Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 5.5 Cm Femurs with Dr. Giotikas and G-Nail.  (Read 30960 times)

V21

Re: 5.5 Cm Femurs with Dr. Giotikas and G-Nail.
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2021, 10:52:28 AM »

Guys, I'm crying of happiness. Whether it is for clicking under anesthesia or for Voltaren, clicking the right leg today was quite easy. Pain was 4-5/10 instead of 8-9/10. I think it's the first time since surgery that I feel really positive. For a week I have to do 1.33 mm per day, and I'm feeling a bit tight despite stretching a lot, but nothing major. My sleep is good (slept today 7 hours) and I started working yesterday at a decent rythm.

Right leg: 2.9 cm
Left leg: around 2.8 cm

LongueEpopée

• Visitor
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »

Sounds amazing, stay strong!!
As for me I'm waiting for Precice 2 to be back in Europe... And then hopefuly cry of happiness too !

V21

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2021, 12:32:16 PM »

Sounds amazing, stay strong!!
As for me I'm waiting for Precice 2 to be back in Europe... And then hopefuly cry of happiness too !
Shouldn't it be available this month or Nuvasive delayed again?

FSchez

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2021, 02:10:27 PM »

Guys, I'm crying of happiness. Whether it is for clicking under anesthesia or for Voltaren, clicking the right leg today was quite easy. Pain was 4-5/10 instead of 8-9/10. I think it's the first time since surgery that I feel really positive. For a week I have to do 1.33 mm per day, and I'm feeling a bit tight despite stretching a lot, but nothing major. My sleep is good (slept today 7 hours) and I started working yesterday at a decent rythm.

Hello V21!
I'm glad to see that your luck is better now after a few hard days...
I had 2 difficult weeks due to nerve pain in my knees when I had lengthed 1.5 cms and I had to stop lengthening my legs for 2 days, but after that everything became easier.
I hope that from now on your lengthening and recovery will be much easier.
Keep working as well as you are doing until now and hopefully everything will be fine.
Good luck!!

eric.cartman

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2021, 02:22:22 PM »

Well done, i'm sure it will get easier for you going forward. Just think about it as a small bump on the road.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2021, 10:33:36 PM »

Rapid 3cm and still no wide legs? You're a hero.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

V21

« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2021, 05:12:44 AM »

Rapid 3cm and still no wide legs? You're a hero.
Well, thankfully Giotikas does ITB release since the beginning. After anesthesia, I did notice that my right legs ITB were tight, and I'm stretching them a lot. If I get "comfortable" walking, my legs are a big wide, but I just force them to be closer and that way I also strecth while walking.

V21

« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2021, 05:17:03 AM »

Important thing to say: the other G nail patient never was as bad as me regarding pain, but he also is overcoming the inflammation phase and clicking is getting easier for him too. For now he has choosen to do PT at home instead of going to the center, but he is doing quite well. I think I'm the one training the most, but he's doing better than me. For this reason, don't be afraid because the things that happened to me, as it seems I was just unlucky (vomiting, cathether, dyharrea, crazy clicking pain...). Now there are other two new G nail patients (they had surgery on Tuesday), let's see how they do.

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2021, 07:08:49 AM »

Awesome man, try to keep your head and motivation up.. remember this pain is only temporary but your new height will be permanent :).

overandover

« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2021, 09:30:34 AM »

Important thing to say: the other G nail patient never was as bad as me regarding pain, but he also is overcoming the inflammation phase and clicking is getting easier for him too. For now he has choosen to do PT at home instead of going to the center, but he is doing quite well. I think I'm the one training the most, but he's doing better than me. For this reason, don't be afraid because the things that happened to me, as it seems I was just unlucky (vomiting, cathether, dyharrea, crazy clicking pain...). Now there are other two new G nail patients (they had surgery on Tuesday), let's see how they do.

I hope they write diaries.

MorningStar

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2021, 03:59:57 PM »

I hope they write diaries.
At least one - no. I asked him in personal.
+6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67949.0
2021-08-26: First surgery
2021-11-24: Nailing surgery

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2021, 04:28:48 PM »

Well, thankfully Giotikas does ITB release since the beginning. After anesthesia, I did notice that my right legs ITB were tight, and I'm stretching them a lot. If I get "comfortable" walking, my legs are a big wide, but I just force them to be closer and that way I also strecth while walking.

Damn we are so similar. Most of the stretching super heroes don't get wide legs, but we do. :/

V21

« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »

Well, Giotikas says to keep 1.33 mm for a week. This is going to be tough¡

Thehighest

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2021, 03:41:51 PM »

How do you have such huge amount of mnoey at 24 years for internal femurs?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2021, 05:46:15 PM »

What is the protocol if there is alot of pain and you want to do slower than 1.33 mm per week?

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2021, 07:07:46 PM »

What is the protocol if there is alot of pain and you want to do slower than 1.33 mm per week?

Either slow down or use more painkillers. They'll probably prescribe some nerve pain medication as well.

V21

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2021, 08:23:17 PM »

How do you have such huge amount of mnoey at 24 years for internal femurs?
I created my own business last year just to get money for this surgery, and worked as a slave for it. This has been my mission for a long time. Btw, I'm getting tight as f*ck.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2021, 07:16:56 AM »

Congrats on your hard work!!

For gnail, what are your thoughts on the safe limits for femurs and tibias?

I vaguely remember for stryde he recommended 7cm or less for femur

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2021, 09:08:41 AM »

Your safety limits has little to do with the nail. It is how your soft tissues adapt during lengthening.

I'd say at least go for 7cm, then if you muscles allow you, up to 10cm.

V21

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2021, 05:40:21 PM »

My goal is just to be comfortable over 175, so I will do 6 maximum. I know I could do more, but being 180 doesn't make me more happy than being 178, so I'd rather priotize athletic recovery. Things are getting tough because of the 1.33 mm rythm for so many days. Nerve pain has started on left leg, although it's very mild. The bigger problem is that, in that leg, I feel stabbing like pain in the inner knee everytime I'm 5 min without moving. When walking, it goes away, but it's causing me problems during sleep, and I really need to rest.

Today I met all the new patients in the PT center too, good guys and I think all are users from the forum, but they are not doing diaries at least for now.

DonBones

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2021, 05:45:46 PM »

My goal is just to be comfortable over 175, so I will do 6 maximum. I know I could do more, but being 180 doesn't make me more happy than being 178, so I'd rather priotize athletic recovery. Things are getting tough because of the 1.33 mm rythm for so many days. Nerve pain has started on left leg, although it's very mild. The bigger problem is that, in that leg, I feel stabbing like pain in the inner knee everytime I'm 5 min without moving. When walking, it goes away, but it's causing me problems during sleep, and I really need to rest.

Today I met all the new patients in the PT center too, good guys and I think all are users from the forum, but they are not doing diaries at least for now.

Why are you on 1.33pd for so long?
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Enjoying New Height :)

V21

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2021, 05:49:06 PM »

Why are you on 1.33pd for so long?
I wonder the same, but Giotikas told me to keep it until Sunday. In the left leg I may understand, but I'm a bit worried in the rigth: 6-7 mm under anesthesia + 1.33 mm for long + voltaren for a week. Could not that cause problems of non union? Anyway, I trust the doctor and will follow his advice, although it's getting tough. Tomorrow I hit 3.4 cm, and I just want to slow things down a little for my body to adapt.

jay89

• Visitor
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2021, 06:40:08 PM »

Hey  :) 2 questions V21 if that is ok

1. I heard Giotikas gives you a muscle strengthening/streaching plan prior to surgery if he did give you this could you share it? i am hoping to do operation next year and want to start getting into it now so I am ready.

2. Are you vaccinated for Covid and if so were you asked about this by Giotikas or the staff at the hospital? i guess what I am asking is do you have to be fully vaccinated to get this operation done.

DonBones

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2021, 07:17:09 PM »

I wonder the same, but Giotikas told me to keep it until Sunday. In the left leg I may understand, but I'm a bit worried in the rigth: 6-7 mm under anesthesia + 1.33 mm for long + voltaren for a week. Could not that cause problems of non union? Anyway, I trust the doctor and will follow his advice, although it's getting tough. Tomorrow I hit 3.4 cm, and I just want to slow things down a little for my body to adapt.

Hm, strange. At 3.4cm it should be getting much easier to click by the way. Can you feel it already?
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Enjoying New Height :)

LU213

« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2021, 09:39:04 PM »

Hi I had surgery the 14th and was not going to do a journal because I thought it would not add much to what V21 is already writing.  Everything he contributes is what I am using to survive but I can do one if some think it would be useful.

MorningStar

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2021, 09:42:49 PM »

Hi I had surgery the 14th and was not going to do a journal because I thought it would not add much to what V21 is already writing.  Everything he contributes is what I am using to survive but I can do one if some think it would be useful.
I think even to repeat the same information is useful. :) but without any doubts you will add at least few things from yourself, so it's even more useful!
+6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67949.0
2021-08-26: First surgery
2021-11-24: Nailing surgery

Nyc brother

« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2021, 09:44:34 PM »

Hey V21. I mentioned that I’m doing it on 10/27. My question to you is it’s very important for me to work remotely in order to pay for the surgery. Do you think it is possible a week after surgery?

V21

« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2021, 07:02:24 AM »

Hm, strange. At 3.4cm it should be getting much easier to click by the way. Can you feel it already?
f
It's the same as last Friday, pain 4/10. It's very doable, so I hope it get's even easier. On two days I have to drop Voltaren, let's see how it goes.

V21

« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2021, 07:04:30 AM »

It's possible and I did it... for a while. If you mean like 8 hours, I don't think so. For starters, you lose all morning in PT. Then, you have to walk, strecth, bike... and while working, your legs get tight and random pains start. I'm 4 weeks post op and my "effective" work is like 4 hours per day.

LU213

« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2021, 02:47:20 PM »

You don't have to be vaccinated.  You have to take a COVID PCR test the day before the surgery and it be negative.  If you have a guest, that person must take the test as well. If you do the free 15 minute consult, you can get the plan. It is copyrighted so I am not going to post it here but it is nothing you can't figure out from this forum already or Youtube.

V21

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2021, 03:26:29 PM »

I was vaccinated, but LU123 is right. it changes nothing. Wether you have it or not, they will do PCR test on you. Regarding the program, it's really basic. It's like 8 strecthes or so, the basic ones you can easily find on google for quads, harmstrings, IT band an adductors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up