Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lifts or LL  (Read 2745 times)

Tiger9898

Lifts or LL
« on: January 02, 2018, 09:36:59 PM »

Hello everyone,  I have a question regarding difference between wearing shoe lifts and doing LL surgery. Currently I am wearing shoe lifts which increases my height by 6 cm totally and it helps my tibia look longer. Now in this summer, i want to do LL surgery. My question is that after lengthening my tibia by 6 cm,  will my height look as same as I look with my 6 cm shoe lift or It is going to appear me same as before with my shoe lifts?
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

myloginacct

Re: Lifts or LL
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:25:16 PM »

Your tibias will be longer so they will look longer than before. Sorry, it's a bit hard to get the question.

And if you can live with just lifts, you should do that, and avoid LL.

Android

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »

People tend to look at your face and overall size, so if you trade 6 cm of lifts for actual height, not many will notice (if at all).

Your tibias will be physically longer, but not many will spot a difference especially if you wear pants. You'll be able to wear any shoe you want, so if anyone notices a difference it'll be your new footwear.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 11:54:09 PM »

To have an actual 6cm increase via shoes and lifts the shoes (with insoles) should be at least 8cm.
So what shoes do you use?

I did 7.5 cm on tibias and I wear normal shoes with 3cm insoles that give me about 4cm actual height.
More than that can only be achieved with my elevator shoes I had before LL plus the extra lifts that give me totally 5.5cm actual height increase.
Thats why it is hard to believe that you gain 6cm to your height with shoes.

Anyway, LL is of course better and permanent. And you can still wear some lifts to increase further your height.
Comparing LL to lifts is so stupid as comparing boobjob to a wonderbra.
Something that is permanent can't be compared with something fake that you just wear it.

Android

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 11:59:33 PM »

Something that is permanent can't be compared with something fake that you just wear it.

Yup, just like makeup, the shoes have to come off at a certain point.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Tiger9898

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 06:10:46 AM »

I am wearing elevator shoes + insole which increases my height by 6 cm. But don't u think that after LL,  wearing insole makes your tibia look so longer? Maybe I should do femoral lengthening then should wear 3 cm insole?
Age-19

Tiger9898

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 06:14:06 AM »

Your tibias will be longer so they will look longer than before. Sorry, it's a bit hard to get the question.

And if you can live with just lifts, you should do that, and avoid LL.
No,  it is  impossible to live with insoles. They hurt too much
Age-19

Knik

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 10:24:42 AM »

If you feel enough comfortable with lifts, don't do LL
The fact is that most LL customers still wear lifts after their operation
Looking for Pili

Tiger9898

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 11:25:51 AM »

No,I don't feel okay at all. It hurts sometimes and when it comes to take off my shoes, I feel a bit sad and shorter. i will wear lifts after surgery but i think my tibia will look soo longer because of surgery 6,5 cm+ 3 cm lifts
Age-19

psilocybe

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »

Yup, just like makeup, the shoes have to come off at a certain point.

Or do they? Cost of LL vs surgically attaching a pair of shoes to your feet? Anyone?

Knik

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »

I use Nike Air shoes that give me 3 cm and I already feel like I'm cheating while most people of my generation have the same kind of shoes
But now I only wear that kind of shoes
Looking for Pili

Tiger9898

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 12:11:01 PM »

Have you done LL surgery?
I use Nike Air shoes that give me 3 cm and I already feel like I'm cheating while most people of my generation have the same kind of shoes
But now I only wear that kind of shoes
Age-19

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 05:08:55 PM »

To have an actual 6cm increase via shoes and lifts the shoes (with insoles) should be at least 8cm.
So what shoes do you use?

I did 7.5 cm on tibias and I wear normal shoes with 3cm insoles that give me about 4cm actual height.
More than that can only be achieved with my elevator shoes I had before LL plus the extra lifts that give me totally 5.5cm actual height increase.
Thats why it is hard to believe that you gain 6cm to your height with shoes.

Anyway, LL is of course better and permanent. And you can still wear some lifts to increase further your height.
Comparing LL to lifts is so stupid as comparing boobjob to a wonderbra.

Yes, but also remember that it's is also permanently semi-crippled.

myloginacct

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 08:49:24 PM »

No,I don't feel okay at all. It hurts sometimes and when it comes to take off my shoes, I feel a bit sad and shorter. i will wear lifts after surgery but i think my tibia will look soo longer because of surgery 6,5 cm+ 3 cm lifts

What I heard from others is that wearing lifts makes your legs look shorter. That's why I had trouble getting your question.

Tiger9898

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »

I think no, it makes tibia look longer. Look at my pic in the picture below. I have worn elevator shoes+ lifts which increases my height by 6 cm..My tibia length is 37 and femur length is 45.  But in this picture, my tibia looks long
https://ibb.co/eFiHGb
Age-19

myloginacct

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 09:12:33 PM »

I think no, it makes tibia look longer. Look at my pic in the picture below. I have worn elevator shoes+ lifts which increases my height by 6 cm..My tibia length is 37 and femur length is 45.  But in this picture, my tibia looks long
https://ibb.co/eFiHGb

Longer tibias look good, though. I think it's much better to have long looking tibias than femurs.

Anyway, only you will be worrying so much about your own body like that. What you need to do is make sure you've done all the research you need on LL, and are aware of the consequences.

Tiger9898

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 09:17:54 PM »

Exactly,  i did my research for 4 month. But it seems impossible to wear higher heeled shoes with long tibias. Cause It may look  strange maybe
Age-19

myloginacct

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 10:31:09 PM »

Exactly,  i did my research for 4 month. But it seems impossible to wear higher heeled shoes with long tibias. Cause It may look  strange maybe

Nah, almost everyone who went through LL here kept using lifts, but I don't recall reading any posts where they said people mentioned how strange they looked.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 10:41:18 PM »

Lifts are uncomfortable enough before CLL, they'd be a pain in the ass to wear afterward when your ankle dorsiflexion could range from slightly to significantly worse and your shins feel heavier due to the quads having to put in more work. Do yourselves a huge favor and ditch the lifts, it'll be better for your physically and mentally.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Tiger9898

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 10:47:03 PM »

Also some doctors says that before LL don't wear insoles. But if I get rid of them now, people will notice that my height has decreased
Age-19

MrHandsome

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 11:38:20 PM »

Lifts are uncomfortable enough before CLL, they'd be a pain in the ass to wear afterward when your ankle dorsiflexion could range from slightly to significantly worse and your shins feel heavier due to the quads having to put in more work. Do yourselves a huge favor and ditch the lifts, it'll be better for your physically and mentally.

Posts like these are hard to read. If I do 4-5 cms on my femurs, will my ankle dorsiflexion still change?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:58:25 PM by MrHandsome »
Pages: [1]   Go Up