Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any fix if patients turn into disabilities resulting from LL accidents?  (Read 1090 times)

Astronomy

I think some orthopedists are researching into this.Otherwise I'm planning on wheelchair future life or artificial limbs.

Tartar

question totally generic, but there's no way you become disabled for LL

limbcllnea

there's no way you become disabled for LL

That's obviously not true. There are plenty of people just in this forum who have been.

Tartar

“Plenty”
I don’t know who are you talking about
If your doctor doesn’t cut a big nerve, and he should be a blind butcher to do it, I don’t know how it’s possible.
It’s more common to die in a major surgery, because that’s not so much up to the surgeon.

Astronomy

I haven't seen many either.Dunno why u could conclude that.

limbcllnea

no way you become disabled for LL

"No Way"

search Unicorn in this forum.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

Unicorn will not be permanently disabled. Probably a year or two before she's gonna be able to return to a mostly normal life
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

limbcllnea

Unicorn will not be permanently disabled. Probably a year or two before she's gonna be able to return to a mostly normal life

I only wish her the best and hope she recovers quickly. But she has had 5 different surgeries and is only gradually making small progress over years. She still has to use crutches today. The comment above literally said, "no way you become disabled for LL". What the hell?

That is delusional and stupid. Of course, there is a risk you become disabled. Unicorn is not the only one who has suffered disability because of LL, Amar Sarin patients are another example.

Tartar

I only wish her the best and hope she recovers quickly. But she has had 5 different surgeries and is only gradually making small progress over years. She still has to use crutches today. The comment above literally said, "no way you become disabled for LL". What the hell?

That is delusional and stupid. Of course, there is a risk you become disabled. Unicorn is not the only one who has suffered disability because of LL, Amar Sarin patients are another example.

You don’t know what you are talking about, tell me a crippled person by a REPUTABLE doctor. If you go to a butcher or an unprepared doctor that’s a another situation; you probably have no knowledge about human anatomy, you should know that if you don’t manipulate roughly a joint or cut big nerves there’s no way you’ll be permanent crippled, and even for them there can be ways to fix like grafting and reconstrunction, but probably all your knowledge ends with the few commonplace and repetitive things you can find thousands of times in this forum.
And about unicorn, I actually haven’t read all the story because it was a ton of pages, and even if I’m sorry for her I have to say that in 4 years she admitted to have, even after several surgeries, NO bone growth, she didn’t shorten their limbs and she Waited years to see as only solution bone grafting.
Guichet has done hundreds of surgeries with great results and that’s a fact.
As ghkid said, she could be able to come back relatively soon.

Astronomy

You don’t know what you are talking about, tell me a crippled person by a REPUTABLE doctor. If you go to a butcher or an unprepared doctor that’s a another situation; you probably have no knowledge about human anatomy, you should know that if you don’t manipulate roughly a joint or cut big nerves there’s no way you’ll be permanent crippled, and even for them there can be ways to fix like grafting and reconstrunction, but probably all your knowledge ends with the few commonplace and repetitive things you can find thousands of times in this forum.
And about unicorn, I actually haven’t read all the story because it was a ton of pages, and even if I’m sorry for her I have to say that in 4 years she admitted to have, even after several surgeries, NO bone growth, she didn’t shorten their limbs and she Waited years to see as only solution bone grafting.
Guichet has done hundreds of surgeries with great results and that’s a fact.
As ghkid said, she could be able to come back relatively soon.
As I can only say u should treat yourself to good surgeons.Many cosmetic surgeons' skills are f**ked up and if you turn to 'em you must regret doing it.My original plan is to go to Chinese doctors but now I just wanna go to Dr.Paley.

Kal el

U can go to donghoon lee if u want..he is korean and is also an excellent surgeon.

Jamesy998

That's obviously not true. There are plenty of people just in this forum who have been.

Although technically you can actually become disabled similar to what happened with unicorn for example, you see it coming a mile off. If you are not a complete idiot and listen to your body, the doctor and do your physiotherapy than everything will go well. You will not become disabled overnight. It is a gradual process if you ignore all the warning signs.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Astronomy

U can go to donghoon lee if u want..he is korean and is also an excellent surgeon.
High price but bad cost performance.To experience his surgery you gotta pay the price equal to Betz's surgery for him.

Astronomy

Although technically you can actually become disabled similar to what happened with unicorn for example, you see it coming a mile off. If you are not a complete idiot and listen to your body, the doctor and do your physiotherapy than everything will go well. You will not become disabled overnight. It is a gradual process if you ignore all the warning signs.
If he holds a knife to compel his surgeon to lengthen his legs by 1 l.y. but finally he blames disability on his surgeon then I think LL is not the key to solving his problems but special educations are.
As long as patients listen to his surgeons and physiotherapists,they won't become disabled all of a sudden.

overandover

The changes are very less if you are not lengthening more than 1 mm per day and doing it with a good surgeon. It is possible though, But more people get disabled because of road accidents than from limb lengthening.

limbcllnea

You don’t know what you are talking about, tell me a crippled person by a REPUTABLE doctor.

Ah, :D scroll up a little and read what you said before: "there's no way you become disabled for LL".

Good thing you are starting to change what you said to reflect the truth: There are definitely risks of permanent injury from limb lengthening.

Also, Guichet is considered a pioneer in limb lengthening. Even with a "reputable" doctor, you are not 100% risk free. Of course, if you have 100k+ to spare and take the maximum precautions, there is a significant reduction of this risk. I trust that 99% of Paley's patients would do just fine with maybe minor problems. But it doesn't matter if you have a billion dollars, no doctor in this world is a god that can guarantee 100%, and to say there is "no way" you can become disabled is absolutely incorrect. Everything in life has a risk and it's best if you don't lie to yourself into delusion.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

I think there is just difference in understandings and ppl answering different questions from each other. Disability as in permanently wheel chair bound? Unfixable even after 10 years of rehab? Probably not unless a nerve is decapitated.

Extreme examples: Unicorn broke her femur and has been recovering for years- but I firmly believe she will recover to the point where she can have a completely normal gait and jog given time.

Another example: Android lengthen too fast and suffered nerve damage and drop foot, essentially lost most function in ankle? He's been recovering for past year and half and is regaining nerve motion in ankle and can already walk alot and move. Ankles recovering great. I also confident his nerve is going to grow back and he will run normal with normal ankle function one day. Slow and steady.

My smooth brained guy Shahn Jesus Andersen aka Apo ran a mile in 10 minutes after 7 years post LL  after 20cm lengthening and arm lengthening. Anything is possible.

So... LL causing Major disability that ruins life for years temporarily and can cause permanent lasting damage? Definitely, happens to many users on this forum

But cripplied to the point they need wheelchair or crutches forever with no chance of rehab even in 10 years and no reoperations can fix? I don't think so unless the surgeon literally cut a huge nerve or something in which that case it's not LL it's called criminal negligence. Even thy worse horrible failures will be able to at least have their mobility back eventually

Remember LL is limb Salvage. People are saved from amputation and permanent loss of limbs with LL not the other way around. It is really really hard to cripple to the point where you can't be fixed up again. Yes you can be injured to the point where you may never run fast ever again. That's obvious. But you will probably walk fine one day

Both ideas are very valid. LL in the end can leave you disabled for a LOONG time, though the risk of lifetime bedridden lifestyle is probably not gonna happen
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

Ah, :D scroll up a little and read what you said before: "there's no way you become disabled for LL".

Good thing you are starting to change what you said to reflect the truth: There are definitely risks of permanent injury from limb lengthening.

Also, Guichet is considered a pioneer in limb lengthening. Even with a "reputable" doctor, you are not 100% risk free. Of course, if you have 100k+ to spare and take the maximum precautions, there is a significant reduction of this risk. I trust that 99% of Paley's patients would do just fine with maybe minor problems. But it doesn't matter if you have a billion dollars, no doctor in this world is a god that can guarantee 100%, and to say there is "no way" you can become disabled is absolutely incorrect. Everything in life has a risk and it's best if you don't lie to yourself into delusion.
I'm bored replying to people who don't know what they are talking about, you are extremely imprecise both reading and writing, I don't even told that you need one of the most popular and reputable doctors, I only said that The LL PROCEDURE ITSELF has not the risk to let a person PERMANENT crippled
Reflect expecially on the word PERMANENT because that's extremely inaccurate to think that if you have any problem you'll be crippled forever. Everyone in the LL surgery will be crippled, it can be for a caouple of moths, for 6 months or for more than 1 year. Obv need a good doctor, I mean you just need somebody who knows what he's doing. You just need to avoid damages to nerves like femoral or ischiatic and to preserve joints, expecially for externals procedures where many unprepared doctors could start to think up the most bizzare techniques. For example if you, due to ignorance, manipulate the ankle joint in barbaric ways with screws during a tibia external you could fk up the ankle joints with permanent damages, that could be partially fixed anyway.

Astronomy

Then I'm still wondering how you concluded there were many disabled people in this forum?There are 6614 members in this forum and I'm surprised you should check all their posts out?!
What's more,it's right that you said patients are not 100% risk free.But the problems are not only disabilities.Your saying make me misunderstand that there are only two results:grow taller and disability.Actually if you turned into reputable doctors like Paley,it'd be nearly impossible for you to get permanently disabled unless you don't listen to Paley's commands.
As technique evolves there are lower and lower possibilities that you will get permanently disabled.Think abt it.
30 yrs ago there is only one method adopted to this surgery:ilizarov flxation.But nowadays even Precise II has come out.So it's difficult to imagine what amazing techinique will come out and what that looks like.
The ending of LL is that every short lady and gentleman can grow taller safely,quickily and conveniently.You can't deny rapid changes in this world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up