Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nail Removal with Paley  (Read 1446 times)

Purushrottam

Nail Removal with Paley
« on: May 24, 2018, 01:30:32 AM »

Hey guys!

I've been having a relatively successful recovery so far. However I am a little worried about the nail removal after reading this diary (http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5319.0).

So apparently even 4 weeks after the removal, there are some mobility issues.

I'm curious if anyone on here has had their nails removed (with Paley specifically). I want to know how disruptive it is and how immobile you will be after. On the site it says that its a routine procedure.

I have my life getting back to normal now with a new job, new city, and new (and old) friends (and girlfriend yay :D). I don't think I can explain a 2-4 week bout of being crippled without giving myself away. I don't want to disrupt my life again.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Re: Nail Removal with Paley
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 05:07:09 PM »

John Robb (PA) said it's an outpatient procedure and you can walk right away, but no running or jumping for the next 6 weeks.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:41:31 PM »

Hey guys!

I've been having a relatively successful recovery so far. However I am a little worried about the nail removal after reading this diary (http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5319.0).

So apparently even 4 weeks after the removal, there are some mobility issues.

I'm curious if anyone on here has had their nails removed (with Paley specifically). I want to know how disruptive it is and how immobile you will be after. On the site it says that its a routine procedure.

I have my life getting back to normal now with a new job, new city, and new (and old) friends (and girlfriend yay :D). I don't think I can explain a 2-4 week bout of being crippled without giving myself away. I don't want to disrupt my life again.

honestly I think you'll be fine seriously the hard part is over now sure you might feel a little strange without the nails but like I said the hard part is over just curious but do you yourself have a diary of you LL experience

FormerKidd

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:01:32 PM »

John Robb (PA) said it's an outpatient procedure and you can walk right away, but no running or jumping for the next 6 weeks.
That's what I heard from someone else there, too.

But I don't think we've heard from anyone who's had it done at Paley's here (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm certainly interested to hear when your experience comes around, Puru.

Purushrottam

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 11:17:02 PM »

Wow thats very reassuring, guys. I will definitely keep updating my post up to nail removal and after.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:40:41 PM »

I just met today a guy who had had the rods removed this morning. He was walking slowly and with a sway but didn't need any assistance. His feet were pointing outward.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up