Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: chasing a lifetime dream  (Read 20587 times)

AnotherShorty

Re: chasing a lifetime dream
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2021, 05:28:10 AM »

Hi Sunshine,

I feel so bad that after doing everything right, the consolidation didn’t go as expected.
May I ask, what did Dr Halil suggest? my understanding of these x-rays is not good, but I see all that callus over the bone gap. So this can not be a case of non - union right? It's just delayed consolidation?
I am sure that you will overcome this minor hurdle. Take care and all the best.

Regards,
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

Dirona

« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2021, 05:36:48 AM »

Is it not possible to check at every stage during distraction whether bone is growing or not?I hope your consolidation is successful
Taking it easy

Dirona

« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2021, 05:55:44 AM »

Taking it easy

Sunshine

« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2021, 06:43:57 AM »

@AnotherShorty
I think there’s a misunderstanding here lol. My callus growth at day 88 post-distraction on Precice is actually good according to Dr. Halil! It’s just not comparable to someone who’s been able to put full weight on their legs and who’s been walking unaided since day 1 on Stryde! My callus has been growing consistently throughout my journey but since I’ve only been able to stand and walk with a walker only since day 1, I simply can’t expect to have same consolidation speed as someone who’s on Stryde!

@Realistic
Yes if you don’t have callus at all in your bone gap at 8 months post-op as shown in Donghoon’s video then yes this is effectively non-union. But I’m not there yet lol. My callus has been visible throughout my lengthening and is bridging the gap, slowly but surely lol

AnotherShorty

« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2021, 07:22:39 AM »

Phew! Alright, this makes sense. I was under the impression that you have hit a complication. Take care and give us a piece of good news real soon.

permanentlybanned

« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2021, 09:31:47 AM »

this is not non union
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Dirona

« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2021, 09:40:44 AM »

@sunshine

Sorry man..I thought it was..I wish you a very speedy and safe lengthening...
Taking it easy

Tartar

« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2021, 12:04:13 PM »

Sunshine, I don’t see the lateral view but your right femur is already healed, just need to wait 1-2 months for the left one.
Your bone is strong, even a bit more than average I’d say 8)

Vibes

« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2021, 02:03:53 AM »

What are the best ways to speed up callus growth during consolidation?

Apollo676

« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2021, 11:26:20 PM »

Looks good Sunshine ! Hope you'll get 100% recovery soon enough,but that strange,i thought even guys who did like LON femurs could be full weight bearing after the consolidation phase

permanentlybanned

« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2021, 11:32:00 PM »

What are the best ways to speed up callus growth during consolidation?

Standing and other weight bearing activities. For sunshine though because it's precice and non weight bearing, standing is dangerous until at least significant callus which is not quite there yet. So for sunshine, best is just time. Bone Supplements help marginally like jarrows bone up. Eating well and alot calories also.
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Sunshine

« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2021, 12:21:06 AM »

No problem Realistic!
Tartar, I too think my right femur has stronger callus than my left one.
ghkid2021, yeah non-union is not really something I worry about. I’m more concerned about preserving the integrity of my Precice nails. There are so many things I’d like to do and I’m burning to walk again but I simply don’t wanna upset these Precice as the last thing I need right now is a catastrophic failure of the nails, ie. a bend or a break!
Vibes, the best way to speed up callus growth during consolidation is walking unaided if your lengthening device allows full weight bearing. Walking and putting pressure on your bones and callus stimulate blood circulation thus callus growth.
Apollo676, I believe LON femurs is more weight bearing than Precice!

174 days post-op
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 01:42:12 AM by Sunshine »

fritz

• Visitor
« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2021, 06:41:59 AM »

Hi Sunshine, i sent you a pm. Can you please check your inbox. Thnx

Sunshine

« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »

Hey fritz, just replied! Hope you received it!

fritz

• Visitor
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2021, 09:56:33 AM »

Hey fritz, just replied! Hope you received it!

Yes, I did. Thanks :)

permanentlybanned

« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2021, 02:49:31 PM »

Right one looks good. Just time now for the left one. Almost there. Very good patience mentality Sunshine, you will succeed with that safeness

AnotherShorty

« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2021, 08:12:50 PM »

Hey Sunshine,

How are you doing? Tell me life is back to normal and you are enjoying your new height feeling absolutely healthy.

Sunshine

« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2021, 02:31:08 AM »

Hey AnotherShorty,

long time no update lol. Yeah life’s slowly getting back, albeit with a slight difference. Under face mask and sunglasses, I’m totally unrecognizable from the old me. Sometimes I feel like I’ve been given a new chance to be reborn into a new life, new world! Reality is the world around me is still the same and I am still me but different at the same time! My brain hasn’t adjusted to my eyes’ perspective yet! People that appear tall from afar are actually my height or shorter when I get close! My 175cm colleague who was definitely taller than me before still appears tall from afar. But we were both shocked how I towered over her when face to face lol.

@ghkid,
thanks Man! I’m overly cautious and not taking any chance with my nails. Would be a shame if a situation arises now that I’m so close to full consolidation!

Some updates since my last post…

02/17/2021 - 6 months post-op

04/16/2021 - 8 months post-op

05/21/2021 - 9 months post-op

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:34:35 AM by Sunshine »

Limbfan2020

« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2021, 08:09:22 AM »

Congrats dude! Nice bone formation..

How is your gait?Do you still have a limp?

Sunshine

« Reply #205 on: May 27, 2021, 07:12:08 PM »

Thanks Limbfan2020!
So I started walking unaided earlier this month of May 2021, 9 months post-op! I crutch most of the times especially on long distance. I only walk unaided at home on short distances as I don’t feel comfortable walking on my own too long too much with my callus not fully hardened! So yes my gait is swaying. I feel like I’m learning to walk again with new biomechanics and weaker soft tissues!

« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »

Congratz 🎉🎊💪🏼😉

exo

• Visitor
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2021, 01:59:26 PM »

So happy to see you're doing really well.

Congrats!
current height: 174cm
goal height: 180cm

father: 198cm
mother: 155cm

willgettaller

• Visitor
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »

I

willgettaller

• Visitor
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2021, 08:11:24 PM »

Giotikas does alot of stryde patients he is more qualified and cheaper then anyone in turkey. the only doctor who has done stryde in turkey almost crippled me and i am suing. and has absolultely no experience except on me. i had to go to giotikas to fix up my serious injuries i got in turkey.

its a no brainer in my eyes. stryde or precise with giotikas, he is more qualified more professional, he is cheaper also, physio is included in the price. you can stay at the physio centre if you want as well. giotikas speaks to his physios and directs them. dont go to turkey its russian roullette

« Reply #206 on: Today at 08:08:11 PM »
ReplyReplyQuoteModifyModify
I used to think the same way but I saw Dr.Inan from Turkey has fixed a problem of a patient recently which Dr.Giotikas did not even care too much about. Well Dr.G is one of the best, but  they do not give the deposits back even though I couldn't go there to have my surgery because of visa issue, not something i can solve. And a lot of fellows who went there complain about many things and they say the doctor even doesn't check on them after the surgery.

willgettaller

• Visitor
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2021, 08:14:20 PM »

Hey AnotherShorty,

long time no update lol. Yeah life’s slowly getting back, albeit with a slight difference. Under face mask and sunglasses, I’m totally unrecognizable from the old me. Sometimes I feel like I’ve been given a new chance to be reborn into a new life, new world! Reality is the world around me is still the same and I am still me but different at the same time! My brain hasn’t adjusted to my eyes’ perspective yet! People that appear tall from afar are actually my height or shorter when I get close! My 175cm colleague who was definitely taller than me before still appears tall from afar. But we were both shocked how I towered over her when face to face lol.

@ghkid,
thanks Man! I’m overly cautious and not taking any chance with my nails. Would be a shame if a situation arises now that I’m so close to full consolidation!

Some updates since my last post…

02/17/2021 - 6 months post-op

04/16/2021 - 8 months post-op

05/21/2021 - 9 months post-op

Could you get back to me , will be more than happy thank you.

Growing

« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2021, 10:07:45 AM »

Hey @Sunshine any update? You'd be past the year mark at this point right? Any walking or hight comparison videos?

Sunshine

« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2021, 12:16:36 AM »

@exo
Thanks Man! We have such similar stats lol
@MuratEkinci
Thanks Bro!
@Growing
Long time no update lol. I rarely check the forum now, life goes on, I slowly assimilate and get used to my new height! I just met my friends and family after 2 years and it was amusing! Some asked if I grew up lol, others said they don’t remember I was so tall before lol. I just replied it must be the US beef I eat in America that made me taller lol. I’m on vacation right now at the beach and I was happily surprised to see pictures of myself taken by family members. My silhouette is slender and my legs especially thighs look obviously longer! Even my shins look longer than I remember they were! Looks like distraction of femurs had an impact on lower legs at the same time! I remember I had shin’s numbness during femurs distraction, felt like nerve pains. Someone said all our limbs are inter-connected in one way or another. I now can attest this is true lol.
To answer your question, next week will be 1 year since my surgery! I walked full weight bearing pretty late at 8 months due to my precice limitations and my fear of compromising bending or breaking them! In the beginning I didn’t dare walking unaided too long too much. But I had terrifying missteps where I almost tripped and almost fell! I caught up my falls by putting full weight on 1 single leg and accidentally pressed really hard on that single leg! I really thought I was done lol. But to my big surprise nothing happened! I felt no pain and didn’t hear any crack from my nail lol. From there my confidence shoot up exponentially and I started to walk longer distances on my own. My last x-rays are from may, 9 months post-op. Today I’m pretty confident my callus should be almost fully hardened. I now walk every day and have no fear going upstairs or downstairs.
However my walk is not smooth at all. I sway and waddle quiet a bit. I think this is due to me walking unaided pretty late at 8 months due to these precice.
I don’t have walking or height comparison videos but I can tell you I now visibly tower my friends and family members who were taller than me at 175-176 cms! I even compared ourselves side by side in the mirror and boy what a difference lol.

JimmyJW

• Visitor
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2021, 02:06:46 PM »

What's your final height dude?

drxboom

« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2022, 01:03:22 AM »

I've been following this diary from the very beginning, hope all is well. Has your bone healed completely? How is your walk?
I hope you are enjoying taller height
170cm goal 177 -178

Achieverr

« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2022, 05:20:53 AM »

This is actually giving us hope for the precice 2
I mean you have travelled and moved around with those nails , man this is crazy  ;) ;)
Now I have second thoughts as I was considering G-nail (obviously due to weight bearing limitation) but seeing your diary I may consider the Precice again , so confused ..
Thanks Buddy , hope that all is working well now for you
"We suffer more often in imagination than in reality"

Sunshine

« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2022, 09:09:47 AM »

@JimmyJW
I haven’t measured my current exact height but one of my house’s door is 179 cm tall and every time I cross that door if I forget to slightly bend my head I would hit that door frame with the top of my skull and it kinda hurts lol. So I know I’m at least 180 cm.
@drxboom,
Thanks Bro! My last x-rays are from 4 months ago and I don’t even mind taking new ones again. I’ve been crutchless since last summer and been walking driving swimming carrying heavy loads, standing on 1 leg etc…I don’t even pay attention or fear for my precice nails to break or bend anymore! My walking is almost normal now. My gait is not back to 100% of what it was pre-op. There’s something robotic in my walk lol and my pelvis is still slightly tilting forward.
Regarding the new height I definitely live a new life now. It’s like I’m on the other side of the bridge now. The new height soothed my mind. I’m in peace with myself now.
@Achieverr
Thanks Man! This surgery gave me a second life! I’ve been waiting for this my whole life.
On a side note, weight is the enemy of precice. I’ve been super careful and paranoid with my precice nails. I’ve been on walker till month 9 then on crutches from month 10 to 11. I only got rid of the crutches on month 11 once I felt confident my callus was strong enough to support my whole weight on 1 leg at a time. And I can’t even count how many kilograms of dairy products and calcium I ate during lengthening and consolidation.
09/08/2021

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up