06 AM »

As said before at that price why would you go to him and as big daddy said he looks like a scumbag money hungry. What is this limb plasty lol.

I don't know this doctor or anything about his patients,  but how the heck does he "look like a money hungry scum bag" ?      why tarnish his name without knowing enough.    Because he claims he "coined" a term?

Nothing wrong with the videos. As we all should know, the amount someone can lengthen is case by case.  So he lengthened someone a full 6",   yes possible, and could've been perfectly fine for that patient.

True, at that price you save a little more ($20k), and use Paley.   For me,  I can afford Paley now but won't use him due to location and simple practicality.  I'm planning on using Mahboubian, who is 40 minutes from me.  I've personally met three of Dr. Ms patients who lengthened femurs and they are all perfectly fine.  A few minor complications here or there, but it is part of the show.

With all due respect, think before you talk out of your ....     So easy to type away.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:15:49 AM by LAGrowin »

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 06:34:47 AM »

Figures a prospective patient of the most money hungry doctor in the USA says things like "you can lengthen 6 inches and be fine". Post a single case of that really being true.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

Bander72

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 08:18:24 AM »

I don't know this doctor or anything about his patients,  but how the heck does he "look like a money hungry scum bag" ?      why tarnish his name without knowing enough.    Because he claims he "coined" a term?

Nothing wrong with the videos. As we all should know, the amount someone can lengthen is case by case.  So le lengthened someone a full 6",   yes possible, and could've been perfectly fine for that patient.

True, at that price you save a little more ($20k), and use Paley.   For me,  I can afford Paley now but won't use him due to location and simple practicality.  I'm planning on using Mahboubian, who is 40 minutes from me.  I've personally met three of Dr. Ms patients who lengthened femurs and they are all perfectly fine.  A few minor complications here or there, but it is part of the show.

With all due respect, think before you talk out of your ....     So easy to type away.

I don't have to think about anything. He has two years doing limb lengthening on his own and has his own phrase as I've never heard anyone say that before. We know little about him so for the price he is charging it would be better to go to paley. I did not mention Mahoubian but he has more of a reputation and is cheaper and if he is that close then obviously that is other reason for you to go to him.  But he has nothing to do with this other doctor. People are adults and can decided for themselves so there is nothing wrong with others expressing different opinions. When he talks about lengthening 6 inches he probably means by multiple surgerys because if not then it would be undeniable proof that he is money hungry.

LAGrowin

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »

Figures a prospective patient of the most money hungry doctor in the USA says things like "you can lengthen 6 inches and be fine". Post a single case of that really being true.

Lol!!!!       Come at me!

Yes Big Daddy.   

Tibias and Femurs.  Separately.    Can you not?

Yes or No?    Case by case. 

Money hungry.  How dare these doctors charge for their specialized service?!!

JA!!!

bander72.

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 02:27:25 PM »

Too pricey, for this price it's better to go to Paley for sure. I believe that Paley accepts $85k for a femur surgery in cash upfront.
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

Android

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 07:57:44 PM »

I have no problem with Dr. Debiparshad coining new words, especially since he's trying to make limb lengthening a more accepted cosmetic procedure, much like rhinoplasty or mammaplasty. The similarity in name is not a coincidence; it's to make it sound like familiar procedures that are no longer taboo.

Let's not forget that new terms come and go as needs arise, like how Dr. Paley coined height neurosis.

I don't condone ad hominem attacks on someone you've never even met; we don't even have diaries to scrutinize. To say that he's "money hungry" as a cosmetic surgeon seems silly; it is a completely elective procedure for most of us on this forum. It is a luxury, not a right, to get CLL.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Bander72

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 08:20:48 PM »

I have no problem with Dr. Debiparshad coining new words, especially since he's trying to make limb lengthening a more accepted cosmetic procedure, much like rhinoplasty or mammaplasty. The similarity in name is not a coincidence; it's to make it sound like familiar procedures that are no longer taboo.

Let's not forget that new terms come and go as needs arise, like how Dr. Paley coined height neurosis.

I don't condone ad hominem attacks on someone you've never even met; we don't even have diaries to scrutinize. To say that he's "money hungry" as a cosmetic surgeon seems silly; it is a completely elective procedure for most of us on this forum. It is a luxury, not a right, to get CLL.

Do you honestly think that limb lengthening will ever be viewed as the same light as rhinoplasty to the general public? So his "efforts" if genuine will not mean anything.

LAGrowin

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 08:42:15 PM »

Thank you Android.     Well said !!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:15:12 PM by LAGrowin »

Android

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »

Do you honestly think that limb lengthening will ever be viewed as the same light as rhinoplasty to the general public? So his "efforts" if genuine will not mean anything.

Same light? Who knows. At least on the same stage, sure.

I'm half Japanese, and it's interesting just how detached they are from any form of cosmetic anything. For instance, they've finally started accepting braces for teeth; not long ago it was seen as extreme or vain. There's still resistance, but it's gaining traction due to celebrities getting their teeth fixed to look good on high definition programming.

The point I'm making is that with exposure, the initial shock goes away. It takes time to shed taboo. For instance, hair transplants are slowly becoming less taboo, with celebrities coming out about their procedures on social media. Yes, CLL is much more extreme, but revolutionary products like PRECISE have made it more palatable (and therefore marketable), especially in comparison to relatively barbaric external frames.

Big Daddy

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »

A goal to make cosmetic limb lengthening a more accepted cosmetic procedure is something a doctor with no moral scrupals would do because there is absolutely no way around the fact that you are permanently reducing a person's basic functions just for the sake of vanity, something that no other cosmetic procedures do. As a doctor he is well aware of the permanent complications and drawbacks, some that can and some that WILL take place. The fact that he is marketing the cosmetic aspect of this so heavily when this is only necessary for injuries or discrepancies in limb length makes this doctor a total ahole, and that's putting it lightly.

And anyone who thinks more marketing will make this surgery more acceptable is deluded. It just increases the amount of people who will know what you did and think of you as an insecure ignoramus.

Android

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »

So which came first, the chicken or the egg? Is the doctor creating the demand, or did the demand create the doctor? I'd say the latter.

It's about risk versus reward. We do a lot of things that are not exactly good for us, like drinking or smoking. We're marketed to do it, society encourages or discourages us, and we manage it together. The doctors are filling a need, and it's completely optional to do so. This forum and its ilk are very, very niche. Those that consider these surgeries aren't getting it at a drive thru without a second though, but many do a lot of homework beforehand before making the commitment, weighing both risk and reward.

Hard to believe you think that marketing doesn't familiarize and desensitize a person to an idea, but to each their own.

This thread has been derailed, we're no longer talking about the doctor. If any one else would like to continue this discussion, please do so elsewhere.

Bander72

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 10:03:35 PM »

So which came first, the chicken or the egg? Is the doctor creating the demand, or did the demand create the doctor? I'd say the latter.

It's about risk versus reward. We do a lot of things that are not exactly good for us, like drinking or smoking. We're marketed to do it, society encourages or discourages us, and we manage it together. The doctors are filling a need, and it's completely optional to do so. This forum and its ilk are very, very niche. Those that consider these surgeries aren't getting it at a drive thru without a second though, but many do a lot of homework beforehand before making the commitment, weighing both risk and reward.

Hard to believe you think that marketing doesn't familiarize and desensitize a person to an idea, but to each their own.

This thread has been derailed, we're no longer talking about the doctor. If any one else would like to continue this discussion, please do so elsewhere.

Yes there is a market, a small one in comparison to other cosmetic procedures. And did you compare the surgery to drinking and smoking?  It's not the same thing as most people would not bat a eye lash if they knew you drank or smoked. Where as if they knew you broke your bones to get taller they would question your mental state.  And lol no marketing will disensitize this niche surgery.

Zeo

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 01:38:38 AM »

Price is kind of steep but if he can secure financing options then it would really change things. Imagine getting Precice 2 for 20,000$ down maybe even 0% interesting for 1 year (time for recovery).

It would probably be better than a regular private loan since it would be a specific Limb lengthening loan
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »

I remember Dr Parihar telling me that you should go to orthopedic surgeons who are at the top of the pyramid in the Ilizarov specialty for cosmetic limb lengthening, simply because you want someone who has seen and treated it all, what with all that can go wrong in this procedure. Because of that, it's more than a little off putting to me when a doctor decides to make the cosmetic focus of limb lengthening his primary business, especially when he's been doing this on his own for only 2 years. It doesn't seem like this doctor would ever refuse a prospective patient who had the money, and part of a surgeon's skill is knowing when not to operate on someone. Personally, I'd feel a lot better going to someone who primarily treats injuries and deformities, like Paley or Rozbruch.

Android

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 08:49:22 AM »

I remember Dr Parihar telling me that you should go to orthopedic surgeons who are at the top of the pyramid in the Ilizarov specialty for cosmetic limb lengthening, simply because you want someone who has seen and treated it all, what with all that can go wrong in this procedure. Because of that, it's more than a little off putting to me when a doctor decides to make the cosmetic focus of limb lengthening his primary business, especially when he's been doing this on his own for only 2 years. It doesn't seem like this doctor would ever refuse a prospective patient who had the money, and part of a surgeon's skill is knowing when not to operate on someone. Personally, I'd feel a lot better going to someone who primarily treats injuries and deformities, like Paley or Rozbruch.

Agreed.

Dr. Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 07:35:45 PM »

WTF is with the mass hysteria over this doctor? Didn't any of you morons take math class in elementary school? That's obviously a rhetorical question on this thread...

The guy said he's done 550 cases of lengthening. Approximately 100 for cosmetic.

Now, for some of you this is where the math gets difficult, try real hard to follow along. First, wipe the drool off your chin. Ok, good. Brace yourself, here we go.

Pull out that space machine brought to us by the aliens. It's called a calculator. Type 100, then press the division sign, then type 550, then press the equal sign. You should get 0.18 repeating. Write that down. Now take your pencil and move the decimal over two spaces to the right. It will look like this 018. For the grand finale put a percentage symbol at the end. It will look like this 18%. Yay! You did it, congratulations! You are all very SPECIAL!

18% of his patients are cosmetic, or to put it another way. 82% of his patients are being treated for medical reasons.

According to the posters on this thread whose combined IQ can barely reach today's temperature in Las Vegas, he only does cosmetic surgery, he's money grubbing, he's a disgrace to the profession, blah blah blah...

Lucky for all of you that posted this garbage, height can be increased. Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid!
User banned for usage of hostility/insult/name-calling/ toward other users.

google42

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 07:55:03 PM »

WTF is with the mass hysteria over this doctor? Didn't any of you morons take math class in elementary school? That's obviously a rhetorical question on this thread...

The guy said he's done 550 cases of lengthening. Approximately 100 for cosmetic.

Now, for some of you this is where the math gets difficult, try real hard to follow along. First, wipe the drool off your chin. Ok, good. Brace yourself, here we go.

Pull out that space machine brought to us by the aliens. It's called a calculator. Type 100, then press the division sign, then type 550, then press the equal sign. You should get 0.18 repeating. Write that down. Now take your pencil and move the decimal over two spaces to the right. It will look like this 018. For the grand finale put a percentage symbol at the end. It will look like this 18%. Yay! You did it, congratulations! You are all very SPECIAL!

18% of his patients are cosmetic, or to put it another way. 82% of his patients are being treated for medical reasons.

According to the posters on this thread whose combined IQ can barely reach today's temperature in Las Vegas, he only does cosmetic surgery, he's money grubbing, he's a disgrace to the profession, blah blah blah...

Lucky for all of you that posted this garbage, height can be increased. Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid!
are you a shill? lol

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »

18% is a comparatively large chunk compared to other doctors, and there's no doubt the cosmetic aspect is something he's focused on increasing, otherwise why make a name for it (Limbplastx) and a series of videos marketing it specifically? It's not out of the goodness of his heart, it's because there's a market he wants to tap into. That 18% will become higher and his non-cosmetic percentage will drop since there's only so many surgeries one man can perform.

Android

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »

It's not out of the goodness of his heart, it's because there's a market he wants to tap into.

Greedy and unskilled, we've seen plenty of. But if Dr. Debiparshad (or any doctor) is skilled and has good bedside manners, I actually don't mind as long as I get results. But of course, there are comparable doctors that also have an altruistic glimmer in their heart, and they'd get my vote. I don't think most care as long as their needs are taken care of.

I also wonder why his strategy is such a bad idea as well, since (admittedly less invasive) cosmetic procedures have transitioned from obscurity to becoming the main draw of a practice. A lot of it had to do with marketing, using less scary and/or memorable names for procedures. The influx of money into this niche will bring in more competition and innovation. Maybe in 15 years we'll see billboards for "leg jobs."

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 11:59:52 PM »

Greedy and unskilled, we've seen plenty of. But if Dr. Debiparshad (or any doctor) is skilled and has good bedside manners, I actually don't mind as long as I get results. But of course, there are comparable doctors that also have an altruistic glimmer in their heart, and they'd get my vote. I don't think most care as long as their needs are taken care of.

I also wonder why his strategy is such a bad idea as well, since (admittedly less invasive) cosmetic procedures have transitioned from obscurity to becoming the main draw of a practice. A lot of it had to do with marketing, using less scary and/or memorable names for procedures. The influx of money into this niche will bring in more competition and innovation. Maybe in 15 years we'll see billboards for "leg jobs."

I don't necessarily think there's a right or wrong way to look at it, but I think it's actually more beneficial for this surgery to be harder to achieve than easier, financially. By making CLL easier to achieve, the amount of people who regret it will climb exponentially, whereas if it remains something that most people have to work up to financially, the more time they have to research, make smart decisions, and really decide if it's something they want to commit to. The doctors who promote more of the cosmetic aspect of this surgery or have assembly line patients seem to be the ones who downplay the permanent drawbacks that this leads you with, like diminished strength, stamina, balance, chronic pains, etc, and that's why there are many who wouldn't have had the procedure if given a second chance. Considering we still don't have any data on the long term affects of CLL patients years down the line, it's probably not a good idea to market this surgery to as many people as possible. Who knows, a direct correlation between CLL and muscle degeneration or osteoarthritis could be proven later. So when this doctor says he hopes CLL becomes a "trend" later, that's a very worrying statement, imo.

Also, in the video of "How Much Height or Length Can a Person Gain With Limb Lengthening?", he decides to only bring up a situation of someone with dwarfism and says there's theoretically no limit. Sure that's true in their case, but not so for people who don't have that condition, people who he's marketing this procedure to. So why would he not be up front and say something like "2 inches in tibiae and 3 in femurs max, between two surgeries." Is he worried that people will decide it's not worth it for just that amount? Would he even inform the prospective patient not to go over those lengths, or would he let them push to 13 cm on tibiae like Dr Salameh did for a patient?

I mean anyone can disagree with me, but I just don't like the way this guy markets this.

Android

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 01:04:30 AM »

Very good points. Luckily the procedure is quite cost-prohibitive, so at least for the moment we won't have many cases with impulsive patients. Hopefully the severity and frequency of complications lower as methods and technique improve over the years.

The doctor does indeed cherry pick his example, claiming a six inch gain on a colleague. I don't doubt him, but more detail about the patient like starting height would be helpful. A disclaimer that it's an exceptional result wouldn't hurt either. The disregard for recommended maximums is definitely negligent.

Many of us here have become desensitized by the surgery videos, but I'm sure that it'll freak most people out. Honestly, rhinoplasty videos freaked me out too (former girlfriend wanted to do it, got curious), but I guess the dream that's being sold with simple before and after photos are enough for many to pull the trigger. The exceptionally long, grueling process of CLL is definitely not exposed in these videos, and its omission can be considered misleading for sure.

Dr. Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »

How any of you don't walk into on coming traffic on the highway everyday is a miracle given your lack of intelligence. If you want the best service, the best results, at the best price, then more competition is the answer, not less. Competition will drive down prices as customers shop for the best deal, competition will produce the best results as that is what is demanded by paying customers, doctors who don't provide the service or results that customers demand will be out of business. Good riddance...

What this really sounds like to me is short guys pissed off that 5'9-5'10 guys are now getting limb lengthening to be 6'0+ cause the technology is so much better than it was just a few years ago. Too bad b*tches! When PRECICE 3 cobalt chrome comes out you're totally f*cked!
User banned for usage of hostility/insult/name-calling/ toward other users.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 09:11:16 PM »

How any of you don't walk into on coming traffic on the highway everyday is a miracle given your lack of intelligence. If you want the best service, the best results, at the best price, then more competition is the answer, not less. Competition will drive down prices as customers shop for the best deal, competition will produce the best results as that is what is demanded by paying customers, doctors who don't provide the service or results that customers demand will be out of business. Good riddance...

What this really sounds like to me is short guys pissed off that 5'9-5'10 guys are now getting limb lengthening to be 6'0+ cause the technology is so much better than it was just a few years ago. Too bad b*tches! When PRECICE 3 cobalt chrome comes out you're totally f*cked!

It doesnt work that way in this case. There is a very small amount of Ilizarov specialists because of the extra years of specialty training it takes and the amount of qualified specialists would never keep up to the demand. Even now, when CLL is still considered obscure, there are very few doctors who have a good track record doing this for cosmetic reasons. Trying to make CLL a trend would have more unqualified docs trying to offer the service and result in more people having terrible complications. That's exactly what happened in China, and due to the amount of people getting jacked up, the procedure was banned in most facilities except for a select few that had to get special permission from the govt, and look at how high the costs are now compared to before. The Precice technology doesn't solve most of the problems that come with distraction. Internal is more comfortable and leads to less scarring, but it still doesn't address problems with distraction limit, tight joints, chronic bone pains due to the initial break, bone infection, etc.

The guys who are "fked" are the ones who get duped by videos like these acting like the procedure is 99% safe because they are ignorant about what can go wrong and feel safe hearing words like "technology" and "comfortable".
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up