Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Scheduled for nail removal + honest feelings on LL  (Read 14285 times)

Microbe

Scheduled for nail removal + honest feelings on LL
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:34:18 AM »

I'm scheduled to remove my bilateral PRECICE 2 rods in the next several weeks. I won't disclose my doctor, country,age and height.
Frankly I feel absolutely fkn terrified, more so than the initial LL surgery. I guess the reason for this was that I was looking forward to the increase in height and I didn't really mind having the additional surgery to remove the rods, kinda dismissed it. Now the additional surgery/trauma to remove the rods feels nerve racking and making me quite depressed to have this procedure in the first place. Funny how views change over time. Pre-op I felt suicidal over my height and preoccupied with height and now height doesn't really bother me but this whole fukn additional trauma seems like a burden. My atheletic ability has decreased, get pain in my left leg after workouts, long walks or standing. I can't exactly pinpoint where the pain starts but it would gradually increase in intensity after feeling of tightness, despite me being quite flexible to begin with. The pain would  affect my whole left leg (including the lower leg and left hip). My surgery went well with slightly moderate lengthening, but I'm assuming it could be symptoms of arthritis which I accepted as a possible consequence pre-op. Although I must admit having possible arthritis within the 20-30 age range is fukn devastating. I'll be getting this confirmed when I have an examination with the doctor. I'd like to make people aware to really think hard about getting this surgery, ideal candidate would be a person who absolutely occupied with height and feels there's no way to continue living, with only two options: LL or suicide. That was the situation with me and I basically risked everything for get those few centimetres. Hence why I didn't really think about the additional nail removal at that time. Anything could happen with this surgery so plan for the worst case scenario. Don't blindly accept that everything will go alright with LL, I had this operation with a well reputed LL surgeon.   
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:04:07 AM by Microbe »

Android

Re: Scheduled for nail removal + feelings on LL
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:45:57 AM »

Congrats on making it this far. Around when did you have your first operation? Hopefully your pain subsides over time.

My two cents: I agree that you have to be tough to go through this elective surgery, but you don't have to be suicidal to be an ideal patient; some doctors might turn you away for that, since you'd be a liability (i.e. you'd find something to be upset about after it's all said and done). Perhaps it was hyperbole, but I doubt ideal patients with length discrepancies or even deformities are suicidal; it's case by case. That being said, I'm glad that height is no longer an issue for you.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Microbe

Re: Scheduled for nail removal + feelings on LL
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 03:14:13 AM »

Congrats on making it this far. Around when did you have your first operation? Hopefully your pain subsides over time.

My two cents: I agree that you have to be tough to go through this elective surgery, but you don't have to be suicidal to be an ideal patient; some doctors might turn you away for that, since you'd be a liability (i.e. you'd find something to be upset about after it's all said and done). Perhaps it was hyperbole, but I doubt ideal patients with length discrepancies or even deformities are suicidal; it's case by case. That being said, I'm glad that height is no longer an issue for you.

Android, thanks for the well wishes, really appreciate it. What I meant to say on the whole suicidal issue is purely based on height (height neurosis) and no other factors influencing it. But I agree that if other factors are involved in being suicidal =, then perhaps LL may not be the answer and doctors refusing the surgery. Hence why prospective patients should really ask themselves whether CLL will really resolve their insecurity, otherwise time and resources can be bwtter spent on other things. I also agree that LL relating discrepencies and deformaties that affect proper functions are medical conditions that need to be addressed. My post above relates to CLL.
I'll keep you guys updated on my overall experience with the nail removal and what the doctor thinks I may have that is causig pain in my left leg.

myloginacct

Re: Scheduled for nail removal + honest feelings on LL
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 03:33:54 AM »

Hey, man. I hope things get better for you, and I'm glad at least your height neurosis is out of the way now.

You mentioned you didn't want to disclose your height, but could you please disclose the amount you lengthened? You described it as slightly moderate lengthening. I think it'd be important for all of us to know that many issues can still occur even if you lengthen sensibly, in case you feel comfortable sharing that information. CLL is no joke.

Thank you, and well wishes.

Android

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 03:37:59 AM »

Appreciate the clarification, Microbe. If everything else in your life is going well but your height has got you down, CLL is definitely an option.

Like Dr. Paley once said, "it's one of the few psychologic-psychiatric disorders that you can actually cure with the knife."
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Microbe

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 03:43:20 AM »

Hey, man. I hope things get better for you, and I'm glad at least your height neurosis is out of the way now.

You mentioned you didn't want to disclose your height, but could you please disclose the amount you lengthened? You described it as slightly moderate lengthening. I think it'd be important for all of us to know that many issues can still occur even if you lengthen sensibly, in case you feel comfortable sharing that information. CLL is no joke.

Thank you, and well wishes.
Thanks for the wishes loginacct!
I lengthened around 6cm. on both legs.

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 04:04:55 AM »

Thanks for the wishes loginacct!
I lengthened around 6cm. on both legs.

Was there a point where you felt everything became harder during the lengthening, like above a certain centimeter?

I may lower my lengthening goals after seeing so many of the problems people have here.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 04:25:54 AM »

I hate the fact that a lot of past LL'ers leave the forum and never return... In the diaries you see after the surgery they talk about losing a lot of athletic ability and feeling some form of leg pain, but then they leave and never come back to tell you if it was resolved. I've yet to hear one glowing, positive review of this whole thing.. Yeah there was Virtruvian man or whatever but he honestly seemed way too friendly with Paley...

There is always a negative, and it seems like there always will be, no matter internal, external, top doctor, low doctor, etc... You just can't mess with the biomechanics of the legs so harshly and expect to be fine.

I'm going into it fully expecting the worse, I expect to move like a damn grandpa-young Forrest Gump (when he had to wear those braces) for the rest of my life and probably will be incapable of walking more than 10 miles a day without feeling pain, that's probably going to be the reality. As long as I don't feel constant knee pain at all times (even without walking, just resting), that's fine. That's my biggest concert.

Android

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 05:03:54 AM »

I know what you mean Cap. I think it's a case of out of sight, out of mind. Like many say near the end, they no longer think about height anymore. The world will move on even without updating the diary, and there's no incentive to do so. There's plenty of negativity and conspiracy here, so I don't blame them if they don't find it fun to visit. At least a few come back and update us once in a while.

I recommend looking through research papers on CLL, since at least those have surveys a few years after consolidation. We don't get the closure of our own community members, but there's value in their objectivity.

Myexperience

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 11:45:20 AM »

I hate the fact that a lot of past LL'ers leave the forum and never return... In the diaries you see after the surgery they talk about losing a lot of athletic ability and feeling some form of leg pain, but then they leave and never come back to tell you if it was resolved. I've yet to hear one glowing, positive review of this whole thing.. Yeah there was Virtruvian man or whatever but he honestly seemed way too friendly with Paley...

There is always a negative, and it seems like there always will be, no matter internal, external, top doctor, low doctor, etc... You just can't mess with the biomechanics of the legs so harshly and expect to be fine.

I'm going into it fully expecting the worse, I expect to move like a damn grandpa-young Forrest Gump (when he had to wear those braces) for the rest of my life and probably will be incapable of walking more than 10 miles a day without feeling pain, that's probably going to be the reality. As long as I don't feel constant knee pain at all times (even without walking, just resting), that's fine. That's my biggest concert.
they leave because u accuse ppl u never met of mental illness. And i accuse u now of attacking my husband and me because our language is not perfect. Dont ever attack me or my hubbie again. I do stand up for myself. I attack no one if they dont harm me or my family. So i dont like u i dont need u to like me' never ever talk to me or my husband this way, have a dull day . Pissbeer.

Body Builder

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 12:00:01 PM »

I'm scheduled to remove my bilateral PRECICE 2 rods in the next several weeks. I won't disclose my doctor, country,age and height.
Frankly I feel absolutely fkn terrified, more so than the initial LL surgery. I guess the reason for this was that I was looking forward to the increase in height and I didn't really mind having the additional surgery to remove the rods, kinda dismissed it. Now the additional surgery/trauma to remove the rods feels nerve racking and making me quite depressed to have this procedure in the first place. Funny how views change over time. Pre-op I felt suicidal over my height and preoccupied with height and now height doesn't really bother me but this whole fukn additional trauma seems like a burden. My atheletic ability has decreased, get pain in my left leg after workouts, long walks or standing. I can't exactly pinpoint where the pain starts but it would gradually increase in intensity after feeling of tightness, despite me being quite flexible to begin with. The pain would  affect my whole left leg (including the lower leg and left hip). My surgery went well with slightly moderate lengthening, but I'm assuming it could be symptoms of arthritis which I accepted as a possible consequence pre-op. Although I must admit having possible arthritis within the 20-30 age range is fukn devastating. I'll be getting this confirmed when I have an examination with the doctor. I'd like to make people aware to really think hard about getting this surgery, ideal candidate would be a person who absolutely occupied with height and feels there's no way to continue living, with only two options: LL or suicide. That was the situation with me and I basically risked everything for get those few centimetres. Hence why I didn't really think about the additional nail removal at that time. Anything could happen with this surgery so plan for the worst case scenario. Don't blindly accept that everything will go alright with LL, I had this operation with a well reputed LL surgeon.   
I can't understamd why you are so pessimistic.
Nail removal is not a hard surgery and yes it will be painful for a few days but after about a months you'll be completely painless and better than you are now.

And finally, if your bone alignment is good and taken in mind that you havent lengthened too much, oremature arthritis is not very possible, but yes, we risk a bigger danger than a normal person who never did LL.
But I think you should become more optimist. Never thinking about height again and never suffer from social drawbacks that short men face (which are small to huge the shorter you are) is more important for me than risking premature arthritis some time which still can be fixed in a major degree.

I hope your surgery will be successful and move on thinking more positive..

Microbe

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »

Was there a point where you felt everything became harder during the lengthening, like above a certain centimeter?

I may lower my lengthening goals after seeing so many of the problems people have here.
0-2 cm = Extremely painful (required medication routinely)
2-5 cm = Relatively easier but still painful
5-6 = Thigh muscles started getting tighter, especially quads. Physio involving quads was a complete torture.
So overall the "middle" phase of the LL process was relatively easier. Low lengthening goals is a smart choice.

I think alot of them just move on with their lives and don't like to think about height and LL in general. I'll be honest but I do think that being in LL forums will further fuel height neurosis, even after successful CLL surgeries. I, for example, would be considered average on the global height scale, yet reading some of the topics will bring back insecurities. So yeah most LL veterans just move on and don't look back at where they started from. However I do understand your point of prospective CLL patients being frustrated of never hearing from the veterans, I was in that exact same situation as you. Some veterans may also choose not to continue posting on forums due to negative outcomes and fear of repercussions from doctors and members.
For me, I have mixed emotions with the CLL outcome so far. That 6cm has boost my confidence tremendously, despite still being below average in my country. A boost in self esteem has made me feel and appear better. No longer wearing those uncomfortable shoe inserts and walking barefeet is now possible without too much thoughts into height. However the negative consequence so far is the pain that is associated with the left leg and the possibility of being arthritis or some other chronic condition that maybe due to CLL itself. Medication does settle the pain so I do see a bit of positive there, but risk of the pain increasing over time and requiring stronger medication dose or medication no longer working is extremely disconcerting.
I can't understamd why you are so pessimistic.
Nail removal is not a hard surgery and yes it will be painful for a few days but after about a months you'll be completely painless and better than you are now.

And finally, if your bone alignment is good and taken in mind that you havent lengthened too much, oremature arthritis is not very possible, but yes, we risk a bigger danger than a normal person who never did LL.
But I think you should become more optimist. Never thinking about height again and never suffer from social drawbacks that short men face (which are small to huge the shorter you are) is more important for me than risking premature arthritis some time which still can be fixed in a major degree.

I hope your surgery will be successful and move on thinking more positive..
Thanks Bodybuilder for the encouraging post and the well wishes! Yeah I try to be positive and I'm hoping that the nail removal itself would decrease or remove the pain altogether. But I'll admit that news of some underlying chronic condition like arthritis is what's getting me upset, and perhaps assuming that it's arthritis is making me prepared for the worst case scenario. Otherwise I'm really happy for my new height and the boost in esteem.

Android

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 04:47:52 PM »

I can understand CLL forums fueling height neurosis. Discussions about ideal height is common, and you see plenty of guys going through CLL with a starting height that's higher than yours. Sometimes you have to log out and count your blessings. Take /r/short, you'd think it's a subreddit about short people supporting each other, but it's mostly a miserable pity party (there's a reason /r/averageheight doesn't exist -- nothing to talk about).

I agree with Body Builder too, nail removal is no big deal compared to what you've gone through. You'll be walking unassisted in a day, even if a little sore.

myloginacct

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »

Ideal height is 6'3, the average in the Philippines nowadays. If you're shorter than that, women won't even look at you, and you'll never get raises or promotions, much less a job.

Sarcasm aside, yeah. If you have or ever had height neurosis, stay away from places full of incels and incel-types who like to post stupid stories and memes about it. I know personally it's hard, but your height doesn't have to be everything in your life.

I posted this image in another thread, and I'll post it again here:

Grieg was significantly under the average for his location, familial wealth and ancestry (Norway), but that did not stop him from anything. With some types we have on the internet today, some people would have told him nasty things ("kill yourself") about himself due to his height.

Never stopped him from anything.

Him and his wife (guess who was taller).

0-2 cm = Extremely painful (required medication routinely)
2-5 cm = Relatively easier but still painful
5-6 = Thigh muscles started getting tighter, especially quads. Physio involving quads was a complete torture.
So overall the "middle" phase of the LL process was relatively easier. Low lengthening goals is a smart choice.

Thank you, Microbe. I will keep 5cm as the most I'd do, and I will try to be content with less than that.

Microbe

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 07:37:00 PM »

Ideal height is 6'3, the average in the Philippines nowadays. If you're shorter than that, women won't even look at you, and you'll never get raises or promotions, much less a job.

Sarcasm aside, yeah. If you have or ever had height neurosis, stay away from places full of incels and incel-types who like to post stupid stories and memes about it. I know personally it's hard, but your height doesn't have to be everything in your life.

Grieg was significantly under the average for his location, familial wealth and ancestry (Norway), but that did not stop him from anything. With some types we have on the internet today, some people would have told him nasty things ("kill yourself") about himself due to his height.

Thank you, Microbe. I will keep 5cm as the most I'd do, and I will try to be content with less than that.
I can understand CLL forums fueling height neurosis. Discussions about ideal height is common, and you see plenty of guys going through CLL with a starting height that's higher than yours. Sometimes you have to log out and count your blessings. Take /r/short, you'd think it's a subreddit about short people supporting each other, but it's mostly a miserable pity party (there's a reason /r/averageheight doesn't exist -- nothing to talk about).

I agree with Body Builder too, nail removal is no big deal compared to what you've gone through. You'll be walking unassisted in a day, even if a little sore.
My social life was nearly non-existent prior CLL. I was too preoccupied with height and how people would negatively view me as a person. This constant perception of myself and few remarks of my height from people led me to live a life as an almost recluse, "modern day hermit" or the term "hikikomori". I would hardly go out of the house, lost touch with many friends and the only time I left my house was to get food, grocery shopping, university etc... One of the strongest factors for getting CLL in the first place is to attract the opposite sxx, mainly true with males. Lurking in these forums, alongside with reddit and so called "scientific websites" etc...I was conditioned to believe that a male must be over "so and so" height to attract females...However after my post-CLL, I was extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY!) surprised at how people shorter than me were dating very beautiful women. In fact, some of the women were slightly taller than the men (note:I live in one of the top 5 tallest countries for males). This made me question the "shiit " that people read on these sites. Yes I do believe that being taller will make life more comfortable and easy, however one should not go into thinking "X height is required/mandatory into getting a perfect partner, job" whatever these sites make you believe. My advice is not to lurk around the social aspects on this forum and stay away short people reddit. Majority of them are filled with depressed people or just trolls that get a temporary boost by feeding on the insecurities of short people. Purely concentrate on the medical aspect of CLL and keep on asking yourself whether those few cm's will truly change your life. Reflecting back, I wish I had stayed away from these short reddits, forums and the off topic section from these LL forums and enjoyed life during my younger days since many short people that I've known after my CLL have proven my former thoughts wrong. Android and myloginacct I wish you all the best on your journey to becoming more happy. 

Android

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 08:36:42 PM »

Ha, yes! I am totally inside my apartment all the time if I don't get invited by friends to do anything.

I don't attribute this to my height of course; I had an upbringing in which I kept moving around and losing friends, so I learned to entertain myself. I'm also quite frugal, so that also plays a role too. Leaving the house feels like a chore after a while; the internet has made my hikikomori lifestyle much more convenient.

But I do actually have a great time once I leave the house. Got plans this weekend, so pretty pumped about that. Hopefully I can be more outgoing in the near future.

To wrap up, if I'm going to be a hermit, I'd rather be a taller hermit.

myloginacct

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »

My social life was nearly non-existent prior CLL. I was too preoccupied with height and how people would negatively view me as a person. This constant perception of myself and few remarks of my height from people led me to live a life as an almost recluse, "modern day hermit" or the term "hikikomori". I would hardly go out of the house, lost touch with many friends and the only time I left my house was to get food, grocery shopping, university etc... One of the strongest factors for getting CLL in the first place is to attract the opposite sxx, mainly true with males. Lurking in these forums, alongside with reddit and so called "scientific websites" etc...I was conditioned to believe that a male must be over "so and so" height to attract females...However after my post-CLL, I was extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY!) surprised at how people shorter than me were dating very beautiful women. In fact, some of the women were slightly taller than the men (note:I live in one of the top 5 tallest countries for males). This made me question the "shiit " that people read on these sites. Yes I do believe that being taller will make life more comfortable and easy, however one should not go into thinking "X height is required/mandatory into getting a perfect partner, job" whatever these sites make you believe. My advice is not to lurk around the social aspects on this forum and stay away short people reddit. Majority of them are filled with depressed people or just trolls that get a temporary boost by feeding on the insecurities of short people. Purely concentrate on the medical aspect of CLL and keep on asking yourself whether those few cm's will truly change your life. Reflecting back, I wish I had stayed away from these short reddits, forums and the off topic section from these LL forums and enjoyed life during my younger days since many short people that I've known after my CLL have proven my former thoughts wrong. Android and myloginacct I wish you all the best on your journey to becoming more happy.

I've told this story here before, but my most successful friend with women is around 166cm. His friends are all over 180cm.

All the people who think "you need to be X height to 'get' women" tend to think of women as objects, and not people, so they do tend to do rather poorly in that aspect of life. Which is not to say height is not important (we are here after all; we've read some studies), but there's always two sides to a coin.

Pains from CLL aside, I hope you're living a happier life now, Microbe. Considering you've mentioned you live in one of the tallest countries in the world, you were probably not that short to begin with. Enjoy being tall or above average now when you travel outside of Europe and North America!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:47:28 PM by myloginacct »

Microbe

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 02:13:55 AM »

I've told this story here before, but my most successful friend with women is around 166cm. His friends are all over 180cm.

Haha this guys sounds exactly like a friend of mine. Similar height, great down to earth personality and very humble, yet he manages to attract women that are taller than him. Just an overall charismatic person.   

All the people who think "you need to be X height to 'get' women" tend to think of women as objects, and not people, so they do tend to do rather poorly in that aspect of life. Which is not to say height is not important (we are here after all; we've read some studies), but there's always two sides to a coin.
I guess the same can be said for women that say a men has to be of "X" height. 
Pains from CLL aside, I hope you're living a happier life now, Microbe. Considering you've mentioned you live in one of the tallest countries in the world, you were probably not that short to begin with. Enjoy being tall or above average now when you travel outside of Europe and North America!
I'm in the 5'7-5'8 range in a country where the average is around 5'11 lol. Even though the difference may appear large, I don't feel too short at all and I've never been called short after my CLL. It is common to see people around the same height as me or slightly taller and I could blend into crowds without appearing too short. 

myloginacct

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »

Haha this guys sounds exactly like a friend of mine. Similar height, great down to earth personality and very humble, yet he manages to attract women that are taller than him. Just an overall charismatic person.

Charisma, intelligence and empathy go a reaaaally long way if you're looking for relationships and not just trying to "score" nightclub girls.

I'm in the 5'7-5'8 range in a country where the average is around 5'11 lol. Even though the difference may appear large, I don't feel too short at all and I've never been called short after my CLL. It is common to see people around the same height as me or slightly taller and I could blend into crowds without appearing too short.

That's awesome. Keep up that positivity. 171cm was among the tallest average heights in the world a century ago, so definitely don't feel short. It's just that people in those tallest countries reached their genetic potential.

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »

As long as I don't feel constant knee pain at all times (even without walking, just resting), that's fine. That's my biggest concert.

Sweden complains about small aches, and the risk of early hip/knee arthritis is extremely real.

You need to take that into account too.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »

That's awesome. Keep up that positivity. 171cm was among the tallest average heights in the world a century ago, so definitely don't feel short.

Although I agree that 171cm is not socially short, your reason for why he should feel good, is one of the stupidiest things I have heard
I learned some stuff during this time

myloginacct

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »

Although I agree that 171cm is not socially short, your reason for why he should feel good, is one of the stupidiest things I have heard

Uh, where did I mention that he should feel good?

Thank you for your contribution, I guess. I'll be sure to be more mindful so as to not make the "stupidiest" posts someone on a CLL forum has ever read.

Microbe

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 06:04:52 PM »

That's awesome. Keep up that positivity. 171cm was among the tallest average heights in the world a century ago, so definitely don't feel short. It's just that people in those tallest countries reached their genetic potential.
Although I agree that 171cm is not socially short
For me I'm happy to be around the global average height and being around 171cm I actually don't feel short at all. I could have gone for tibia LL but decided against it. I don't want to put myself into further stress and trauma. Personally I feel that the risks outweigh the benefit of doing another LL surgery at this height. I've already fked up my legs enough already lol. I reckon I've traded my atheletic ability for the several cm's. I'm not too happy about it but this is something that I had accepted and willing to trade for a boost in self esteem. Running and jogging feels very unnatural and I can't continoulsly jog as I did before without taking a break in between, around 100m on average. Long distance walking seems fine, but then my knees start feeling tight and gradually my left leg starts becoming painful. I don't know if it's the rods that is causing this or some underlying condition due to CLL. I'm hoping the doctor will be able to figure it out.
Sweden complains about small aches, and the risk of early hip/knee arthritis is extremely real.
You need to take that into account too.

This is absolutely correct. I rmember reading Sweden's experience during his CLL and post-CLL and I remember him mentioning about his aches. I kinda dismissed this due to him having surgery with Dr.Sarin and thinking if I go to a well experienced doctor I would avoid such problems. Unfortunately this is not the case for me. 

myloginacct

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »

I think things may get better a couple years after the rods have already been removed. Gotta consult with the best doctors and be optimistic.

And I'm glad you feel satisfied with your new height.

Knik

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2018, 06:34:40 PM »

classic fm are really doing that kind of things ... that's ... pitiful
whatever you will do in your life people will always rank yourself according to your height, they are giving so much to that (anglo-saxon societies)
and looking at pictures I would never have guess that Rachmaninov was 6'6 http://www.oocities.org/vienna/strasse/6145/rach13.jpg https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/61224648/tatyana-sergeyevna-conus#view-photo=35267790
he looks about the same than Jacques Tati who was 187 cm according to an interview with Jacques Chancel
by the way the best looking musician was Alban Berg and he was quite tall
https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/356628864217148382/
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 10:48:47 AM »

I find Liszt the best looking of them all, but I might be biased.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:54:41 AM by myloginacct »

Bon_Voyage

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 06:38:29 AM »

lets go back to the time before you did, now that you have gone through LL with all the experience. Would you have done it?

Microbe

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 07:00:36 AM »

lets go back to the time before you did, now that you have gone through LL with all the experience. Would you have done it?
At this current moment when I'm not in pain, yes, I think the extra cm has boosted my self esteem. But there are times when I do question whether it was really worth it, especially when I'm in pain and thinking whether the underlying condition maybe premature arthritis. I also fear that the additional trauma from the rod removal may exacerbate the condition. So yeah my honest opinion is that there are times when I'm pleased with the result and there are those times when I'm not.

myloginacct

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »

At this current moment when I'm not in pain, yes, I think the extra cm has boosted my self esteem. But there are times when I do question whether it was really worth it, especially when I'm in pain and thinking whether the underlying condition maybe premature arthritis. I also fear that the additional trauma from the rod removal may exacerbate the condition. So yeah my honest opinion is that there are times when I'm pleased with the result and there are those times when I'm not.

Hey Microbe, I realize this is a... tall request, but could you maybe come back in a year or two and make a thread like this again, after you already had your nails removed? I'd be curious if there was any change in the oscillation of your thoughts as to whether CLL was or wasn't worth it. It's also completely understandable if you don't, and just want to forget about all this.

Thank you for still reporting back even once.

Microbe

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2018, 03:48:06 AM »

Hey Microbe, I realize this is a... tall request, but could you maybe come back in a year or two and make a thread like this again, after you already had your nails removed? I'd be curious if there was any change in the oscillation of your thoughts as to whether CLL was or wasn't worth it. It's also completely understandable if you don't, and just want to forget about all this.

Thank you for still reporting back even once.
Yes I'll keep you guys updated.

Microbe

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 10:18:23 PM »

-Had a appointment with the doctor
-No signs of premature arthritis, however mechanical alignment of femur/tibia suggest future risk of arthritis, common consequence of CLL
-Slight bow legs of tibia, solution would be the use of external fixation which I'm absolutely hesitant. I may look into this in the future.
-Doctor believes pain is not likely cause of nail and nail removal will no resolve the pain
-Most likely cause of pain is due to loss of muscle mass, especially quads, which has caused "imbalance" and loss of endurance
-Will see a physio therapist tomorrow to prescribe strengthening exercises and see whether the pain improves
-Doctor does not really see the necessity in removing PRECICE2 rods since the x-rays show no issue with the nail itself. he believes there are two sides of nail removal. The advantage of removing the nail is that in case of future accidental trauma, there is a risk of breaking the bone below the nail and in that case nail removal would be quite a challenge. Secondly, in the future if there is a need of removing the nail, with the current pace of evolving technologies, it maybe hard to obtain outdated instruments to remove the old rods. I asked about the motorised nail and he said they look all fine and doesn't see any issue in staying there. He also pointed out the disadvantage of removing the nail, which is that it's an invasive surgery and there is always an risk of additional trauma.
-So doctor has currently prescribed intensive physio, along with orthotics since my left leg is 1.5 cm shorter. I was surprised since I thought it was around 1cm shorter. This may also be the reason for my left leg being more painful.
-Overall I'm happy that it's currently not premature arthritis, however the shift in the mechanical axis with the load going through the medial section of the knee joint is a bit of a concern. I will start physio and orthotics tomorrow and hopefully that will decrease or even better get rid of my pain. If that does not resolve the pain then the doctor will do another re-evaluation and possible nail removal.
-Doctor has confirmed I lengthened around 6.5 cm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up