Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 25358 times)

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2021, 12:41:25 PM »

When I feel pain in my hips and I have stiff legs, stretching and making small movements to activate the joints relaxes me a lot. The pain does not go away completely but it helps to lower the intensity ...

permanentlybanned

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2021, 01:03:53 PM »

Mi Espanol no bueno pero gracias por su diario

Su Ingles es muy bueno.. no pienso que tu no es nativo de Ingles speaker 😂
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

FSchez

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2021, 01:12:14 PM »

Day 14 after the operation (Saturday 6 / February / 21):
The night was the worst of all ... I had a hard time falling asleep for a long time ... I turned many times in bed but could not find the position, and although I turned off the TV I did not sleep ... At 2:00, so many laps I gave, I started feeling hungry and went to the kitchen to have some cereals with milk. I went back to bed to see if I could get to sleep and at 3:15 it was the last time I saw the time on the clock. At 4:40 I woke up again and since I could already take a pain reliever I took it and after spending an hour tossing and turning in bed with discomfort, I fell asleep until 9:15.
Just after breakfast the doctor came to remove the stitches. The scars are perfect, very closed and the points are hardly noticeable. I have asked him for advice to sleep better and he told me to move my legs a lot, to ride the elliptical-trainer late in the afternoon for a while, and in addition to that, if I'm still in bed with sore legs, I got up to walk around the room on crutches. As for the medication, he recommended that I take a tramadol (a stronger pain reliever than the one I am taking these days) just before going to bed.
After stretching with the machine, as I could not stretch well due to the overload and the contracture of the left quadriceps, I walked 15 minutes around the room with the crutches and right after I stretched my muscles. It hurt a lot at first, but after insisting I managed to touch my buttocks with my heels, as I have done in the last 2 days.
After stretching, I have gone back to walking a bit on crutches and I have sat watching TV until lunchtime.
The afternoon I have taken it more calmly, I have taken a nap for a while, I put on the machine to stretch myself and before stretching again I walked with the crutches around the room to warm up my muscles a little. The stretching cost me a lot (you can see it in the video I published recently), because I have a contracture in my left quadriceps that limits my movement a lot. The rest of the afternoon I have spent without moving from the chair until after dinner to rest on the sofa.
I went to bed early, at 12 at night, and took a tramadol, but it took me a long time to fall asleep despite playing a movie on the tablet with the volume turned down ... as my left leg bothered me, I couldn't sleep until 3:30.

FSchez

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2021, 06:53:14 PM »

Mi Espanol no bueno pero gracias por su diario

Su Ingles es muy bueno.. no pienso que tu no es nativo de Ingles speaker 😂
Thanks ghkid!! Your level of spanish is also good. When I was 19, I was given a sports scholarship to study in Iowa and play soccer. I spent 8 months living there, but it has been a long time, because of this I say that my level of English is not very good ... so if there are any wrong words or phrases that is the reason...

FSchez

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2021, 12:57:33 PM »

Day 15 after the operation (Sunday 7 / February / 21):
The night has been pretty bad. From 4:00 to 6:00 I would not stop waking up at times. At 6 o'clock I took a pain reliever and managed to sleep with almost no pain shortly after. At 8 o'clock I woke up again, but fell asleep quickly and stayed in bed sleeping fitfully until 10:00.
In the morning I woke up without pain, so I started the day wanting to move on crutches. I have taken a few walks around the room and before eating I went with the chair to the sidewalk in front of the residence to buy bread. Later, as the gym was free, at 1:00 p.m. I went down to stretch my muscles, with a little less discomfort than yesterday, but still with a contracture in my left leg. Afterwards, I was able to last almost 15 minutes on the elliptical trainer without resting. Just when i came back to the room
my wife has returned from Madrid. We have gone to park the car on the outskirts of the city because around the residence it is almost impossible to park. After eating we slept for half an hour and I stretched my legs with the machine. I have stretched my muscles again with a bit of discomfort but less than the last times, because my wife has relaxed my legs a lot with a muscle massage 😉.
The rest of the afternoon has been quiet, I just got back on my feet to go to the bathroom to shower. After having a snack, I started to feel discomfort in my left leg until dinner time ...
As after dinner the discomfort has turned into pain and I have noticed a cramp in the right quadriceps (in the leg that was so far without pain) while stretching after lengthening my legs with the machine, my wife gave me a massage in both legs to ease the pain.
Before going to bed I have taken a liquid Nolotil because so far tramadol does not relax me or relieve my pain ...
Thanks to that, I was able to sleep shortly after lying in bed. I have slept on my stomach and without a pillow, after rolling over until I was in a comfortable position.

FSchez

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2021, 01:20:21 PM »

Day 16 after the operation (Monday 8 / February / 21):
The night has been regular ... At 2 o'clock I woke up discomfort but I managed to sleep after pissing in the bottle. At 5 o'clock I woke up again but I didn't need to take anything for the pain, I fell asleep again quickly. At 6 am I woke up in pain and took a tramadol, but since it had almost no effect, it took me a long time to relax again. From 6 to 9 I have slept at times but in pain, unable to rest comfortably ...
At 9:00 I woke up with a slight feeling of heaviness in my legs, so I stayed in bed for a quiet time and just before having breakfast I stretched my legs with the machine. This time I have not done stretching because of the discomfort in both legs. The morning I have taken it easy. I had a physiotherapy session at 12:30, but today we used the session to calm the contractures and relieve the tension in the quadriceps. I have also spoken with the doctor to ask if I can take stronger medication to ease the pain at night. The doctor has told me that I can take 2 capsules of nolotil each taking, until now I only took one capsule. Regarding tramadol (the strongest medication that he has prescribed for me so far) which does not calm me to sleep, I can occasionally take enantyum (anti-inflammatory) without abusing it.
After eating we took a nap for a while, I stretched out my legs with the machine and stretched my muscles very slowly and almost without forcing, so as not to lose mobility. At about 6:30 p.m. the doctor came to see my quadriceps and since at that moment they hurt a lot, he stretched my hamstrings, bringing my legs straight towards my trunk, to relieve tension. The pain disappeared instantly for a long time. The rest of the afternoon was quiet, without moving much from the sofa, I even had dinner on it. Then I lengthened my legs with the machine again and my wife helped me with the stretching exercises.
We went to bed at 12 at night, and just before I took a tramadol, my legs didn't hurt much, I only had a slight pain. As the tramadol did not work for me, I started to feel severe pain in my legs, it was impossible to sleep like this ...
My wife helped ease the pain by stretching my hamstrings like the doctor did in the afternoon ... Thanks to that I fell asleep while massaging my legs, after almost an hour of massage ...

FSchez

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2021, 12:18:44 PM »

Day 17 after the operation (Tuesday 9 / February / 21):
I woke up at 3:00 am with severe pain so I took a pain reliever. It was hard for me to fall asleep and I turned on the TV. The rest of the night I had a good time although it took me a long time to fall asleep again because I had a constant but slight discomfort. At 7 in the morning I woke up again with some pain and took another pain reliever. I spent the rest of the time in bed sleeping fitfully until 9:00.

The contracture in my left leg still bothered me so the day was pretty easy for me. Today I have not had physiotherapy, all I have done is lengthen my legs with the machine and stretch the muscles with the help of my wife. In the afternoon I started to write the diary in the forum from the day of the operation, I had everything written down in a notebook. Then we went down to the pool to relax for a while, my legs have been great😁. Then we had a pizza for dinner that we ordered over the phone and we lay on the couch for a while. As all day I have been taking the painkillers every 4 hours, I have not had pain, only discomfort at times. We went to bed at 11:30 pm and I fell asleep shortly after.

FSchez

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2021, 01:18:02 PM »

Day 18 after the operation (Wednesday 10 / February / 21):
At 2:00 I woke up with pain in my legs so I took a pain reliever. Half hour later my wife gave me a good massage because I could not sleep again. While I was relaxing the sore area I fell asleep.
At 6:00 I woke up again with leg pain, took a pain reliever, and went back to sleep pretty quickly. At 8:00 I woke up again and after tossing and turning I was able to sleep at times until 10:00.
Today I woke up very rested, but I woke up with an inflamed left quadriceps contracture ...
I have lengthened my legs with the machine and my wife has massaged the area again and helped me stretch my muscles.
Late in the morning I went down for a physiotherapy session and Alberto unloaded my left leg, the quadriceps area and the hamstring on the outside, near the gluteus. He has been examining the flexibility and mobility of my legs and he has told me that I am doing very well.
After eating we relaxed on the sofa and my wife fell asleep while we watched a series on the tablet. After stretching my legs with the machine, I stretched my muscles and we had a snack. We went down to the gym and I spent 15 minutes on the elliptical trainer (I had to stop due to pain in my right knee, it pinched) and then I did some gentle knee mobility exercises. I got back on the elliptical bike for another 5 minutes. Right after we went to the pool to relax our muscles and went up to our room for dinner.
After dinner I turned on the machine to lengthen my legs while watching a Barcelona soccer game on the tablet. When the game was over I stretched my muscles and we lay down on the bed.
Until 2:00 I could not take painkillers so we stayed up watching TV to wait entertained. I took the pain reliever and soon after fell asleep.

I have to say that going through the recovery process alone would have been very difficult, so I think it is important to have the help of a family member or a friend if possible.

FSchez

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »

Day 19 after the operation (Thursday 11 / February / 21):
The night was very good! From 2:30 to 9:00 I didn't wake up, I took a pain reliever and we stayed in bed relaxed until 10:00.
I got up with almost no discomfort, only a small impingement in my right knee and a contracture of my left quadriceps, so I was able to walk with crutches around the room without problem.
In the morning I did a little exercise with the help of my wife 😁 Then we went out late in the morning to take a walk down the street with the wheelchair. After eating we have been relaxed, without leaving the room the rest of the day. Today we have not gone down to the pool or the gym. After dinner and lengthening my legs with the machine, I stretched my muscles and we went to bed early to watch a movie on the tablet.

FSchez

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2021, 01:47:18 PM »

Day 20 after the operation (Friday 12 / February / 21):
This time I was able to sleep well again. We fell asleep around 12:30 and when I woke up from pain at 1:30 I took a pain reliever. At 7:00 I woke up and took a pain reliever, but I couldn't get much sleep anymore. At 8:00, after tossing and turning, I got up for breakfast.
Today is a very important day, I have my first X-ray since I started to lengthen my legs with the machine. Today the doctor came at 10:30 (after having been all night and the entire day before working in the hospital) to confirm that everything was perfect.
I have gone to the clinic closest to the residence to do an X-ray of my legs. When the doctor saw the X-ray he was very happy😁.
I have grown 1.26 cm in both legs and the formation of bony callus is beginning to be seen :D.
Then we went out for a walk down the street, I was in a wheelchair, and at 1 o'clock I had my last physiotherapy session in Barcelona. We have been going over some specific stretching and muscle building exercises to regain lost muscle tone these days. In the afternoon we have been relaxing on the sofa for a while and we have gone out again to take the last walk through Barcelona before returning home😁. In the late afternoon we went down to the gym to move our legs on the elliptical trainer. On Saturday morning we returned to Madrid with our children, so we went to bed shortly after dinner to travel rested.

more

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2021, 04:30:59 PM »

All the best

FSchez

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2021, 08:26:35 AM »

All the best
Thanks a lot!!
By the way, the photo of the last radiography is published in this link along with the other photos that I am adding during my progress.
https://fschez.imgbb.com/

las vegas baby

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2021, 10:59:46 AM »

Thanks ghkid!! Your level of spanish is also good. When I was 19, I was given a sports scholarship to study in Iowa and play soccer. I spent 8 months living there, but it has been a long time, because of this I say that my level of English is not very good ... so if there are any wrong words or phrases that is the reason...

does it mean a lot to u to get bacc to soccer?

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2021, 03:45:56 AM »

Nice diary FSchez - following along and rooting for ya man! Stay strong 💪
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

FSchez

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2021, 07:14:00 AM »

does it mean a lot to u to get bacc to soccer?
My preferences are different now than when I was 20 years old ;D.
Finally, I was not lucky to become a professional soccer player so I would be happy if when my recovery is over I can play sports just for fun and have good mobility.

FSchez

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2021, 07:21:05 AM »

Nice diary FSchez - following along and rooting for ya man! Stay strong 💪
Thanks my friend!
Now I am going through some days of intense pain ... I have 2 cm elongated and sometimes I find it difficult to bear the pain, so I had to stop lengthening my legs for today to give a break to the muscles, nerves, tendons ...
Soon I will continue to update the diary and will also publish new videos.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2021, 07:57:31 AM »

Thanks my friend!
Now I am going through some days of intense pain ... I have 2 cm elongated and sometimes I find it difficult to bear the pain, so I had to stop lengthening my legs for today to give a break to the muscles, nerves, tendons ...
Soon I will continue to update the diary and will also publish new videos.

Taking breaks is OK. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Enjoy the process, enjoy your family, enjoy every moment of it... No need to push yourself. I took several breaks during my lengthening and hung out with my Dad and friends.

Kal el

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2021, 10:52:12 AM »

How much time did it take for you to reach 6cm...or whtever u lengthened?🙂

FSchez

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2021, 12:29:39 PM »

Taking breaks is OK. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Enjoy the process, enjoy your family, enjoy every moment of it... No need to push yourself. I took several breaks during my lengthening and hung out with my Dad and friends.
Thank you for your advice!
right now I feel much better. The last time I lengthened my legs was yesterday at 3:30 pm so I have spent almost a whole day resting, I have only stretched my muscles so as not to lose flexibility. So far the worst thing is not being able to sleep at night times longer than 4 hours. I was only able to sleep 5 hours last night, but with interruptions due to pain ...

6CMFemurs

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »

It took me 2 months and one week to get to 6 CM. But back in the times when I did it, they started lengthening me the day after surgery. I think they learned by trial and error to wait a week post-op to lengthen.

FSchez

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2021, 01:22:59 PM »

I apologize for mixing the present and the past. I will continue with the diary ...

Day 21 after the operation (Saturday 13 / February / 21):
After a regular night, I woke up 2 times from pain, I got up at 8:30 to have breakfast and take a shower. I lengthened my legs and stretched my muscles just before leaving the MICs Sant Jordi residence. We drove home, my wife obviously drove. We had to stop 4 times, once to eat and the rest to move my legs. We arrived in Madrid at 5:30 p.m. and the first thing I did was lengthen my legs and stretching exercises. Shortly after, we went to my parents' house and spent the rest of the afternoon at their house with them and our children. At dinner time we went back to our house with our children and I again lengthened my legs and stretched my muscles. We went to bed a little late, as the children took a long time to sleep with the excitement of seeing us.

FSchez

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2021, 06:03:16 PM »

Day 22 after the operation (Sunday 14 / February / 21):

The night has been a little better than the last ones, but I still haven't been able to sleep the whole night without waking up to take painkillers ...
Like every day I have lengthened my legs 3 times and right after I have stretched my muscles. My parents live very close to our house, 250 meters away, so in the afternoon we took the opportunity to walk to my parents' house with crutches to move my legs a little. We have spent the afternoon with them because our children love to play at their grandparents' house. My mother massaged my legs
because I felt a little overload. We went to bed early, at 11:30 pm, but it took me a long time to sleep. Although I spent the whole day well at night I started to feel pain in my legs.

FSchez

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »

Day 23 after the operation (Monday 15 / February / 21):
Like the last few days, I have slept at night with discomfort in my legs and have had to take painkillers in the middle of the night. In the morning I have been calm, I have spent a lot of time lying on the sofa and stretching my muscles. At 17:00 I had my first physiotherapy session in Madrid. I have felt quite a bit of pain because it has been a rather hard massage, but it has managed to reduce the contracture in my left leg. At night I felt a lot of muscular fatigue because of the massage, so I spent a long time rolling over on bed until I got to sleep. By the moment I am being able to do the 3 sessions of lengthening without problems: 0.81 mm per day ...

FSchez

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:16 PM »

Day 24 after the operation (Tuesday 17 / February / 21):
The night from Monday to Tuesday has been good, I have only woken up once, I have taken a pain reliever and I have returned to sleep quite quickly. Thanks to the hard massage on Monday, my legs are lighter and unloaded so I have spent the day much more active.

I have walked on crutches down the street for about 1 km. In the afternoon we visited my parents, but this time I used the wheelchair that I rented for a month when we arrived at home.

At night I felt pain in my legs and hips, so I had a hard night until we went to bed. I had little trouble sleeping because I took a pain reliever just before going to bed, but an hour later I woke up with discomfort and my wife massaged my legs to calm the pain ...

FSchez

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2021, 07:44:36 PM »

Day 25 after the operation (Wednesday 18 / February / 21):
It has been a pretty bad night, I have woken up 4 times with discomfort so I have spent a lot of time rolling over trying to get into a comfortable position to go back to sleep ... Although I have taken painkillers the pain does not let me sleep well. In the morning I have stretched my legs and have walked for a long time on crutches at home. I felt good and I tried to walk a 10 meter stretch without help and I succeeded. My 3-year-old daughter says I look like a penguin walking ;D... In the afternoon we went to my parents' house, this time I went with crutches. My legs felt a bit stiff and my mother gave me a massage. Thanks to the massages, I spend much better moments of muscular fatigue ... My wife has returned home with the children and I have stayed at my parents' house to shower. When I have seen myself nked I have noticed that I am very thin and I have lost my buttocks. I have walked home on crutches and I have not felt any discomfort. It has been a good day, almost painless.

I continue to lengthen my legs 3 times a day and stretch my muscles right after each lengthening.

After dinner we have been watching TV on the sofa, and we have gone to bed a little late, because I have waited to take the pain reliever to sleep relaxed.

FSchez

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2021, 12:29:32 PM »

Day 26 after the operation (Thursday 18 / February / 21):
The nights are still bad, we sleep stretches of 3 or 4 hours and I wake up with pain so I can't go back to sleep if I don't take painkillers ... In the morning I woke up fine, but just after stretching my legs with the machine I felt discomfort in the upper and outer area of ​​the buttocks. I think I am starting to feel discomfort in my sciatic nerve.

I spent the day not very active because my hips also hurt a bit, especially the small flexor muscles of the hip. I have had a physiotherapy session at 4:00 PM. The physiotherapist massaged me hard again and in the afternoon I felt much better. After the session we spent the afternoon at my parents' house. We have come home after the children had dinner, and we went to bed shortly after lengthening my legs and stretching the muscles because we had dinner a little late ...

FSchez

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2021, 12:48:38 PM »

Day 27 after the operation (Friday 19 / February / 21):
After a night like the last, waking up 2 or 3 times, without being able to rest without discomfort, I have woken up quite well. It's rare that sleeping so badly you can wake up wanting to walk, but at the same time it's a relief. I have gone out to walk to the street with the fines for about 1.5 kms and I have been able to walk with a good pace. After eating I felt a bit tired so I have been calmer. We have returned to visit my parents to spend the afternoon at their house. I still continue to lengthen my legs and do stretching exercises with no problem. When we got home, we had all eaten early and I was able to relax on the sofa for quite some time right after stretching my legs. Before going to bed my wife gave me a massage because I started to feel pain on my legs and I could not take painkillers, because only 2 hours had passed since the last taking painkillers ...

FSchez

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2021, 01:06:39 PM »

Day 28 after the operation (Saturday 20 / February / 21):
The night has been a little better than the previous one. I've only woken up once, but after taking painkillers, it took me a long time to get back to sleep. Today I also felt good, so we went for a walk like the day before. The distance traveled was the same, but I had to walk with the crutches a little slower. In the afternoon my legs felt very tired and we went to my parents' house, this time with the wheelchair. My mother and my wife have both massaged me at the same time, one on each leg. Thanks to that I have felt a relief for a long time ...
When we returned home and I lengthened my legs with the machine, I felt a lot of tension in my knees. After dinner I have spent all the time on the sofa with discomfort until I have been able to take the pain reliever. Then we went to bed.

Jamesy998

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2021, 01:30:44 PM »

I know it is best to try and stick to a normal schedule as much as possible to feel normal during the whole LL process but what i noticed was that the painkillers really worked well on a slight empty stomach near the morning time around 3am or so. What I did was exhaust myself until then and pop a pain killer and it put me right to sleep. I think a lot is about experimenting to really get in your comfort zone during the lengthening phase.

Also it is always great you have family around, it can get difficult at times and the support is a great thing to have. Massages are always nice and relaxing :D
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

BelowTheMean

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2021, 02:35:41 PM »

For me, sleep got much better around the 6-8 week mark post-OP, at which point I didn't need to take any pills to help with sleep and I didn't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I have heard of some people having trouble sleeping during the whole distraction phase and other people sleeping like normal after 1 month.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Renaissance

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2021, 11:14:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up