Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: External Tibias with Dr. Sarin  (Read 4381 times)

TallPersonality

External Tibias with Dr. Sarin
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:03:12 AM »

Hi,
I decided to start this diary because of boredom  :D . I hope it will help somebody in the future.

Some basic info about me:
Initial height: 171cm
goal: 7.5cm

I had my surgery on 17 September. I started lengthening on 26 September. Now I should be at about 4cm. I haven't a ballerina yet and my journey is easy so far. I'm working remotely 6h a day without any problems.

I don't know what else I can say. If you have any questions, just ask  :).

Meck

Re: External Tibias with Dr. Sarin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 12:24:00 AM »

Did you feel any pain, i made femur before 9 days and start lengthening before 2 days, when i start lengthening i feel my kneee move and when i wake up  sametime by bones move into possition and is really bad, but only i have issue pain me to much when start lengthening, like deep deep pain first in left leg now on both, i use all painkiller not help against this deep pain, only when I stand up i dont feel that

TallPersonality

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 04:38:18 PM »

Meck, the first two weeks after surgery was quite painful for me. The first day after leaving the hospital, I had merely bearable pain on my legs. I said that to my doctor and he changed my painkillers. With new painkillers, I didn't feel almost any pain. Maybe you should talk with doc about new painkillers?

Meck

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 12:35:20 AM »

I find my reason for pain, you will not belive i made 4mm per day i didn't udnerstand him and i made every 6 hours 4 time but he say 1 time every 6 hours to be 4 time per day and i grow 4 mm per day, i took xray and i grow 1cm in less 3 days, now he say i must stop lengthening 2 or 3 days and now i have no pain

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 12:40:57 AM »

I find my reason for pain, you will not belive i made 4mm per day i didn't udnerstand him and i made every 6 hours 4 time but he say 1 time every 6 hours to be 4 time per day and i grow 4 mm per day, i took xray and i grow 1cm in less 3 days, now he say i must stop lengthening 2 or 3 days and now i have no pain
Gee.... 4 mm per day!!  That is insane!  I can't believe your doc said that.  As you may know, the standard rate for femur is 1 mm per day.  Even with that speed, you will feel tightness, discomfort, and some pain very soon.  You may go faster at the beginning, but it may make you delay the whole process, if your muscles/tissues/nerves become so tight, or your bone may not grow fast enough.  Anyway, cll is a long journey.  So be patient!

Meck

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 03:04:27 AM »

I have lucky made like this only 2 days, my doctor say 1mm, but same misunderstand and now i stop lengthening because 2 days i made hard i will continue after 2 days again normal 1mm per day, this is my reason for pain and knee movement

TallPersonality

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 07:18:59 AM »

Meck it's very good sign that you don't have pain after you stopped lengthening for a few days. I hope everything will be fine with you  :)

TallPersonality

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 07:53:38 AM »

Here are some x-rays:

3 days after surgery:
https://imgur.com/a/uZ1dqUC

after 10 days of lengthening:
https://imgur.com/a/Ro8SVOL

after 32 days of lengthening:
https://imgur.com/a/9rrCGeU

My right leg is a little shorter than the left on the last xray, but it's normal. I was allowed to lengthen my right leg by 1.25mm per day to align this disproportion after that.

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »

dont do that bro , just stop lengthen longer leg and keep lengthen the shorter leg. i did exactly like you and now i have suffer from that, my leg which i lengthen 1,33mm a day now isnt flexible as the other leg. I practice so much but the achille tendon still not became normal

TallPersonality

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 01:55:14 PM »

dunghuynh2227, you're talking to me? I don't worry. Every body is different. However, I met here a lot of people who done more than 6cm and they're okay now, so I think I will be alright too.

Meck

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 07:59:57 PM »

Me to i hope reach 9cm in femur for sure, when reach 8, only i can stop lengthening but if all is ok i go on 9

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 01:14:56 AM »

dunghuynh2227, you're talking to me? I don't worry. Every body is different. However, I met here a lot of people who done more than 6cm and they're okay now, so I think I will be alright too.
i mean dont do over 1mm a day. your tendo may not catch up the length and get too tight.

TallPersonality

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 10:33:53 PM »

You're right man. I'm lengthening only 1mm per day. I'm at about 5cm now and don't have ballerina yet  ;D

tallmf

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 05:42:04 AM »

you will know how much ballerina you have, only when you stand up after frame removal so be mindful about that

TallPersonality

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 09:34:51 PM »

you will know how much ballerina you have, only when you stand up after frame removal so be mindful about that
Of course  ;).

On Monday, 60 days of lengthening, I had another x-ray. In reality, I've lengthened about 5.5cm on both legs, so I need to wait another 20 days to achieve my goal. I think my callus looks very good.

On the other side, I gained about 5-10 kg during lengthening. It's very surprising for me because I was told that patients normally lose their weight during that process. Now my weight is about 75kg and it is too heavy to start walking exercises a few days after frames removal.

There is my x-rays photo:
https://imgur.com/a/Ui076Ig

TallPersonality

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »

On 12 December I had another x-ray. On the left leg, I was at about 7.2 cm and 6.8 on the right. Callus looks quite good I think. I will probably have frames removal surgery on 18 December. My journey is still easy so far. I don't have much pain. My left leg is still flexible. The right leg is a little stiff but I don't think I will have a big ballerina. There is a link to my last x-ray:
https://imgur.com/a/DToRBGt

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »

So which is your final length ?

TallPersonality

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 03:18:00 PM »

My final gain should be 7.5cm. I will let you know tomorrow.

TallPersonality

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2019, 05:53:38 PM »

So I had my surgery today. My final gain is 7.4cm. They told me they can lengthen 1mm on the surgery but I refused. Pain now is quite tolerable. I think I will left the hospital tomorrow morning.

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 03:31:40 AM »

Congrats . Now is recovery and back to life like a champion

Cloudo

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2019, 11:16:59 AM »

Congrats for the frame removal mate  ;)
Today I came back from hospital with TallPersonality. What an interesting guy! Very positive and optimistic too! The best kind of buddy you need on such a journey  8)
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

TallPersonality

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2019, 08:19:53 AM »

Thanks Cloudo and dunghuynh2227!!!

I've talked yesterday with other patients in the guest house and they said my tibias look very natural. I will start standing in about 10 days and will post a photo of my body.

Today, there's no pain. Only little numbness in my feet.

Cloudo

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2019, 09:12:01 AM »

Thanks Cloudo and dunghuynh2227!!!

I've talked yesterday with other patients in the guest house and they said my tibias look very natural. I will start standing in about 10 days and will post a photo of my body.

Today, there's no pain. Only little numbness in my feet.
Yup, I swear the most natural looking lengthened tibias I have ever seen!

Movie

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2019, 12:48:25 PM »

Congrats on a successful external tibia lengthening TallPersonality
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

TallPersonality

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 09:00:40 PM »

I started walking with a walker 4 days ago. There is a video of me walking from today: https://imgur.com/a/6bVxVLj . You can see that I have very little stiffness in my right foot, but it's a lot smaller than it was a week ago. I think it will completely disappear in another week. I cannot wait when I will be able to walk with crutches  ;D.

Cloudo

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 09:25:23 PM »

wow! Congrats man  ;)
Looking forward to see you walking independently without any tools  :)

TallPersonality

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2020, 05:05:06 PM »

Thanks mate  :)!
If anybody is curious, I've been taking a lot of supplements since two weeks after the first surgery. Here is a list of them:
Swanson Century Formula Multivitamin without Iron
Swanson D3
Swanson Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM
Swanson C
Now Omega-3
Now Magnesium Citrate
Now Bone Strength

TallPersonality

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 06:11:19 PM »

On 14 January, I started walking with crutches. I don't feel any pain. Here is a video of me from today:
https://imgur.com/a/ZHw6SUn

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 03:11:13 PM »

Nice , how about your achile tendon

TallPersonality

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »

Nice , how about your achile tendon
Thanks. It's getting better every day. Now I have a little stiffness after waking up and need about a minute of standing to fix it.

Yesterday I started walking with one crutch. It's a little painful because I have to walk at least 2 hours per day but I stay positive...in the next week I should be able to walk unaided  ;D.

There are my x-rays from 25th of January: https://imgur.com/a/9upSwan . My right leg already has good callus, but left needs a little more time. I will take x-rays next week and post them here.

TallPersonality

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »

By the way I don’t need to use a wheelchair anymore. I move myself using only one crutch  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up