Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Bai Helong & Dr Ruan Yude (Harbin, China) Hospital of Harbin  (Read 18137 times)

Muse

Information about Dr Bai Helong & Dr Ruan Yude (Harbin China) at the Hospital of Harbin , located in Harbin, China. Contact them for specific information and latest updates.

Note: Please refer to our disclaimer about The Doctors Directory http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=55.0

1)  what is your total price and LL methods available for local and foreign patients?  Do you provide accommodation. caretaker and physiotherapy?

Our technique used for just tibia lengthening  is   Monorail fixators that uses a similar principle to the Ilizarov  technique, but there is a small, lightweight bar that runs along the outside of the bone instead of a large external frame. The bar manages the process of distraction, and slowly pulls the two separated parts of the bone apart,  with less trauma than the Ilizarov method as there are less puncture wounds .

The cost for the operation is USD 34,000. It is not included accommodation , food ,caretaker and physiotherapy fee.

2) What is the timeframe from operation to weightbearing to full recovery?

One year or longer for 6 to 7cm is the timeframe from operation to weightbearing to full recovery.At that time you can take off the fixation.

3) What is the maximum lengthening amount you would recommend for safety in tibia and femur?

6 一7cm is the maximum lengthening amount we recommend for safety in tibia . Sorry we do not do femur.

Following are translated from Chinese text of their website (listed under contact info)

Dr Bai HeLong

Worked in Harbin City, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine Hospital of cum Third Hospital chief physician, professor and academic leaders, the National Traumatology Association, Heilongjiang branch executive director and secretary. I study the proposed "minimally invasive bone regeneration limb lengthening surgery" is not only difficult to treat bone in the past or not treated defects, nonunion, limb shortening, severe limb deformities, dwarfism, short stature can be treated, and so short stature increased bone and limb regeneration extend a reality. The technology is a world leading level, patients come to seek treatment abroad throughout.

Dr Ruan Yude

Director, engaged in more than 30 years of clinical orthopedic surgery, engaged in "minimally invasive bone regeneration limb lengthening surgery," more than ten years of clinical work. Pioneered the use of traditional Chinese medicine treatment of short stature and created China's first short stature Institute - Institute of Chongqing short stature

The Micro Wound Method

Epidural anesthesia at the waist line, through minimally invasive surgery, for all ports on the front portion of the leg below the knee tibial parts of the skin about 5 millimeters to the tibia (lower leg ) for surgery, the formation of secondary epiphysis, non completely amputated tibia.  Then install compact external fixator in the leg outside. To promote their bones, nerves, blood vessels and soft tissue re-growth. Tibia daily to extend the growth rate of 0.75mm, length 2.2 cm per month. Most people extend increased 6-7 cm, dwarfism patients up to 15 or 20 cm.

We use a minimally invasive approach, a small incision 0.5CM, each leg has a 4-5 scars.  Fixed bay outside unilateral limb fixed, lightweight, does not affect the wear pants, less prone to deformity and complications.  Only once surgery safe. The minimally invasive bone limb lengthening surgery due to the trauma, it is possible to walk early,

Video Featured
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/HHMwgUoiw08/

Contact Info
Email: digudigu52@163.com
Phone: 1380-4519728
Name:   Hospital of Harbin
Address:   No. 270 Jianguo, deputy Street Daoli
Postal Code:   150010
Fixed telephone:   1380-4519728
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:15:13 AM by Admin »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Dr Bai Helong & Dr Ruan Yude (Harbin, China) Hospital of Harbin
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:26:25 PM »

If they charged international patients the $8,000 that they charge locals then this would be a great option. What I don't like about this hospital is that they charge international patients $34,000. I can understand why the Beijing clinic charges foreigners more because at least they get priority for the surgeries during the day and will have better care than the locals, but you need to find your own accommodation (and probably would want to) after getting surgery with Dr Bai, so it's the exact same treatment with a 4x price increase for non-locals.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »

Right, he doesn't seem competitive with Beijing.

farewell

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 05:10:40 AM »

If they charged international patients the $8,000 that they charge locals then this would be a great option. What I don't like about this hospital is that they charge international patients $34,000. I can understand why the Beijing clinic charges foreigners more because at least they get priority for the surgeries during the day and will have better care than the locals, but you need to find your own accommodation (and probably would want to) after getting surgery with Dr Bai, so it's the exact same treatment with a 4x price increase for non-locals.

For the year of 2014, they charge local 140k yuan. If it were this cheap for local a lot of them won't be complaining. Some of the information here is not even correct. You don't really need to find your accommodation because there are places already set up. To me the biggest problem is probably the language issue, I have no idea how good/bad Dr. Bai's English is. If his English is very good, then I think he is a very good external LL option just like Dr. Salameh in Germany. So far, I have no regret doing surgery with him.

KrP1

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 05:20:46 AM »

I thinks that the price is to expensive for foreigners. I think there are better options

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 05:46:53 AM »

For the year of 2014, they charge local 140k yuan. If it were this cheap for local a lot of them won't be complaining. Some of the information here is not even correct. You don't really need to find your accommodation because there are places already set up. To me the biggest problem is probably the language issue, I have no idea how good/bad Dr. Bai's English is. If his English is very good, then I think he is a very good external LL option just like Dr. Salameh in Germany. So far, I have no regret doing surgery with him.

That's quite a hefty price increase for locals then. There was someone on this forum who reported paying $8,000 for the procedure and all together costing him $10k. Another person on the forum spoke to Dr Bai as recently as this year. He was from Taiwan and was quoted from 40,000 - 50,000 RMB.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=218.msg3394#msg3394
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

farewell

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

I thinks that the price is to expensive for foreigners. I think there are better options

I have to agree with you. That's the same reason why no one goes to Dr. Salameh anymore because it's too expensive for external method.

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »

agree about salameh, way too expensive

JP

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 03:20:13 AM »

farewell,

Please, will you talk to Dr. Bai about the cost for femur lengthening?

Thank you

farewell

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 02:49:08 AM »

farewell,

Please, will you talk to Dr. Bai about the cost for femur lengthening?

Thank you

Hi, sorry I don't think he performs femur lengthening. One of the patients who lives with me want to get his femur lengthened as well but Dr. Bai refused. Maybe he has a different standard for foreigners I don't know. Even if he does, you are looking at least more than 40k dollars to do it. Not worth it for just external method.

good luck

farewell

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »

farewell

How are the accommodation and physio therapy with Dr Bai ?   Do you live in a hospital or nearby hotel ?

Thanks

The accommodation is okay, it depends on where you live and how good is your care taker. We do not have a physiotherapist. No one here can afford to live in a hotel/hospital. If I could, I probably will go to a US doctor.

good luck

paco1

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »

is there a guess house?

iwanttobetall

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »

He's very affirmative on maximum 6 cm. I talked to him on phone directly.

Samuimw

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »

Hello , what is the price for Limb lengthening that Dr. Bai offer in 2014 ?

maozhuxi

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 01:37:36 AM »

Hello , what is the price for Limb lengthening that Dr. Bai offer in 2014 ?
surgery costs $23,000 usd, shoud budget around $3000 on food, accommodation and caretaker for eight months

TomD

• Private
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 03:33:18 AM »

Wow. $34k for external tibs and a 6cm max. What a deal !!!!

karly kishi

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 09:50:01 PM »

Hello im karly from japan 25yr girl. also im often travel to china
I have Question to Dr Bai Helong so I want to limb lengthening for shin (lower thigh)
1.I want to know exactly where i can go to do Iimb lengthenging
2.Can i contact you or your hospital's Coordinator with Wechat or Email?? (Google mail)
3.How much for every thing to limb lengthening 5〜6cm (surgical operation,least stay eat at hospital)
4.How long takes days.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 10:04:52 PM »

Hello im karly from japan 25yr girl. also im often travel to china
I have Question to Dr Bai Helong so I want to limb lengthening for shin (lower thigh)
1.I want to know exactly where i can go to do Iimb lengthenging
2.Can i contact you or your hospital's Coordinator with Wechat or Email?? (Google mail)
3.How much for every thing to limb lengthening 5〜6cm (surgical operation,least stay eat at hospital)
4.How long takes days.

Go to Dr. Lee. Many Japanese people go to Korea with Dr. Lee. He does the most shin lengthenings in the world, and does a very good job.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

precice strider

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 12:47:06 AM »

Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

YESHUAIGE

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 06:34:10 PM »

As a Chinese, I do not recommend anyone doing this surgery in china. First, this kind of surgery is illegal doing in China (only can use for Limb deformities caused by disease) It's mean if there have some goes wrong, you may can't receive help from the government. Second, Dr bai had many failed surgery cases. The famous case is 红粉宝宝. You can search on google, and use translate. Dr. Bai is not worth any penny you spend. By the way, he's not a doctor, he only has a bachelor's degree.

Beemer m3

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 02:55:45 AM »

I would imagine in China its popular with the many people that live there.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 01:12:14 PM »

I'm Chinese. Bai he long is notorious in China. Don't go to!

I know a doctor named zhang xiang sheng [张湘生] is better. He has performed a lot of operations and I have not heard any negative information about him. But I don’t know if he accepts foreign patients. Honestly, it is best not to perform surgery in China.

xianeffect

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 02:38:26 PM »

I saw the legs of the plastic surgery girl who went to this doctor and it is very bad x legs caused by microwound. There was no fixing of the fibula either so that means it will be shorter than tibia and pull on the joints. She still can't walk properly  because her shins are so far apart now a small kid can walk between her legs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up