Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you plan to explain that you're taller?  (Read 8570 times)

Sweden

How do you plan to explain that you're taller?
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »

A former co-worker of mine came up to me when I was standing together with some friends and just said casually after "Hello" and stuff: -"you've grown taller, good for you!"

I just said I was using insoles that my Dr gave me and then it was nothing.

I just feel like starting a new life, change work, change town but I can't and of course I don't want to lose my life I have in my home town. Friends, training, work etc.

What would you guys tell someone who told you you're taller now? The truth? I could never do that.
Ignore it?

People notice, they do, no matter what you think.
Maybe it's too hard for them to understand that someone actually did LL-surgery and in India out of all places.
I don't know, but the entire situation felt very awkward!

What should I say after 6cm on my femurs?
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

TomD

• Private
Re: How do you plan to explain that you're taller?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »

I dont know dude. I have to imagine it because I am not in your shoes. I haven't had a procedure yet.

But for me I think I will just tell them the truth. I have been short all my life and it really bugged me so I had surgery to lengthen my legs. Now I am tall and I feel great. Smile.

I want to go for 6 inches. Everyone who has even had a casual conversation with me is going to notice. The good news is its like everything in life. Eventually we move. Get new friends. Get married. Get a career. None of those people will ever know you were short.

Thats  cool isnt it?  ;D

alps

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:19:45 PM »

Well I want just 2 inches (for safety). I'll go from 5'4" to 5'6" which is still a couple of inches shorter than average where I live.
If I tell people the truth they'll laugh their asses off : "you had to break your legs and pull them apart to stay short ?".

But I don't really care what I'll say or what they'll think. The main problem will be solved. That is more important to me.

I won't tell the truth though...

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »

I have always told the truth, WILL keep telling the truth, and honestly don't give a flying fk if anyone disapproves.

Sweden

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »

I have always told the truth, WILL keep telling the truth, and honestly don't give a flying fk if anyone disapproves.

Some people think you'll be ridiculed. It could be to a disadvantage for you in life.

We don't know for sure, but we do know what the general opinion is about this surgery.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 04:54:06 PM »

Some people think you'll be ridiculed. It could be to a disadvantage for you in life.

We don't know for sure, but we do know what the general opinion is about this surgery.

You might be ridiculed, for sure. I definitely agree with you on the possibility of that risk. Nevertheless, I don't consider it worse than being short. Actually, my height hurts my ego much worse than being ridiculed for shallowness. I have spoken about this matter with all family and almost all friends, and although some people didn't support the idea of LL at all, everyone was kind enough not to ridicule me. We respectfully disagreed with each other, that's all.

I intend work in the acting/show business industry (along with franchise management) so height is crucial there. Since all my friends already know that I'll be doing this surgery, it is a likely possibility that there will be a leak of information. If I ever become famous (which is not a low probability, given the show biz networking I already have in my country) people might actually learn about this. So I have to accept this possibility and move on. It's really not worse than being ridiculed or rejected for being short.

I also did contact Nat Georgraphic and some documentary directors I know. (I had a temporary offer from the "Taboo" program on Nat. Geo, but they already did their LL episode and I was a student at the time, so had no opportunity for an interview). I definitely wouldn't be ashamed to show my face and reveal my identity in a documentary, because I can defend myself and my point of view of life very well. If we could make an agreement, I'd be willing to "sell" the story of my LL. Nevertheless, that's a far shot. I don't see it happening with current conditions.

LLL

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »

This topic reminds me of a few post-LL insights Balzakin posted on old forum  a while ago:

Edited: Removed Links as we do not wish to endorse that site.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:05:33 AM by Dameon »

TomD

• Private
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »

This topic reminds me of a few post-LL insights Balzakin posted on old forum  a while ago:

I would take the links down.  :)

LLL

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »

I would take the links down.  :)

Okay, why, if I may ask? Anyway, can't edit my post...

Adriano

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 03:06:12 AM »

If I tell people the truth they'll laugh their asses off : "you had to break your legs and pull them apart to stay short ?".

But I don't really care what I'll say or what they'll think. The main problem will be solved. That is more important to me.

I won't tell the truth though...

GetTallOrGoGay

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 10:13:21 AM »

I will move to Seattle in the Northwest USA and start a new life, it's the only way to truly be free from my past and to sheild myself from the interference of others who might inadvertently point out to my new female friends that I used to be short.  As I said in another thread, women see this surgery as illegitimate height and won't want anything to do with you.  Family hasn't seen me in a few years already so I'll continue to make token appearances on facebook and if I ever do visit my parents again..they're so old I'll just tell them they're shrinking lol

TomD

• Private
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »

I will move to Seattle in the Northwest USA and start a new life, it's the only way to truly be free from my past and to sheild myself from the interference of others who might inadvertently point out to my new female friends that I used to be short.  As I said in another thread, women see this surgery as illegitimate height and won't want anything to do with you.  Family hasn't seen me in a few years already so I'll continue to make token appearances on facebook and if I ever do visit my parents again..they're so old I'll just tell them they're shrinking lol

Lol.  ;D Its good to have some levity on here. I like you. You don't take yourself too seriously.  ;D

I know that for me and my friends, we drifted apart and got married so that in basically no time you will be with new people . 5 years after your surgery nobody except your direct family will ever know you were short.

Drybone

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 06:34:31 AM »

I still cant believe you are going to do this at your age.lol

TomD

• Private
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »

Quiet.  ;)

Disobedient

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 08:37:54 PM »

miracle... GOD can do anything
seriously, the ppl in my country believe in miracles a lot'
Also, I may say that I did some special stretching exercises along with HGH

the thing is, I really want to tell at least my family about my LL journey, and sometime when I'm talking to them I feel that I want to tell ..
BUT, I really want to avoid hearing comments like you're crazy, or you have Psychological problem...

Adriano

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 12:52:20 PM »

why don't u try HGH while LLing. it might help stretch the nerves and muscles?

Disobedient

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 04:23:22 PM »

why don't u try HGH while LLing. it might help stretch the nerves and muscles?

Cuz I'm trying to give you the chance to try it before..

Blackhawk

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 08:06:55 PM »

Where are you from Disobedient?

Disobedient

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »

UAE-Dubai

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 06:46:54 AM »

The funny thing is that most people at my office have no idea how old I am, but many think I'm in my late teens or early 20s. I could probably just tell them I must have had a late growth spurt or something and it wouldn't be a stretch to be believable.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Doflamingo

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 10:48:14 PM »

About the scars: I always wear jeans; even when it's hot.
About the height: late puberty always work when you're a student like me.
If I do the surgery; I won't be telling anyone about it.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »

For height: taking HGH + late growth spurt. I'm also going to gradually give people the impression that I'm growing by using lifts, instead of dumping it on them all at once.

For scars: get plastic surgery to heal them if they're that bad or just use makeup when I wear shorts.  Otherwise, continue as normal and tell people I got into a car accident if they ever ask about it.

No one besides my immediate gf will know if I do this surgery.  Not even my family, I cannot trust them to keep their mouths shut about this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up