Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: chasing a lifetime dream  (Read 20578 times)

Sunshine

Re: chasing a lifetime dream
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 06:49:59 PM »

Sunshine,
I am so happy for you; that you went after your dream and finally did it. I can't wait to see you tall and perfect in a few months. Be strong brother! 

SNC, your older Bro :D

Thanks Bro!
Good luck to you too! I'm amazed to meet someone even older than me doing this surgery. It will be interesting to compare our recoveries, you on Stryde with Mahboubian in the US, me on Precice with Buldu in Turkey. How's your walking 3 weeks post-operation? Are your legs swollen? Do you feel pain when walking ?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »

Sunshine, I really don't think you should stand at all. Precice has and will break just by trying to stand. It is not weight bearing. Please avoid standing, for your own sake. Have a good one
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Sunshine

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2020, 07:26:11 PM »

ghkid2019,
you mean not standing at all even with the support of the walker or you mean not standing hands off the walker ? Cuz walking with the walker is part of my PT and recommended by my Doctor!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2020, 10:30:27 PM »

Thanks Bro!
Good luck to you too! I'm amazed to meet someone even older than me doing this surgery. It will be interesting to compare our recoveries, you on Stryde with Mahboubian in the US, me on Precice with Buldu in Turkey. How's your walking 3 weeks post-operation? Are your legs swollen? Do you feel pain when walking ?

Sunshine Bro,
Overall walking is not an issue for me. I walk with crutches. I feel pain at times, but I would say the pain is manageable all the time. I would rate the pain during walking as ranging between 0 to 3 on right and 1 to 5 on left. The cases of pain level 4 or 5 on left mostly happen when I lift the leg to turn or move forward. I believe my left leg has some swelling due to healing delay since the surgery, whereas my right feels pretty normal.   

I however feel pain mostly while sitting or lying on the bed, especially if my legs are straight. At night time, I HAVE to take pain killers, otherwise, I would suffer exponentially more, which makes it almost unbearable. With the pain killers the pain even on left is limited to 3 for about 8 hours (I take two 650 mg Tylenol tablets). 

One last thing is that my knowledge on other types of surgeries (than what I have done with Dr. M.) is very limited. Looks like some folks here believe you should not walk much. Please be extra careful on everything about your surgery, exercises, moves, food, etc.. The last thing we want is to head back to the surgery room!

Take care Bro, Please keep in touch and let me know if I can answer any other questions.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 11:52:09 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

TwinMusicom

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 02:07:33 AM »

Thanks Skyisthelimit for your input!
I totally ruled out externals because of all the advantages offered by internals! I read the diary of the patient who did LON with Buldu, I wish there were more precice diaries as well with that doctor..

Hey Sunshine :)

Thanks for making this diary!

What are your thoughts on  Giotikas vs Javier Downey in Spain for Stryde?

I'm planning to do LL in two years, I'm an American considering Giotikas in  Greece  and Downey in Spain

Sunshine

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 02:19:37 AM »

Hey Sunshine :)

Thanks for making this diary!

What are your thoughts on  Giotikas vs Javier Downey in Spain for Stryde?

I'm planning to do LL in two years, I'm an American considering Giotikas in  Greece  and Downey in Spain
Hey TwinMusicom,
As far as I know Giotikas looks good with solid records. I think he's amongst the best in Europe for Stryde and Precice. Regarding Downey I haven't heard much about him on this forum, maybe you can check his profile in the Limb Lengthening Doctors section.

Sunshine

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2020, 02:23:34 AM »

One last thing is that my knowledge on other types of surgeries (than what I have done with Dr. M.) is very limited. Looks like some folks here believe you should not walk much. Please be extra careful on everything about your surgery, exercises, moves, food, etc.. The last thing we want is to head back to the surgery room!

Take care Bro, Please keep in touch and let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks Bro!

Stealth

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2020, 03:05:36 AM »

Interesting.. has they been any positive diary from Turkey?
The surgeon you chosed seems to have good reputation hope it goes well keep us posted
Lon method is quiet cheap 16000 euros..is this method riskier?

Sunshine

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2020, 04:19:33 AM »

Interesting.. has they been any positive diary from Turkey?
The surgeon you chosed seems to have good reputation hope it goes well keep us posted
Lon method is quiet cheap 16000 euros..is this method riskier?
Thanks Stealth!
I think there are couple people who posted on here about their current diary in Turkey on LON and it looks like they're happy with their choice. I'm not too familiar on LON but €16000 is way cheaper than internal methods. I never considered LON because internal nails are supposed to be safer with less infection risk. And I didn't want to have more scars than necessary too. I'm happy with my Doctor choice, he's very approachable and chill, you can almost joke with him about anything lol. Always answers to my questions promptly.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2020, 03:29:04 PM »

So I just asked the doctor's representative Murat who took that picture about the matter and he says I look 1m76 because he took the picture in fisheye mode on iPhone🤣

Why would he want to distort the picture of your before height with a fisheye lens making you appear taller? Did he take another picture with no filter? I believe you would want it to be able to compare the before and after heights appropriately.
Btw, how’s everything doing so far?

Sunshine

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2020, 04:54:10 PM »

@Skyisthelimit,
He took a couple pics in a row and they're all the same in fisheye lens. He just likes that fisheye mode when taking pics from his phone or mine! Well I guess I'll have to retake pics with the same Doctor Buldu after distraction ends to compare to the before surgery. Otherwise so far I'm on my 4th day of distraction and it's been up and down. Before distraction I walked pretty decently without too much pain at lift off of the feet. Then I started distraction and stood up a little longer that day and my walking went down for the next 2 days! The pain shoot up every time I lift off the foot. So now I avoid standing up too much and only walks to the bathroom and back to my bed. My walking is now less painful as long as I don't walk more than necessary, ie. only to the bathroom lol. The physiotherapist comes every day to make me work out my IT Band, quads, bending the knees, lifting the legs etc...
Here are some updates to my diary from August 8th.

August 10th
Discharge from hospital 5 days post-surgery.

Bye Bye 👋 Medicana hospital! All the staff and nurses were so sweet, I will miss them a lot, especially the nurses lol

Back to the TZL Suites for 10 days!

Breakfast included lol

1st Physiotherapy session with a very nice and chatty girl lol. Bending the knees, lifting the legs, opening the legs is painful like hell!

August 12th
Distraction starts 7 days after surgery!

Kal el

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2020, 08:20:10 PM »

Hey bro sunshine....wht are your pre body stats like inseam,wing span....and wht final height goal are you looking upto.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2020, 08:31:22 PM »

Hey bro sunshine....wht are your pre body stats like inseam,wing span....and wht final height goal are you looking upto.

Yes, I also am interested in these measurements. May we know, Sunshine?

Good Luck
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

taller2023

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2020, 11:27:03 PM »

Hye Sunshine

how much did your surgery cost?

Stealth

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2020, 11:34:58 PM »

Yea good choice
Hmm you flying back to your own country will you be doing physio in your home country?
X rays? What if one leg is longer than other during lengthening phase?
I'd stay in turkey for lengthening phase personally
And can your nail reverse backwards if over lengthen?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2020, 01:16:16 AM »

Yea good choice
Hmm you flying back to your own country will you be doing physio in your home country?
X rays? What if one leg is longer than other during lengthening phase?
I'd stay in turkey for lengthening phase personally
And can your nail reverse backwards if over lengthen?

Yes precice nail can go backwards.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Sunshine

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2020, 04:17:48 AM »

@Alamin,
It's crazy we didn't think about measuring my stats pre-surgery during my consultation with Buldu on August 3rd! He was just landing back from his vacations that day and and our meeting was even delayed to a very late hour into the night! When I finally met him we discussed about the surgery and I asked him various questions but completely forgot to ask him to measure my sitting height inseam wingspan!! We just finished the meeting with that customary picture of me him and the measurement chart.
Otherwise I just know for a fact that my torso is longer than my legs and my wingspan is longer than my height. My goal is at least 180cm! That height is a dream I thought was unattainable and would never come true before I die! It's happening right now after 30 years of waiting and I'm not there yet cuz I can see now it's not gonna be easy to reach that mark. The surgery does not warrant you will automatically reach your goal! I don't know how my body will react to lengthening, the PT work is crucial in this journey. It all depends on my PT work and my body's ability to handle the distraction and to generate new bone in the gap. It's gonna be a long and painful journey cuz I'm not that young anymore and although my fitness is my asset, Doctor Buldu told me some people were physically strong before surgery but not that good at bone formation post-surgery while other younger patients were better at generating new bones! Each body is just unique and different at handling lengthening.

@a
Thanks, I'll try get my sitting height and wingspan measured and will post them here.

@taller2023
€35000

@Stealth
Yeah I plan to fly back home and continue lengthening there. They allow me to bring the ERC remote with me! I also plan to do PT myself at home as I now know the exercices from my physiotherapist. If it gets too hard then I'll hire a physiotherapist. I'll have to send my Doctor X-Rays every 2 weeks for follow up.
@ghkid2019 is absolutely right, the advantage of Precice and Stryde over other nails is that they are reversible! They can go both ways, they can distract but also reverse backwards so we can always correct leg length discrepancies.

deaddog

• Visitor
Re: Precice-2 with Dr. Buldu in Turkey
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2020, 10:01:51 AM »

August 6

My new life starts today!

Many congratulations Sunshine!! ;D

Whenever things get tough, just remember to keep your eyes on the prize... Your dedication to fitness is impressive and that same dedication will serve you well as you lengthen to your goal height and during consolidation...

I look forward to keeping up with your great diary... Stay strong, you got this!! ;)

Frederico86

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2020, 12:16:42 PM »

Hey Sunshine

I saw your pics and I am following your diary . Im 172.5 cm and I would like to do LON method with Dr Buldu hopefully to reach 1,80 cm
I have a good feeling about Dr Buldu keep us updated about your recovery !

Cheers Frederico

Sunshine

Re: Precice-2 with Dr. Halil Buldu in Turkey August 2020
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »

Many congratulations Sunshine!! ;D

Whenever things get tough, just remember to keep your eyes on the prize... Your dedication to fitness is impressive and that same dedication will serve you well as you lengthen to your goal height and during consolidation...

I look forward to keeping up with your great diary... Stay strong, you got this!! ;)
Thanks deaddog,
This dedication to fitness was at the same a painful life since age 7! I always strived to push my body to the limit in sports, I'm just addicted to that endorphines high effect. Every time I ran my daily morning 10km I gave it all finishing the run with nothing left in the tank! Some days I was sick my legs were sore or my body didn't feel like getting out there and run again, but I always overcame my pain and found the energy to get out of my house and run that 10km. I did it again and again and again throughout the years and eventually the pain and the long distance run just became a routine in my life. Even the weather couldn't stop me from running, whether it rains snows, the wind freezing temperatures thunderstorms heat wave in the desert, nothing would stop me from running lol.
So when that day has finally come when I got to meet Doctor Buldu for the consultation I felt like all those years of painful work outs and runs will be my biggest asset in this journey! When Doctor Buldu saw my legs he said I can see you have good and healthy legs. Then he tested my legs flexibility and was impressed lol. He rolled his eyes and said Wow you are REALLY VERY flexible lol. He asked me You really stretched a lot those last months huh, I replied Yes Doctor I've been stretching my whole life 😂.
So yes my fitness will be my biggest ally in this long and painful journey. I've been dreaming about that utopian height my entire life. Now this dream is within reach, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. Doctor Buldu already warned me fitness won't do it all in recovery and bone generation. I'll have to keep up with PT, keep stretching all those leg muscles hamstrings quads IT Band etc...I already have a taste of what's laying ahead. Keeping my leg muscles up with distraction   will be the biggest challenge I've ever encountered in my life. This is the worst physical pain I've ever felt in my life. The PT sessions and moving the legs are so hard and painful as of today August 16th, 11 days post-surgery and on my 5th day distraction!
As you say whenever it gets tough, when PT and walking hurt like hell I remember why I'm doing this, I remember all those years of frustration where I almost lost hope of ever being tall or at least being at a decent height! Yeah when it gets tough I think about that dream that is now within reach!
Regarding consolidation, by body's ability to generate new bone is a big unknown due to my age! Oh well, we'll see...

Sunshine

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2020, 04:46:58 PM »

Hey Sunshine

I saw your pics and I am following your diary . Im 172.5 cm and I would like to do LON method with Dr Buldu hopefully to reach 1,80 cm
I have a good feeling about Dr Buldu keep us updated about your recovery !

Cheers Frederico
Hey Frederico,
Looks like we have something in common too! I haven't heard bad reviews about Dr. Buldu when deciding on my choice for the surgeon. And my initial interaction and contact with him convinced me I can trust him for this surgery. If you choose Dr. Buldu, make sure to get in touch only with him or his only patient coordinator Murat Ekinci. If it's someone else claiming to be Buldu's representative or patient coordinator or working for him then he's a scammer and will get you another surgeon than Dr Buldu for your surgery! Those scammers just use Buldu's name and reputation to lure customers!
There are couple people doing LON right now here with Buldu and I think they're happy with their choice.

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2020, 04:56:30 PM »

Indeed there are scammers who uses DrHalil's name, please contact only with me by WhatsApp if you wish to have surgery by Dr Halil BULDU. WhatsApp: +905330164562

taller2023

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2020, 08:21:43 PM »

Indeed there are scammers who uses DrHalil's name, please contact only with me by WhatsApp if you wish to have surgery by Dr Halil BULDU. WhatsApp: +905330164562

How that legal to use Dr. Buldu name never hear that before.  In my country doctor can sue.

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2020, 08:29:04 PM »

How that legal to use Dr. Buldu name never hear that before.  In my country doctor can sue.

We took legal action but the servers are not in Turkey thats why we are warning people in both here and in social media about this issue.

taller2023

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2020, 08:32:51 PM »

Hey Frederico,
Looks like we have something in common too! I haven't heard bad reviews about Dr. Buldu when deciding on my choice for the surgeon. And my initial interaction and contact with him convinced me I can trust him for this surgery. If you choose Dr. Buldu, make sure to get in touch only with him or his only patient coordinator Murat Ekinci. If it's someone else claiming to be Buldu's representative or patient coordinator or working for him then he's a scammer and will get you another surgeon than Dr Buldu for your surgery! Those scammers just use Buldu's name and reputation to lure customers!
There are couple people doing LON right now here with Buldu and I think they're happy with their choice.

I dot think it all correct.  I like you writing on how you doing and dairy stuff.
Isn’t that illegal for scammers to that do.  I will look up. Dr. Buldu is on my list of doctors.
Keep on with dairy and stay strong.

taller2023

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2020, 08:37:54 PM »

We took legal action but the servers are not in Turkey thats why we are warning people in both here and in social media about this issue.

Good. But why they use his name and not other doctors.
I will look up.  Something no right here

Sunshine

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2020, 05:00:18 AM »

I dot think it all correct.  I like you writing on how you doing and dairy stuff.
Isn’t that illegal for scammers to that do.  I will look up. Dr. Buldu is on my list of doctors.
Keep on with dairy and stay strong.
Thanks taller2023,
This is the warning I got from Murat regarding those scams in Turkey which are apparently common here.
Some updates on my journey:

August 17th
12th day post-surgery and 5th day of distraction
I just woke up and tonight I'll be 0.5 cm taller lol. Something I noticed about my body's reaction to lengthening: when I wake up in the morning my leg muscles are super sore and stiff. I think it's due to the PT session the day before! Getting out of my bed to walk to the toilets is such a struggle cuz I can barely bend my knees in the morning, all my leg muscles quads hamstrings IT Band are sore and hurt. I have to use all my upper body and arms strength to creep slowly towards the edge of the bed. Walking to the toilets with the walker is so painful, I can barely lift the feet so it takes forever to walk just 7 meters  to the bathroom! Then the way back to the bed, same struggle. I now need to get back on the bed and it's even harder!! I'm lengthening and spending the 10 days here alone without any one to assist me during my stay at the hotel. I then have breakfast on my bed with the courtesy room service then rest watch tv and playing on my phone until late afternoon when the physiotherapist comes around 4pm. Oh and I distract in the morning afternoon and evening. By the time the physiotherapist arrives my legs have rested all day and feel much better with less pain. The PT sessions are hard but I always push my leg muscles and always try to bend the knees as far as I can. At the end of PT session the physiotherapist put ice on my knees to releave them before she leaves. For the rest of the day my legs don't hurt as much as they did in the morning. I go to the bathroom in the evening without too much pain and difficulty, although walking to the bathroom is still super slow it's not as painful as it was in the morning. I sleep pretty late around midnight and the same cycle repeats again. The next morning when I wake up my legs are super sore and moving bending the knees is such a struggle and so painful.
So I think this is how my body reacts to lengthening! I'm not sure if it's due to my age. Despite all my fitness PT sessions is no walk in the park for me. I lengthened just 4 mm so far and I already feel all these pains daily. The journey to reach my dream is gonna be tough painful and long...the result is not even guaranteed cuz I don't know how far my body can tolerate this lengthening. I will of course push my body to the limit as I always did...

taller2023

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:52 AM »

Hye sunshine

Did you contact doctor or use Murat.  I like to talk to doctor and ask some questions. Can you give number.  Than

Sunshine

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2020, 08:22:02 AM »

Hye sunshine

Did you contact doctor or use Murat.  I like to talk to doctor and ask some questions. Can you give number.  Than
taller2023,
I contacted Dr. Buldu website and the WhatsApp number +905330164562 listed there is his patient coordinator's Murat who responded directly to me. Then I asked him Dr. Buldu's personal number so I can talk directly to Buldu. That's how you get Dr. Buldu's personal number, he's not listing his personal number on his website! His office/patient coordinator responds to your questions first. I talked to both of them before my surgery, they answer pretty fast as long as you send them WhatsApp messages during daytime in Turkey! Dr. Buldu answers most of the times by direct voice message, I guess it's faster and more convenient for him with his schedule here.

My still swollen legs and feet 12 days post-surgery

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:22:24 AM by Sunshine »

Kal el

« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2020, 05:17:19 PM »

Hey sunshine plz let us know ur inseam and wingspan pre surgery.

more

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:37 PM »

Good. But why they use his name and not other doctors.
I will look up.  Something no right here

You are right
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up