Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 25366 times)

FSchez

Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« on: February 09, 2021, 02:02:08 PM »

Hello friends,
A few days ago I had surgery on my femurs to grow as much as possible, without negatively impacting my mobility and my daily life.
Thanks to this forum (specially the diary of "my evolution" among other experiences), I decided that it was time to increase my height after being quite short for so long, since height is a very important issue in society.

From a very young age I have always been quite short, but at the same time I have been in shape all my life. I am very athletic and disciplined, and I have studied sports and physical activity sciences.

Before starting my diary from the day of the intervention I must say that I have been stretching my legs hard for a month and a half 2 times a day.

Initial height: 161.5 cms
Initial weight: 58 kgs.
Objective: increase 7-8 cm in femurs.

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 06:39:22 PM »

Sorry, I forgot to write that I am a 34-year-old man.
Day of intervention:
I checked in the hospital on January 23 at 7:30 and the intervention began at 9:30. My wife accompanied me to the door of the operating room.
2 hours later the doctor called my wife to the room phone to inform her that everything was going well with the first leg and that in 10 minutes was going to start with the second leg.
Around 1:30 p.m. the operation finished, bandages included.
In the room, I woke up with tired legs and chest discomfort. I also felt nauseous, but I did not vomit. Shortly after, with the medication all the discomfort went away.
Dinner was not very appetizing, but I was able to eat something. After several attempts to urinate, I succeeded and I was quite relaxed.

FSchez

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 06:54:38 PM »

Day 1 post operation (January 24):
The night was not very good but not bad either. I had a hard time falling asleep, because with the sedation I spent the day sleeping and that the bandages on my legs bothered me... it was difficult for me to sleep ... At midnight I had to ask for a pain reliever and finally I was able to rest 2-3 hours.
The day went quite well, I hardly had any discomfort. The epidural dose until the morning was 4ml / h but at noon they lowered it to 2ml / h which is the minimum dose. The next step is to remove it.
Today the physiotherapist came with a machine to train the flexibility of the knee. The normal thing is that with 50 degrees people start to feel discomfort but they managed to put my knee at 100 degrees and it felt very good since it relieved me to be able to move my legs, it was about 45 min per leg.
Afterwards I had a bit of pressure and discomfort but with the pain reliever it passed quickly and I fell asleep for a while.
Today they also removed the bandages that were put on me during the operation and I felt enormous relief, and they were covered again
They did an X-ray and everything was perfect, when I can I will post the photos.

FSchez

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 07:14:19 PM »

Day 2 after the operation (25 / January / 21):
The night was good, although I had two peaks of pain not very intense but they did wake me up.
The good news is that shortly after putting on painkillers it passed. I had only two awakenings in the whole night.
I was looking forward to the time to wake up because that day the doctor came to remove bandages (which until now was one of the most uncomfortable), the epidural would be completely removed, which meant that I was going to stand up.
As everything was going very well they put me on the knee bending machine, they told me that it was possible that I could hold less flexion than the first day because it could have discomfort, however I was surprised, the first day it was 100 degrees and today I reached 110😱.
Then the doctor came, who was very happy and told me that everything was going great so we would try to stand up.
I stood up, I was able to do it without any problem from the bed without help, obviously very slowly and calmly, and finally the most desired moment arrived: to stand up.
I put my feet on the ground and as my sensations were good, the physiotherapist told me that if I wanted to, I could walk with the walker and that's just what I did, I took my first steps and it was great. I only had a feeling of slight discomfort but no pain.
As I felt good before eating, I took another little walk around the room with the walker.
In the afternoon the physiotherapist came with the machine and I started walking for another little while, like in the morning.
The sensations have been very good, because today they have already taken my epidural dose and I have not had more pain than the previous days on other days.

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 07:29:11 PM »

I wish you to have a healthy and safe LL journey.

Keep strong!

FSchez

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 07:58:44 PM »

Day 3 after the operation
Tuesday 26 / January / 21:
The night was very good, from 8:00 p.m. I took a paracetamol I had no pain and I managed to sleep until 6 in the morning without any problem
At that time I asked for analgesia because I had discomfort and for fear that it would turn into pain I took a paracetamol.
So far with this type of pain reliever I am doing well, I no longer have intravenous medication because at the moment only oral medication is going well for me.
At 10 o'clock I started to feel discomfort again and asked for another paracetamol
With this painkiller I endured most of the day even though it was an intense day: physiotherapy session in the morning and in the afternoon (45 min. Each leg with the knee flexion machine) and then we did some movements to improve the joints and some exercises to work the muscles a little.
Also, as I felt strong, today I took 4-5 walks of about 5-10 min
At the end of the day, going to the bathroom and showering was already a bit difficult for me, I felt tired.
The only thing similar to pain that I have felt today was at the hips, as they are inflamed in the area where the nail is inserted. I am getting bruises in the same area but they do not hurt, I only notice discomfort at some times of the day.
Anybody kows how to add images? I am trying but its not easy...

FSchez

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 08:18:13 PM »

Thank you bodybuilder!
Rigth now I m feeling a little more pain than the days at hospital... I 'm in my tenth day since I began to grow :D

permanentlybanned

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 09:09:47 PM »

Hi fschez. Thanks for the diary.

You can add images by uploading to imgbb.com then just copying and pasting the link here.

Good luck bro
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Highest

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 03:06:22 AM »

Didn't Stryde nail get recalled over a week ago?

volt

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 08:23:07 AM »

Didn't Stryde nail get recalled over a week ago?

Yeah I was thinking the same but he did it in Barcelona, so I imagine it’s not recalled in Spain. Does anyone know why it’s being recalled and if it’s been recalled in the states yet. Kind of surprising that stryde would get recalled and not bacteria magnet externals.

Jason2020

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 11:37:10 AM »

Hello friends,
A few days ago I had surgery on my femurs to grow as much as possible, without negatively impacting my mobility and my daily life.
Thanks to this forum (specially the diary of "my evolution" among other experiences), I decided that it was time to increase my height after being quite short for so long, since height is a very important issue in society.

From a very young age I have always been quite short, but at the same time I have been in shape all my life. I am very athletic and disciplined, and I have studied sports and physical activity sciences.

Before starting my diary from the day of the intervention I must say that I have been stretching my legs hard for a month and a half 2 times a day.

Initial height: 161.5 cms
Initial weight: 58 kgs.
Objective: increase 7-8 cm in femurs.

Are you doing this with Monegal in Barcelona? How much is this costing you? How can I contact him?

FSchez

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »

Hi friends!
I'll write to you as soon as posible. I'm trying post my photos at hospital.
I hope you can see the image of this linnk:
https://ibb.co/BNY7JbM

Yes Jason2020, my doctor is Alejandro Monegal.
If you want I can give you the e-mail to contact to him

FSchez

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 03:27:43 PM »

If you want to see my post operation photos you can click in this link:
https://fschez.imgbb.com/

FSchez

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 09:27:33 PM »

Day 4 after the operation (Wednesday 27 / January / 21:
The night was quite good, I woke up in the middle of the night with discomfort and with a quick pain reliever I went back to sleep quickly.
When I woke up I felt quite a sensation of muscle fatigue, because the day before I did a lot of exercise.
In the morning I did the physiotherapy session: some exercises to activate the muscles of the legs and they put me on the knee flexion machine. I also walked, but very little, just a walk to the door of the room.
I was quite tired and had discomfort so I asked for a little more pain relievers than the day before. I got up to go to the toilet and my feeling was dizzy (a common feeling from lying down for so long). Apart from muscle fatigue, I hyperventilated while walking and this made me a bit nauseous, so I had to wait for the feeling to subside before I could eat.
In the afternoon I had another physical therapy session, with the knee flexion machine (the machine relaxed me so much that I fell asleep while working on it).
Shortly after I woke up the doctor came and took an X-ray to mark the area of ​​the nail magnets on my legs, that would be the reference point where I had to support the machine to lengthen the nail. The doctor told me that everything was correct, so he discharged me and my mell drove to the MICs Sant Jordi residence, which is 5 minutes by car from the Diagonal clinic.
After dinner I had a bit of a bad time because I lay on the sofa leaning on my left hip and when I tried to get up to go to the bathroom with the walker my legs were shaking like when you have intense muscle fatigue and it seemed I was going to fall ... It took me a lot to get it but in the end it came. On the way back I had to tell my wife to bring me the wheelchair. Shortly after we went to bed. It was a very intense day.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 09:35:23 PM »

Yeah I was thinking the same but he did it in Barcelona, so I imagine it’s not recalled in Spain. Does anyone know why it’s being recalled and if it’s been recalled in the states yet. Kind of surprising that stryde would get recalled and not bacteria magnet externals.
Externals is a safe way for LL and other orthipaedic surgeries for more than 70 years.
There is no reason to recall nor it is a bacteria magnet as you said.
Don't spread stupid things in our fellow LLers topic, you can discuss anything you want about externals in an appropriate topic.

FSchez

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »

Following the qestion of Highest and Volt...
I don't know if stryde is being recalled and if it is true, I don't know why.
So far all I have seen and heard is that the stryde operation is currently the best option to lengthen the bone with a very fast recovery and with less risk. The patients who have finished lengthening their legs with this technique seem to have been very happy, I have spoken with some of them and they have given me a lot of confidence...
If someone finds out or knows something about this I hope he inform us... 
For the moment I will focus on posting the next days of my lengthening progress

permanentlybanned

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 03:05:07 AM »

FSchez, don't worry about the stryde drama. You will be fine
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Jason2020

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 05:32:46 AM »

Hi friends!
I'll write to you as soon as posible. I'm trying post my photos at hospital.
I hope you can see the image of this linnk:
https://ibb.co/BNY7JbM

Yes Jason2020, my doctor is Alejandro Monegal.
If you want I can give you the e-mail to contact to him

Yes that would be great.

volt

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 08:30:30 AM »

Yeah don’t worry I have only seen good things from Stryde on here. It’s definitely your best option, and unless a better alternative comes around in 4 or 5 years when I plan on getting LL done myself, I want to use it.

FSchez

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 12:26:29 PM »

Hi friends!
Thank you all for your comments. This afternoon I will continue writing the days that I have spent during my stay at the MICs Sant Jordi residence in Barcelona.
Today I feel great, currently I have been a little more than 3 weeks since the intervention and I am already at home with my wife and children.
I just posted new photos of my progress at the link below:
https://fschez.imgbb.com/

FSchez

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 07:34:03 PM »

Day 5 after the operation (Thursday 28/January/21):
The night was not very bad, I woke up due to heat in my legs around 2:30 and I was trying to sleep for half an hour, but since I couldn't sleep, my wife woke up and gave me medication to calm the pain. Shortly after the pain went away and I fell asleep until about 8:30.
I woke up in good spirits, only with my hips swollen and a little tired in my legs, but I spent the morning calm and almost painless. Around 12:30, I did the exercise of bending my knees with the help of my wife, but only 20 minutes with each leg so as not to get too tired. Then I did 10 repetitions with each leg, lifting the extended legs, and as my left hip was sore and a little more swollen, I started to feel pain. Right after exercise I ate, but as the muscle pain kept getting stronger I had to stop eating to take a pain reliever and rest. I fell asleep in bed for a long nap and took the afternoon off, just as Alberto, the physiotherapist, and also Dr. Monegal had told me. It was a quiet afternoon without pain, I played chess and watched TV without getting up from my chair, just to go to the toilet and shower at night, which I was able to do standing up, with the help of my wife.
We went to bed quite early, around 10:30. Right after taking a shower I lay down on the bed, my wife healed my wounds and I had dinner in bed. I didn't get up again all night.

smalltaller

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 07:42:09 PM »

Stryde was recalled worldwide as far as I know... didn't you doctor tell you about it? Thats strange!

permanentlybanned

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2021, 07:45:26 PM »

Looks like monegal did a good job with the surgery from what I can see. It's definitely amazing you can spend your time with your wife and kids- most people do this alone so you'll definitely have a much better time mentally and even physically with this lengthening.

Thanks for the pictures dude! Love the many pictures uploaded on imgbb, appreciate it man

And once again, don't worry about the Stryde drama...

@smalltaller he had this surgery three weeks ago when only UK suspended it so far.

FSchez

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2021, 08:20:39 PM »

Day 6 after the operation (29 / January / 21):
Again the night has been uncomfortable, it was difficult for me to fall asleep because although at 10:30 p.m. I took a pain reliever and I was not sleepy because I had slept almost 2 hours of nap. I fell asleep 2 hours after going to bed and woke up around 2:00 with a headache (probably because the pillow is too high) and heat in my legs. As the television was on with low volume, I tried to distract myself by watching a soccer game, after getting dressed up and taking a few turns, after half an hour or a little more I managed to fall asleep again.
I woke up again uncomfortable due to the headache and had to lift the bed (the head area) a bit but since I couldn't get to sleep, I started to feel pain in my legs and I took a pain reliever. I managed to get to sleep shortly after, but at 8:15 a.m. I woke up, again with discomfort in the neck and head area, so I got up to clear myself and have breakfast. I had a great morning without moving much, just in a wheelchair, and I got up a couple of times just to go to the bathroom. Today I was playing a physiotherapy session with Alberto, the first time after leaving the hospital. The session went great. It helped me to know that the swelling of the hips was not a bad thing, it is something normal because it is where they have had to drive the nails. I have also done a few stretching exercises to keep my hips and knees flexible and a series of exercises to keep my leg muscles, which I don't need to do at the moment because I stay pretty toned. The physiotherapist has recommended that I rest for the weekend.
After the physiotherapy session we went up to the room to eat and at the end I started to feel a slight muscle pain. As I have already learned my lesson, to avoid suffering pain I have taken a pain reliever and I have taken an hour's nap.
The afternoon we spent quietly playing chess, we started to watch TV. I started to feel a bit annoyed and when I got up to go to the toilet with the crutches I got dizzy.
I took a tramadol because the pain was already severe and I got into bed.
When the pain subsided a bit, we had dinner in bed and I watched TV to try to sleep.

FSchez

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 08:30:51 PM »

Ghkid2021
Thank you for your comment, the truth is that I am very happy with how everything has gone so far and therefore I want to share all the information and feelings I have during the process since the intervention. I feel indebted to this forum because thanks to this I decided to take the step of having surgery, although in some personal experiences I would have liked to see more photos or videos of the patients throughout the process, so I want to publish everything that is in my hands .
About the removal of the stryde nail I'm curious, not worried, because suddenly people ask, but so far everything I have seen with this nail seems to have gone well, so if anyone knows exactly what happened let us know.
I'll keep updating the diary and posting new photos soon ...

FSchez

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2021, 12:39:50 PM »

Hello everyone!
I am going to start posting videos on YouTube of my progress since the intervention. Here you have the link to the first video training in the gym a few days since I arrived to the MICs Sant Jordi:

Tartar

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2021, 12:45:07 PM »

Good luck! you are very similar to me. Prepare to lose all your butt ;D PM if you need any advice or info

FSchez

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2021, 12:57:21 PM »

;D
I have already started to lose my buttocks and the muscles in my legs ... Right now I will have about 1.6 cms grown in both legs and they already look thinner, my wife tells me ...
Thank you very much for offering your help, I will keep it in mind. It is nice to have support from someone who is going through the same situation. In what phase of lengthening are you, Tartar?

Here I post another video, this is from the first day after the intervention:

Tartar

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2021, 01:29:57 PM »

I'm in consolidation. My left leg is way worse than the right one but I can walk anyway.
Which nail size do you have?

Erkan

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2021, 01:45:38 PM »

;D
I have already started to lose my buttocks and the muscles in my legs ... Right now I will have about 1.6 cms grown in both legs and they already look thinner, my wife tells me ...
Thank you very much for offering your help, I will keep it in mind. It is nice to have support from someone who is going through the same situation. In what phase of lengthening are you, Tartar?

Here I post another video, this is from the first day after the intervention:

My wife told me the same! Does you butt muscle also hurt? I try to strech but its quite painful:/

FSchez

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »

I'm in consolidation. My left leg is way worse than the right one but I can walk anyway.
Which nail size do you have?
I Hope you get better soon from the sore leg. At the moment I do not have much pain but it is very difficult for me to sleep at night for more than 5 hours, I hope that with time that will improve.
I think I have the 10 mm nails, but I'm not sure, I guess it depends on the size of the inner hollow of the femur, which in my case is just over 10 mm according to the doctor told me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up