Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral lengthening @ the Paley Institute - tibias 4cm + femurs 6cm  (Read 41140 times)

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)

Would it be different if youbhad used stryde on Femurs only.

How would I know? Aside from using STRYDE on one femur and PRECICE on the other + the tibia.

STRYDE is clearly superior to PRECICE because you can walk way, way sooner (1-2 weeks after the surgery), so your muscles will atrophy much less. There's no decision to make here. The difference in price is insignificant given the difference in recovery time and quality.

Femurs only vs. tibias+femurs is another question.

Also when did you walk with assistance as well as without for the first time post surgery.

What kind of assistance? Don't be lazy! Check my diary a few posts up for when I could walk with a walker vs. cane (I never used crutches). However, again, that's irrelevant, because nobody should do PRECICE any more.

In other news, mini-update:
  • Yesterday the pain in the right knee almost disappeared (!). Like, literally, overnight. What I did was a bunch of adventures during the weekend, including river rafting and 2+ hours of driving an ATV. Maybe the vibrations from the ATV helped (sounds weird, but there are devices for sale that just vibrate your legs, for some alleged benefits). Anyway, let's see if the pain comes back.
  • Today I was able to do 100 jumping jacks, without knee pain during or after.
  • Also did 20 back squats with the empty bar (45 lbs), and 10 reps @ 65 lbs. This is not a big deal, given that 5 months ago, I was able to do 10 sets x 10 reps with a 50 lbs kettlebell. It's hard to keep good form: I tend to lean forward, and if I try to compensate, I feel like I'll fall backwards.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

totallyred

Thanks for the reply and good luck

BeYourBest

Hey man,

I hope that knee pain disappears for good asap!

Thanks for updates.

OverrideYourGenetics

Knee pain kinda gone?!
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2019, 05:40:08 AM »

Knee pain indeed seems kinda gone. Will see for sure next week when I go back to the gym.

Mini-update for Wednesday, April 17, 2019: I did 10 Smith squats[url=http://with 115 lbs today. The Smith machine helped a lot with balance. I could also jog for 2 minutes. Had to slow down to walking because of impact pain, in the left knee and right quad. Cardio-wise, I could have gone longer. On an [url=https://exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/EllipticalCrossTrainer]elliptical machine] with 115 lbs today. The Smith machine helped a lot with balance. I could also jog for 2 minutes. Had to slow down to walking because of impact pain, in the left knee and right quad. Cardio-wise, I could have gone longer. On an [url=https://exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/EllipticalCrossTrainer]elliptical machine I can go for 10-20 minutes, because it absorbs the landing impact.

Side note: when I walk with weight (e.g. a backpack) or when I exercise, I'm sweating WAY, WAY more than before the surgery. Nobody I know sweats that badly. Not sure why that is. I did lose some conditioning by being in a wheelchair for months, and I used to sweat before, but not to this level.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Ghostfish

Hi OYG

Congrats on your improvement on the knee pain!  It looks promising.  Hope you to recover soon!

Kenda

HI OverrideyourGenetics, Ive seen that you've apparently used Internal Precice 2 on both Femurs & Tibias....
Now please let me ask you:
1) How did each one feel, which one felt more unbearable & harder pain ; Tibias   or   Femurs?
2) Knee Pain, regarding to this do you feel that internal tibia= knee pain permenantly  or does femurs has that risk too?
3) Internal infection in femurs ? what really are the dangers and troubles of having a nail inside your bone canal did you take multiple antibiotics throughout your journey ?
4) Achieveing the maximum goals (8cm) in Femurs....for someone like me i am a girl and financially not rich so i get one shot at this and i am starting at 152 cm so getting the full and i mean FULL 8 cm is the only option....is that possible or are there other dimensions to the issue ?

*Thank you in advance & sorry for too many questions but there arent much patients that have been through both .

FutureManuteBol

Any updates for us OYG?

OverrideYourGenetics

Question from 152cm girl
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2019, 01:37:10 AM »

HI OverrideyourGenetics, Ive seen that you've apparently used Internal Precice 2 on both Femurs & Tibias....
Now please let me ask you:
1) How did each one feel, which one felt more unbearable & harder pain ; Tibias   or   Femurs?
2) Knee Pain, regarding to this do you feel that internal tibia= knee pain permenantly  or does femurs has that risk too?
3) Internal infection in femurs ? what really are the dangers and troubles of having a nail inside your bone canal did you take multiple antibiotics throughout your journey ?
4) Achieveing the maximum goals (8cm) in Femurs....for someone like me i am a girl and financially not rich so i get one shot at this and i am starting at 152 cm so getting the full and i mean FULL 8 cm is the only option....is that possible or are there other dimensions to the issue ?

*Thank you in advance & sorry for too many questions but there arent much patients that have been through both .

Hi Kenda,

You say you're not financially rich. That's OK. I've also noticed that your post contained quite a few spelling errors. If you were typing from a phone or something like that, please disregard what I'm about to say. But if the only reasons for those errors were insufficient practice with English or not using the browser's English spell checker, I have good news for you! We live in a digital economy. Wherever you're from, you can clearly access the Internet. You can work online, for far richer employers than in your home country. Even if you're from a developed country, by working online you can access employers and capital you'd have a very hard time otherwise.

But so can everyone else. There is competition. There are three main ways to differentiate when doing work online:
  • Doing it fast
  • Doing it cheap
  • Doing it well

Doing it well involves most of the time writing well. Even if you do graphic design. I've hired people online through sites like Odesk, and if someone writes poorly, I won't work with them any more. That's because I care about quality, and I'm willing to pay for it.

So my advice to you is, consider investing in mastering English. It's the world's universal language, and that's not going to change. Chinese won't take over (sorry).

Moreover, all modern browsers have a spell checker built-in. Set it to English. Set your computer's language to English, your phone's, and so on. I'm sorry, but no other language correlates better with wealth.

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by being 160cm female instead of 152. You'll still be in the bottom 25% of females by height (unless you plan to stay in a country with lower average height), and that's if *everything* goes well. Learning English has no risk of screwing you up forever.

Now to answer your questions:

1. Tibias vs. femur pain is irrelevant if you can only do one and want 8cm. Tibias can only be lengthened safely by 5cm. That said, tibia pain was slightly worse, fortunately.

2. No risk of knee pain with femurs, because the nail goes in through the hip.

3. No infection risk, unless you do the surgery in a cheapo hospital.

4. Yes, the other dimension is to invest in yourself and borrow money to do quadrilateral lengthening, then pay back the loans over time. See my article https://overrideyourgenetics.com/cost/.

Any updates for us OYG?

Yes. I'm taking the rods out next week. Ask me anything.

PAGrb490

It’s not my place to answer on behalf of Kenda,

But I will try to. As you can see on the scale following the link you have shared, every 5 cm on a height of a woman, puts her in a next height category or even further, closer to average. In other worlds, the same 8 cm height increase makes a bigger difference for a female vs male.

You can also see how short guys on this forum, try and do get third surgery done, even if they don’t become average height. They just want to be taller then what they were in the past. And I get it. They compete more against themselves, not as much against other guys.

So, I think your question is unfair to Kenda.

Kenda

Overrideyourgenetics,

Oh hold on there lil homie, whats up with u?
Got a english course and you’re so pumped about it.
First of all im a british education student! I write with mistkaes because i dont give a fk! And thats my ipad so the keyboard is retarded

Secondly i dont know u talking about! Like ur telling me to work as a graphic designer to make money or work online as what ??

Lol talkin about some grammar mistake homie chill i could give two f’s about autocorrect!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:10:38 PM by Kenda »

Kenda

& if 160cm is the bottom 25% of females then what females are you talkin about if we would even call them females
Godzilla?

U lost and confused , go sit on google learn some   because u seem pressed!!

Kenda

It’s not my place to answer on behalf of Kenda,

But I will try to. As you can see on the scale following the link you have shared, every 5 cm on a height of a woman, puts her in a next height category or even further, closer to average. In other worlds, the same 8 cm height increase makes a bigger difference for a female vs male.

You can also see how short guys on this forum, try and do get third surgery done, even if they don’t become average height. They just want to be taller then what they were in the past. And I get it. They compete more against themselves, not as much against other guys.

So, I think your question is unfair to Kenda.

No problem, his question isnt even a question he’s just trynna tell me not to do LL
& he thinks that 175 to up is normal height for girls, in what country! Russia?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:35:39 PM by Kenda »

Jim_dabarber

Overrideyourgenetics,

Oh hold on there lil homie, whats up with u?
Got a english course and you’re so pumped about it.
First of all im a british education student! I write with mistkaes because i dont give a fk! And thats my ipad so the keyboard is retarded

Secondly i dont know u talking about! Like ur telling me to work as a graphic designer to make money or work online as what ??

Lol talkin about some grammar mistake homie chill i could give two f’s about autocorrect!

Pay no mind to OYGs comment. Seems like after LL this guy became a real douche bag. Just read a few of his past posts.

To Racurz: Thanks for the well wishes and I don't mean to sound mean, but you may get more out of life with much less of an investment by improving your reading comprehension and English writing skills.

And what he wrote in one of his updates:
It's funny that even though I know what it's like to be short, I can't help but feel somehow "superior" over shorter people at work (unless they're in a higher role than me, but I haven't actually met a manager shorter than me yet). So yes, the heightism bias turns out to be real in me, a rational software engineer, in one of the most "rational" of all places (Silicon Valley), who also used to be short!

When I meet a peer who's shorter, I have a tiny bit of trouble taking him seriously, unless I'm already impressed by his reputation.

Clearly he likes making himself feel better by putting people down, or at least trying....
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Kenda

Pay no mind to OYGs comment. Seems like after LL this guy became a real douche bag. Just read a few of his past posts.

To Racurz: Thanks for the well wishes and I don't mean to sound mean, but you may get more out of life with much less of an investment by improving your reading comprehension and English writing skills.

And what he wrote in one of his updates:
It's funny that even though I know what it's like to be short, I can't help but feel somehow "superior" over shorter people at work (unless they're in a higher role than me, but I haven't actually met a manager shorter than me yet). So yes, the heightism bias turns out to be real in me, a rational software engineer, in one of the most "rational" of all places (Silicon Valley), who also used to be short!

When I meet a peer who's shorter, I have a tiny bit of trouble taking him seriously, unless I'm already impressed by his reputation.

Clearly he likes making himself feel better by putting people down, or at least trying....

I really dont care about this lil homie.
But he better be useful & say something useful or else, one will put him in his place in the comments.
But if he gonna talk about english courses when basically my original question had Purfect eng , then he has some inner problems with himself lol.

Aedi

• Visitor

OverrideyourGenetics You are rude . Who cares about Kenda English ! Open world open mind .

Kenda

OverrideyourGenetics You are rude . Who cares about Kenda English ! Open world open mind .
Bro! My English is literally perfect! Read my original question to him! No mistakes, he seem like a 40 yr old that gets angry if i write your instead of you’re or sth.

TinyTL

wtf happened to overrideyourgenetics? You have a toxic personality, no wonder u're in that situation of yours.

fodawupa

instaled spell cheker. is it workin?

seriously chill out with OverrideYourGenetics everyone.

OverrideYourGenetics how is ur dating life after LL? are u thinking of getting married some time?
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

MirinHeight

he seems to have an ego about himself now and perceives himself better than those shorter than him.
I sense some narcissistic tendencies. Hopefully it is not true, I enjoyed reading the diary though.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Dirona

Hi OYG,

How strongly do you recommend LL surgery for someone who wants to enter business in technology?I am 5 foot 6 inches and 30 years old working as a Software Engineer planning to move into the business side.Do the chances become slim if you are 5 foot 6 and planning to enter the business side?
Taking it easy

Heightseeker1998

Re: Question from 152cm girl
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2019, 06:21:37 PM »

Hi Kenda,

You say you're not financially rich. That's OK. I've also noticed that your post contained quite a few spelling errors. If you were typing from a phone or something like that, please disregard what I'm about to say. But if the only reasons for those errors were insufficient practice with English or not using the browser's English spell checker, I have good news for you! We live in a digital economy. Wherever you're from, you can clearly access the Internet. You can work online, for far richer employers than in your home country. Even if you're from a developed country, by working online you can access employers and capital you'd have a very hard time otherwise.

But so can everyone else. There is competition. There are three main ways to differentiate when doing work online:
  • Doing it fast
  • Doing it cheap
  • Doing it well

Doing it well involves most of the time writing well. Even if you do graphic design. I've hired people online through sites like Odesk, and if someone writes poorly, I won't work with them any more. That's because I care about quality, and I'm willing to pay for it.

So my advice to you is, consider investing in mastering English. It's the world's universal language, and that's not going to change. Chinese won't take over (sorry).

Moreover, all modern browsers have a spell checker built-in. Set it to English. Set your computer's language to English, your phone's, and so on. I'm sorry, but no other language correlates better with wealth.

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by being 160cm female instead of 152. You'll still be in the bottom 25% of females by height (unless you plan to stay in a country with lower average height), and that's if *everything* goes well. Learning English has no risk of screwing you up forever.

Now to answer your questions:

1. Tibias vs. femur pain is irrelevant if you can only do one and want 8cm. Tibias can only be lengthened safely by 5cm. That said, tibia pain was slightly worse, fortunately.

2. No risk of knee pain with femurs, because the nail goes in through the hip.

3. No infection risk, unless you do the surgery in a cheapo hospital.

4. Yes, the other dimension is to invest in yourself and borrow money to do quadrilateral lengthening, then pay back the loans over time. See my article https://overrideyourgenetics.com/cost/.

Yes. I'm taking the rods out next week. Ask me anything.

This guy is a real businessman who is playing marketing tactic to promote his own website by bashing other users. Link goes to his web blog related to limb lengthening consultancy ( He is using SEO technique). His website says 250$ for consultation price on limb lengthening. By bashing other users, he creates TRP like TV show to get users for his own blog.

This forum need some serious administration.

PS: I am editing. I just saw his whole profile. He is promoting himself & his blog from the day he joined. That's real marketing. Good luck dude on fundraiser. 🙄

fodawupa

wtf he has given enough free informaton than most patients gave and definitely more than u will ever give. if he wants to charge money for a consult then what is wrong?>

its also my opinion that is he charging so much for people who were in his position before but its his wish. but again hes done more than most people here for free.
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

dreamingtobetaller

Why are some of the men on here telling the women not to do LL? You don’t do it either! Smh

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards

From what I've seen women generally have more complications,so that's why it's discouraged. Most of the worst outcomes have been women. Then again it could purely be coincidence

dreamingtobetaller

Jesus I hope not!

Kenda

why women have more complications?!!

FutureManuteBol

Re: Quadrilateral lengthening @ the Paley Institute - tibias 4cm + femurs 6cm
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2019, 01:37:00 PM »

If he has a hard time taking people shorter than him seriously, he must understand he’s in a similar boat. At 5’8, any wealthy predominantly white area is going to have an average of 5’11. They don’t take him seriously. He’s also unimpressive by his own logic. They probably don’t see him much different than a 5’5-5’6 guy. He’s worried about a slow potentially ultimately unfavorable outcome, so he’s desperate to find validation for his choice to do this in the first place, ergo thinking little of shorter dudes. It’s fking laughable.

TouchingTheSky

• Visitor
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2019, 09:43:34 PM »

Hey!  Do you happen to have a video of yourself walking by any chance?  I'm scared that doing quad LL will permanently make me walk funny should I choose to do it.

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am not going to answer the PMs anymore. This will be my final post here, my LL journey has concluded.
Its been a rough ride, doing quad with Paley was by no means a cakewalk. But the end result is satisfying. My state right now is slight x-legs but not noticable. I am able to jog for 2 minutes but the impact on hard terrain does cause knee pain. My PT (which I will talk about in detail below) says that the muscles and tendons are stretched and at max capacity, its gonna take a year or two before they start loosening up. Frankly I don't really care, I was never much of a sports person before LL. I can walk, I can go up and down stairs without problem. I can sit for extended time. In fact last monday we had this presentation at "JavaNerds and Beer"-event in SF where I sat in same position on a plastic chair for 4 hours and I had no trouble getting up and walking normally afterwards.

I feel a bit tearful writing this post as I know I have to let you go, our paths diverge here. I would like to thank everyone who participated in this diary and the authors of the diaries. You have been incredible resource for me. I would never have been able to do this surgery without you guys and gals!

And finally about my PT. One thing this whole demanding process has thought me is, you only have one life. Dont let anyone else dictate how you should spend your days on this beautiful planet. Make as much out of your time, enjoy every day, live the life you always wanted.
My PT, 10 years younger me awakened something in me, a feeling that I cannot describe in words. We grew fond of each other and finally he confessed to me he had developed feelings for me.
We started dating and even travelled together. It was really love at first sight. I have come out of closet and told my family and close friends about it. They have been all supportive. Thats it folks....

Thank you all and good bye!
 8)

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »

I would like to ask you if the person jumping your instagram is a former LLer.
But anyway, it was good to have you with us. Now, have a good luck with your new life.
Go for it

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2019, 10:20:31 PM »

What a plot twist
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up