Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. kulesh & Dr. Solomin 2021/2022  (Read 1421 times)

Skyisthelimit

Dr. kulesh & Dr. Solomin 2021/2022
« on: January 07, 2021, 11:36:42 AM »

I have been looking at the possibility of getting Ll for a while now. Finally made the decision to put some money aside for Ll. Sadly, as a full time student and part time employee I’m facing the same issue many of us are here... lack of money.
If my calculations are correct and everything goes as planned, I’ll have enough saved by the end of the year to go with Dr. Kulesh.
I’ve seen many diaries from these doctors in the forum, granted, many of them with their complications. I believe those issues mainly arose because of the daily distraction amount they were lengthening at.
I have decided to go with Dr. Kulesh because I believe him to be an extremely underrated doctor in the forum, given all the experience he possesses and with Dr. Solomin at his side acting as him advisor, professor, and partner.
I know many of the people here wouldn’t consider Dr. Kulesh because of his location (Russia), as it’s considered scary and unorthodox but in reality St. Petersburg is considered one of the most beautiful and all round safe cities in the world, even comparing it to hotspots in Europe.
Anyway, Dr. Kulesh’s experience and expertise checks out and he is also very affordable compared to any other reputable and competent doctor.

About me:
Height: 1.77cm(5’10)
Wingspan: 1.79cm
Goal: 7 - 7.5cm (tibias)

As my budget would be around €10k, I would be opting to go fully externals for 7-7.5cm max but ultimately letting my body guiding me towards what’s possible. Hopefully, if everything goes right, I’ll end up standing at 1.84-1.84,5cm which would be around the average height for men in the country I’m living at.
Whenever I decide to go through with it, I’ll make sure to write a diary in the forum for anyone who would like to pick up on my experience and to help the future Ll patients.
If anyone has any advice or want to let me know their opinion, please state it here.

Sky

Jamesy998

Re: Dr. kulesh & Dr. Solomin 2021/2022
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 03:27:52 PM »

Mate, 7.5cm full externals will take longer than saving up a little bit of extra cash and getting LON done instead and have the frames removed in a few months. All externals is too barbaric in this day and age.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 10:00:07 AM »

Mate, 7.5cm full externals will take longer than saving up a little bit of extra cash and getting LON done instead and have the frames removed in a few months. All externals is too barbaric in this day and age.
Full externals may seem/look more barbaric depending on the device you go with, but in fact, it’s the safest method to go with on tibias since there is no drilling of the bone. You’re doing an external method (monorails) combined with internal (nails), so I don’t understand why you would consider all externals “too barbaric”. Yeah, the main reason I want to avoid fully externals is because of the downtime. If I remember correctly, it’s one month of consolidation for every cm lengthened, so in my case, if I went with 7-7.5cm, it would be 7-8 months of consolidation on top of the 3-4 months I would lengthen for. This would add to a whooping 10-12 months wearing the external device. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
I’m mostly leaned on fully externals, but LON and LATN or still options I may opt for.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 10:45:10 AM »

Full externals may seem/look more barbaric depending on the device you go with, but in fact, it’s the safest method to go with on tibias since there is no drilling of the bone. You’re doing an external method (monorails) combined with internal (nails), so I don’t understand why you would consider all externals “too barbaric”. Yeah, the main reason I want to avoid fully externals is because of the downtime. If I remember correctly, it’s one month of consolidation for every cm lengthened, so in my case, if I went with 7-7.5cm, it would be 7-8 months of consolidation on top of the 3-4 months I would lengthen for. This would add to a whooping 10-12 months wearing the external device. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
I’m mostly leaned on fully externals, but LON and LATN or still options I may opt for.

That's generally only the case with kids. For adults you should expect 1.5 - 2 months per cm lengthened. If you really went for 7 cm external only, then you're looking at a bare minimum of 10 and a half months to an expected 14 months. My 6 cm took me a year before I was given the okay for removal.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 01:03:29 PM »

That's generally only the case with kids. For adults you should expect 1.5 - 2 months per cm lengthened. If you really went for 7 cm external only, then you're looking at a bare minimum of 10 and a half months to an expected 14 months. My 6 cm took me a year before I was given the okay for removal.
Thanks for the update, KiloKhan! That’s way more than expected. If you had the chance to do it again, would you go with fully externals or choose between LON or LATN?

z3dennis

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 01:56:55 AM »

What is he best way to contact Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin to schedule for the surgery? 

Thanks

Activatedxx

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 05:42:36 AM »

What is he best way to contact Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin to schedule for the surgery? 

Thanks

You can email them but getting a Russian visa is difficult now they closed off Russia for all tourists but it says the embassy may grant the yes for medical surgery
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

JayDog

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 07:53:46 PM »

Hey Sky. Great post, I hope you're able to save up enough and achieve your goal height. I too am faced with the issue of saving money, being a full time student. I did see that Dr. Buldu in Turkey performs the surgery cheap at around 17000 euro for bilateral femurs and looking at the site wannabetaller, it's very well put together and the doctor seems credible. After hearing some patient experiences there, it is tempting to go that route. Do you have any experience with Dr. Buldu? I've never heard of Dr. Kulesh. I would be inclined to go that route although the external fixators are a turn off for me but if the price is right I would consider it.   

Siegfried

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 08:25:52 PM »

Livelifetaller might seem sketchy, but from all that ive heard Dr.Buldu is a very good surgeon. The only thing i do not understand, why he prefers using a monorail over a circle-frame for lon..
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Serilium

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 12:05:45 AM »

7cm tibia will take more than a year, not 7 months

And are you okay bro? Last active February skythelimit

Zion

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 12:16:06 PM »

You are being naive if you think you will be able to endure 7 months or more with frames in your legs. Either you go crazy or LATN...or maybe and just maybe endure that hell. I am doing LL externals...
Pages: [1]   Go Up