Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Precice 2.2 Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian March 30 2021  (Read 7966 times)

racecarworm

Re: Precice 2.2 Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian March 30 2021
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2021, 06:29:26 AM »

If anybody knows if there should be pain doing lengthening with precice please lmk! I will also contact Dr. M myself and ask about it again but he said I shouldnt have any during the first week since it’s still barely lengthened.

Arcon

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2021, 07:17:44 AM »

Hi, from what I know, lengthening itself is not painfull.

Dionysus

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2021, 08:28:04 AM »

I felt pain in my right leg when lengthening for first week.Then I changed position and started lengthening lying down and after some time there was no pain left.

itseasy

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »

If anybody knows if there should be pain doing lengthening with precice please lmk! I will also contact Dr. M myself and ask about it again but he said I shouldnt have any during the first week since it’s still barely lengthened.

Here’s my 2 cents. Don’t trip out too much about pains here and there. If there is one thing I learned during LL is that pains will be present and it moves all over the place randomly. Right now your legs probably feel heavy as hell, they will get swollen, hip pains will come and go and you will feel achy at times from just laying down in one position forever. You are about to go through a rollercoaster of crap BUT, DONT WORRY! Take the opiates (hard to avoid just because of the surgery trauma) , they help calm things down and just move through it day by day.

Another piece of advice, you will probably get depressed at times just because your stuck in bed and things will be difficult. If you were a super independent guy then the fact you need a helper for even the simplest things you used to do may just make you feel downright dog crap. AGAIN, DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!!! In the end, you’ll look back at it and think to your self “damn I did something awesome”.. As a matter of fact, I truly can’t remember all the details of my post surgery pains and lengthening pains, so it must have not been that bad.

To be honest with you, the worst part of the whole process for me was being on opiates for such a long time. It really took a toll on my body and I always felt unmotivated. I really believe the drugs contributed to my bouts of depression at times.

But now, 3 months into consolidation, I’m loving this sh*t....I walk in the gym, workout and see the results of my surgery and ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING!!! No real pains, just bullsh*t muscle soreness as you would expect from rebuilding the mass back up to where it was. No more opiates, I don’t even take ibuprofen or any over the counter pain meds really anymore unless I have a headache.

racecarworm

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2021, 06:51:38 AM »

Day 8 Recap
This morning I woke up at 7am, super sweaty, legs in pain and uncomfortable. Took my norco and got ready to leave to get my surgical surtures removed. I took my medicine, ate breakfast in bed; sat up slowly with assistance and stood up by myself. I walked straight forward and had my father put my wheelchair behind me. By now it was like 8am, and we then moved the wheelchair to the staircase for me to go down the stairs. I lifted myself up from the wheelchair onto the walker, and they held me and put me down to my butt so that it touches the ground. I then used both arms to move my torso with my legs hanging down the stairs, and slowly step by step I got down with a bit of help from my parents holding my legs. They got me to the bottom and it was like 8:30, bit painful (4/10) and I sat at the bottom for a break as my father calls to confirm the appointment. Sadly, my appointment was not correct, Dr. Mahboubian had said my surtures could be removed today (Thursday) but the place we called said 2 weeks after the initial surgery. So, next week on Tuesday. I sat downstairs kinda upset and in a bit of pain but it had been an hour and a half since the norco hit and I was feeling a bit better. I went to the bathroom well without much help other than me sitting down from a standing position. Then, I went back upstairs at about 11:30am.

From there on it had been an uncomfortable experience sitting at my computer desk, I was exhausted and pain was constantly 4/10. I think it’s from the soreness. Each time I lengthen my left leg hurts a decent amount (3/10) and it’s annoying because my right side is either 0 or 1. I coild not last at my desk and use my computer for long and returned to my bed at 3pm, after doing some self pt (My pt starts next week). I had lifted myself up from the walker, walked about 15 ft, turned around, and went for 4 laps. I was then exhausted and crashed on my bed. By this time I had probably taken another norco and was in pain for a good bit. I really hope my left leg recovers as well as my right one does. If it were, I could be fully self sufficient already.

At about 8pm I got back up. I was in bed, I was using my leg muscles to lift my legs in the air and turn my body to the right so I can get off the bed. This was the hard part from yesterday and I needed help but I managed to do it myself this time. I sat up 90 degrees with my knee at 90 degrees aswell for about 30 minutes, massaging my legs. I noticed they were more tight than usual, so I kept at it. I then stood up, walked forward and had my father put my chair behind me. I He used the chair to move me to my desk and I attempted to use my computer again, this time the pain was like 2/3 and I was able to play some games and use my computer until about 11:30pm, I lengthened on the chair. The pain on my left leg persists during lengthening but a bit less than usual. I then got back on my bed by myself and wrote today’s recap :)

redwedding

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2021, 07:08:23 AM »

Hey sergio,
I asked Dr. M about infections and he said that I should not worry at all, and that all risks of infection were within the first 2-3 days post-op. I think he didn’t quite catch the fact that I asked specifically for a deep bone one, not the external patches that may have infected within my surgical surtures. If you would like, I will ask again about it the next time I see him (2 weeks from today), but I think it would be best for you to just email him and get a record of what he personally says.

Dear racecarworm,

thanks to you for your help. I don't think Dr Shahab will reply to my email but I will try it. If you have the concern about the deep bone infection for your case please ask upon the next consultation. I am compiling the answers from multiple surgeons and I will make a post on this with all the details.

regards,
sergio
If deep bone infection and the pulmonary embolism was not a risk I will do this operation tomorrow!

racecarworm

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2021, 03:27:08 PM »

Thanks man, can’t wait to be back in the gym. This pain is very annoying though haha

itseasy

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2021, 08:56:58 PM »

Thanks man, can’t wait to be back in the gym. This pain is very annoying though haha

Haha, just wait till your butt becomes boney. You’ll hate sitting at your desk. The amount of ass you lose is insane. This surgery is perfect for anyone who wants to lose their big fat butt if that have one....lol

racecarworm

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2021, 05:37:03 PM »

Day 9 Recap & Small Day 10 Update
Day 9 was another slow day for me, not much to do. However, I started noticing my legs were heavier than normal. I was getting used to it but my legs are much more tight than usual aswell, and the pain goes super high when I stand up from a seated position, up to 8/10 and leaves me screaming. The night of Day 9 was super  ty because I have to lengthen every 6 hours, and I lengthened at 12am. I stayed up until around 1 to take my norco until I finally fell asleep. I then woke ip at 5am again, extremely uncomfortable with my stomach hurting. I think I am not eating enough even despite me not being hungry and eating as much as I can.

I really gotta stress the pain when I stand up. My legs are a lot heavier and sore, and the pain for the brief second in which I move from a seated position to a standing position with a walker is unbearable.

silverlining

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2021, 07:06:46 AM »

How important is it to have a caretaker during the first 2 weeks? I'm planning to do Precise 2.2 Femur lengthening this summer.

racecarworm

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2021, 11:31:42 PM »

Personally could not survive without one during the first week. HUGE inconvenience if I didn’t have one during the second but getting a lot better.

Serilium

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »

How's it been racecar. Week 3ish for you now. Hopefully your pain/soreness from post-surgery is going down!
Keep fighting bro

racecarworm

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2021, 03:40:26 AM »

Hey! I’m doing good. Pain and soreness has gone down a lot, but I’m stretching very intensely 4 times a day and its very painful when I push myself that hard, but I’m seeing clear results. I haven’t made an update post in a while but I will soon once I receive the x-ray film from the hospital! I’ve met up with Dr. Mahboubian again and he says that my xray is excellent, but my range of motion and tightness will have to improve a lot otherwise I won’t be able to go the full 8cm.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2021, 02:36:15 PM »

Congratulations on the procedure. Wishing you a speedy recovery man!
Looking forward to your week 4 updates.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Serilium

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2021, 08:40:26 AM »

Chekin up on ya racecar. How u doin. Make sure to Take care of yourself, especially mentally.

Cheers

racecarworm

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2021, 05:18:30 AM »

Hey man, my legs are a lot stronger now. However, the past week I’ve started to have hamstring problems. My tibias, for some reason, started to feel cold and numb, and I have a sharp pain that shoots through my whole leg sometimes. Hamstrings are my main concern currently and I’m gonna call Dr. M tomorrow to ask about the numbness. They’re super tight, it felt like they randomly started guarding — similar to my first couple days post op. Just when my quads flexibility really started improving. I’m currently at 3cm, and I’ve gotten a lot more used to it.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2021, 02:20:37 AM »

Some xrays n pics please! Would love to see ur progress!

DonBones

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2021, 06:56:22 AM »

@racecarworm - I am glad that you are feeling better! It's good for you that you are doing it at such a young age. Uni was the place where I wished I was taller the most. I hope the other 5cm will be easier and you will achieve your goal. Good luck!!! :)
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

Serilium

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2021, 06:30:46 AM »

4.xx cm now

You Gucci?

Dreamer57

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2021, 09:13:08 PM »

Stay strong , you can pull through it!!

Also, pls keep updating....always happy to hear abt your progress!

racecarworm

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2021, 05:47:54 AM »

Hey! Just passed 5cm today. Feeling well for the most part, will put up a more detailed post later. Sorry I’ve been a bit inactive, super busy with finals lately.

racecarworm

« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2021, 05:24:54 PM »

At 6.5 cm —- Doctor recommends me to stop at 7 because I’m losing a lot of range of motion. I feel great, I take one tramadol a day before physical therapy and no pain otherwise. Just a lot of stretching. I can move around easily now and took my first step without the walker today. More updates incoming :) Sorry for the lack of messages lately, this is my last week of finals and I’ll have a lot of freetime. It was stressful to keep up with my academic standards and devote a lot of energy to my recovery at the same time.

alchem1729

• Visitor
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2021, 09:10:22 PM »

Wow that's amazing! Great to hear the news! I hope your consolidation goes great as you continue your journey :)

racecarworm

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2021, 02:40:19 AM »

6 month post op update
Okay, so I've been walking ~2.5 miles everyday, and up to 6 miles on some other days. I walk perfectly fine and feel perfectly normal, but when I get tired my glutes burn up and so my balance is a bit off. It's normal, same thing as if I hit leg day really hard. However, a bit ago I think I strained my quad. I can sort of feel a clicking in my lower left quad, I'm not sure if it's the nail or not. I emailed Dr. Mahboubian about it an hour ago, and had the x-rays done like 2-3 days after this sharp pain. The pain subsided significantly, and it only occurred during full extension of my quad, so I'm hoping I just strained it by exercising too much or something. Haven't had physical therapy in about 2 months since I've been well enough to jog and do squats & partial single leg squats.

Here are my x-rays! Forgot to post them before haha.
https://imgur.com/a/SdiGvz5

racecarworm

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2021, 02:43:07 AM »

I'm able to do about ~15 body weight squats before dying. Hamstrings and adductors are still very tight, been working on them slowly everyday. Hope to be able to recover  enough in order to start working my legs out with weights. I've been hitting upper body muscle groups in the gym for about 2 months now, my adductors are still very tight and it makes it hard to lie down on the flat bench and some other exercises. I also actually gained about 5 lbs compared to pre-op despite my legs looking like chopsticks haha.

ChangeMyLife

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2021, 03:38:20 AM »

Hey racecarworm! That's awesome to hear, and glad you're back on your feet. How many months post-op did you start walking without assistance? And how good would you say your walking gait is now? Also how would you rate your proportions?

racecarworm

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2021, 02:30:50 AM »

Hey racecarworm! That's awesome to hear, and glad you're back on your feet. How many months post-op did you start walking without assistance? And how good would you say your walking gait is now? Also how would you rate your proportions?

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I started walking 3/4 months post op, about 4 weeks after lengthening. It’s dependent on how fast your bone regenerates, my doctor gave me the green light to start weightbearing. My walking gait is alright, I thought it was fine and didn’t notice it until a family member told me that I should try to fix it. It actually feels amazing at times, when my ass isnt sore from walking. I think my proportions are great. Sometimes I look st them and I feel like they’re too long, but when I put clothes on and actually consider it then I feel like I’d be what a 5’10 person would look like. My femurs were relatively short prior to the surgery.

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2021, 02:13:08 PM »

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I started walking 3/4 months post op, about 4 weeks after lengthening. It’s dependent on how fast your bone regenerates, my doctor gave me the green light to start weightbearing. My walking gait is alright, I thought it was fine and didn’t notice it until a family member told me that I should try to fix it. It actually feels amazing at times, when my ass isnt sore from walking. I think my proportions are great. Sometimes I look st them and I feel like they’re too long, but when I put clothes on and actually consider it then I feel like I’d be what a 5’10 person would look like. My femurs were relatively short prior to the surgery.

Congratulations on your journey. We're the same height, except I'm 22. Really wanting to get this surgery done in the next few years. How does it feel being 174cm? Is it what you expected? Do you feel like you look better in clothes? Do you look taller? How has it been around your family and friends? Do you feel more confident now and making you feel like it's worth bearing through the pain?

Also would be awesome if you can either post or DM a walking video and before/after photos (with your identify blocked of course). Thanks!

ChangeMyLife

« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2021, 10:03:25 PM »

That's great to hear, racecar! I'm happy for you. Are you doing more gradual weightbearing / impact activities now? What does Dr. M think you can remove the rods? Also, how has your perspective changed with your new height?

For bone consolidation, did you take any supplements during/post lengthening?

silverlining

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2021, 03:22:34 AM »

Hello racecarworm,

Since you mentioned tight hamstrings, have you ever had wide legs/stance? If so, how did it resolve?

Dreamer57

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2021, 05:52:01 AM »

Hey man! How are you? How's you recovery been? Would love to hear an update...xray and video would be bonus lol! I hope things are going really great for you! Have a great day!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up