Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiking after Limb Lengthening  (Read 1174 times)

Issun-Boshi

Hiking after Limb Lengthening
« on: January 03, 2020, 03:11:53 PM »

Hi - this is my first post here. I've been looking around the forum to try and find an answer to this but most of it related to running & distance running.

I've been considering the surgery but like everyone, I'm also concerned about life after LL.

Hiking is a pretty big part of my life - I'm wondering if it would still be possible after the surgery?
By hiking I mean both just going trekking in the woods for a couple of hours, but also maybe doing bigger multi-days expeditions like Kilimanjaro. Would this still be possible after the surgery?

If it's relevant, I'm planning to do 6.5cm on femurs, and if all all goes well, maybe another 5cm on tibias.

Appreciate anyone who had a similar experience (e.g. also an avid hiker & had the surgery) & can provide insights. Thanks!

FormerKidd

Re: Hiking after Limb Lengthening
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 12:36:23 AM »

I hike occasionally.  It is absolutely possible, but it may be several months before you feel up to it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 01:09:15 AM »

I've never been on a big hike like to Kilamanjaro so I don't know about those, but I love going on 1-day hikes.

Issun-Boshi

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 06:36:52 AM »

I hike occasionally.  It is absolutely possible, but it may be several months before you feel up to it.

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any difficulties going on the hikes? How different does it feel compared to prior to the surgery? Is it more difficult or just about the same?

I've never been on a big hike like to Kilamanjaro so I don't know about those, but I love going on 1-day hikes.

Thank you for replying! Like the question above, do you have any difficulties going on these 1-day hikes? Does it feel very different compared to before the surgery? Are you able to keep up with a group or are you mainly restricted to solo 'go at your own pace' hikes?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 03:18:26 PM »

It's about the same as before, just a little harder to balance and a little easier to get muscle fatigue in the lengthened muscles.

Successful LL is like that with pretty much everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up