Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: STRYDE - Paley Institute Official Information  (Read 19023 times)

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
Re: STRYDE - Paley Institute Official Information
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »

Hey doomsday, great name by the way! What's your story? Have you had LL? Thinking of it? I'm sure it won't be doom and gloom if you did ;)

You have no idea why I am here, girls is not the reason) If you must know, I happen to be in love with a girl who is not in this country.

These things come with patents and IP (Intellectual Property). There is a reason why the Bliskunov/Jamal nail is used only here and by this doctor. Precise is an inferior nail in my opinion and used by many doctors. It's like IOS vs Android. If you want IOS, you'll have to buy Apple, but with Android, you have a ton of choice. Dr Jamal told me he was offered Precise, but declined.

The war is long over and everything is back to normal, thanks. Also I am not here for good. Maybe a few more weeks, I'll see.

I won't be on this forum for much longer if losers like you continue to criticise Dr Jamal's pricing and location. I really don't need it and I really don't give a $hit where you or others go. Go to Greece and get killed in a riot for all I care.

My posts are for those considering LL to make an informed decision, and should they chose Kiev and while I am here, I am happy to provide mentoring and support during the journey.  This is not to be taken lightly. 

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:40:03 PM by taller_in_Kiev »

Leggs

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2018, 07:07:31 PM »

Info on the relatively new consultation process & measurements with Dr. Paley/Dr. Robbins.

Kotiki

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2018, 11:32:18 PM »

Your hard advertising starts to really piss me off.  Some loser moved to Ukraine for girls and now tries to make money by advertising Dr Jamal and his   nail.
If that nail was that good every doctor would be using it. That has never happened! 

For the price of Dr Jamal you can go to Greece and use Precice 2 in a fully developed country that in not partly torn by a war.
Not only that, but dr Jamal is so fantastic apparently that there's not a single hit about him in Google in cyrillic alphabet (search words: Джамал + ортопед +Киев). No patient reviews, no information. As far as Google is concerned he doesn't exist.

The name tells me that dr Jamal is not Ukrainian. Most likelyy, from the Middle East. If he is so great, how come he wasn't in demand in his own country? Ukraine is balancing on the verge of becoming a failed state, they have more pressing problems on their hands than regulating medical licences. Anyone could show up in Ukraine and proclaim that they will lengthen legs and perform triple heart bypass surgery, complete with lobotomy and a separation of conjoined twins.

It's amazing that this forum allows such shameless advertising..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:34:00 AM by Kotiki »

Android

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2018, 03:35:23 AM »

Thread is getting quite derailed. Instead of smearing a product, let's talk about its documented strengths.

Indeed, Precice is not cheap, but that is its only shortcoming. It's state of the art and FDA approved. It has countless research papers with doctors all around the world using the device. Doctors must be approved to use the device, and in some cases representatives from NuVasive will fly in to assist with surgery to make sure that everything goes right.

If you want a peace of mind that you're getting the same care and a predictable result, it's recommended to choose a doctor that offers Precice.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2018, 07:36:31 AM »

Not only that, but dr Jamal is so fantastic apparently that there's not a single hit about him in Google in cyrillic alphabet (search words: Джамал + ортопед +Киев). No patient reviews, no information. As far as Google is concerned he doesn't exist.

The name tells me that dr Jamal is not Ukrainian. Most likelyy, from the Middle East. If he is so great, how come he wasn't in demand in his own country? Ukraine is balancing on the verge of becoming a failed state, they have more pressing problems on their hands than regulating medical licences. Anyone could show up in Ukraine and proclaim that they will lengthen legs and perform triple heart bypass surgery, complete with lobotomy and a separation of conjoined twins.

It's amazing that this forum allows such shameless advertising..

Kotiki, for the record, and not that it matters, Dr Jamal is of Palestinian origin. Palestine is not a recognised state and it would be difficult for him to operate there given the geo-political situation. Like most Palestinians, he settled in a foreign country. Don't forget that the original team consisted of Dr Dragan and Jamal. Dr Dragan was in my opinion the best (have a look at his bio if your want to know more about the man) and Dr Jamal trained with him until he sadly and tragically passed away in 2011.  You'll note Dr Dragan was an assistant of Professor Bliskunov who pioneered the internal nail for limb lengthening.

http://www.correction.kiev.ua/bonamed/dragan.htm

The fact that Dr Jamal does not return any hits on google only goes to show that he does not have any marketing of any sort behind him. The man is a real professional dedicated to his craft. He gets his patients mainly by word of mouth.

Once again, please don't join the other low lives in accusing me of advertising/promoting. I am here presenting information and I published my result. I am a finished article and I am not aware of any other who has posted photos and videos as I have, despite there being a few veteran LLers out there. Everyone is free to chose their doctor and location. If they should decide to come to Kiev and while I am here, I have offered my mentoring and support as I happen to know the formula for a successful outcome.

tlannister

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »

Thread is getting quite derailed. Instead of smearing a product, let's talk about its documented strengths.

Indeed, Precice is not cheap, but that is its only shortcoming. It's state of the art and FDA approved. It has countless research papers with doctors all around the world using the device. Doctors must be approved to use the device, and in some cases representatives from NuVasive will fly in to assist with surgery to make sure that everything goes right.

If you want a peace of mind that you're getting the same care and a predictable result, it's recommended to choose a doctor that offers Precice.
Do not post Abu Jamal off-topic thing here. Continue discussion @ http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9107.msg93453

Regular readers enter this thread to read more about Paley and Stryde. They will be dissapointed when they see the new posts are all about Abu.

@Mods please move any further post to that thread.

tlannister

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2018, 09:35:51 AM »

regarding Stryde I am a bit worried about the diameter sizes offered. Precice 2 had 8.5mm nails, Stryde doesnt offer that. starts on 10mm.
I think i have a small bone canals because my arm wrist is tiny.

Body Builder

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2018, 10:27:28 AM »

regarding Stryde I am a bit worried about the diameter sizes offered. Precice 2 had 8.5mm nails, Stryde doesnt offer that. starts on 10mm.
The vast majority of men can handle a 10mm nail.
And it is logical that it is at least 10mm as it is completely weight bearing.
However, for some men and women who can't handle it going to precise 2 is the only way. Still the results will be very good but they'll need more intensive pt as they won't walk and of course rehabilitation will be 2-3 months longer.

Leggs

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2018, 11:26:43 AM »

Kotiki

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »

Is there any way, apart from x-rays, to predict if your tibia are large enough for 10 mm Stryde?

Leggs

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »

Received some messages about this topic again. Here you go.

Below is Dr. Paley describing the progress of his PRECICE-STRYDE patients.

Leggs

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2018, 04:13:47 PM »

The topic of axial deviation is an important one that i don't see discussed very often, particularly when lengthening the tibia. The following information reflects another improvement when lengthening with STRYDE.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:31:07 PM by Leggs »

Android

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2018, 07:28:53 PM »

The topic of axial deviation is an important one that i don't see discussed very often, particularly when lengthening the tibia. The following information reflects another improvement when lengthening with STRYDE.

Agreed, and very informative. Was wondering how Precice avoided the correction phase. Thanks!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Pilor

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 05:55:51 AM »

So if the nail is fully weight bearing, why is it not possible to just walk normal after the surgery? Are there any other factors preventing walking normal?

Leggs

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »

A non union or failure to consolidate is a very serious complication that can lead to the need for bone graft surgery. Dr. Paley describes how since 2011 that problem has been eliminated in his practice with the release of PRECICE and now STRYDE. The ability of PRECICE & STRYDE to go in reverse is the key factor.

Petite888

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »

So if the nail is fully weight bearing, why is it not possible to just walk normal after the surgery? Are there any other factors preventing walking normal?

This is still very much an invasive surgery, even with STRYDE. Your bones have been broken, soft tissues, muscles sliced in about 5 different places. Even though the cuts may look minimal on the surface, remember that these cuts go bone deep! If you look at diary photos, a lot of people have massive bruises on the underside of their leg after surgery.

Pilor

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2018, 06:03:46 AM »

Thanks for your reply.
Please help me understand: The damage done to the soft tissue is preventing patients from walking.
If you can recover from the cuts done to the soft tissue (estimate 3 weeks), and if you have STRYDE, than you should walk pretty normal soon after surgery.

Petite888

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 08:23:08 AM »

Any time you are having any type of invasive surgery, say a Caesarean  section, or gall bladder removed the doc is going to recommend you rest for 6 weeks. (Generally no driving or heavy lifting) this is for the soft tissue to recover and if you don’t have IT band or similar releases that could take a lot longer.  Your legs need to be able to hold the weight of the rest of your body, on top of that the soft tissue is being damaged everyday by the stretching and at some point after 3cm, it may feel so tight, you can’t even keep your leg straight, let alone walk! This is why you shouldn’t, even with a weight bearing nail, think you can easily go back to a normal life after 3 weeks. Read lots of diaries and take heed. For sure STRYDE will make things better, but it’s going to be far from a walk in the park. I may self am planning to have surgery in November with STRYDE in Europe. Consultations done and surgery booked. Hopefully I will have the willpower to post a diary so that everyone can learn a little more about it.  Good luck on your own journey.....🙂

Messenger

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »

If I may ask, who’s the doctor in Europe that is offeri Stryde in November?
I thought no one is getting Stryde, except paley and Rozburch, until next year.

Petite888

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 12:05:27 AM »

His name is Dr Köhne in Munich. He will be one of the first 5 doctors to get STRYDE worldwide and has been using Precice for a number of years now. I went for a consultation with him a couple of weeks ago with another potential LL’er and he answered all of our questions adequately.  I will be writing a journal soon and hope to be able to keep it up throughout as many LL vets have done before me.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 04:37:47 AM »

His name is Dr Köhne in Munich. He will be one of the first 5 doctors to get STRYDE worldwide and has been using Precice for a number of years now. I went for a consultation with him a couple of weeks ago with another potential LL’er and he answered all of our questions adequately.  I will be writing a journal soon and hope to be able to keep it up throughout as many LL vets have done before me.
Thank you very much for information.  If you know could you tell us who are the other first 4 doctors to get Stryde?
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

Leggs

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2018, 04:45:41 PM »

I emailed Dr. Paley to ask if the STRYDE is having any problems and to check on the performance since he started using the nail in late May. His response below...

MirinHeight

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »

I emailed Dr. Paley to ask if the STRYDE is having any problems and to check on the performance since he started using the nail in late May. His response below...

great news. cant wait for the first stryde diary.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Leggs

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »

MyEvolution plans on starting a patient experience as a STRYDE patient of Dr. Paley next month, link to his patient experience below.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9104.msg93353#msg93353

noone

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2018, 05:48:43 PM »

any update of Stryde?

Messenger

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2018, 03:58:29 AM »

I have a consult with Dr Paley on September 04 (Tuesday).  I have my surgery booked for October 18 on femurs using Stryde:  If you have any questions you want me to ask Paley about Stryde or whatever let me know. 

Iamready

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »

It’s truly mind blowing seeing patients walk on their nails. What an incredible advancement.  Absolute game changer.

tlannister

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »

It’s truly mind blowing seeing patients walk on their nails. What an incredible advancement.  Absolute game changer.

have you seen them yourself? how is their walk btw, can it be "hidden" from normal people ie. returning to work 1 month post-op

Pilor

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »

have you seen them yourself? how is their walk btw, can it be "hidden" from normal people ie. returning to work 1 month post-op

great question! +1

Johnson1111

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »

That's amazing if true. Wish I could afford it without selling my soul.

Messenger

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2018, 06:58:26 PM »

I’m going to be going this Tuesday for my consult with paley.  Hopefully I’ll see some Stryde patients that are at different points of their lengthenjng so I can see how they actually walk and their thoughts on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up