Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian - Los Angeles  (Read 32382 times)

Android

Re: Internal Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian - Los Angeles
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2018, 07:31:34 PM »

Great news, time's really flying by! I bet being able to sleep is really going to speed up your recovery too.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

LAGrowin

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2018, 08:40:34 PM »

UPDATE

I visited Dr. Mahboubian today for my 5 week follow up post lengthening.  My bone growth looks phenomenal, and Dr. M has cleared me to walk!!  Exactly at 4 months post surgery.

I am very excited.   

Dr. M told me to slowly get off of the walker completely in the next two weeks, and to use it only as needed.  I will be using crutches more while my legs, hips, glutes build up enough strength to support a normal gait.

A big day for me.  Very grateful to God that this all transpired without major hiccups.

5.625" in January and just past 5'9" NOW!

Constantine

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2018, 09:56:42 PM »

UPDATE

I visited Dr. Mahboubian today for my 5 week follow up post lengthening.  My bone growth looks phenomenal, and Dr. M has cleared me to walk!!  Exactly at 4 months post surgery.

I am very excited.   

Dr. M told me to slowly get off of the walker completely in the next two weeks, and to use it only as needed.  I will be using crutches more while my legs, hips, glutes build up enough strength to support a normal gait.

A big day for me.  Very grateful to God that this all transpired without major hiccups.

Wow that sounds so good. I am really happy for you and reading a good outcome diary feels extra good :). Tell us more about the feeling with the new height . I will be also at that height when I am finished  :D

Petite888

« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2018, 10:12:56 PM »

UPDATE

I am very excited.   

That is incredible!! I am soo happy for you! Cleared to walk 4 months post surgery and with 7cms lengthening must be amongst one of the best stats on this forum! Gives me a bit of hope as we are both in the 40+ category, hence why I have been following your diary with a lot of interest.

I’m currently researching doctors at the moment but UK and Europe in general doesn’t seem to have as good options as you guys do in the States. 

Your diary is a real pick-me-up from all the nonsense that can go on in this forum.  Thank you so much and I hope that the rest of your recovery goes just as smooth  :)

MirinHeight

« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »

UPDATE

I am very excited.   

congrats on a successfull LL journey thus far!
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

LAGrowin

« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »

Wow that sounds so good. I am really happy for you and reading a good outcome diary feels extra good :). Tell us more about the feeling with the new height . I will be also at that height when I am finished  :D

Thank you Constantine!   Thank God all has gone well for me. I cannot complain.

I need to build up lower body muscle again in order to walk normal and feel 100% again,  but it will come.

The new height feels incredible.  I no longer feel short at all. I still compare my height to others as I am out and about and can't believe how 'tall' I became,  the 5'11 (180cm) people 'feel around' my height,  I mean they no longer feel way taller.  I find myself visualizing certain new clothes and and shoes. I truly feel content and that my height issues are gone.

Looking at my proportions, I feel that this was roughly the height my body should have been naturally. I look a lot better.

Wishing you well in your continuing journey Constantine.

LAGrowin

« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2018, 02:29:18 AM »

That is incredible!! I am soo happy for you! Cleared to walk 4 months post surgery and with 7cms lengthening must be amongst one of the best stats on this forum! Gives me a bit of hope as we are both in the 40+ category, hence why I have been following your diary with a lot of interest.

I’m currently researching doctors at the moment but UK and Europe in general doesn’t seem to have as good options as you guys do in the States. 

Your diary is a real pick-me-up from all the nonsense that can go on in this forum.  Thank you so much and I hope that the rest of your recovery goes just as smooth  :)

Thank you again Petite888.  Yes, I feel blessed to here at just 4 months post op.

Feel free to reach out with any questions I might be able to answer for you.  Don't let age scare you by the way.  I know it was a concern for me.  I feel a young 45.

Take your time and do your research, and make sure the doctor you choose is truly the right one for you.  You will feel it.  I felt very comfortable with Dr. Mahboubian from the get go.  Great guy.

Thank you for your comments about my diary.  I appreciate that. I am glad to hear it.  There truly is a lot of nonsense on the forum, but we filter it out.

All the best!

Purushrottam

« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2018, 05:52:26 AM »

Wow awesome progress!!
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

LAGrowin

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2018, 02:37:06 AM »

Wow awesome progress!!

Thank you Purushrottam.  Your diary has been a great help to me along this journey!

Don't know if you went through this but every muscle in my body seems to hurt since I started walking unassisted almost one week ago on 5/15/18.  My hips hurt and as expected sway side to side with almost every step.

I know it will all go away slowly.

LAGrowin

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2018, 02:44:11 AM »

OFF TOPIC UPDATE

I'm sure you all know our fellow member Android.  My fellow Mahboubian LLer short2tall, who I've had the pleasure of being in touch with since the beginning of my surgery, and I met up with Android on 5/19/18 to chat and share LL info and experiences. It was an enjoyable get together.   

You can read about it here: 

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5500.0

Purushrottam

« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2018, 02:44:44 AM »

Thank you Purushrottam.  Your diary has been a great help to me along this journey!

Don't know if you went through this but every muscle in my body seems to hurt since I started walking unassisted almost one week ago on 5/15/18.  My hips hurt and as expected sway side to side with almost every step.

I know it will all go away slowly.

I'm happy to hear that!

I do remember my legs being very sore when I first started walking unassisted. I walked rather sparingly for a while (I walked here and there to get food/coffee/do basic household stuff),  but only walked an extra 20 minutes in the park. My knees used to hurt as well.

Yeah you are going to sway side to side for a while. I think I made note of when my sway went away. I don't remember how long it took. I was walking unassisted in Jan 24. I think I had a job interview in mid March. At that time, I was still swaying a little bit (and carried a crutch with me to prevent sway). After that date I stopped carrying a crutch (meaning the sway was reduced enough to not be a problem). It was still exhausting to walk however.

By the time I was interviewing in early-mid April, I was able to walk 6 miles daily (walking throughout the city, from interview to interview). Hope that helps!

LAGrowin

« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2018, 02:55:32 AM »

I'm happy to hear that!

I do remember my legs being very sore when I first started walking unassisted. I walked rather sparingly for a while (I walked here and there to get food/coffee/do basic household stuff),  but only walked an extra 20 minutes in the park. My knees used to hurt as well.

Yeah you are going to sway side to side for a while. I think I made note of when my sway went away. I don't remember how long it took. I was walking unassisted in Jan 24. I think I had a job interview in mid March. At that time, I was still swaying a little bit (and carried a crutch with me to prevent sway). After that date I stopped carrying a crutch (meaning the sway was reduced enough to not be a problem). It was still exhausting to walk however.

By the time I was interviewing in early-mid April, I was able to walk 6 miles daily (walking throughout the city, from interview to interview). Hope that helps!

It certainly does Puru,  thank you!   Walking properly after consolidation is so underestimated.  A lot of us seem to think that once we are cleared to weighbear, we will just get up and walk like nothing.  It is not a walk, it is a robotic wobble with pain.  I will hit the gym hard to build leg, hip, glute muscle to aid my walk, and continue with PT.

Hope life is good for you Puru!  Thanks.

Constantine

« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2018, 06:39:05 AM »

It certainly does Puru,  thank you!   Walking properly after consolidation is so underestimated.  A lot of us seem to think that once we are cleared to weighbear, we will just get up and walk like nothing.  It is not a walk, it is a robotic wobble with pain.  I will hit the gym hard to build leg, hip, glute muscle to aid my walk, and continue with PT.

Hope life is good for you Puru!  Thanks.

Hey LA,

it will take a little time but don’t worry at the end you will walk normally. And don’t push your body too much just give him time . It was a big surgery and long lengthening time and now he needs a little time to come back and recover.

Wish you the best 👍👍

C

MirinHeight

« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2018, 07:27:05 PM »

any update LAgrowin?

Movie

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2018, 10:08:27 AM »

Updates? I'm also thinking of this doctor since I'm local
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

LAGrowin

« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2018, 06:26:17 AM »

Updates? I'm also thinking of this doctor since I'm local

Hello,

It has awhile since I posted here.  A little more than 2 months.

Life has really changed since my last few posts. 

I was cleared to walk on 5/15/18, and cleared to run and exercise as I saw fit on 7/18/18,  just 6 months post surgery !!

I have gone back to the gym and resumed all regular activities.   Do I walk as if nothing has happened?    Not yet,  I am 85% there.

I can jog at a very slow pace.  I recently started doing 1/2 squats and working toward a full squat. It takes time.

My biggest issues are my hips, and my right knee. My hips , they get tight,   the PT says it's normal and that with continued stretching it will be like nothing ever happened.   My right knee bothers me, I stretch it thoroughly and it gets much better, which tells me that it is simply tight.

All in all,  I am happy I went through with this.  Life is better in the sense that I no longer worry about height. I am at 5'9" and walk around at nearly 5'10" with shoes.  My selection of shoes and clothing has increased as it seems that everything looks better at my new height. I have discovered such a love for shoes.  It is now about what I like and looks best rather than what has the thickest sole.

Proportions now are what nature should have given me to begin with.  I am very happy, and grateful to God that things turned out so well for me.

Lastly. Dr. Mahboubian has been great and did and awesome job for me!

Thank you all for reading.    I will post a more structured and detailed update soon.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:06:46 AM by LAGrowin »

Android

« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2018, 07:40:31 AM »

So glad to hear that things are going well for you! I'm sure it's liberating to wear what you want, not what you think you need.

How are the reactions of your family and friends?

I hope to meet you again after my journey, maybe I'll be the one in crutches next time 😂
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Purushrottam

« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2018, 03:53:20 AM »

Hello,

It has awhile since I posted here.  A little more than 2 months.

Life has really changed since my last few posts. 

I was cleared to walk on 5/15/18, and cleared to run and exercise as I saw fit on 7/18/18,  just 6 months post surgery !!

I have gone back to the gym and resumed all regular activities.   Do I walk as if nothing has happened?    Not yet,  I am 85% there.

I can jog at a very slow pace.  I recently started doing 1/2 squats and working toward a full squat. It takes time.

My biggest issues are my hips, and my right knee. My hips , they get tight,   the PT says it's normal and that with continued stretching it will be like nothing ever happened.   My right knee bothers me, I stretch it thoroughly and it gets much better, which tells me that it is simply tight.

All in all,  I am happy I went through with this.  Life is better in the sense that I no longer worry about height. I am at 5'9" and walk around at nearly 5'10" with shoes.  My selection of shoes and clothing has increased as it seems that everything looks better at my new height. I have discovered such a love for shoes.  It is now about what I like and looks best rather than what has the thickest sole.

Proportions now are what nature should have given me to begin with.  I am very happy, and grateful to God that things turned out so well for me.

Lastly. Dr. Mahboubian has been great and did and awesome job for me!

Thank you all for reading.    I will post a more structured and detailed update soon.

Wow I totally missed this update! Time flew by so quickly. Already walking and RUNNING just 6 months post op.

Very happy to hear this, LAGrowin!

LAGrowin

« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2018, 05:58:03 AM »

So glad to hear that things are going well for you! I'm sure it's liberating to wear what you want, not what you think you need.

How are the reactions of your family and friends?

I hope to meet you again after my journey, maybe I'll be the one in crutches next time 😂

Thank you Android. Hope you're well also. It would be awesome to have the opportunity to meet again and hear all about your incredible journey.  Much more exciting than mine for sure.

All is well for me.  Very few people have commented on me looking taller.  The few that have mentioned it,  have pretty much said that it is likely because of the weight I lost. It could be that people aren't comfortable enough to ask any more.

My immediate family knows of course and says that the added height looks good and very natural.  I feel the same way.

Wish you all the best Android!

LAGrowin

« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2018, 06:46:14 AM »

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to stop by and say hello. It has been several months.

I am just 9 months post op.  Life has been back to normal for awhile. Except for a little lingering tightness in my hip flexors when I don't stretch,  I forget I have had anything done.

The new height feels great.  It hasn't changed my life other than I feel much more confident and don't worry about height anymore.

For those of you thinking about surgery,  I would encourage you to do your research about the doctor, and follow your dream.

Wishing you all well.

MirinHeight

« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2018, 07:38:51 AM »

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to stop by and say hello. It has been several months.

I am just 9 months post op.  Life has been back to normal for awhile. Except for a little lingering tightness in my hip flexors when I don't stretch,  I forget I have had anything done.

The new height feels great.  It hasn't changed my life other than I feel much more confident and don't worry about height anymore.

For those of you thinking about surgery,  I would encourage you to do your research about the doctor, and follow your dream.

Wishing you all well.

hey man thats awesome! great update.

I have a question. How long post surgery/post given permission to walk, were you walking with normal gait, no sway, etc?
Thank you!

LAGrowin

« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2018, 02:48:31 AM »

hey man thats awesome! great update.

I have a question. How long post surgery/post given permission to walk, were you walking with normal gait, no sway, etc?
Thank you!

Hi MirinHeight, thank you.

It happened just past the 90 day mark after I was cleared to walk unassisted.  Going back to the gym and work if out the legs helped tremendously.

I hope that answers your question.

totallyred

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »

Big congratulations on your recovery...you said that you have gone through IT band release. Can you ask your doctirs to provide any information on its repercussions or any online source or study available? Also share your experiences of the surgery please. Thank you.

StrangeDays67

« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »

What's your sitting height? Inseam?

amandasolomon

« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2019, 08:46:24 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience! We appreciate your time and your kind words!

amandasolomon

« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »

Hello!
My name is Amanda and I am Dr. Mahboubian's marketing coordinator. We wanted to reach out to you to say thank you for your post and for sharing your experience with people on this forum. Your diary is inspiring and we are so glad that you are happy with the results of the procedure. Thanks again for your comments!

MichaelJose

« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2019, 06:55:23 PM »

Hi MirinHeight, thank you.

It happened just past the 90 day mark after I was cleared to walk unassisted.  Going back to the gym and work if out the legs helped tremendously.

I hope that answers your question.
This diary is great - how did I miss reading it?!

Any update in 2019?

LAGrowin

« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2019, 10:37:59 PM »

This diary is great - how did I miss reading it?!

Any update in 2019?

Hi MichaelJose.   Thank you for your comment. Hope that my diary has been able to help other LLers in one way or another.

I am now 16 months post-op and roughly a year since I took my first steps. I feel great.  Walk and look as though nothing ever happened. Life is good.

I have been a little lazy on the stretching, although I am back to the gym. 

My hips can get a little tight at times after sitting for a prolonged period of time. I am hoping that this will improve once the rods are out.

I am hoping that my rods will be coming out in the next few months. Can’t let them stay in too much longer.

The new height is amazing. I don’t think about height anymore.  I wear the shoes that I want and like,  as opposed to the ones that are more beneficial for my stature.

SimonFuller

« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2019, 08:13:22 AM »

Hi MichaelJose.   Thank you for your comment. Hope that my diary has been able to help other LLers in one way or another.

I am now 16 months post-op and roughly a year since I took my first steps. I feel great.  Walk and look as though nothing ever happened. Life is good.

I have been a little lazy on the stretching, although I am back to the gym. 

My hips can get a little tight at times after sitting for a prolonged period of time. I am hoping that this will improve once the rods are out.

I am hoping that my rods will be coming out in the next few months. Can’t let them stay in too much longer.

The new height is amazing. I don’t think about height anymore.  I wear the shoes that I want and like,  as opposed to the ones that are more beneficial for my stature.

That is so great to hear - so looking back worth the money? Being at point where I don't think about height is the dream!

LAGrowin

« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2019, 02:52:48 AM »

That is so great to hear - so looking back worth the money? Being at point where I don't think about height is the dream!

100% worth the money!! The way I looked at it personally was that my new confidence would give me that extra little drive to make that money back up after recovery.

The surgery, distraction, and  consolidation are all done before you know it. I won’t lie and say that this is all a piece of cake, but it is so quick that it is well worth the little bit of sacrifice for the opportunity to be 3 inches taller. At least with internals, the pain is by no means excruciating as we may believe it to be prior to surgery.

SimonFuller

« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »

100% worth the money!! The way I looked at it personally was that my new confidence would give me that extra little drive to make that money back up after recovery.

The surgery, distraction, and  consolidation are all done before you know it. I won’t lie and say that this is all a piece of cake, but it is so quick that it is well worth the little bit of sacrifice for the opportunity to be 3 inches taller. At least with internals, the pain is by no means excruciating as we may believe it to be prior to surgery.

That's so excellent to hear - I'm at the point where I spend so much time looking at peoples legs proportions its silly lol! In terms of clothing - working off the assumption that the baggier the jean/trouser the less one is able to see of the proportions, do you feel like you don't wear skinny jeans or slim suit trousers because of the proportions?

That is one of my concerns - thanks pal!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up