Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral lengthening @ the Paley Institute - tibias 4cm + femurs 6cm  (Read 41328 times)

Purushrottam

Re: Quadrilateral lengthening @ the Paley Institute - tibias 4cm + femurs 6cm
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2019, 02:18:54 AM »

This will be an end of an era. We will miss your insight and perspectives. I wish you all the best on your future! If you happen to be in my city (I pinged you earlier) PM my Reddit handle reddit.com/u/Purushrottam and I’ll be more than happy to grab a drink.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Kenda

Berry

• Visitor
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2019, 10:19:00 AM »

1,60 is short even here in Brazil!!!!! So chill girl..... 1,52cm i tought you were in an asian country

Berry

• Visitor
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2019, 09:35:37 AM »

So you sent me your google research about height in Brazil, but sorry your research is wrong.
I'm Brazilian i live here and i traveled the whole country, So I can tell you People are much taller than that.

5'7 man is a short man here
5'3 is a short woman here

And my comment about Kenda, yes 5'2 is short even here in Brazil. 5'2 is an asian country height.
Travel and you will see for yourself

PAGrb490

« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2019, 10:27:43 PM »

How can you argue with statistics and surveys?

Just because you think they are wrong, doesn’t make them wrong.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 11:02:50 PM by PAGrb490 »

rentless_selfimprovement

• Visitor
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2020, 05:49:05 AM »

Dude is trolling as OverrideYourGenetics. There’s a typo in the name.

Genius trolling. However, I just wish we could live in a world where short Muslim Indian professors teaching English in London spent their time more wisely. Why must Muslims be so angry?

Hi everyone,

I am not going to answer the PMs anymore. This will be my final post here, my LL journey has concluded.
Its been a rough ride, doing quad with Paley was by no means a cakewalk. But the end result is satisfying. My state right now is slight x-legs but not noticable. I am able to jog for 2 minutes but the impact on hard terrain does cause knee pain. My PT (which I will talk about in detail below) says that the muscles and tendons are stretched and at max capacity, its gonna take a year or two before they start loosening up. Frankly I don't really care, I was never much of a sports person before LL. I can walk, I can go up and down stairs without problem. I can sit for extended time. In fact last monday we had this presentation at "JavaNerds and Beer"-event in SF where I sat in same position on a plastic chair for 4 hours and I had no trouble getting up and walking normally afterwards.

I feel a bit tearful writing this post as I know I have to let you go, our paths diverge here. I would like to thank everyone who participated in this diary and the authors of the diaries. You have been incredible resource for me. I would never have been able to do this surgery without you guys and gals!

And finally about my PT. One thing this whole demanding process has thought me is, you only have one life. Dont let anyone else dictate how you should spend your days on this beautiful planet. Make as much out of your time, enjoy every day, live the life you always wanted.
My PT, 10 years younger me awakened something in me, a feeling that I cannot describe in words. We grew fond of each other and finally he confessed to me he had developed feelings for me.
We started dating and even travelled together. It was really love at first sight. I have come out of closet and told my family and close friends about it. They have been all supportive. Thats it folks....

Thank you all and good bye!
 8)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2020, 06:59:32 AM »

Dude is trolling as OverrideYourGenetics. There’s a typo in the name.

Genius trolling. However, I just wish we could live in a world where short Muslim Indian professors teaching English in London spent their time more wisely. Why must Muslims be so angry?

Haha, nice catch man. I read this part probably like 3 times in the past months and I was like wtff now I can see. Idk how you caught that, I would've never noticed cuz the real OYG didn't give a shiet.

It might be his alternative account, who knows lol. It's like an exact clone, and it's even older. So weird. edit: real OYG pointed out this wasn't the case
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:22:02 AM by ghkid2019 »
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Don't listen to the haters, OG here
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2020, 07:15:33 AM »

This forum need some serious administration.

Yes it does. Especially when stalkers create fake profiles with very similar usernames and post completely bogus made up shiet and there's nothing you can do about that.

Look closely at that fake post. The username is "OverrideYouGenetics". No "R".

Click that username. No posts since 2015 until that one. I'm honored to be so targeted, though I have no idea what I did to deserve that. If I pissed someone off, I'm sorry.

Needless to say, that post is completely fabricated.

The reason I didn't give a shiet was that I have better things to do with my time and new life than dive in the negativity and laziness exhibited on this forum. However, someone who booked a consult with me pointed out that fake post, so here I am. I didn't run away with any PT, and you wouldn't catch me dead at a Java meetup. I also did not become gay. That one was pretty funny.

However, I'm going to keep my contributions on this forum at a minimum, and link to articles I'll still share for free on my website. The latest two are an update about the rods removal surgery, and a list of items to have ready for the recovery period.

Hi OYG,

How strongly do you recommend LL surgery for someone who wants to enter business in technology?I am 5 foot 6 inches and 30 years old working as a Software Engineer planning to move into the business side.Do the chances become slim if you are 5 foot 6 and planning to enter the business side?

Not strongly, especially at your age, and especially now that Covid is making remote work the norm. Just don't stand in front of the webcam during conferences :)

On a more serious note, I'm writing a post on how to decide if you should have this surgery. The general idea is that I recommend maximally improving your life in other areas first (e.g. study charisma and leadership and sales in your case), and only when you're reasonably sure that height is the only thing holding you back from a quantum leap in success, have the surgery. There might be an exception to this - if you're very young (under 25) and very motivated, because you can achieve an excellent recovery and have plenty of time to really enjoy the difference height makes in that age group.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

rainbow

• Visitor
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2020, 12:09:21 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am not going to answer the PMs anymore. This will be my final post here, my LL journey has concluded.
Its been a rough ride, doing quad with Paley was by no means a cakewalk. But the end result is satisfying. My state right now is slight x-legs but not noticable. I am able to jog for 2 minutes but the impact on hard terrain does cause knee pain. My PT (which I will talk about in detail below) says that the muscles and tendons are stretched and at max capacity, its gonna take a year or two before they start loosening up. Frankly I don't really care, I was never much of a sports person before LL. I can walk, I can go up and down stairs without problem. I can sit for extended time. In fact last monday we had this presentation at "JavaNerds and Beer"-event in SF where I sat in same position on a plastic chair for 4 hours and I had no trouble getting up and walking normally afterwards.

I feel a bit tearful writing this post as I know I have to let you go, our paths diverge here. I would like to thank everyone who participated in this diary and the authors of the diaries. You have been incredible resource for me. I would never have been able to do this surgery without you guys and gals!

And finally about my PT. One thing this whole demanding process has thought me is, you only have one life. Dont let anyone else dictate how you should spend your days on this beautiful planet. Make as much out of your time, enjoy every day, live the life you always wanted.
My PT, 10 years younger me awakened something in me, a feeling that I cannot describe in words. We grew fond of each other and finally he confessed to me he had developed feelings for me.
We started dating and even travelled together. It was really love at first sight. I have come out of closet and told my family and close friends about it. They have been all supportive. Thats it folks....

Thank you all and good bye!
 8)

I suspect this is the work of a member who went with various monikers like tlannister, ned_flanders, third_world, tinyTL and now kusop (and this name was changed to mimic "OYG"). Going through the posting history makes this apparent. Quite disturbing to be honest. You can find recurring themes of hatred towards homosxxuals, minorities and even LL patients for no reason. Joking around is fine, but this last post was a new low.

rainbow

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »

wtf happened to overrideyourgenetics? You have a toxic personality, no wonder u're in that situation of yours.

Here is a fine comment from the aforementioned gentleman.

Fiveandsomething

What a plot twist

What a fqn twist lol I did NOT SEE that coming
Meh.

« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2021, 12:33:34 PM »

Slow? 6 months form first operation and walking around during man + stairs. I see that as a success.

« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2021, 12:38:16 PM »

"I can't help but feel somehow "superior" over shorter people at work" haha! So funny. So human.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up