Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiences with Dr. Peter Thaler (Berlin, GER) ?  (Read 3189 times)

Siegfried

Experiences with Dr. Peter Thaler (Berlin, GER) ?
« on: July 12, 2020, 04:00:03 PM »

Does anyone on this forum have experiences with Dr. Peter Thaller in Berlin? Apparently he does stryde and is quite experienced.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Ascending

Re: Experiences with Dr. Peter Thaler (Berlin, GER) ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 01:49:57 PM »

Does anyone on this forum have experiences with Dr. Peter Thaller in Berlin? Apparently he does stryde and is quite experienced.

If that's him then he does sound quite good:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Thaller

Siegfried

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 06:43:45 PM »

I consulted him at his practice in Berlin, which is where I live. I will probably go through with quadrilateral lengthening with him. My goal is 10cm, so i will probably split it up the following way:

- tibias: 4-4.5cm
- femurs: 5.5-6.5cm

- Costs: 120k €
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

a

• 5'9
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 06:47:48 PM »

I consulted him at his practice in Berlin, which is where I live. I will probably go through with quadrilateral lengthening with him. My goal is 10cm, so i will probably split it up the following way:

- tibias: 4-4.5cm
- femurs: 5.5-6.5cm

- Costs: 120k €

120k euros lawl? Do you mean 2 CLL's or just one? I think it's 2.

edit: I'm so sorry, I'm kinda asleep and I just realised you mentioned "quadrilateral lenghtening".
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Siegfried

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 06:54:38 PM »

As stated quadrilateral lengthening of both segments. So yes, two separate surgerys within 1 month.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 07:06:32 PM »

As stated quadrilateral lengthening of both segments. So yes, two separate surgerys within 1 month.

Highly recommend against quadrilaterals. Nearly every outcome I've seen went like this 1) extreme pain and they had to stop lengthening early and essentially gained less than if they just did femurs 2) or met their goal but suffered literally months at a time, and huge regret and suffered way more than if they had just done femurs, suffer like lucifer torturing

Even the extreme work ethic person Optimistic1 felt like he was in hell and wanted to die doing quadrilaterals. He Never Recommends it

Just do a 1 year gap, or if you're in a rush 6-8 months. Or just do Femurs and if you're not satisfied do Tibias later. That's the recommendation of pretty much every surgeon. Try Femurs, and you'll likely be fine. doing quads is torture essentially
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »

With 8cm Femurs, you get to 175, great height. Then you can do 5cm tibias later after a year and get to 5'11.

Better result than quads

Or u can do ur intended plan, 6cm Femurs, boom boom. Wait like 5-6 months then get into Tibias. Boom boom ciao. 4cm on this. Perfect you still suffer but not anywhere near as much as both at the same time

User requested self-ban.

Siegfried

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »

The plan is to tibias first and then eventually do femurs 3 weeks later. If its too much initial pain, I could still postpone the femur surgery.

Hagane

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 07:35:00 PM »

The plan is to tibias first and then eventually do femurs 3 weeks later. If its too much initial pain, I could still postpone the femur surgery.

hey siegfried
we pretty much have the same stats lol
i think tibs first is a smart call!
while doing femurs 3 weeks later does pose risks if you are able to hold off that is probably best
however worst case scenario: if the pain becomes unbearable and you havnt reached your lengthening goals yet. you should stop lengthening your femurs and finish your tibias. then you can always go back and rebreak your femurs and finish lengthening.
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Siegfried

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 07:59:57 PM »

Generally speaking there are always risks.
In my case, im a top candidate for the surgery.  I'm in my mid twenties and in very good shape. Ive run marathons and have played a lot of football (soccer for the Americans here). Do yoga and blackroll multiple times a week. There is a lot you can do in your favor to minimize your pain before surgery. Of course, I'm aware this not equate to no pain, but I think it might make a significant difference.

Movie (note: only femurs) and Myevolution (quadrilateral) are good examples, of how important youth and stellar physical shape are and what differnce it can make during the lengthening period.

Hagane

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 08:04:54 PM »

I'm in my mid twenties and in very good shape.

damn we pretty much are the same lol
gained  55.55mm

Hagane

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 08:05:49 PM »

i do want to point out
that while myevo id all four segments:
he did them 1 year apart 
gained  55.55mm

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »

Yea, im talking about the scenario where if you did them 3 weeks apart. That is the exact scenario I am referring to in my examples. Optimistic1 was a top candidate of this surgery too, his work ethic far exceeded any diary I've read. Yet he became depressed and almost wanted to give up the last month. He suffered, badly. You think your yoga and sports will minimize the suffering from quadrilaterals, not really man. Plenty of athletic people and flexible people struggle heavily doing just Femurs. Now imagine doing both segments simultaneously. No amount of soccer will change the fact that four bones are broken and your muscles are being pulled like a torture device and your nerves are being stretched like Zac and soft tissues are swollen and hurt and in big pain tremendous pain

As Paley said, people always think they are the exception and are different for some reason, muh work ethic, blah blah. But everyone struggles like a mf. Everyone. U are no exception -Dr. Paleo diet

I am warning you brother, please. And yeah My evo did them a year apart. Quadrilaterals at the same time will literally wreck you. Evo essentially did them after he recovered from the first. U are doing them together

Be humble bro, I am warning you that you will regret so much sooo much. Please man please I beg I beg ooga booga please man

Femurs then 7 month gap ok?

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 08:42:59 PM »

Yea, im talking about the scenario where if you did them 3 weeks apart. That is the exact scenario I am referring to in my examples. Optimistic1 was a top candidate of this surgery too, his work ethic far exceeded any diary I've read. Yet he became depressed and almost wanted to give up the last month. He suffered, badly. You think your yoga and sports will minimize the suffering from quadrilaterals, not really man. Plenty of athletic people and flexible people struggle heavily doing just Femurs. Now imagine doing both segments simultaneously. No amount of soccer will change the fact that four bones are broken and your muscles are being pulled like a torture device and your nerves are being stretched like Zac and soft tissues are swollen and hurt and in big pain tremendous pain

As Paley said, people always think they are the exception and are different for some reason, muh work ethic, blah blah. But everyone struggles like a mf. Everyone. U are no exception -Dr. Paleo diet

I am warning you brother, please. And yeah My evo did them a year apart. Quadrilaterals at the same time will literally wreck you. Evo essentially did them after he recovered from the first. U are doing them together

Be humble bro, I am warning you that you will regret so much sooo much. Please man please I beg I beg ooga booga please man

Femurs then 7 month gap ok?

hey ghkid would you mind linking optimistics diary?
gained  55.55mm

Siegfried

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »

@ghkid
chill out bro, i think my surgeon might be more qualified than you to make that assesment. but i appreciate the heads up. Nothing is final yet, so theres still plenty of time to make up my mind. maybe ill do it a couple of months apart. ill keep you guys posted.

btw Dr.Paley also prefers doing the two surgerys 3-4 weeks apart, as he said in cyborgs interview.
Yes please, link optistics diary, I'd appreciate it as well.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 09:35:12 PM »

He prefers this over doing all 4 segments in the same surgery, NOT meaning he prefers it OVER doing it across a year gap in between. He refuses to do it in the same surgery actually. He has done it for his acondroplasia dwarves before.

No one does all 4 segments together in the same surgery, as far as I'm concerned

And if your surgeon won't make you reconsider a quadrilateral, then he is not a very good surgeon. Every single good surgeon talks their patient out of it, Paley, Mahboubian, Rozbruch, all will convince their patient heavily and only the most stubborn of patients successfully stay their ground and proceed with simultaneous quadrilaterals (3 weeks staged surgeries = simultaneous). Most patient change their minds (Movie is one of those actually).

Honestly you need to read more diaries before you make a decision.

The reason I'm not chilling out is because I care for you. You are making a HUGE MISTAKE. I PROMISE YOU PLEASE I BEG I BEG JUST DO FEMURS AND COME BACK NEXT YEAR TIBIAS please 😟 or at least 6 month gap I beg I beg lord

I will not chill out sry

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5243.0

For @wannabeidol and @Siegfried

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 11:08:55 PM »

He prefers this over doing all 4 segments in the same surgery, NOT meaning he prefers it OVER doing it across a year gap in between. He refuses to do it in the same surgery actually. He has done it for his acondroplasia dwarves before.

No one does all 4 segments together in the same surgery, as far as I'm concerned

And if your surgeon won't make you reconsider a quadrilateral, then he is not a very good surgeon. Every single good surgeon talks their patient out of it, Paley, Mahboubian, Rozbruch, all will convince their patient heavily and only the most stubborn of patients successfully stay their ground and proceed with simultaneous quadrilaterals (3 weeks staged surgeries = simultaneous). Most patient change their minds (Movie is one of those actually).

Honestly you need to read more diaries before you make a decision.

The reason I'm not chilling out is because I care for you. You are making a HUGE MISTAKE. I PROMISE YOU PLEASE I BEG I BEG JUST DO FEMURS AND COME BACK NEXT YEAR TIBIAS please 😟 or at least 6 month gap I beg I beg lord

I will not chill out sry

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5243.0

For @wannabeidol and @Siegfried

thanks bro <3
gained  55.55mm

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 12:32:19 AM »

@Siegfriedchicken

Re: Bilateral Internal Tib/Fib and Bilateral Internal Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian.
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2018, 04:24:20 AM »
ReplyReplyQuote
Update:

It's been over 3 months since the surgery on my tib/fib and 2 months on my femurs. The pain is almost unbearable every night now. Daytime is okay (0-2/10 pain and only 1 to 2 pills of Norco a day are needed).

It's so bad at night now that I'm doubting myself. I don't know if it's worth it anymore. I started to lose that feeling of being rewarded with a couple inches at the end of the process. I'm dealing with physical pain, mental suffering, severe sleep deprivation (no more than 2 hours of sleep per night for over 3 months), loss of appetite, immobility, loneliness, self-doubt, slight regret, and many more.

My legs, nerves, tissues, and everything from my waist down are extremely tight. I can't stretch my legs more than half way. I can't stand up straight and my duck a** is very bad. I feel a constant pain in my right thigh around 8:00 - 9:00 pm now. This pain doesn't go away until about 8:00 am the next day. I still can bend my knees almost all the way on my left leg but not so much on my right leg.

On top of all these, I'm dealing with other personal and business matters. I don't have the energy for anything. I just want to stay in bed and do nothing. I'm no longer myself. That motivated and ambitious man is long gone. I get pissed off at everything so easy now.  I also get pissed off at everyone easily now. I really try to control myself at work.

My advice to all future CLL is DO NOT do both segments at the same time. It will break you. It's not so much about how painful it is. It's more about how long you can endure that pain.

Optimistic1

User requested self-ban.

Siegfried

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 10:18:37 AM »

you do know he did precice right? Stryde does make a significant improvement in muscle stiffness, mobility, faster regeneration etc. (just quoting paley here). In addition he was struggling with a lot of private issues, juggling his own company on the side. And he was 33. So not exactly a good comparison

las vegas baby

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 12:04:41 PM »

Did you ask him how many cosmetic patients he has taken?

How tall is Peter Thaller? Just curious to hear

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 12:17:35 PM »

you do know he did precice right? Stryde does make a significant improvement in muscle stiffness, mobility, faster regeneration etc. (just quoting paley here). In addition he was struggling with a lot of private issues, juggling his own company on the side. And he was 33. So not exactly a good comparison

You act like you still won't be significantly disabled with quadrilaterals stryde. You will be. Idgaf if your rods are made of bedrock or netherite you're still fked after you break 4 bones

Go ahead dude. Do it if you want to. I'm giving you the realest advice here, feel free to ignore. You definitely need to read more diaries first before making a decision- I'm telling you that you're making a big mistake.

Stryde isn't magic, you may think it is but you're still breaking 4 bones brotha

User requested self-ban.

las vegas baby

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 01:58:53 PM »

You act like you still won't be significantly disabled with quadrilaterals stryde. You will be. Idgaf if your rods are made of bedrock or netherite you're still fked after you break 4 bones

Go ahead dude. Do it if you want to. I'm giving you the realest advice here, feel free to ignore. You definitely need to read more diaries first before making a decision- I'm telling you that you're making a big mistake.

Stryde isn't magic, you may think it is but you're still breaking 4 bones brotha

He has actually gone and met the doctor and decided on a plan. Unless you have personal experience, just let him do what he wants to do. As he said, if after 3 weeks it is very very difficult, he wont get the other segment immediately obviously.

HeightGain

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2020, 07:04:16 PM »

Most surgeons will be booked up more than 3 weeks in advance so might be difficult to change plans.

There are some people with immense pain thresholds, I know people on here all like to think they are in peak shape, can tolerate any pain but the odds are you are not. There are a few patients who come in with broken arms and legs that don't really feel it, get anaesthetic injected into break sites, get the break the manipulated and are indifferent to it but they are the minority. If you are not one of those people this is going to be difficult.

carpetendro

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2020, 07:42:26 PM »

Why would you want to do quadrilaterals? You understand that you're not just stretching your bones but also your soft tissue? It's insane to me that people would do quadrilaterals in the same year. You are basically pushing your legs to the upmost limit. Your body is literally crying in pain for months. You could just do one bilateral then wait a year or two post-op then do the other segment.

Hagane

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2020, 03:38:13 AM »

look i think  no ones gonna talk you out of it.
and thats ok.
if you do decide to do it please make a diary

make a diary and prove all the naysayers wrong
or
become the martyr and prevent others from making the same mistake
gained  55.55mm

HeightGain

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2020, 07:48:11 PM »

Does anyone have the contact details of this doctor?

DutchGiant

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »

Does anyone have the contact details of this doctor?

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2020, 08:42:36 PM »

100% agree with ghkid2019.  Don't do quads.  If you're doing quads, you will most likely not make it over 8 cm.  If you read any diaries in this forum you will realize that quad patients have suffered a ton and also not gotten the initial height they wanted. 

Anything over 8cm, you without a doubt will have to space it out 1 year apart femurs and tibias or do quads for 8 cm and rebreak next year to get more length after you heal.

curlyfella

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2021, 05:30:42 PM »

would he do this on the german system? is that ever done?

RealLostSoul

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2021, 07:35:07 PM »

Two things, first, did you actually go through with it? I don‘t know the surgeon maybe he is great but I wouldn‘t feel safe going with an unknown surgeon especially for quadrilateral but who knows take this with a grain of salt.
Second, @ghkid, Paley actually told me his option 3 is very popular (quadri) and he didn‘t try to talk me out of it or anything he thinks it‘s quite safe. However, I actually rather want to do femurs first now after talking to other doctors and reading diaries. I think it‘s too hard to do for me especially with precice2.

Siegfried

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 08:32:44 AM »

nope i decided to go with köhne and then stryde got recalled. Probably going for surgery in september. One Leg for febur and tibia simultaneously, since its precice 2. Probably will be able to do the second leg with stryde 6 months later.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up