Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Consultations review  (Read 2091 times)

badexperience

• Visitor
Consultations review
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:17:35 AM »

I had in person consultations with Dr Guichet and Dr Monegal and I have taken them out from my list of possible doctors for different reasons. I will share my experience.

1.   DR GUICHET: Dr Guichet is serious and rigorous. He took the time to give me a good depiction of what I could expect if I did LL with him. He is serious about the preop, training requirements and motivation letters and preop agreements. This isn’t bad. I like Guichet’s seriousness but he seemed very greedy and money-driven. Some people think preop training is bull   to make money, and I think the same. He had money in his eyes. He looked like a financial rapist who feels entitled to ENORMOUS amounts of money for routine tests. He was also cold and detached and I got the impression he would financially rape me if I got a complication (Unicorn). He was very proud of himself and his achievements, as if he was a god with no mistakes. He admitted he had had complications but blamed patients of their bad luck. Serious, responsible, rigorous but too proud of himself, greedy, callous, and detached. I decided to trust my guts and took him out of my list.

2.   DR MONEGAL: Dr Monegal is the opposite of Dr Guichet in many aspects, not serious and rigorous at all. He was late for our appointment and didn’t offer proper information about LL. He didn’t say a word about motivation letters, training requirements or preop agreements. He wasn’t detached like Guichet, but overtly friendly, inapropriately close I would say. A doctor should be profesional. He talked about facts not related to LL and jumped from one topic to another without answering my questions about LL complications (Musicmaker). His attention was constantly drawn to unimportant items. He talked about football, women and the trolls of the forum with offenssive language and no manners. He didn’t have money in his eyes. He had madness in his eyes. I was really scared. He said he was the best surgeon in the world and spoke messianic   that made me question his sanity (saviour of the world etc). His demeanour was scary, as if he was experiencing a manic episode. I'd never allow this man to touch my legs.

I’m about to quit my idea of LL. I trust my guts and wouldn’t allow these men to touch me. I can’t afford Paley or Rozbruch. I plan to visit Dr Pili. Are there other options right now? If Pili fails, I’ll quit.

Great321

Re: Consultations review
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 05:46:00 AM »

Thank you!

Pili is also on my list amongst this Greek doc who offers TSF or Precise 2 or both , unfortunately he isn't well known here but whenever I write them an e-mail they answer fast and professional. https://www.athensbjr.com/cosmetic-limb-lengthening.html

Although you hear good things about Pili his ATL mthod scares me as some say that ATL isn't good at all. I still wait for the Greek doc's answer concerning ATL and if they charge extra (like Pili). On top of that you supposedly recover faster with TSF(4-5months) than HEF (7-11months) I don't know if that's true though

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »

Thank you for your contribution.

You seem like sensible person. In the EU, there's only Pili, Betz, Salameh, and Giotikas left, I think. I wouldn't even think about Betz or Salameh. Betz is (as far as I know) known for promising/doing absurd amounts of lengthening, had bad cases, and my problem with Salameh were his words to jackson5. With that said, you could ask Constantine his opinion of Betz, or Jackson5 about Salameh. We know nothing about Giotikas because I don't think there's been a diary, or a review of a consultation, posted online yet.

If you're willing to travel outside of the EU, there's Solomin & Kulesh, and then Barinov in Russia. Solomin has been publishing about LL for a long time. I don't know anything about them other than that.

There's also Birkholtz in South Africa, who seems ethical, but he generally doesn't accept patients over 165cm. And his location seems to steer away a lot of people.

There's the Ilizarov center of Russia, and they're very strict with their requirements. They're carrying on the legacy of Gavril Ilizarov, and it's a big center. There's only two diaries posted with them in this forum, so far. Wikipedia page.

I don't know if Catagni still performs CLL on his own (i.e., not just being an advisor/working with Pili), but he had height thresholds too.

Best of luck. And if it comes down to giving up about LL, so be it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:43:17 AM by myloginacct »

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 09:51:22 AM »

Great321 has a thread with many e-mail back-and-forths too. Thought you might find the extra information useful in making your decision.

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 01:13:57 PM »

Oh yeah, Barinov was the doctor for RGKEY. I don't know anything about his capabilities as a surgeon or how much he cares about his patients, but he allowed someone to lengthen 9cm on their tibias. So I would exclude him based on that.

Only Stripes (who has one of the best diaries in the forums and did LL with Barinov) could convince me otherwise.

badexperience

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »

You seem like sensible person. In the EU, there's only Pili, Betz, Salameh, and Giotikas left, I think. I wouldn't even think about Betz or Salameh. Betz is (as far as I know) known for promising/doing absurd amounts of lengthening, had bad cases, and my problem with Salameh were his words to jackson5. With that said, you could ask Constantine his opinion of Betz, or Jackson5 about Salameh. We know nothing about Giotikas because I don't think there's been a diary, or a review of a consultation, posted online yet.

If you're willing to travel outside of the EU, there's Solomin & Kulesh, and then Barinov in Russia. Solomin has been publishing about LL for a long time. I don't know anything about them other than that.

There's also Birkholtz in South Africa, who seems ethical, but he generally doesn't accept patients over 165cm. And his location seems to steer away a lot of people.

There's the Ilizarov center of Russia, and they're very strict with their requirements. They're carrying on the legacy of Gavril Ilizarov, and it's a big center. There's only two diaries posted with them in this forum, so far. Wikipedia page.

I don't know if Catagni still performs CLL on his own (i.e., not just being an advisor/working with Pili), but he had height thresholds too.

THANKS for your input myloginacct. You seem very well informed.

badexperience

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 03:59:40 PM »

Thank you!

Pili is also on my list amongst this Greek doc who offers TSF or Precise 2 or both , unfortunately he isn't well known here but whenever I write them an e-mail they answer fast and professional. https://www.athensbjr.com/cosmetic-limb-lengthening.html

Although you hear good things about Pili his ATL mthod scares me as some say that ATL isn't good at all. I still wait for the Greek doc's answer concerning ATL and if they charge extra (like Pili). On top of that you supposedly recover faster with TSF(4-5months) than HEF (7-11months) I don't know if that's true though

I have checked your contributions too. Very good information. Thanks!

myloginacct

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »

THANKS for your input myloginacct. You seem very well informed.

Hopefully we can keep this thread going for years to come, with more personal opinions from other members. The forum software is not very reliable to gauge each orthopedic surgeon who does CLL.

Honore

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 05:55:35 PM »

I had in person consultations with Dr Guichet and Dr Monegal and I have taken them out from my list of possible doctors for different reasons.

DR MONEGAL: ...He said he was the best surgeon in the world and spoke messianic....

Great work, thank you. Did you do both consultations in one trip? Just wondering.

Can you tell us more about what you mean with messianic? .... it sounds scary indeed. He is still on my list though..

badexperience

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 12:05:09 AM »

Great work, thank you. Did you do both consultations in one trip? Just wondering.

Can you tell us more about what you mean with messianic? .... it sounds scary indeed. He is still on my list though..

Different trips. First Dr Guichet and then Dr Monegal.

Messianic means that he holds the belief he is destined to become a savior.  He uses self-aggrandising narratives, same as Guichet but in Monegal there seems to be a scary break from reality. He doesn't seem aware of the difference between true and false. He changes topics, twists and distorts experiences to suit his agenda and distorted perception of being the LL god, the closest friend of famous footballers, top models and millionaires. I was really scared.

Honore

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 10:37:00 AM »

Wauw.. that sounds scary indeed...

I wonder if other people have the same experience. Still, it doesn't mean he is a bad doctor.. I'll keep him on my list though

tlannister

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »

F. Birkholtz uses precice and prices are mid-range. try him

notatroll

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 11:51:43 PM »

Wauw.. that sounds scary indeed...

I wonder if other people have the same experience. Still, it doesn't mean he is a bad doctor.. I'll keep him on my list though

Yes, same experience and I was his patient.

I want to tell you something about this doctor and I’m not a troll. I’m a former patient of his. I don’t have any interest in pursuing a vendetta. I’m not Lluser. But I think some members of the forum deserve the truth. I have nothing to deal with him anymore so I can tell the truth.

For me Dr Monegal isn’t a good option. I could finish LL unscathed but many patients experienced complications and many had to deal with the doctor’s craziness. His behaviour is erratic and reckless. My first impression was: get out of here. I didn’t. I feared for my security from the very beginning. The clinic is not prepared for international patients (nobody speaks English). The doctor is showing off all the time and he tries to beat his own time records during surgeries, in detriment of his patient’s safety. He drives like a madman when he takes patients by car resorting to all kind of profanity and exceeding the speed limits. He doesn’t care about patients’ wellbeing. He only cares about himself and his reputation. He has outbursts of acute paranoia related to this forum and is insanely obsessed with the trolls here. The trolls have taken things too far, but most of what they have said is true. This doctor never admits his mistakes and blames patients of their bad results. What is worse, he hides his worst cases from prospective patients and the rest of the world so that nobody can criticize him. If people find out about them, he denies his responsibility. He’s a pathological liar. Don’t let his superficial charm fool you. He’s not a good person.

So my advice: if you can, stay away from him.

Cheers

You'd better rule him out for your safety. He's not a good doctor. He has many bad cases and can't handle complications well

Honore

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »

thx for your input guys..

badexperience

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »

You're welcome.

jackson5

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 12:28:08 PM »

Hello myloginacct, I just read your message above, can you explain me what Dr Salameh said to me in private message please?
Big thanks!

"You seem like sensible person. In the EU, there's only Pili, Betz, Salameh, and Giotikas left, I think. I wouldn't even think about Betz or Salameh. Betz is (as far as I know) known for promising/doing absurd amounts of lengthening, had bad cases, and my problem with Salameh were his words to jackson5."

jojo

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »

Waw.. what a refrashing sane indput.

This is a thing im thinking about alot myself

My gut feeling tells me Dr Lee from korea is a good one.

My resonan - Korea sees cosmetic sugery as a Way to make one self better. Maybe thats a bit crazy for us but that is the mindet they have alot of the time.
They dont judge.

Another culture mindset i feel like is good for LL is russia. They are vary hardcore people who tend not to deal with others emotionel aspekt but gets the job done.
They lag on the tecnical side maybe.

Amarica is also the top place. I feel like thet keep it professionel.
Palay seems like he has minimal trouble for what everyone says

Good post .

notatroll

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »

I got the same impression about Dr M. back in 2016. I didn’t trust my guts. It was my worst decision ever. Advice: trust your guts.

PAGrb490

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »

Dr M. = Monegal here, correct?

notatroll

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 08:41:21 PM »

Yes, Dr Monegal, probably the worst option for CLL in my opinion and other patients’. I have seen too many bad cases and in my opinion he has the worst technique and care, and a lack of professionalism. I have seen many patients lives’ destroyed (even dead one) to keep my mouth closed.

tlannister

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 08:45:55 PM »

Dr. M is Dr. Mahaboubian.

Monegal is just Dr. Monegal. Stop poisoning the credibility of Shahab Mahaboubian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up