Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral lengthening @ the Paley Institute - tibias 4cm + femurs 6cm  (Read 13918 times)

BeYourBest

Hey man,

I hope that knee pain disappears for good asap!

Thanks for updates.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Knee pain kinda gone?!
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2019, 05:40:08 AM »

Knee pain indeed seems kinda gone. Will see for sure next week when I go back to the gym.

Mini-update for Wednesday, April 17, 2019: I did 10 Smith squats[url=http://with 115 lbs today. The Smith machine helped a lot with balance. I could also jog for 2 minutes. Had to slow down to walking because of impact pain, in the left knee and right quad. Cardio-wise, I could have gone longer. On an [url=https://exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/EllipticalCrossTrainer]elliptical machine] with 115 lbs today. The Smith machine helped a lot with balance. I could also jog for 2 minutes. Had to slow down to walking because of impact pain, in the left knee and right quad. Cardio-wise, I could have gone longer. On an [url=https://exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/EllipticalCrossTrainer]elliptical machine I can go for 10-20 minutes, because it absorbs the landing impact.

Side note: when I walk with weight (e.g. a backpack) or when I exercise, I'm sweating WAY, WAY more than before the surgery. Nobody I know sweats that badly. Not sure why that is. I did lose some conditioning by being in a wheelchair for months, and I used to sweat before, but not to this level.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Ghostfish

Hi OYG

Congrats on your improvement on the knee pain!  It looks promising.  Hope you to recover soon!

Kenda

HI OverrideyourGenetics, Ive seen that you've apparently used Internal Precice 2 on both Femurs & Tibias....
Now please let me ask you:
1) How did each one feel, which one felt more unbearable & harder pain ; Tibias   or   Femurs?
2) Knee Pain, regarding to this do you feel that internal tibia= knee pain permenantly  or does femurs has that risk too?
3) Internal infection in femurs ? what really are the dangers and troubles of having a nail inside your bone canal did you take multiple antibiotics throughout your journey ?
4) Achieveing the maximum goals (8cm) in Femurs....for someone like me i am a girl and financially not rich so i get one shot at this and i am starting at 152 cm so getting the full and i mean FULL 8 cm is the only option....is that possible or are there other dimensions to the issue ?

*Thank you in advance & sorry for too many questions but there arent much patients that have been through both .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up