Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Anyone have any knowledge of the Doctors in Turkey?  (Read 3889 times)

Steffan

• Visitor
Does Anyone have any knowledge of the Doctors in Turkey?
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:51:45 AM »

Has anyone done the surgery in Istanbul or Turkey???please I need to know before I go there. I can't find much feedback online about them.  Drop a comment  :-\

suddenurge

• Visitor
Re: Does Anyone have any knowledge of the Doctors in Turkey?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 07:58:20 PM »

Stay away from Turkey. The doctors are incompetent/sloppy, totally overworked/indifferent and will lie to you to cover up their mistakes any and every day of the week. They also use cheap, badly designed Turkish nails and fixators that should be avoided at every cost. They use a website called wannabetaller.com where their staff will lie about anything in the hope of luring you to come to Turkey. They are unbelievably deceptive and dishonest. You can read about the problems the surgery in Turkey caused me here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64059.0 . A full review is coming sooner rather than later. The misalignment and non-union are just one of many serious problems I have to deal with due to the incompetence at the surgery table and subsequent erroneous advice, aftercare and inappropriate medication by the doctor and his team. Their incompetence and indifference are just unbelievable. I discussed my case with 7 established LL doctors from all over the world, all of which recommended extensive deformity correction surgeries involving manipulating the bone using various hardware possibly followed by bone-grafting surgery. Despite this, the Turkish surgeon, his assistant, and the staff at wannabetaller.com refused to admit anything was really wrong at all. Instead of owning up to their mistakes and suggesting any of the reputable methods for deformity correction, the Turkish doctor played down everything and simply proposed to lengthen the patella tendon for some inexplicable reason. This would not only have been catastrophic for the functionality of my knees according to all the LL doctors I spoke to, but would also have made no real difference to the misalignment. When I brought up the inappropriateness of patella tendon lengthening, both the Turkish doctor and the staff at wannabetaller.com stopped replying to me altogether, even though they were contractually bound to fix the problems they caused since it had already been paid for. Sadly my legs will never be the same, and if you add the cost of all the corrective surgeries that are needed, the total cost of my limb lengthening will be anything but cheap.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »

Stay away from Turkey. The doctors are incompetent/sloppy, totally overworked/indifferent and will lie to you to cover up their mistakes any and every day of the week. They also use cheap, badly designed Turkish nails and fixators that should be avoided at every cost. They use a website called wannabetaller.com where their staff will lie about anything in the hope of luring you to come to Turkey. They are unbelievably deceptive and dishonest. You can read about the problems the surgery in Turkey caused me here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64059.0 . A full review is coming sooner rather than later. The misalignment and non-union are just one of many serious problems I have to deal with due to the incompetence at the surgery table and subsequent erroneous advice, aftercare and inappropriate medication by the doctor and his team. Their incompetence and indifference are just unbelievable. I discussed my case with 7 established LL doctors from all over the world, all of which recommended extensive deformity correction surgeries involving manipulating the bone using various hardware possibly followed by bone-grafting surgery. Despite this, the Turkish surgeon, his assistant, and the staff at wannabetaller.com refused to admit anything was really wrong at all. Instead of owning up to their mistakes and suggesting any of the reputable methods for deformity correction, the Turkish doctor played down everything and simply proposed to lengthen the patella tendon for some inexplicable reason. This would not only have been catastrophic for the functionality of my knees according to all the LL doctors I spoke to, but would also have made no real difference to the misalignment. When I brought up the inappropriateness of patella tendon lengthening, both the Turkish doctor and the staff at wannabetaller.com stopped replying to me altogether, even though they were contractually bound to fix the problems they caused since it had already been paid for. Sadly my legs will never be the same, and if you add the cost of all the corrective surgeries that are needed, the total cost of my limb lengthening will be anything but cheap.

Suddenurge ...Have you resolved Your nonunion problems?

suddenurge

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 08:58:02 PM »

I had corrective surgery for the misalignment in Greece but the results are hardly perfect. In hindsight, maybe I should have gone for the TSF frames as a corrective procedure. As it stands now, I will have some permanent misalignment on both legs as a reminder of what the Turkish doctor did to me. The greek doctor wants to wait a bit longer before we do any bone-graft surgeries as there is still a small chance that new bone formation will pick up.

Kenda

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 12:17:29 AM »

I had corrective surgery for the misalignment in Greece but the results are hardly perfect. In hindsight, maybe I should have gone for the TSF frames as a corrective procedure. As it stands now, I will have some permanent misalignment on both legs as a reminder of what the Turkish doctor did to me. The greek doctor wants to wait a bit longer before we do any bone-graft surgeries as there is still a small chance that new bone formation will pick up.

Dr giotikas? U went to him after turkey
Did the turkish dr refuse to fix it?

Steffan

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 02:56:58 AM »

What doctor in Turkey are you talking about?

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 08:44:35 AM »

Why did the doctor do corrective surgery and not TSF?

suddenurge

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »

Doctor Giotikas said that TSF frames were not necessary, he would fix it with corrective surgery. It turns out that this was not true. If Doctor Giotikas had delivered what he promised, I would be satisfied. But he didn't.

Kenda

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 10:21:00 PM »

Doctor Giotikas said that TSF frames were not necessary, he would fix it with corrective surgery. It turns out that this was not true. If Doctor Giotikas had delivered what he promised, I would be satisfied. But he didn't.

What are u talking about? Did u meet dr Giotikas in athens?
What do u mean he didnt? He did surgery for you

lelouche

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 01:15:45 AM »

Can you give the name of the doctor?

Ghostfish

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 05:07:22 AM »

This is quite disappointing of Dr. G.  I thought he is a trustworthy doctor, although he corrected some problem you have, it was not a satisfactory result.  I also suggested you TSF or some sort of external device to correct misalignment in your thread.  Hope you recover soon, suddenurge!
Pages: [1]   Go Up