Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear future limb lengthener, I just finished my LL  (Read 6837 times)

ned_flanders

Dear future limb lengthener, I just finished my LL
« on: May 20, 2019, 08:44:01 PM »

This is going to be unpopular, but its meant for future patients. Not for the current crop, so please stay outside of this thread. Thank you  ;D

Dear future limb lengthener,

Today I finished 5.5cm in femur with Stryde (the ERC is gen1) with no pain. And I am not sure it was worth it. But that doesn’t mean LL is not worth it for you!
I live in a western country where the average height is around 5’11 for males. I am now around 5’7. So I was well under average before and am still under average (for my age group 25-30)
I breezed through LL, and probably came out unscathed (one doesn’t know if arthritis will occur 5-10-20 years down the road). Compared to many of the diaries on here I had 10/10 LL-experience. I find myself lucky so far.

I was a very happy person before LL. I did not struggle in any aspect of my life, was surrounded by caring family, plenty of friends and everything else. The only thing that nagged me was, what if the height neurosis I had before, returned later in life and tore me apart? By then I would probably have had settled down, formed my own family and it would be too late to do this surgery.
Because of this “limbo” phase which lasted many years, I always backed out of relationships when it got too serious. I was afraid of losing the opportunity to do LL.

I am not going to blame my decision entirely on this community but I did a mistake believing the information on this forum. Thinking the people who did LL and wrote diary were like me. In the beginning you will think a lot of former/current LLers are just like the average person on the street. People just like you. And you kind of empathize with their stories of height discrimination and when you see their outcome the first thing you think is: “I am also going to LL now”. But it’s a deception. It’s mostly sugarcoated lies written by social outcasts with severe body dysmorphic disorder. I don’t want to start explaining why it’s a deception because it would be 10 pages long with personal attacks and mockery of other members. It is not meaningful at this point. And it’s futile, there will always be someone who doesn’t see anything wrong with a post-op patient not being able to jump more than 20 cm off ground 5 years into recovery. Why bother?

I am disappointed I fell for this deception. I am disappointed I didn’t love my body as it were. I blame myself too. When I joined the old forum many years ago I initially wanted 8 cm on femur and maybe some in tibia. Gradually I became aware of the risks and also the lies told by people who did extreme lengthening like Apotheosis, Tall, Crazy+6, Greekster etc.

Apotheosis/Shahn is a particular case that deserves mention because of the element of deception. Many people on this forum genuinely believe he is normal after 20cm lengthening. The weird poses on benches, angled photos on Instagram, oversized t-shirts and pants rings no bells here. A person like Apo who has undergone 9+ cosmetic surgeries is naturally obsessed with appearance. Ask yourself if a person like this would post an unflattering picture of himself?  When I hear someone say “If Apo can look that good, I can lengthen 2x too”, it infuriates me. I feel so helpless, I can see the deception but no words will convince the person to see through it. That is how I feel on this forum. I feel like an insane person yelling out. After a while I have come to understanding that it’s just waste of time explaining or trying to convince. In best case I may save one or two, then a new batch of vertically challenged freshmen arrive on the forum only to repeat the same damn thing. Seeing people cross-lengthen, overlengthen, going to Russia/India and suffer as a consequence should not make anyone happy, but it certainly made me come to the conclusion that this is the way ruthless nature works. The less intelligent will get hurt and hopefully be weeded out of the gene pool of the future.

My spidey sense was telling me something was off about this community, hence me changing my goals. From 2 LLs to telling my surgeon I only wanted 6.5cm. Then we agreed on 6 cm. But to minimize the risk of arthritis and joint damages I stopped at 5.5cm. The 5.x cm is the limit because to my eyes there are only 2 videos of recovery that have satisfied me. One is 4.5cm (helloworld) and other is 5.7 cm (OldieButGoldie, who I have the same body type as). And I have read diaries since M.M.T.A, jack0death, jungle days and seen many videos that are now removed from the internet. You may able to recover 100% at 6 cm, 7 cm, 8 cm or even 15 cm. But when it comes to my health, I minimize the risk as much as possible.
Being on and off these forums for 8 years have thought me a good lesson. You should never trust the people who write “I am 100% back”. Everyone has their own definition of what 100% is. For some, walking to and back from workplace is all that is required. For others, like every single Russia patient, a little nerve damage here and drop foot there is part of the “I’m 100% recovered”. So, again always see running video or meet the person in real life before judging their recovery.

An important trait of us humans is our pride. When we do mistakes, we won’t admit it easily.
We are obsessed with appearing perfect to others and concealing the truth if it’s bad.
Take for example the Facebook- and Instagram-culture. Many present photos and videos of their perfect lives while the truth is upside down. The same applies to this forum. People lie about their recovery, about the changes LL made in their life. Many just abruptly stop writing diaries when they suffer complications. And they refuse to tell they are suffering until someone finds out through other channels. Who wants to come back in shame and write “I shouldn’t have gone to Russia, now I have to take painkillers for rest of my life”? I don’t blame them, it’s not easy admitting. In fact, I wonder if I would do it if it happened to me.

For me it was never about gaining height, I was perfectly comfortable with my body. It was the neurosis that needed fixing. If there was a magic pill to fix neurosis with no side effect I would take it instead of LL. But there is so such solution. Shoe lifts are temporarily, Pilates is temporarily, psychologists are frauds, and whatever depression pill people take is dangerous to your health and wellbeing. Only LL can fix it with today’s medical advancement.

I understand this surgery is necessary for dwarfs to function in their daily lives. I also think men below 5’1 may benefit from this. Ironically the shorter you are, the less lengthening you can do before messing up your body mechanics and proportion.

I hope if you are like me, that you think twice before undergoing such a drastic surgery. When you are reading diaries try to read between lines, you will get a clearer picture of what kind of people you are dealing with. Also trust your instincts, if you see something off with a diary then you are probably right. This forums members happen to cheer or each other and have a sheep mentality. The perfect example is a patient named Crazy+6 (Amit) who did two LLs and increased his height by 7 inches. He posted pictures and every single member egged him on to keep lengthening and told him he looked completely fine. Even it was clear his proportions were off by a mile. Today Crazy+6 can be seen limping awkwardly around in the dust soaked streets of Mumbai. Permanently crippled. Sadly, right now the same tale is now being repeated with another member on this forum. Being anonymous frees one from accountability of their actions and words. I never once wrote advice before asking myself “would I write this if it were my own familymember?”

This cult of LLers, is an extreme fringe cult. There are 7 billion people in this world and just an extreme handful people do this. Many of these are on verge of giving up their lives entirely. For them, going from 160cm to 180cm destroying their body in the process, is an improvement of life quality. The perfect word to describe 70% of the people here is Incel. For those of you don’t know what it is, google it. It’s a pathetic generation of social rejects who can’t handle the reality of the world and adapt. LL won’t the first cosmetic surgery, and it won’t be the last. After LL, another LL. Then nose job, hair transplant, penis enlargement, cheek implants and so on. Endless hunger to escape imperfection, while only ruining themselves in the process.

I am now done with this crap. I actually felt stopping much earlier, but God knows if I am going to pay for not doing it. Staying on these communities any further will defeat the whole purpose of this surgery. I need to move on. I am happy. I was happy before LL. Not much changed. Only thing that changed is I am now free from the neurosis. Which opens the possibility to buy normal shoes. You can say I could wear flat shoes before LL too, yes. It was only the mental part that stopped me from doing that. When I look back at the downsides (so far) with this procedure:

After LL you will be left with permanent doubt every time you hurt yourself whether it was because of LL, permanent worry about arthritis, permanent scars, permanent worry about knee pain down the road, guilty conscience. You may never relax if you were to become a public person / famous person; a speaker, politician, media person etc. because at least one person out there knows about your little secret and it may just “leak out”. And ruin your life. You will feel embarrassed and laughed by entire world. And believe me, confidentiality agreement will be trumped by the curiosity of human nature.

And finally there was a former LLer by the nickname OldieButGoldie who tried to tell me to love myself and not do LL. I don’t know if you’re reading this, but I didn’t understand it back then.
I should have listened. You were right all along. Height is just in the mind. True happiness doesn’t come from few inches. It is something else. Something those happy short people have. Something those overweight happy people have. Those thin happy people have, those tall happy people have. Something those unattractive happy people have. Something those poor happy people have. These people ascended to a different level. You ascended to the next level too at the end… and I couldn’t grasp what it was…. But now as I have ascended and I can see it clearly….

Tldr; if you are happy, have friends and family and lots of love. Don’t do this surgery, it won’t change much. Get off this depressive forum now. If you’re so far down, struggling with neurosis and is almost suicidal go do LL. But you will find out, nothing has changed. You will still not be content, there will always be “just one final cosmetic surgery”. Find the happiness within you. It will last forever.

finished lengthening 5.5cm femur stryde 2019.
I am not sure if it was worth it :/

notatroll

Re: Dear future limb lengthener, I just finished my LL
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:53:04 PM »

+1000

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:21:57 PM »

I had no idea that the older Ellipse Technologies Precise II ERC would be forward compatible to the new Stryde nail by Nuvasive (The most recent ERC is very different in appearance and has more features).  I wonder who else may have taken advantage of that in some way.  Were you able to save any money that way? I'm surprised that any of the United States doctors would prescribe the older machine to interact with the new Stryde nail this late after it's release.  Very unique approach! When did you start lengthening?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:56:24 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

sylar94

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »

This is going to be unpopular, but its meant for future patients. Not for the current crop, so please stay outside of this thread. Thank you  ;D

Dear future limb lengthener,

Today I finished 5.5cm in femur with Stryde (the ERC is gen1) with no pain. And I am not sure it was worth it. But that doesn’t mean LL is not worth it for you!
I live in a western country where the average height is around 5’11 for males. I am now around 5’7. So I was well under average before and am still under average (for my age group 25-30)
I breezed through LL, and probably came out unscathed (one doesn’t know if arthritis will occur 5-10-20 years down the road). Compared to many of the diaries on here I had 10/10 LL-experience. I find myself lucky so far.

I was a very happy person before LL. I did not struggle in any aspect of my life, was surrounded by caring family, plenty of friends and everything else. The only thing that nagged me was, what if the height neurosis I had before, returned later in life and tore me apart? By then I would probably have had settled down, formed my own family and it would be too late to do this surgery.
Because of this “limbo” phase which lasted many years, I always backed out of relationships when it got too serious. I was afraid of losing the opportunity to do LL.

I am not going to blame my decision entirely on this community but I did a mistake believing the information on this forum. Thinking the people who did LL and wrote diary were like me. In the beginning you will think a lot of former/current LLers are just like the average person on the street. People just like you. And you kind of empathize with their stories of height discrimination and when you see their outcome the first thing you think is: “I am also going to LL now”. But it’s a deception. It’s mostly sugarcoated lies written by social outcasts with severe body dysmorphic disorder. I don’t want to start explaining why it’s a deception because it would be 10 pages long with personal attacks and mockery of other members. It is not meaningful at this point. And it’s futile, there will always be someone who doesn’t see anything wrong with a post-op patient not being able to jump more than 20 cm off ground 5 years into recovery. Why bother?

I am disappointed I fell for this deception. I am disappointed I didn’t love my body as it were. I blame myself too. When I joined the old forum many years ago I initially wanted 8 cm on femur and maybe some in tibia. Gradually I became aware of the risks and also the lies told by people who did extreme lengthening like Apotheosis, Tall, Crazy+6, Greekster etc.

Apotheosis/Shahn is a particular case that deserves mention because of the element of deception. Many people on this forum genuinely believe he is normal after 20cm lengthening. The weird poses on benches, angled photos on Instagram, oversized t-shirts and pants rings no bells here. A person like Apo who has undergone 9+ cosmetic surgeries is naturally obsessed with appearance. Ask yourself if a person like this would post an unflattering picture of himself?  When I hear someone say “If Apo can look that good, I can lengthen 2x too”, it infuriates me. I feel so helpless, I can see the deception but no words will convince the person to see through it. That is how I feel on this forum. I feel like an insane person yelling out. After a while I have come to understanding that it’s just waste of time explaining or trying to convince. In best case I may save one or two, then a new batch of vertically challenged freshmen arrive on the forum only to repeat the same damn thing. Seeing people cross-lengthen, overlengthen, going to Russia/India and suffer as a consequence should not make anyone happy, but it certainly made me come to the conclusion that this is the way ruthless nature works. The less intelligent will get hurt and hopefully be weeded out of the gene pool of the future.

My spidey sense was telling me something was off about this community, hence me changing my goals. From 2 LLs to telling my surgeon I only wanted 6.5cm. Then we agreed on 6 cm. But to minimize the risk of arthritis and joint damages I stopped at 5.5cm. The 5.x cm is the limit because to my eyes there are only 2 videos of recovery that have satisfied me. One is 4.5cm (helloworld) and other is 5.7 cm (OldieButGoldie, who I have the same body type as). And I have read diaries since M.M.T.A, jack0death, jungle days and seen many videos that are now removed from the internet. You may able to recover 100% at 6 cm, 7 cm, 8 cm or even 15 cm. But when it comes to my health, I minimize the risk as much as possible.
Being on and off these forums for 8 years have thought me a good lesson. You should never trust the people who write “I am 100% back”. Everyone has their own definition of what 100% is. For some, walking to and back from workplace is all that is required. For others, like every single Russia patient, a little nerve damage here and drop foot there is part of the “I’m 100% recovered”. So, again always see running video or meet the person in real life before judging their recovery.

An important trait of us humans is our pride. When we do mistakes, we won’t admit it easily.
We are obsessed with appearing perfect to others and concealing the truth if it’s bad.
Take for example the Facebook- and Instagram-culture. Many present photos and videos of their perfect lives while the truth is upside down. The same applies to this forum. People lie about their recovery, about the changes LL made in their life. Many just abruptly stop writing diaries when they suffer complications. And they refuse to tell they are suffering until someone finds out through other channels. Who wants to come back in shame and write “I shouldn’t have gone to Russia, now I have to take painkillers for rest of my life”? I don’t blame them, it’s not easy admitting. In fact, I wonder if I would do it if it happened to me.

For me it was never about gaining height, I was perfectly comfortable with my body. It was the neurosis that needed fixing. If there was a magic pill to fix neurosis with no side effect I would take it instead of LL. But there is so such solution. Shoe lifts are temporarily, Pilates is temporarily, psychologists are frauds, and whatever depression pill people take is dangerous to your health and wellbeing. Only LL can fix it with today’s medical advancement.

I understand this surgery is necessary for dwarfs to function in their daily lives. I also think men below 5’1 may benefit from this. Ironically the shorter you are, the less lengthening you can do before messing up your body mechanics and proportion.

I hope if you are like me, that you think twice before undergoing such a drastic surgery. When you are reading diaries try to read between lines, you will get a clearer picture of what kind of people you are dealing with. Also trust your instincts, if you see something off with a diary then you are probably right. This forums members happen to cheer or each other and have a sheep mentality. The perfect example is a patient named Crazy+6 (Amit) who did two LLs and increased his height by 7 inches. He posted pictures and every single member egged him on to keep lengthening and told him he looked completely fine. Even it was clear his proportions were off by a mile. Today Crazy+6 can be seen limping awkwardly around in the dust soaked streets of Mumbai. Permanently crippled. Sadly, right now the same tale is now being repeated with another member on this forum. Being anonymous frees one from accountability of their actions and words. I never once wrote advice before asking myself “would I write this if it were my own familymember?”

This cult of LLers, is an extreme fringe cult. There are 7 billion people in this world and just an extreme handful people do this. Many of these are on verge of giving up their lives entirely. For them, going from 160cm to 180cm destroying their body in the process, is an improvement of life quality. The perfect word to describe 70% of the people here is Incel. For those of you don’t know what it is, google it. It’s a pathetic generation of social rejects who can’t handle the reality of the world and adapt. LL won’t the first cosmetic surgery, and it won’t be the last. After LL, another LL. Then nose job, hair transplant, penis enlargement, cheek implants and so on. Endless hunger to escape imperfection, while only ruining themselves in the process.

I am now done with this crap. I actually felt stopping much earlier, but God knows if I am going to pay for not doing it. Staying on these communities any further will defeat the whole purpose of this surgery. I need to move on. I am happy. I was happy before LL. Not much changed. Only thing that changed is I am now free from the neurosis. Which opens the possibility to buy normal shoes. You can say I could wear flat shoes before LL too, yes. It was only the mental part that stopped me from doing that. When I look back at the downsides (so far) with this procedure:

After LL you will be left with permanent doubt every time you hurt yourself whether it was because of LL, permanent worry about arthritis, permanent scars, permanent worry about knee pain down the road, guilty conscience. You may never relax if you were to become a public person / famous person; a speaker, politician, media person etc. because at least one person out there knows about your little secret and it may just “leak out”. And ruin your life. You will feel embarrassed and laughed by entire world. And believe me, confidentiality agreement will be trumped by the curiosity of human nature.

And finally there was a former LLer by the nickname OldieButGoldie who tried to tell me to love myself and not do LL. I don’t know if you’re reading this, but I didn’t understand it back then.
I should have listened. You were right all along. Height is just in the mind. True happiness doesn’t come from few inches. It is something else. Something those happy short people have. Something those overweight happy people have. Those thin happy people have, those tall happy people have. Something those unattractive happy people have. Something those poor happy people have. These people ascended to a different level. You ascended to the next level too at the end… and I couldn’t grasp what it was…. But now as I have ascended and I can see it clearly….

Tldr; if you are happy, have friends and family and lots of love. Don’t do this surgery, it won’t change much. Get off this depressive forum now. If you’re so far down, struggling with neurosis and is almost suicidal go do LL. But you will find out, nothing has changed. You will still not be content, there will always be “just one final cosmetic surgery”. Find the happiness within you. It will last forever.

Do you think that your feelings regarding LL has anything to do with the fact that you went from short to short? You will probably still be one of the shortest guys whenever entering a room, so your feelings may be the same as the old ones.

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 01:44:11 AM »

I had no idea that the older Ellipse Technologies Precise II ERC would be forward compatible to the new Stryde nail by Nuvasive (The most recent ERC is very different in appearance and has more features).  I wonder who else may have taken advantage of that in some way.  Were you able to save any money that way? I'm surprised that any of the United States doctors would prescribe the older machine to interact with the new Stryde nail this late after it's release.  Very unique approach! When did you start lengthening?
Hi IFS
Yeah, that is true. The old ERC works perfectly fine with new Stryde nail. It is because essentially Precice is the same as Stryde in a mechanical process. The main difference between them is material, as you probably know.  I used the old ERC and it was fine.  Did you also use the old ERC?  By the way, I am so happy that you have been recovering so well!

InFullStryde

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 01:47:31 AM »

Hi IFS
Yeah, that is true. The old ERC works perfectly fine with new Stryde nail. It is because essentially Precice is the same as Stryde in a mechanical process. The main difference between them is material, as you probably know.  I used the old ERC and it was fine.  Did you also use the old ERC?  By the way, I am so happy that you have been recovering so well!

Thank you, Ghostfish! Yes, things are going pretty darn good thus far.   I used the newer ERC machine. It was a pretty big machine.

Example of the new ERC Machine.

"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

jaybam

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 05:27:43 AM »

This is great feedback about the procedure.

Was there any point in the surgery that you felt pain?

JsElysianEagle

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 07:38:04 AM »

Have you recovered your gait back 100%?

BeYourBest

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »

Thank you Ned for providing us your personal experience.

I wish you the best.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:59 PM »

@sylar94
5ft 7 is really only noticeable short if you scrutinise people on their height with the right shoes many wouldn't even notice at least consciously.

Many on this forum need to recognise being short isn't bad but being less than 5ft 6 is where height discrepancy from the average becomes immediately perceptible and that's when the pain begins.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 12:25:04 PM »

Thank you for sharing Ned. This post was truly eye opening. I appreciate your raw, honest perspective on this experience as it helps prospective LLers like myself make informed, balanced decisions around this procedure.

Just have a few questions regarding the below:

Your height neurosis and "limbo" you described here sounded serious, I know because personally I connect with it. I 100% believe you when you say you were happy before LL, but it sounds like the height neurosis was a crippling mental health issue for you if you backed out of relationships because of it and held you back from some of life's most significant milestones (relationships, marriage, maybe even kids, etc.)

Now that you are wrapping up LL, would you say that your height neurosis is gone? If so, from that perspective wouldn't this experience all be worth it?
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

sylar94

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »

In my opinion height neurosis is only a small part of the problem. There is absolutely nothing that can compensate for the lack of height. You can be good looking, smart, rich, have a good personality, but you will still be short.
All other men with subconsciously feel superior to you just for the stupid fact that you are shorter (significantly).
Felling good with yourself about your own height will not change how others view you. It is for you to decide if you care what others think.

The richer you are, the more beautiful you are, the more popular you are, the more obvious your shortness becomes:
Messi, best soccer player in the word, rich: Every commentator says about him "the little man"; commentators don't say this about average short players
Tom Cruise, good looking, rich, popular; "Would you date him? Nah, if he were tall I would date him"
And the classic line:  "Look at him, he is so good looking; too bad he is short "

You can be happy and be a lion in your own mind, but everyone will still see a cat. (this may be a good thing in some situations)  :
https://almanahualli.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/cat-sees-lion-in-mirror-2.gif

TheAlchemist

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »

In my opinion height neurosis is only a small part of the problem. There is absolutely nothing that can compensate for the lack of height. You can be good looking, smart, rich, have a good personality, but you will still be short.
All other men with subconsciously feel superior to you just for the stupid fact that you are shorter (significantly).
Felling good with yourself about your own height will not change how others view you. It is for you to decide if you care what others think.

The richer you are, the more beautiful you are, the more popular you are, the more obvious your shortness becomes:
Messi, best soccer player in the word, rich: Every commentator says about him "the little man"; commentators don't say this about average short players
Tom Cruise, good looking, rich, popular; "Would you date him? Nah, if he were tall I would date him"
And the classic line:  "Look at him, he is so good looking; too bad he is short "

You can be happy and be a lion in your own mind, but everyone will still see a cat. (this may be a good thing in some situations)  :

How you feel about yourself is more important than how strangers feel about you.

I don't base my decisions on how other people think of me. It's all perspective. If 3 inches in height makes you feel better about yourself when you wake up in the morning, in the privacy of your home, then go for it. I'm not doing this for validation from anyone else.  The majority of people who judge you or have negative opinions about you wouldn't show up at your funeral or shed a tear if you died so why would you live your life based on their opinions of you?

sylar94

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »

How you feel about yourself is more important than how strangers feel about you.

I don't base my decisions on how other people think of me. It's all perspective. If 3 inches in height makes you feel better about yourself when you wake up in the morning, in the privacy of your home, then go for it. I'm not doing this for validation from anyone else.  The majority of people who judge you or have negative opinions about you wouldn't show up at your funeral or shed a tear if you died so why would you live your life based on their opinions of you?
Thats great, but you dont need LL to change how you feel about yourself.
LL is to change how others feel about you.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 03:07:37 PM »

Your post is very interesting...  I am 5"7 and most women say I'm short..  I met a new girl last week and she isn't interested in me as I'm to short !!!

I would do anything to get my surgery.. only with the top American doctors ..  but my surgery will.
Be for me .. not for anyone else ..

Panda  :-X

otavio

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 03:08:50 PM »

why did you make only 5,5 cm ? when I undergo to my LL I'll try to reach something between 7/8 cm

myloginacc

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »

The 5'7 complainers are quickly getting more annoying than the 5'10+ ones. At least the latter don't blame all their problems (shortcomings) on their height.

Yes, all of your woes in life are due to the fact you're 5'7.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 05:38:38 PM »

Well I'm 5ft 5 and I still have women interested in me-even women that are taller. Granted I'm apparently good looking but what does that tell you?

At 5ft 7 you're going to be taller than the vast majority of women in the west. At this height it's more about frame, face and body.
I'm at university and I live with a guy who's 6ft 6.Intially I saw women crowding around him and I thought it confirmed that my neurosis isn't entirley in my head but then I realised that none wanted to make out with him or date him-they saw him as a freak. Instead he would be rejected because his face was  below average I would say.

The thing is average sized men and above experience rejection too. However there's a crucial difference in that a women won't outright tell a man that they find him facially unattractive as they realise how shallow it sounds.
On the other hand society deems it OK to reject men based on height so there's no need for women to mask this behind 'Oh he's simply not my type'.

Humans are a sum of their parts which is why I intend to get the surgery because I believe my height is a huge negative and detracts from my ability to express who I truly am. If I woke up tomorrow at 5ft 7,I would simply realise I was mentally ill. At this height there's far more things you can work on to make yourself more attractive such as hair, skin, teeth, body, clothes etc.

Some people here need to stop and ask themselves what does it take? Women see 80% of men as unattractive anyway according to studies and it's mostly about face just as it is for men.
If you're getting the surgery to be more intrinsictly more attractive then it's not going to work for the vast majority of people undergoing this surgery.

The best outcome is your neurosis abates and people want to be around you more because the bad aura you generate from being insecure has subsided.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 06:18:05 PM »

The best outcome is your neurosis abates and people want to be around you more because the bad aura you generate from being insecure has subsided.

100%

BeYourBest

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 11:10:21 PM »

Because he wants to be safe.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 09:37:21 PM »

Not all men in the world will feel superior to a shorter man simply because of their height. Don't project your thoughts onto everyone else. While money, fame, a good personality and others markers of success cannot change your height (apart from actually getting surgery with that money), it won't be necessary for many men, even noticeably short ones, to "compensate" for their height, as their lives will not be drastically different from many of those who are taller. While Tom Cruise does get targeted by the (somewhat light-hearted, sometimes mean-spirited) short stereotypes, other well-known actors who are around his height (Joaquin Phoenix, Aaron Paul, Mark Wahlberg) are not (or significantly less), and are instead overwhelmingly judged for their acting prowess, their personalities, their activities outside of acting and sometimes even for their physical attractiveness (in a positive way). So while it is important how a person is seen by others, height is - in many cases - less of a "death sentence" than people presume.

While shorter people do get treated differently to taller people and how people are viewed is affected by their height (an effect that obviously increases the more a person diverges from the average height), it's too abbreviated to paint a "lion (tall man) vs. cat (short man)" metaphor, as height is far from the only attribute that factors in how people see a man, and that is a deficit in how a man is rewarded or denied the standard of masculinity: Physical prowess, the tone of a man's voice, age, physical health, intelligence, facial attractiveness, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and how close a man's behaviour and personality aligns to the societal standards of manliness can all play significant roles in the process of society placing a person within the templates of an ideal or not ideal man. Peter Dinklage will not be seen as the "lion" in a masculinity zoo, but Forrest Gump, despite being tall, would certainly not be deemed a lion either.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

BeYourBest

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 10:09:47 PM »

why did you make only 5,5 cm ? when I undergo to my LL I'll try to reach something between 7/8 cm

Because he wants to be safe.

Betagur7

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 03:23:32 AM »

Well I'm 5ft 5 and I still have women interested in me-even women that are taller. Granted I'm apparently good looking but what does that tell you?
I really want to know what EXACTLY is this "interest" you are referring to. Is it the interest where they look at you and they immediately want to date you and see you as boyfriend material OR is it the interest a person has when they see, like for instance, when a guy sees a girl with a nice face but with a undesirable body so he thinks "oh she's cute, but i really wouldnt want to date her". My experience so far in life has been the latter. Girls see me and say i have a cute face but dont see me as "relationship" material because body type wise i'm short. Yes sure I can make up for it by having a "great personality" which really just means me having comedic sense of humor so that people will like me IN SPITE of my height. I don't know about you but I don't want to be liked IN SPITE of something whether that thing be my height, race, ethnicity or whatever I don't want to feel like someone is liking me IN SPITE of something else that is undesirable. The way I see it, taller guys with normal personalities will get girls, just as long as they aren't unattractive facially. Shorter guys even if they have nicer facial qualities will have to possess a personality beyond average in order to have any success. I may be wrong but that's definitely been my life experience.

Also to the original poster OFCOURSE going from 5'5 to 5'7 will feel like a waste of time, because 5'7 is STILL SHORT. And honestly i think if you were to go from 5'7 to the average male height of 5'10 ( from short to average in layman's terms) the social outlook would be totally different.

ControlYourLife

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

Betagur7 how tall are you?

5'7 and up isn't bad. Much different than 5'5

Edit: nvm just saw. 5'7 isn't that short. A bit under average unless you're 5'6 and lying

Betagur7

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 02:09:53 AM »

I'm 5'7, but it really just depends on your surroundings if 5'7 is tall or short. For my culture 5'7 isn't tall enough plain and simple. I feel like women in my culture (i'm black btw) value athletic tall men (like the ones in the NFL and the NBA). But regardless 5'7 is still short and if you live in a culture that only values tall athletic looking men your only hope would be to be 5'10, that way your height wont be asset nor a detriment to your success in dating.

Chinese

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 04:15:37 PM »

So you did ll and you regret?Why?You get a full recover and a new height.

Chinese

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »

5'7 is short in any cultrue?

sylar94

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »

5'7 is short in any cultrue?
no

Chinese

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 05:05:19 PM »

Though 5'7 is average in my country,women prefer at least 5'9

ControlYourLife

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 08:56:46 PM »

Fair enough. I am also 5'7. Live in new England. I feel low average, but I do want to get LL to get to an average 5'9-5'10

Not for girls (zero problems with that)
I believe in physical fitness and I believe going from 5'7 to 5'9 will allow me to maximize my aesthetics (I have a 5'10 wing span with broad shoulders and pretty big frame)

I'm 5'7, but it really just depends on your surroundings if 5'7 is tall or short. For my culture 5'7 isn't tall enough plain and simple. I feel like women in my culture (i'm black btw) value athletic tall men (like the ones in the NFL and the NBA). But regardless 5'7 is still short and if you live in a culture that only values tall athletic looking men your only hope would be to be 5'10, that way your height wont be asset nor a detriment to your success in dating.

Betagur7

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 12:42:36 AM »

Fair enough. I am also 5'7. Live in new England. I feel low average, but I do want to get LL to get to an average 5'9-5'10

Not for girls (zero problems with that)
I believe in physical fitness and I believe going from 5'7 to 5'9 will allow me to maximize my aesthetics (I have a 5'10 wing span with broad shoulders and pretty big frame)

My wingspan is about the same too at 5'10. I don't think anyone would be able to tell if had LL since you'll be still proportional. My thighs are shorter than average anyway so pretty much figured I'll look aesthetically better afterwards.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up