Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Asian - Femurs Stryde with Giotikas September 2020  (Read 12342 times)

AnotherShorty

Re: Asian - Femurs Stryde with Giotikas September 2020
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »

Hi Asian,
How about your gait?
Are you on the same meds and doses?
So glad to see you are doing great... Hope the PT becomes easy for you...

Best regards,
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

V21

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2020, 06:31:15 PM »

Keep strong¡ Seems like you are having great progress

SpeedDialer

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2020, 07:48:39 PM »

Hi AppleFanBoy,

eFood, eFresh and Beat are English, probably because my iPhone system language is English? eFood and eFresh accept credit cards but the taxi only accepts cash. I only brought 200 euro cash, I still have about 20 euros.. I only use cash for taxi. I'll have to withdraw some cash from an ATM machine.

Thanks. You had mentioned that your place was too noisy. What's your advice for finding a better place? What would you have done differently? Seems difficult to anticipate a place being noisy

asian

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2020, 06:30:44 PM »

Reached 5cm today: I had an appointment with the doctor today. Everything went very well. Bones are growing fine. I haven't got numbness or nerve pain yet. I feel my legs are really tight, it feels like it would explode soon lol. The pain remains low, only 1-3/10 during the night. Aggressive PT is still pretty painful, everyone is screaming at the PT center... But I feel much better after each PT session. My sleep is still very well, I can sleep for 9-12 hours. Since I will stay in Athens until the end of January, the doctor recommends me to slow down to 0.75mm/day.
Even though my experience is not too bad, I still think this surgery is super hard... I feel the process is too long, damn if it only needs 2 weeks or one month, it definitely would be easier. But it needs about 3 months, it feels like an endless game, you have to work very hard every day. This is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Xray:

Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

asian

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2020, 06:38:11 PM »

Hi Asian,
How about your gait?
Are you on the same meds and doses?
So glad to see you are doing great... Hope the PT becomes easy for you...

Best regards,

Hi, my gait is fine. I can walk like a normal guy after stretching or a PT session. If I feel my legs are very tight, I walk like a robot.
Yes, I'm on the same dose. 1 tramadol + 2 Depon(Paracetamol) in the morning, 1 lyrica + 1 tramadol + 2 Depon(Paracetamol) before sleep.
PT became harder because my muscles and nerves became tighter.

AnotherShorty

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2020, 06:54:05 AM »

No worries if you walk like a robot sometimes, I still think your progress is amazing... I mean your LL journey so far is the best-case scenario till now in my perspective. No pain, no complication and your gait is normal for most of the time.   
Hope you are enjoying your 2 inches gain, 1 more inch to go buddy... do your best, we are rooting for you...

Regards
PS: Don’t know what will happen to me, I am allergic to Paracetamol

Hagane

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2020, 10:45:08 PM »

thats an unfortunate allergy to have, what happens when you take it?
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

AnotherShorty

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2020, 07:06:25 AM »

Hi wannabeidol,
 I just feel throwing up, kinda makes me cough too...but will discuss with docs once I decide abt the surgery...

Regards

asian

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2020, 08:45:30 PM »

Reached 6.5cm: Hey guys, I just reached 6.5cm. I had an appointment with the doctor on Saturday. The doctor said everything is very well. I noticed some patients' bone forming are faster than mine. Does my x-ray show my consolidation is pretty slow?  I don't feel much pain, still around 1-3/10. I haven't got any numbness or nerve pain yet.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2020, 12:09:10 AM »

1. If someone was planning on doing both tibias and femurs internal stryde with Giotikas, how much money in Euros would you withdraw to have in cash for the whole thing?

2. Aside from taxis, when else do you need to use cash?

3. Can you get away with only using Beat instead of taxis?

asian

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »

1. If someone was planning on doing both tibias and femurs internal stryde with Giotikas, how much money in Euros would you withdraw to have in cash for the whole thing?

I only brought a few hundred euros.

2. Aside from taxis, when else do you need to use cash?

I use my credit card everywhere.

3. Can you get away with only using Beat instead of taxis?

Actually, you can add your credit card to Beat.

asian

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2020, 10:13:21 AM »

Reached 71mm. The pain level remains the same. I stopped taking Tramadol, Lyrica, and Depon(Paracetamol) last Friday (my dosage was 2 pills of Tramadol, 1 pill of Lyrica, 2 pills of Depon). I was feeling terrible yesterday(Day 2 without tramadol). It was like I had flu. I felt cold, depressed, tired. I only slept for 4 hours last night. I was feeling really cold at the beginning, then started sweating. I felt cold again this morning but much better than yesterday. I'm not sure why I had very serious withdrawal symptoms. It might due to my nerves are too sensitive? For example, I can't sleep if I drink coffee. I think I should have stopped taking Tramadol earlier since my pain levels have been very low.

Reference: Tramadol Side Effects and Withdrawal are Daunting https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/tramadol-side-effects-and-withdrawal-are-daunting

SpeedDialer

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2020, 06:53:13 PM »

Congrats on reaching 71 mm! Hope you feel better!

a. If you could do it over again, what would you do differently in terms of finding a place to stay in Greece or finding a caretaker?

b. What foods in Greece do you think are good that are nutritious, cheap, and easy to prepare even when your legs are in pain? I'm a bit worried about peanut/nut/sheLL Forumish/shrimp allergy

BelowTheMean

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2020, 07:14:41 PM »

Reached 71mm. The pain level remains the same. I stopped taking Tramadol, Lyrica, and Depon(Paracetamol) last Friday (my dosage was 2 pills of Tramadol, 1 pill of Lyrica, 2 pills of Depon). I was feeling terrible yesterday(Day 2 without tramadol). It was like I had flu. I felt cold, depressed, tired. I only slept for 4 hours last night. I was feeling really cold at the beginning, then started sweating. I felt cold again this morning but much better than yesterday. I'm not sure why I had very serious withdrawal symptoms. It might due to my nerves are too sensitive? For example, I can't sleep if I drink coffee. I think I should have stopped taking Tramadol earlier since my pain levels have been very low.

Reference: Tramadol Side Effects and Withdrawal are Daunting https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/tramadol-side-effects-and-withdrawal-are-daunting

Congrats on 71mm. I'm glad your pain levels haven't gone up for these last few mm. The end is in sight! Have you been taking Tramadol this whole time? Doesn't it inhibit bone growth? I'm not taking too many painkillers right now since I don't want to get addicted, but I probably need to take more since my baseline pain has not been 0/10 these last few days.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

SpeedDialer

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2020, 08:59:17 PM »

Hey Asian!

What is Giotikas's policy for people who want to do both tibia and femurs? How long does he require patients wait in between doing them?

asian

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »

Congrats on reaching 71 mm! Hope you feel better!

a. If you could do it over again, what would you do differently in terms of finding a place to stay in Greece or finding a caretaker?

b. What foods in Greece do you think are good that are nutritious, cheap, and easy to prepare even when your legs are in pain? I'm a bit worried about peanut/nut/sheLL Forumish/shrimp allergy

My place is not very well but it's cheap. You can find pretty good places during the COVID pandemic... The caretaker was very good, no complaints.

I cook by myself since Day 1. You also can ask the caretaker to cook for you or order food. You should let the doctor and nurse know what you are allergic to before the surgery. I think they can arrange different food for you.

asian

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »

Congrats on 71mm. I'm glad your pain levels haven't gone up for these last few mm. The end is in sight! Have you been taking Tramadol this whole time? Doesn't it inhibit bone growth? I'm not taking too many painkillers right now since I don't want to get addicted, but I probably need to take more since my baseline pain has not been 0/10 these last few days.

Hi BTM, yes, I took Tramadol for almost 3 months. I think it doesn't affect bone growth but it's hard to quit. If you don't have severe pain, I think Paracetamol should be enough.

asian

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2020, 11:57:14 AM »

Hey Asian!

What is Giotikas's policy for people who want to do both tibia and femurs? How long does he require patients wait in between doing them?

Currently, there are 3 quadrilateral patients in Athens. One patient had 3 weeks gap. The other two had 4 weeks gap (They postponed the second surgery because the procedure is harder than they expected..lol). You can discuss it with the doctor.

asian

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2020, 12:06:19 PM »

Yesterday, I had very serious withdrawal symptoms from stopping tramadol suddenly. I had very bad headaches and chill, it was like flu but my body temperature was normal...so that confirms it was from withdrawal symptoms. The doctor suggests me to reduce the dosage first(Tapering) but I want to overcome it. The withdrawal symptoms can last 4-10 days. I haven't taken Tramadol for 5 days now. Today, I don't have headaches but not sure what's going to happen tomorrow...

SpeedDialer

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2020, 06:01:39 PM »

Thanks!!!!

"They postponed the second surgery because the procedure is harder than they expected..lol). "

So the patient said he was in too much pain so he begged them to delay it one more week?

What happened?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »

Thanks!! What do you think are the best websites or services to find a good caretaker and grocery delivery services in Greece?

One leg lengthening patient said that his caretaker would skim some money off when he got groceries for him

asian

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »

Thanks!!!!

"They postponed the second surgery because the procedure is harder than they expected..lol). "

So the patient said he was in too much pain so he begged them to delay it one more week?

What happened?

Hi SD, I think it was due to the pain. They discussed it with the Doctor and rescheduled a new date. Quad is not a joke, you just had big surgery 3 weeks ago then you have to do another one. This is very hard both physically and mentally.

asian

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2020, 12:32:30 PM »

Thanks!! What do you think are the best websites or services to find a good caretaker and grocery delivery services in Greece?

One leg lengthening patient said that his caretaker would skim some money off when he got groceries for him

I use eFood App to order groceries. I had Maria as my caretaker for the first night. She was very helpful, she kept all receipts. I don't know other caretakers, you can ask the doctor's team to recommend a good one.

asian

« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2020, 02:33:54 PM »

59days after surgery, it was about 5 cm.

December 23, about 7.3 cm. My gait is getting worse than in November.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2020, 03:30:50 PM »

Thanks for the comparison videos! Definitely helpful. I can tell that my gait also got a little worse over time, especially in the week I didn't have PT scheduled. Hoping that my flexibility catches back up and I can maintain a reasonable gait until 5-6cm at least.

You're almost done! Are you still going 1mm/day? I bet you can taste the end of the distraction phase already.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

AnotherShorty

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2020, 04:56:00 PM »

Nice to see you dancing and happy ... Your walk will be fine sooner than later because other folks were limping way worse than you .. Cheers mate ... 

Shadow91

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2020, 05:05:49 PM »

Don't be to hard on your self. This is a major surgery and your walk is fine, give it time. You have no complications( knock on wood) and your getting better and better. Im happy for you mate. Thank you for keep posting about your journey!

Gman23

« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2020, 04:19:06 AM »

59days after surgery, it was about 5 cm.

December 23, about 7.3 cm. My gait is getting worse than in November.

Honestly great progress man looking good 🤩
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

RB

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »

The gait looks awesome mate! I hope my walk is that good when I am beyond 7cm. Keen to see how you recovery and gait looks during consolidation.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

SpeedDialer

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2020, 08:50:41 PM »

Hey Asian! Thanks for posting the videos

1. What are the most common ways you have found to save money in Greece?

2. What things are worth splurging a little bit on that improve your sleep/safety/recovery?

asian

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2021, 10:08:09 AM »

Hey Asian! Thanks for posting the videos

1. What are the most common ways you have found to save money in Greece?

2. What things are worth splurging a little bit on that improve your sleep/safety/recovery?

Cooking by yourself and renting a cheaper place can save tons of money(Don't ask me how haha. Do your homework).

A soft bed improves my sleep. You can buy a soft bed topper.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up