Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5,11 ft guy 24 years old, goal: 186 - 188 cm  (Read 2743 times)

dannyd19d

• Visitor
5,11 ft guy 24 years old, goal: 186 - 188 cm
« on: November 20, 2019, 04:30:39 PM »

Hello, I am a newbie here, but I´ ve been thinking much about LL, because I suffer height dysphoria. My current height is about 180 cm, which is not small number, but I feel bad in society. Almost everyone is taller than me when I go to school, shop or cinema, many my friends are taller. I know the only solution for me is LL, no one can reassure me and convince me not to undergo it. I am fully determined for this surgery. I´ ve been thinking about Stryde as its best and safest method on market now. Unfortunately, money is problem for me as I am student and Slovakia is problem for making enough money, but I will try my best to be able to pay for it. The surgery is not available in our country, so I was checking some information about doctors and as the best doctor can be Giotikas if I compare price and quality or perhaps dr. Jamal from Ukraine, but there is not Stryde if I am not mistaken. First, I was thinking about tibia as I could allow to pay for it immediately at dr Mitkovic´s. Then I changed my mind, because LL tibia is more invasive (2 cuts, scars) than femur and also there is a very long recovery. My initial goal is 6 cm and afterwards when its successful it will be 7 - 7.5 cm. My length for tibia is around 40 cm and for femur around 53 cm, torso length is unknown to me. Here is my stature photos, sorry for bad quality.

https://imgur.com/a/LL5Z2YZ?fbclid=IwAR3okiZMBpjWw4Y1rxlZo-W2ZiTNRfkrtjPIJS_FhkyS9kdlD5Ki9o4uIXI

I would like to know your opinions about proportions after surgery and if here is someone  who was tall as me and had this surgery? Or is here someone from Slovakia or Czech who underwent it?

Many thanks for answers.

BetzLandLiberator

Re: 5,11 ft guy 24 years old, goal: 186 - 188 cm
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »

Hello, I am a newbie here, but I´ ve been thinking much about LL, because I suffer height dysphoria. My current height is about 180 cm, which is not small number, but I feel bad in society. Almost everyone is taller than me when I go to school, shop or cinema, many my friends are taller. I know the only solution for me is LL, no one can reassure me and convince me not to undergo it.

Don't do it. If you have problems with height at 180cm you wiill still have them at 188cm. It's in your head. It's totally different than people actually suffering from heightism.

If you were rich and had extra money and a more healthy mindset (like "I know my height is great, but I have extra money so why not get some extra cms?") maybe LL would be ok. But right now it would insane for you to get into debt and riisk your health for this.

dannyd19d

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 05:36:48 PM »

I don´t mean to get into debt when doing this surgery. I will save money for it and I won´t have this problem at 188 cm, because many my friends are as that and I would not feel small next to them anymore and also my idols are the same height as that. I would be more attractive for women and would have build more muscles and strength. I would gain more confidence and would have to think about my height, as it made me look above average. I plan to do it maybe in 2 or 3 years later, it depends. I cannot simply get rid of this feeling of being average and its my only dream. I dont need to be rich, just want to be tall.

Montreal172

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 05:50:03 PM »

You are at the same height as
:
Brad Pitt
Guy Pierce
Jake Gyllenhaal
Rowan Atkinson
orlandoflorida Bloom
James Franco
Luke Hemsworth
Burt Reynolds
George Clooney

Your taller than :
Al Pacino
Matt Damon
Robert Downey Jr.

Telling you man you’re at a perfect height, research show women prefer men at 5’11 and consider above starting to be too tall. Its just your friends are freaks of nature to put it mildly ;)

Sanity

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 05:50:50 PM »

i will not judge u at ur current height. Yes 180 isnt that bad its actually what i have become after this surgery even a little less, but yes the body dysphoric disorder will be gone. if i was ur height i wouldnt do it but i can understand how adding 4-5cm can make you feel. its ur choice, remember there is a risk of alot of problems but these risk can be negated. in the end its ur decision and i have to say this but at ur current height, its better not to.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

nomad13

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 05:55:03 PM »

may be start hitting gym harder first beef up, see how you feel, as others commented 180 is tall
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0

dannyd19d

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 06:45:24 PM »

I know guys, its hard to understand, but for me it would be a great change and although you can see me tall, I feel small when I look at myself in a mirror, my legs seem to me short, I am not happy with myself. I am able sacrifice my life for this surgery and I fully realize the risks. On the other hand many people smoke cigarettes or drink too much, so they endanger themselves all their life, so this is similar for me. I used to go to gym, but it didnt affect me in a positive way.

Hatch

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 11:13:28 PM »

To me your tibias look quite tall so i would definately length femur in your case. Also your legs look already quite long, so in your case I would do max 4-5cm. 185cm is definately enough where ever you go and also doesn't mess your proportions. Also you have quite skinny body type (also yes your still young), so at 187cm you would maybe look little bit too skinny. But just maybe, not sure obviously. Also risks increase at every cm.

180cm in not tall, its average. Especially among young people (19-29), but remember its NOT short either. But if you are willing to take the risk and can get enough money for Stryde, then just do it.

Also good to remember, when i see someone my height (178-179cm) that person usually looks a little bit longer than me. It feels like when im watching that persons to eyes im watching little bit upward. Might be personal but I thing quite common "problem". Its easy to test, go to stand next to wall and mark your eyes place. Then go stand away and watch that mark. Does it feel you look little bit higher? To me always yes. I have also noticed that 2-3cm shorter person easily can see other one taller, but for example to me 176-177cm person looks exactly my height. My friend is 180cm and he has many times asked my height, because to his eyes i look exactly same height.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:06:38 AM by Hatch »

nomad13

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 05:07:18 AM »

I personally would say do as you like as long as you not endangering your own life or of anyone and not keeping burden on your financial situation, as you wanted to do this in some couple of years or three, till then go to gym, when i say gym i don't mean running or cardio hit weights harder make gym your new routine, i had met quite a number of guys who are over 6feet with low confidence i use to lift more being 160cm than them, so give gym a try for this couple of years see how you feel and rest do what's best
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0

OverSixFeetTall

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 07:01:02 PM »

Where abouts do you live?

And how tall are you friends?

I live in Canada and 5’10, and I work at a space where many of my colleagues I hang out with are 6 foot and above.

Lol, Jesus it’s like it’s never enough, but the sweet spot is 6’0 to 6’1 for men to feel reassurance or what society “accepts” as ideal aka magazines, movies, and etc

I know you’re committed, and even you commit to this, while you save, 1. Seek therapy 2. Goto the gym - that’s what I plan to do first. And if that’s still not enough after going through it. You’ll have enough money saved up for the surgery.
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »

You are at the same height as
:
Brad Pitt
Guy Pierce
Jake Gyllenhaal
Rowan Atkinson
orlandofloridaflorida Bloom
James Franco
Luke Hemsworth
Burt Reynolds
George Clooney

Your taller than :
Al Pacino
Matt Damon
Robert Downey Jr.

Telling you man you’re at a perfect height, research show women prefer men at 5’11 and consider above starting to be too tall. Its just your friends are freaks of nature to put it mildly ;)

I don't know how Rowan Atkinson is in the list.

dannyd19d

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 09:38:12 PM »

So if I wanna be 188, its better to lengthen tibia in 4 cm and femur in 4 cm? But there were also people who lengthened 9 cms and they still looked very well. To me my femur seem short, so I would aim to 5-6 cm at least and then check and consult with a doctor if next 2,5 cm would ruin my proportions. Primarily, the safety is the most important. I am skinny, because I dont lift heavy weights, only doing home exercises. About the vision: I have this problem on the contrary. In the evening that person who seems to me short at first seem to me the same height or sometimes taller than me later time. I noticed that some people who were smaller than me 2-3 years ago are now the same height as me, which is ridiculous, because they stopped growing long ago, so its impossible they gained a single cm. Maybe I misperceived, I dont know.

dannyd19d

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 09:53:28 PM »

I used to lift heavy weights - bench, squat and dead lift and my muscles were quite built. I went to gym for 3 years and didnt help me to change my mind about my height.

I am from Slovakia, too far and my friend are about 6'1 ft mostly. Of course, I have friends who are the same height or shorter than me, but it doesnt matter. I dont want to seek therapy, I am prepared for it, its something I need to do to feel better.

dannyd19d

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 10:01:07 PM »

Rowan Atkinson is 181 cm, but there is no difference between 180 cm and 181 cm, nor between 180 and 183 cm.  2 inches and more are noticeable only .

Hatch

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2019, 12:01:49 AM »

Rowan Atkinson is 181 cm, but there is no difference between 180 cm and 181 cm, nor between 180 and 183 cm.  2 inches and more are noticeable only .

"nor between 180 and 183" I  disagree. Almost everyone can see clearly difference between 180 and 183cm. Lets say person is 177cm and he compares 180cm person to 183cm from close distance. From 177cm person view, 183cm persons eyes are at 2x higher than 180cm persons eyes. Even perspective of person who is 174cm , 183 cm person eyes are at 50% higher than 180cm. 180cm person immediately sees that 183cm person is longer that he/she is.

Also 180cm is so typical and average young male height so couple of extra cm might help psychologically. I mean, most of people are happy to be even average. But some people dont want to be just average.

Sweden

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 12:09:39 AM »

I understand you fully. I’d do 6cm on femurs if I were you.

It’s all your choice in the end.

Don’t pass 5cm on tibias or 6cm on femurs. Stay safe. Work hard.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Montreal172

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 12:42:31 AM »

Buts is it not more based on bone % length, since he's taller it would be safer as opposed to a 170 guy lengthening ?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2019, 01:02:47 AM »

Buts is it not more based on bone % length, since he's taller it would be safer as opposed to a 170 guy lengthening ?

That's something generally true, but not a hard rule. Some people have genetically more lax soft tissues that are less resistant to stretching, and it's been the case that someone 160 cm had a very easy time lengthening while someone at 180 cm developed ballerina foot after the first centimeter.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Iron_Man

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2019, 04:14:51 AM »

Lengthen tibias by 4-5 cm. At the same time, you will correct curvature and you will look good with 184-185

OverSixFeetTall

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »

Wow literally the same deal.

Hope your read your journey one day.

I’ll going with Dr. Paley, Canadian doctor in USA.

When the time comes I’ll be doing a journal.

For me it will just be 3 inches via femurs.
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

Canon

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »

Same problem here with 185. Don't feel tall enough

dannyd19d

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »

Hatch: I dont know, but I have a cousin who is about 184 cm and when we stand next to each other there is almost no difference, but when I stand next to my friends who are 186 cm there is a big difference, maybe it depends on stature of compared people in relation to me.

Kilohahn: but if you do stretching exercises to be more flexible before surgery, can I reduce possible risks, cant I?

Iron_man: but tibias are too long to recover while if I do femur stryde I can walk much quicker.

Pages: [1]   Go Up