Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If your budget was 150k total, would you go for two internals with Giotikas?  (Read 832 times)

SpeedDialer

Or too risky b/c wouldn't have enough left for surgeries for complications and should just do one internal with Giotikas?

exceeding2meters

Giotikas is like 45k for stryde femur
And 25k for tsf tibias, I see no reason to do nail om tibias and get permanent knee pain, especially when it is double the price, while tsf annihilates risk of malalignment and is weight bearing as well,it is all around safer
In total you spend 70k euros, and you are left with another 80k, which if you are lucky, you ll get to keep and spend on other stuff (and I am sure it is enough in case of complications)
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

SpeedDialer

Giotikas is like 45k for stryde femur
And 25k for tsf tibias, I see no reason to do nail om tibias and get permanent knee pain, especially when it is double the price, while tsf annihilates risk of malalignment and is weight bearing as well,it is all around safer
In total you spend 70k euros, and you are left with another 80k, which if you are lucky, you ll get to keep and spend on other stuff (and I am sure it is enough in case of complications)

Thanks!!!! Maybe saved me from knee pain in the future lol

Hmmm well. If I do external tibias then I will probably get lower leg scar concealing tattoos. So I guess it boils down to knee pain vs leg tattoos and I think leg tattoos are a pretty small price to pay to avoid the knee pain dice roll.

1. By the way, what is washing yourself like with tsf? Can't take bath I imagine, don't want all that water leaking into the wounds?

2. What are the worst things about tsf aside it being uncomfortable during lengthening?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

Chance of permanent knee pain*
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

SpeedDialer

It's really interesting. This forum seems very vocal in warning people of the dangers of internal tibias but I wonder if doctors also warn them about internal tibia vs external tibia

I guess there are issues of women/some men not wanting scars or concealing tattoos but there has to be more to it than that

It seems like Paley does lots of internal tibias but I am curious why he doesn't push harder for his patients to do external tibia instead

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

It's really interesting. This forum seems very vocal in warning people of the dangers of internal tibias but I wonder if doctors also warn them about internal tibia vs external tibia

I guess there are issues of women/some men not wanting scars or concealing tattoos but there has to be more to it than that

It seems like Paley does lots of internal tibias but I am curious why he doesn't push harder for his patients to do external tibia instead

He doesn't offer externals.

And it's not like they go into this with the guarantee of knee pain. Its not meant to be that way, majority of people don't have that. And externals is a significant lowering of quality of life. Paley is all internal for CLL now.

Rozbruch doesn't offer externals either. The only person who offers externals in usa is Mahboubian but no one does it. It's ridiculous to go to a barbaric machine when stryde exists.

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

if you have 150k burning a hole in your pocket.
you should go to dr assayag. that should be enought to cover both segements
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

SpeedDialer

And it's not like they go into this with the guarantee of knee pain. Its not meant to be that way, majority of people don't have that. And externals is a significant lowering of quality of life. Paley is all internal for CLL now.

Rozbruch doesn't offer externals either. The only person who offers externals in usa is Mahboubian but no one does it. It's ridiculous to go to a barbaric machine when stryde exists.

What are your thoughts on some people saying external for tibia is better and might have lower risk of knee pain?

SpeedDialer

Not enough for Assayag for both segments I think
https://www.heightrx.com/limb-lengthening/

Body Builder

It is ridiculous to think that tsf is barbaric which is a state of technology frame compared to rimming your bone, have high chances of permanent pains, have 2 major surgeries and risks of fat embolism etc without a real reason.
Most american LL doctors, especially Paley, are merchants who take extra money from nuvasive for using its nails and doing internals is a much easier surgery for them compared to calibrating a hexapod. And they also make ridiculous amount of money even for removing the nails (15-20k dollars) after consolidation.
So internals are much more money for them and with less effort.
For patients though, external only is the best way for tibias as internals is the best (and only in reality) way for femurs.

So don't talk so dogmatically about things you don't know that good.
InStrydemyFaith is 100% right in what he said.

HeightGain

Most doctors that offer both are honest

Internal definitely does carry a risk for knee pain

Externals are more difficult to tolerate

Hagane

Not enough for Assayag for both segments I think
https://www.heightrx.com/limb-lengthening/

i belive those are his old prices, hes negotiating prices with the anaesthetic team so they should be lower
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

Hmm, I don't see anyone going to Mahboubian for LON. Hmm. Perhaps modern devices are more comfortable? Oh no that can't be, muh muh muh everyone wants to be crippled for 9 months for 5cm Tibias and atrophy muscles and waste away.  Hmmmmmm maybe I'm retarded, and everyone wants to do TSF even if they had stryde money. TSF is the best for sure, I agree, pins sticking through your skin right into your bone without internal rod and being disabled for more than half a year like that is totally comfortable and better than stryde/lon

Literally every single diary I've read of pure externals resulted in then regretted and wishing to just do LON/stryde or ended up doing LATN and saying the knee pain was way overblown and propagandized their minds into doing pure externals

Pure externals looks appealing until you have stryde money and/or you wake up and realize you are choosing between increasing your recovery time two fold vs intentionally deciding to become disabled for 7 months versus 3

User requested self-ban.

Body Builder

Hmm, I don't see anyone going to Mahboubian for LON. Hmm. Perhaps modern devices are more comfortable? Oh no that can't be, muh muh muh everyone wants to be crippled for 9 months for 5cm Tibias and atrophy muscles and waste away.  Hmmmmmm maybe I'm retarded, and everyone wants to do TSF even if they had stryde money. TSF is the best for sure, I agree, pins sticking through your skin right into your bone without internal rod and being disabled for more than half a year like that is totally comfortable and better than stryde/lon

Literally every single diary I've read of pure externals resulted in then regretted and wishing to just do LON/stryde or ended up doing LATN and saying the knee pain was way overblown and propagandized their minds into doing pure externals

Pure externals looks appealing until you have stryde money and/or you wake up and realize you are choosing between increasing your recovery time two fold vs intentionally deciding to become disabled for 7 months versus 3
With tsf externals you are not disabled even for 1 month. You walk much sooner than even Stryde.
Also, for 5cm you need 6cm till frame removal. No muscle atrophy or anything as you said, at least more than internals.
Everything you wrote is wrong.
I do't care what people want to do, I am writing which method is the safest for LL overall and that is external tibias, even if you like it or not.
Thats why almost all respectable doctors offer it compared to LL merchant doctors.

So grow up kid, LL is not a game where the one who spends more money will have the best results, not the most expensive doctors are always the best because some of them, especially in us or jokes like Guichet are completely money hungry merchants that want the easier money for them.
And that always come with internals.

If someome want to keep his surgery a secret or generally speaking don't stand external devices on his legs then even for tibias he should choose internals (and stryde isnthe best by far).
But anyone who wants completely aligned bones and easier surgeries with less risks and has time to spend more on home (because it is not the best to go to your work with 2 external frames) he should go for external tibias.
And he will save and a good amount of money to buy a car as a present for himself.  ;)

HeightGain

I would suggest meeting some external patients

Read some of Pili's diaries

BelowTheMean

With tsf externals you are not disabled even for 1 month. You walk much sooner than even Stryde.

What? With Stryde femurs we have a PT session and can walk on the afternoon of surgery day.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Body Builder

What? With Stryde femurs we have a PT session and can walk on the afternoon of surgery day.
On almost all diaries, patients walk with crutches in about 3 weeks after surgery.
I am not talking about just standing a little.

But even if you walked much sooner (I trully believe you) with tsf you would have walked at least as soon as it involves a less traumatic surgery and it is completely weight bearing.
So things about being disabled and all these ghkid said are totally false.

exceeding2meters

Why do externals when he can make double the money with internals? It's not like Paley is some godsent saint who wants to help short men get taller and have a better life, he is a surgeon who cares to make money
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

184dream

thanks body builder
what do you think about gastrocnemius resection and safe tibia lengthning
 i wish i can pass 5 cm without gastrocnemius resection may be to 5.5
 i am 172
also will you go with stryde femur for 5 cm ?
where did the knee pain internals come from  ? was it on the old forum ?

BelowTheMean

On almost all diaries, patients walk with crutches in about 3 weeks after surgery.
I am not talking about just standing a little.

But even if you walked much sooner (I trully believe you) with tsf you would have walked at least as soon as it involves a less traumatic surgery and it is completely weight bearing.
So things about being disabled and all these ghkid said are totally false.

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see your post. Idk anything about Stryde on tibias, maybe it's not as weight bearing due to the nail size and smaller bone.

However, for femur patients who are under the Stryde weight limit, there is no difference between day 1 and week 3 in terms of weight bearing. The limitation on walking is how much muscle strength in your legs that you can access after surgery. We had PT every day in the hospital including afternoon on the day of surgery. On the afternoon of my surgery I was able to walk about 10 steps with the walker and I could have gone further if I wasn't feeling nauseated by the aftereffects of anesthesia. The PT who was with me told me that the other guy at the hospital who also had surgery on the same day was able to walk around the hospital corridors on the afternoon of surgery. On the second day I was also able to walk around the hospital corridor with a walker.

By the first week or so, I could walk 500 meters outside by myself using a walker as a balancing tool. I'm almost at the 3 week mark right now, and I can walk 800 meters outside with just a cane. Maybe I'm an exception to the rule, but all the other patients I met at PT had no problem getting to PT by themselves and using a cane or walker in the first two weeks (most fly home after two weeks.) Not being able to walk for 3 weeks after surgery with Stryde femurs seems ridiculous to me. Maybe I could see some people struggling during the first or second week, but once your muscles are strong enough to stabilize yourself, the nail itself is fully weight bearing as long as your weight is well under the weight limit set by the manufacturer for the nail size.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on
Pages: [1]   Go Up