Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rozbruch- Internal Femurs with Stryde  (Read 25145 times)

tiggy

Re: Rozbruch- Internal Femurs with Stryde
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2020, 03:55:35 AM »

My fellow LLers,

Its been about 2 months since my last update so I figured to drop a new post for anyone interested in my progress so far.

I am happy to report that going back to the gym on a full time basis (5-6 days a week) has really done wonders for me.  I am now able to go up and down the stairs without holding on to the rails.  Most of the time I still hold on just for balance's sake but its feeling more and more normal as days progress.  I was also on vacation recently and I was able to swim without any issues.  The only thing I have not done yet is jogging/running and jumping. Dr. R hasn't cleared me for these activities yet but I will be seeing him again in couple of months and I will update the forum again at that time.

My gait has also improved tremendously and I am not tilting to the side as much, if at all.  I think the tilting begins when the legs get tired after walking for some time.  I am also rebuilding my stamina and each day I am able to walk longer distances before I break a sweat!

Getting through LL recovery is very trying and demands dedication and lots of patience.  However, the benefits outweigh all of that, at least for me.  So for those going through LL now and reading, keep your head up and fight on!

Thats all for now, I will post again in couple of months and update you guys on the latest X-rays.  Be well.  Cheers!

TheAlchemist

« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2020, 05:23:33 AM »

Love reading updates like these! Awesome outcome man!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

tiggy

« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2020, 06:29:42 PM »

Love reading updates like these! Awesome outcome man!

Thanks for reading bro. Hope you are doing good as well!

Movie

« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2020, 09:09:33 PM »

Congrats tiggy! glad to hear some significant improvements, it can only get better from here  ;)
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

tiggy

« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »

Congrats tiggy! glad to hear some significant improvements, it can only get better from here  ;)

Thanks Movie,

Very true my man! My shins are still numb so I am hoping that recovery process picks up faster because that is the last major point of concern for me at the moment. I know numbness is improving but the process is extremely slow.  Did you have numbness in your shins, and if so, has it improved significantly?

TheAlchemist

« Reply #222 on: March 11, 2020, 02:49:05 PM »

Thanks Movie,

Very true my man! My shins are still numb so I am hoping that recovery process picks up faster because that is the last major point of concern for me at the moment. I know numbness is improving but the process is extremely slow.  Did you have numbness in your shins, and if so, has it improved significantly?

Hey Tiggy, wanted to chime in on my side, I still have numbness in my left shin. I'm a week away from approaching 6 months post op. It's probably the one thing that reminds me about LL throughout the day. Really hoping it resolves itself soon although on the bright side it seems like it gets progressively better each week. The frustrating thing is there's nothing I can actively do to accelerate the resolution.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2020, 06:06:04 PM »

Hey Tiggy, wanted to chime in on my side, I still have numbness in my left shin. I'm a week away from approaching 6 months post op. It's probably the one thing that reminds me about LL throughout the day. Really hoping it resolves itself soon although on the bright side it seems like it gets progressively better each week. The frustrating thing is there's nothing I can actively do to accelerate the resolution.

That's curious. Why do you guys have numbness in the shin if you did femurs? Is that common in Stryde patients or just some cases?

TheAlchemist

« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2020, 08:33:19 PM »

That's curious. Why do you guys have numbness in the shin if you did femurs? Is that common in Stryde patients or just some cases?

Nerves running up and down our entire legs are stretched as the femur is lengthened causing nerve irritability in the form of occasional sharp 'electric shock' type pains and numbness. While at Paley's I would say nearly half of the CLL femur patients experienced some form of nerve pain or numbness, typically around the shin area.

Movie

« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2020, 11:04:10 PM »

Thanks Movie,

Wow I'm surprised you and Alchemist still suffer from the shin numbness and pains. I myself stopped suffering from those about a week in consolidation I'd say it was 90% gone, and after a month I had even forgot about that, It wasn't until 2 weeks ago I played a bit of soccer and hurt my hip as I was kicked the ball, that the shin pains came back but very slight nothing compared to how they were during distraction... continue stretching as much as possible, muscle stretches faster than soft tissue, but eventually It'll catch up and hopefully disappear the numbness and pains.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

TheAlchemist

« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2020, 04:08:33 AM »

Wow I'm surprised you and Alchemist still suffer from the shin numbness and pains. I myself stopped suffering from those about a week in consolidation I'd say it was 90% gone, and after a month I had even forgot about that, It wasn't until 2 weeks ago I played a bit of soccer and hurt my hip as I was kicked the ball, that the shin pains came back but very slight nothing compared to how they were during distraction... continue stretching as much as possible, muscle stretches faster than soft tissue, but eventually It'll catch up and hopefully disappear the numbness and pains.

That's probably it, I've been slackin on the stretching and PT lately. I gotta get back on my grind!

tiggy

« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2020, 05:43:39 PM »

Thanks for chiming in guys. Well I don't have pains in the shins at all. Its only the numbness that's really annoying.

Movie, im glad you have none of the numbness anymore. I really attribute your awesome recovery to your age. You are very lucky to have been able to get this over with at your age. Not only is the recovery much easier but you get to enjoy it for much longer than us dudes in our 30s. Enjoy it brother!

Alchemist, your recovery is also impressive. You only have numbness in one leg and you are only about 6 months post op. In couple of months I'll be hitting 1yr! Honestly I don't even expect all the numbness to go away until another yr for me.

I haven't told you guys yet but I'm seriously considering tibias sometime end of this yr or beginning of next. And I know that with tibias usually people get numbness behind the shins (my numbness now is at the front portion of my tibias). So added numbness from tibias would literally turn all of my tibs numb. Should I go forward with the tibs, I'm just hoping this numbness improves significantly until then!

I've tried searching the forum for recent tibia diaries but I can't seem to find any internal tibia diaries (except for MyEvolutions diary). If you guys come across some, please send them my way!

Dreamer57

« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2020, 10:35:19 PM »

Thanks for chiming in guys. Well I don't have pains in the shins at all. Its only the numbness that's really annoying.

Movie, im glad you have none of the numbness anymore. I really attribute your awesome recovery to your age. You are very lucky to have been able to get this over with at your age. Not only is the recovery much easier but you get to enjoy it for much longer than us dudes in our 30s. Enjoy it brother!

Alchemist, your recovery is also impressive. You only have numbness in one leg and you are only about 6 months post op. In couple of months I'll be hitting 1yr! Honestly I don't even expect all the numbness to go away until another yr for me.

I haven't told you guys yet but I'm seriously considering tibias sometime end of this yr or beginning of next. And I know that with tibias usually people get numbness behind the shins (my numbness now is at the front portion of my tibias). So added numbness from tibias would literally turn all of my tibs numb. Should I go forward with the tibs, I'm just hoping this numbness improves significantly until then!

I've tried searching the forum for recent tibia diaries but I can't seem to find any internal tibia diaries (except for MyEvolutions diary). If you guys come across some, please send them my way!

Hey man.....wanted to ask you about your current athletic status? Can you run, walk like pre op?....

Are you fitting in the normal world like nothing ever happened....except that numbness....

I hope the numbness goes away soon!
Best wishes!!!!

TheAlchemist

« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2020, 02:41:38 AM »

That's exciting news man. Best of luck on the tibias journey! Here are a few stryde tibia diaries:

Superusercj: Did stryde femurs initially and came back for stryde tibias. Met him at Paleys, cool dude, successful outcome with both femurs and tibias.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9286.0

Shortlivesmatter:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9956.0

tiggy

« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2020, 04:22:58 AM »

That's exciting news man. Best of luck on the tibias journey! Here are a few stryde tibia diaries:

Superusercj: Did stryde femurs initially and came back for stryde tibias. Met him at Paleys, cool dude, successful outcome with both femurs and tibias.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9286.0

Shortlivesmatter:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9956.0

Awesome thanks. Will check these diaries out. And thanks for the best wishes bro, means a lot. Once there are new developments on tibia front, I will definitely keep you all posted. Until then be safe and well!

ru

« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2020, 04:30:27 AM »

Awesome thanks. Will check these diaries out. And thanks for the best wishes bro, means a lot. Once there are new developments on tibia front, I will definitely keep you all posted. Until then be safe and well!

'tibia front' now thats a pun.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2020, 05:47:21 PM »

tiggy, reading this diary was like watching a drama. Things start okay, get good, then crash down into hell, then slowly but surely improve, and then very satisfying ending. I was so worried before you had to do the accordion method. I'm so happy for you. Life is just starting now for you. God bless you tiggy, you're an inspiration.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

tiggy

« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2020, 06:00:20 AM »

tiggy, reading this diary was like watching a drama. Things start okay, get good, then crash down into hell, then slowly but surely improve, and then very satisfying ending. I was so worried before you had to do the accordion method. I'm so happy for you. Life is just starting now for you. God bless you tiggy, you're an inspiration.

Hey man,

I appreciate the kind words and thank you for reading. I will be posting a new update in a few weeks once I see my dr for X-ray follow ups. Stay tuned and be safe!

Silzz

• Visitor
« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2020, 08:27:18 AM »

tiggy man your post is so helpful as I also plan to do Stryde with Dr. R in the next few years. One question though you mentioned that your insurance doesn't cover much for the procedure, I was wondering what insurance company you have?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2020, 09:35:42 PM »

Tiggy are you still planning Tibias like you said or did covid ruin everything.

This is one of my favoritest diaries. Twas my First time seeing accordion method on the forum to successfully aid slow callus growth. Also one of the rare Rozbruch diaries out there
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2021, 07:37:24 PM »

Hi Tiggy, any update on how the bone growth went and overall quality of life?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up