Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Journey: Femurs with Dr Mahboubian  (Read 4074 times)

F3

• Visitor
Re: A New Journey: Femurs with Dr Mahboubian
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2020, 06:57:54 AM »

Hi,
Sorry didn’t post in a while. Got busy with the daily routine. And was in lot of pain the first couple of weeks. I didn’t have much motivation to post.
It’s Day 25 today, since my surgery and I’ve lengthened over 1.5 mm as per ERC.
I had a lot of pain in my right leg which I believe was  nerve pain. I was prescribed Gabapentin. Pain is not bad now but there is a sharp pain above the knee on the inside when I turn and move. Left leg seems to alright, no pain or whatsoever.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2020, 07:34:36 AM »

I got my post op xrays and I have a concern regarding the osteotomy. It looks like my bones are mis aligned after the osteotomy. I’m worried if this is something to worry. I have seen all of M’s rays before and all of them seem to be nicely aligned. It’s sad to see mine like this. Anyways just wanted to know if this is something to be worried of.
Here are the X-rays
https://imgur.com/gallery/LOeUvEt

taller2023

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2020, 08:29:59 AM »

I got my post op xrays and I have a concern regarding the osteotomy. It looks like my bones are mis aligned after the osteotomy. I’m worried if this is something to worry. I have seen all of M’s rays before and all of them seem to be nicely aligned. It’s sad to see mine like this. Anyways just wanted to know if this is something to be worried of.
Here are the X-rays

You look lot good to Meck.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64498.msg178213;topicseen#msg178213

moneyOnmoney1212

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2020, 10:25:05 PM »

Here are the X-rays
Brother praying for you.....I am sure things like this make you worry.
Did Mahboubian say anything about it?
Wishing you a great recovery and please keep us updated....there are people here for you....god bless.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 05:06:24 PM »

Hi F3,

I know from the x-ray you must be worried, however I am very hopeful this is something Dr. M. can resolve. You may experience more pain during the process that he would use to fix the issue, but I am confident you will finally have your normal legs back.   

Best Wishes,
SNC
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »

Mahboubian assured that there is no misalignment and said regardless, any misalignment will be corrected during lengthening. I guess I just have to take him for his word.
Also, The front view doesn’t look bad but it’s the side view which looks a bit misaligned. May be it’s not that bad. I don’t know.
Full X-rats here: https://imgur.com/a/41yu24E

F3

• Visitor

moneyOnmoney1212

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2020, 09:15:44 PM »

Awesome man.....looking from that view it looks normal.
Very glad to hear.....hope you are feeling less worried.
How have you been feeling otherwise? Recovery going well??

Movie

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2020, 04:28:44 AM »

Ohhh the right femur has the alignment a bit more forward the upper part of the bone, I thought it was regular x ray from the front of the thigh. If the bone missaligns a bit forward I don't think causes significant differences/issues. xray on the right leg looks decent, not great, but decent, left leg is good no worries on that one.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2020, 05:35:36 AM »

@SNC- I hope so man, thanks for the assurance. I guess I need it the most now.

@moneyOnmoney yeah man was a lil bummed since Mahboubian’s alignment is usually on point. I hope it’s not that bad and doesn’t affect me in any way.
I’m doing okay. For me it’s the right leg since day 1 which is causing trouble. The inner thigh part  below the knee hurts when I do some lateral movements. Like sharp pains. Apart from that it’s been okay. Nothing unbearable. I’m close to 2CMS now and i feel some tightness and pain.

@movie- yeah I realized it lately. I panicked as soon as I saw the difference in alignment. As I said Mahboubian said it’s going to be fine. So let’s see.

Yesterday I guess I over did the PT with lots of walking both assisted and unassisted and rode  the bike for 40 mins and man I was super sore by night. Was in a lot of pain. I took a full narco and slept after some struggling. Was fine by morning though.
I’m usually taking Tylenol extra strength during day to manage pain. And trying to take narco when the pain is high.

How long did you guys take the opioids for? Or is it better to take on need basis?

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »

Mahboubian assured that there is no misalignment and said regardless, any misalignment will be corrected during lengthening. I guess I just have to take him for his word.
Also, The front view doesn’t look bad but it’s the side view which looks a bit misaligned. May be it’s not that bad. I don’t know.

Hi F3,

I believe you will be okay, considering the more x-rays you sent and also Dr. M.'s assurance that he would fix any possible misalignments.

Did you find out that in case of any misalignment and the need to correct during lengthening, how Dr. M. make it work? is it through some certain PT sessions? I assume you asked and he told you what at least the rough plan would be in case misalignment start to form as a problem.
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2020, 12:58:07 PM »

Hi F3,

I believe you will be okay, considering the more x-rays you sent and also Dr. M.'s assurance that he would fix any possible misalignments.

Did you find out that in case of any misalignment and the need to correct during lengthening, how Dr. M. make it work? is it through some certain PT sessions? I assume you asked and he told you what at least the rough plan would be in case misalignment start to form as a problem.

Alignment can only be fixed with invasive surgery, basically redoing the entire surgery and reaming again and pulling out the rod and back in and stuff, taking out nails blah blah. Alignment fix is incredible easy with external fixators though. One of the major flaws of internal nail only lengthening. No amount of PT will fix misalignment.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »

@SNC- it’s not really him fixing anything. He said it will be corrected during lengthening. I will talk to him about it in detail at my next appointment.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2020, 09:22:25 PM »

@SNC- it’s not really him fixing anything. He said it will be corrected during lengthening. I will talk to him about it in detail at my next appointment.

I see. Perhaps the misalignment is so minor at this point, that Dr. M. know by the time you are done with the consolidation, the bone would heal properly with no misalignment at all; but I agree with you that you should have a serious and careful talk with Dr. M. 

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2020, 04:33:03 AM »

F3 please brother let us know if you are still ok or deformity

User requested self-ban.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2020, 03:31:19 AM »

Hey ghkid2019,
I'm doing fine. currently at 60mm and no deformity. Sorry, there wasn't any update from me, I got busy with work, and life.
Dr.M said I'm doing very well during my last visit and was impressed with my flexibility. These are my Xrays from my last visit (excuse me for the pics, I just took pics from the docs). will try to upload some videos soon.

https://imgur.com/a/bpRSmO5

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2020, 03:38:57 AM »

Hey ghkid2019,
I'm doing fine. currently at 60mm and no deformity. Sorry, there wasn't any update from me, I got busy with work, and life.
Dr.M said I'm doing very well during my last visit and was impressed with my flexibility. These are my Xrays from my last visit (excuse me for the pics, I just took pics from the docs). will try to upload some videos soon.

https://imgur.com/a/bpRSmO5

That definitely looks better than previous

Good luck man and no worries your x-ray photo is good alrdy

U want to hit 80mm or 70mm?

Thank you Fthree

User requested self-ban.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2020, 07:10:57 AM »

Aiming for the full 8cms. But will see how my body reacts. Will do at least 7.5!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up