Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don's Footwear elevator shoes  (Read 1056 times)

SousukeAizen

• Visitor
Don's Footwear elevator shoes
« on: April 21, 2018, 08:10:58 PM »

Have any of you bought elevator shoes from them?
How long did you have to wait before it was delivered? I placed my order on 2nd of April and still haven't heard from them ever since.
Were the shoes really comfortable as they say?

myloginacct

Re: Don's Footwear elevator shoes
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:04 PM »

Never heard of them before. But we currently have this thread for elevator shoes here.

If those shoes arrive and you like them, it'd be nice if you could tell us there.

Knik

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 09:34:53 PM »

I wear 3,5 cm sneakers and it's enough for me
like this the difference is not enormous when I take them off
Looking for Pili

Android

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 11:57:19 PM »

I bought dress shoes from them five years ago, didn't have any issue with receiving the product.

No idea how comfortable they are since I never wore them, still haven't broken them in. Weird, I know.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

W

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 01:08:01 AM »

The problem with elevator shoes is the bulk, they look like shoes for someone with swollen feet. Have someone take a picture of you wearing them from a distance and you will see, it's also why they avoid photographing from the side profile. Imagine trying to hide a wedge in your insole, there is just no way without making it stand out. Elevator shoe makers also pair it with higher heel and the whole proportions end up looking strange.

The other problem is the advertised height is no where near the true height. For example if they say 7cm, then when you minus the 2cm you would get from a normal shoe you have 5cm, but because of body weight the foam squashes down to 3cm and over time it will be less. Buy any elevator shoe and measure your height compared to your normal shoe and you'll find that you only get 2-3cm. The extra option is to add extra wedge in the elevator shoe but then you will trip and bend your ankle occasionally because of the heel angle just like women wearing high heels, it's also a huge giveaway.

SousukeAizen

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »

The problem with elevator shoes is the bulk, they look like shoes for someone with swollen feet. Have someone take a picture of you wearing them from a distance and you will see, it's also why they avoid photographing from the side profile. Imagine trying to hide a wedge in your insole, there is just no way without making it stand out. Elevator shoe makers also pair it with higher heel and the whole proportions end up looking strange.

The other problem is the advertised height is no where near the true height. For example if they say 7cm, then when you minus the 2cm you would get from a normal shoe you have 5cm, but because of body weight the foam squashes down to 3cm and over time it will be less. Buy any elevator shoe and measure your height compared to your normal shoe and you'll find that you only get 2-3cm. The extra option is to add extra wedge in the elevator shoe but then you will trip and bend your ankle occasionally because of the heel angle just like women wearing high heels, it's also a huge giveaway.

Don's Footwear actually use lightweight wood for their shoes. Their twitter account shows how the shoes are made.

https://twitter.com/elevatorshoes/

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 10:21:41 PM »

I got the sambas replicas and they look comically bad in person.

They’re just way too bulky, especially in height.

Unfortunately I never wore them and I’m pretty sure I just ended up tossing them.

As the other people have said, you really can’t add over 1.5 inches in height with shoes or lifts before you start looking ridiculous, it’s always obvious at the feet and the heel, unless you’re wearing tall heeled boots or those heel-like things Prince used to wear. Other than that, it’s just way too ovvious and bulky, your foot will stick out from the back every time you take a step.

SousukeAizen

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »

After observing Don's Footwear twitter account for a while, it makes me wonder: Is he the only guy making the shoes? is it why my order is taking so long?
Pages: [1]   Go Up