Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Reopening growth plates  (Read 6627 times)

Antoine

Reopening growth plates
« on: September 11, 2020, 10:28:01 AM »

This European project will be completed in 2022. Could it bring to growth plate reopening in adults?

https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/843717/it

F_99

• Height Communist
Re: Reopening growth plates
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 10:48:59 AM »

Nice find.
Glad that are some people in this forum looking for alternatives and are not annoyingly ignorant, or against them.

Total budget for the project is low though?
245k euros.
Looking for an alternative.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 10:59:35 AM »

I love this guy!

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »

Thank you. I think the same thing. I guess the least we can expect as a community is a safe alternative to limb lengthening or, at any rate, a real and substantial improvement of current lengthening techniques: we have to demand and fight for much safer cll techniques involving for example laser osteotomies (https://aot.swiss/en/carlo/), stem cells, nanorobots and no metal implants.

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »

:) Thank you, Bruce. I cherish you too.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 11:15:41 AM »

Thank you. I think the same thing. I guess the least we can expect as a community is a safe alternative to limb lengthening or, at any rate, a real and substantial improvement of current lengthening techniques: we have to demand and fight for much safer cll techniques involving for example laser osteotomies (https://aot.swiss/en/carlo/), stem cells, nanorobots and no metal implants.

+1

Do you know anything about this? http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65449.0
Is it safe to take c60?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 11:17:45 AM »

Thank you for this Antoniō. Instills hope in me.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

YungGud

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 11:28:39 AM »

ohh,i would love to get taller without CLL,even in 2022
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Antoine

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »

+1

Do you know anything about this? http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65449.0
Is it safe to take c60?

I read it some time ago. I don’t know much about it, I know that fullerenes can be toxic, but trying C60 olive oil shouldn’t be so dangerous. However I’m a little bit skeptical about results, I doubt it can really increase height.

Antoine

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 11:36:08 AM »

Thank you for this Antoniō. Instills hope in me.

You’re welcome. :D

Antoine

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 11:45:06 AM »

ohh,i would love to get taller without CLL,even in 2022

Yes, if we manage to reopen growth plates growing taller for adults should be easy. Now there are many growth-promoting substances that are safer than HGH. Indirubin-3′-oxime is one of them.
I quote from this source about indirubin-3′-oxime: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335759824_Indirubin-3'-oxime_stimulates_chondrocyte_maturation_and_longitudinal_bone_growth_via_activation_of_the_Wntb-catenin_pathway
“Longitudinal growth of bones is driven by the proliferation and differentiation of cartilage cells in the growth plate. Choi and colleagues screened a chemical library and identified a compound derived from traditional Chinese herbs, which efficiently promotes this bone growth process in cultured cartilage cells and in the tibias of three-week-old mice. This compound appears safe, suggesting a potentially better avenue for promoting height growth.”

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 11:49:41 AM »

I read it some time ago. I don’t know much about it, I know that fullerenes can be toxic, but trying C60 olive oil shouldn’t be so dangerous. However I’m a little bit skeptical about results, I doubt it can really increase height.

Yeah, I don't know tbh.

Yes, if we manage to reopen growth plates growing taller for adults should be easy. Now there are many growth-promoting substances that are safer than HGH. Indirubin-3′-oxime is one of them.
I quote from this source about indirubin-3′-oxime: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335759824_Indirubin-3'-oxime_stimulates_chondrocyte_maturation_and_longitudinal_bone_growth_via_activation_of_the_Wntb-catenin_pathway
“Longitudinal growth of bones is driven by the proliferation and differentiation of cartilage cells in the growth plate. Choi and colleagues screened a chemical library and identified a compound derived from traditional Chinese herbs, which efficiently promotes this bone growth process in cultured cartilage cells and in the tibias of three-week-old mice. This compound appears safe, suggesting a potentially better avenue for promoting height growth.”

Interesting.
You've seen this right? (LPP + indirubin) https://www.reddit.com/r/looksmaxxing/comments/hmj34y/what_future_heightmaxxing_regimen_may_look/

Antoine

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 12:03:33 PM »

Yeah, I took a look at that. It seems really promising to me, but it is a complex and potentially dangerous drug stack that I wouldn’t test directly on humans. Very interesting, but it needs a lot of testing.

Kenda

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 01:30:56 PM »

I really hope that they find alternatives that are much faster than this surgery! but the thing is growth plates are no longer existent in my age of 21 for example , so what would they open? :( 
it transforms from cartilage to solid bone once it closes and in my case that was very early due to hormone or endocrine imbalance !!

Antoine

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »

I really hope that they find alternatives that are much faster than this surgery! but the thing is growth plates are no longer existent in my age of 21 for example , so what would they open? :( 
it transforms from cartilage to solid bone once it closes and in my case that was very early due to hormone or endocrine imbalance !!

This is a really good question and I’m sorry I don’t have a precise answer. However, if this European project succeeds in reactivating damaged growth plates in children, I guess it wouldn’t be so difficult to reactivate them also in adults, because the bone bar in children with damaged growth plates is similar to the barrier in the adults’ long bones and also because adults too seem to have stem cells that maybe could reactivate growth plates https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00527-w

levsfri

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 05:30:20 PM »

Seems too good to be true in reality for at least another 10 years tbh, likely way more

Antoine

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 07:05:27 PM »

Seems too good to be true in reality for at least another 10 years tbh, likely way more

Maybe you’re right, maybe not. I think that if we join the forces and fund research, good results would come out not long from now.

Body Builder

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 07:07:12 PM »

And you are very optimistic.

Antoine

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 10:23:00 PM »

And you are very optimistic.

Optimism and pessimism are relative concepts in a world where it doesn’t take much to revolutionize a field in a positive (iPhone?) or negative (COVID-19?) way.
However, it’s a fact that Oviedo University is leading a research to regenerate injured growth plate in children. This project will be completed in 2022. If they manage to regenerate damaged growth plates in children, it is likely that the same technique or a similar technique works for adults. These are all facts. It could happen or not, they could succeed or not. But it’s not impossibile, we might have a solution within 2022.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 10:43:04 PM »

Honestly both sides are correct. We may very well see growth plate regenerative technology in the coming years. However, the timeline of when that will be available to the general market will probably be long, in the order of decades.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Antoine

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 10:57:11 PM »

Honestly both sides are correct. We may very well see growth plate regenerative technology in the coming years. However, the timeline of when that will be available to the general market will probably be long, in the order of decades.

Yes, if the technology is developed, we’ll have to wait some years of testing to find it legally available on the general market. In the meanwhile, however, some of us could become guinea pigs.

Body Builder

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 11:43:28 PM »

Optimism and pessimism are relative concepts in a world where it doesn’t take much to revolutionize a field in a positive (iPhone?) or negative (COVID-19?) way.
However, it’s a fact that Oviedo University is leading a research to regenerate injured growth plate in children. This project will be completed in 2022. If they manage to regenerate damaged growth plates in children, it is likely that the same technique or a similar technique works for adults. These are all facts. It could happen or not, they could succeed or not. But it’s not impossibile, we might have a solution within 2022.
Even if it works, it would take decades to make it mainstream. Moreover, to use it for cosmetic purposes.

So even if you want to become a guinea pig (which is stupid) you want have the ability.
And finally, why would a sane person become a guinea pig while there is a relatively safe and successful way to become taller?
I really can't understand what some of you have on your minds. LL works and, if you have money, it is and it will be the only way, for many many years, to become taller.

Antoine

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2020, 02:16:20 AM »

Even if it works, it would take decades to make it mainstream. Moreover, to use it for cosmetic purposes.

So even if you want to become a guinea pig (which is stupid) you want have the ability.
And finally, why would a sane person become a guinea pig while there is a relatively safe and successful way to become taller?
I really can't understand what some of you have on your minds. LL works and, if you have money, it is and it will be the only way, for many many years, to become taller.

LL is currently the only way to make an adult taller, but nobody can say it will still be the only way, especially if we’re talking about many years from now.
LL does work but at what price? It is probably the most risky and painful surgery procedure among all of those that are performed for cosmetic reasons. In addition to the risks and pain you have to bear during the surgery, the distraction and consolidation phases, thus wasting precious time, you have to face the fact that LL can have a negative impact on your health, bringing medical issues that can last the rest of your life.
So, if it isn’t wrong to undergo LL surgery, it can’t even be wrong to find alternatives to it.
If someone succeeds in reopening growth plates, then an adult could become taller in a way that mimics nature, without breaking any bone, without inserting metals in the body, without losing temporarily the ability to walk, etc. Maybe being a guinea pig in a clinical trial of a new technique to restore growth plates could be much, much safer than undergoing an old surgical procedure like LL.
Moreover, if a technique like that is developed and proves to be safe, it would become mainstream very soon and it would be used immediately for cosmetic purposes too.
I hope you can now easily understand what some of us have on their mind.

Hagane

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2020, 03:18:56 AM »

it would be nice however it has a couple hurdles
since its a procedure designed with kids in mind, it will take time to prove safety, for example the groplate was first concieved back in 2012 and finally will be hitting market 2021
will it be the same price as LL? will it be more expensive?
which kind of doctor would over see this procedure/drug ? orthos? pediatricians?
and will docs even rx it for cosmetic purposes?
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Hagane

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2020, 03:21:17 AM »

will this tech be available? eventually yes.
but will it be available in time for us to enjoy height and our youth? most likely not.
maybe hobbes the dog will be able to be a giant and in his mid 20's
the rest of us will probably be on our second marriage  by then
gained  55.55mm

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 05:51:12 AM »

Did you just call LL a relatively safe way to become taller? If you ask any random person on the street about breaking your legs to be 2" taller, I guarantee they'll all say no sane person would do it.

By the way you're not really making a trade with LL. It's not like you trade your life saving + athleticisim for 2". It isn't. When you make a trade it should be guaranteed that you get what you want. But there's a strong gambling element with LL. You may not even get those 2" and end up on the wheelchair in the end or may not wake up from the surgery table (even if the chances are low, these things HAPPENED before).

After all, no one's here gonna be tall with LL, only 2" taller on average or 3" at most.

Yes, of course 2"-3" are life-changing. But what you'll lose by undergoing LL is also possibly just as life-changing if not MORE than what you gain. And that is assuming if you win the bet (aka the surgery is a success). By that logic, even if you win the bet, you don't gain anything more.

will this tech be available? eventually yes.
but will it be available in time for us to enjoy height and our youth? most likely not.
maybe hobbes the dog will be able to be a giant and in his mid 20's
the rest of us will probably be on our second marriage  by then

Hobbes The Dog in his mid 20s, that's just 8 years from now. Most of us will still be relative young, late 20s or mid 30s. Even late 30s or early 40s is still not old.

I think if short men of high net worth can go to these universities to get involved in these researches, that will help speed up the process.

Antoine

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2020, 10:30:34 AM »

Did you just call LL a relatively safe way to become taller? If you ask any random person on the street about breaking your legs to be 2" taller, I guarantee they'll all say no sane person would do it.

By the way you're not really making a trade with LL. It's not like you trade your life saving + athleticisim for 2". It isn't. When you make a trade it should be guaranteed that you get what you want. But there's a strong gambling element with LL. You may not even get those 2" and end up on the wheelchair in the end or may not wake up from the surgery table (even if the chances are low, these things HAPPENED before).

After all, no one's here gonna be tall with LL, only 2" taller on average or 3" at most.

Yes, of course 2"-3" are life-changing. But what you'll lose by undergoing LL is also possibly just as life-changing if not MORE than what you gain. And that is assuming if you win the bet (aka the surgery is a success). By that logic, even if you win the bet, you don't gain anything more.

Hobbes The Dog in his mid 20s, that's just 8 years from now. Most of us will still be relative young, late 20s or mid 30s. Even late 30s or early 40s is still not old.

I think if short men of high net worth can go to these universities to get involved in these researches, that will help speed up the process.

I totally agree with you.

Antoine

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 10:35:42 AM »

it would be nice however it has a couple hurdles
since its a procedure designed with kids in mind, it will take time to prove safety, for example the groplate was first concieved back in 2012 and finally will be hitting market 2021
will it be the same price as LL? will it be more expensive?
which kind of doctor would over see this procedure/drug ? orthos? pediatricians?
and will docs even rx it for cosmetic purposes?

I can’t predict anything about the price, but I guess that if such procedure is developed, it will become popular quickly and will be performed for cosmetic purposes too.

Kenda

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2020, 03:01:45 PM »

What do I lose by doing LL?
i mean honestly you see around 5-10 certain people in this forum who have long diaries talking about their experiences with whatever US Drs and when you ask them do you feel like you're in Pain, cant walk properly,...etc They reply with a "No, im back to normal" so either these guys are some liars or they're misleading

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2020, 03:05:57 PM »

What do I lose by doing LL?
i mean honestly you see around 5-10 certain people in this forum who have long diaries talking about their experiences with whatever US Drs and when you ask them do you feel like you're in Pain, cant walk properly,...etc They reply with a "No, im back to normal" so either these guys are some liars or they're misleading

Running fast is just an example. What I'm trying to say is athletic functions aren't really something to underestimate.

And if only it's the only trade-off of LL, I probably would still do it. But apart from that,

1. It isn't free. It costs a lot of money.

2. Several months of unbearable pain. Some say it's more painful than getting hit by a car.

3. All things that can go wrong during surgery & lengthening phase: infection, fat embolism, non-union, etc. Unicorn is the best example  for this.

4. If you're lucky and pass all those, you'll still face possible long term complications: such as the one you mentioned: "premature arthritis" which among the popular ones. And the unpopular ones such as possible shortened life expectancy.

Because you said "Stretching your tissues for 6-8 cm is not a joke." Is it possible that it will cause any circulatory problems/your heart having to work harder making you more prone to life-threathening disease such as cardiac arrest and such?

5. And on top of that: reduced athletic functions (guaranteed)

Then you gain 2".

Hagane

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2020, 04:53:06 PM »

isnt hobbes still in highschool?
gained  55.55mm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up