Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheapest internal device doctors?  (Read 1012 times)

raafat

• Visitor
Cheapest internal device doctors?
« on: September 05, 2021, 09:50:27 PM »

Hello,

I am Raafat, an Engineer from Egypt. I am some where between 164 and 165. My short stature is causing me a great distress and depression. It has caused me so many problems in my life and unfair judgements.

I want to do limb lengthening to reach reasonable heights for Caucasian males, even in 170s will be fine by me. I, however, don't want the external fixator because it scares the   out of me and I want minimal scars. Since I am from Egypt, the cost is a big factor for me. I need to know which doctors and countries are best for cheap internal nail lengthening?

Shatter. Gee. 11

Re: Cheapest internal device doctors?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 03:28:15 AM »

I need to know which doctors and countries are best for cheap internal nail lengthening?

India Dr. parihar. Greece look up the guy's name. I forgot.

Note. Parihar is a great doc but hasn't performed many internals. I have full faith in him because he's well respected in India. I plan on going to him if I get a big enough leave. I might even leave my job for a year lol. Yolo.
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Plan- LON tibia 6 cm, LON femur 5 cm

overandover

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 05:41:19 AM »

raafat

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 05:49:18 AM »

I am not here to argue race. Please leave off-topic comments, especially if they are to be perceived poorly, aside.

raafat

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 05:50:24 AM »

India Dr. parihar. Greece look up the guy's name. I forgot.

Note. Parihar is a great doc but hasn't performed many internals. I have full faith in him because he's well respected in India. I plan on going to him if I get a big enough leave. I might even leave my job for a year lol. Yolo.
All I can find about Dr. Parihar online is about external fixator. But I will dig deeper?

Is the Greek doctor called Dr. Giotikas?

AimHigh

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 05:56:39 AM »

Yeah - race is the tool of division in the west nowadays...I am a "Caucasian" Engineer in a western country with average 179 cm height, I have to say the most successful Guy in our Engineering cohort (and who married the most beautiful 5' 2" Girl in his final year) was a 5 5 pale skinned Christian Egyptian Guy (English was his second language!) , I never heard him complain about height (or his race), he was a relentless go-getter, and he was also a fantastic person as well.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

raafat

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 06:07:10 AM »

Yeah - race is the tool of division in the west nowadays...I am a "Caucasian" Engineer in a western country with average 179 cm height, I have to say the most successful Guy in our Engineering cohort (and who married the most beautiful 5' 2" Girl in his final year) was a 5 5 pale skinned Christian Egyptian Guy (English was his second language!) , I never heard him complain about height (or his race), he was a relentless go-getter, and he was also a fantastic person as well.

I don't care about race my friend. I wanted to give a reference for comparison. I am not purely Egyptian that's all to it. My ancestors are from the Caucus mountains literally.

Do you know a good doctor?

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 06:09:14 AM »

All I can find about Dr. Parihar online is about external fixator. But I will dig deeper?

Is the Greek doctor called Dr. Giotikas?

Yes the Greece guy is giotikas.

Yes parihar mostly performs external and has probably only performed max 7-8 internals AFAIK. But he's good, has decades of experience, isn't after your money ,is ultra cautious, has 0 complication rate(I can vouch for that since I'm an Indian and I have talked to docs to know about different leg deformity surgeons), is trained under Paley.

Externals is not necessarily bad. In tibias you should actually prefer externals over internals. (At least that's what a relative of mine told me. He's a doc although not exactly a field he specializes in).

The only reason why you might want to avoid Parihar is that it is in India. I'm from India and people from the west tend to have problems here. My sister had an Australian friend. The girl apparently had no issues whatsoever here. Idk, some people face a lot of difficulties here and others go Yolo ,eat street food yet face no issues. I really can't comment on that. Idk if there is a way based on which I can predict how much of a difficult time you'll have here but I would say - if you live in a hotel+ don't eat fuchka,paratha,spicy chicken/mutton/curry that you're not accustomed to+know someone here to guide you and help you - I don't see how you can face issues here.

But I'm a moron, talk to people before you go anywhere ,be it Greece or India or Africa or fricking Bermuda triangle. Talk to people.
Also, getting an apartment here in Bombay is a problem. You might only get a hotel. But if you know people here who can arrange a place for you or something. you're looking at spending 70$ a month in a pretty good place (obviously if you share it with 2 dudes). A caretaker would cost less than 50$ a month. I mean plan things well in advance with someone you know who lives in Bombay.

note- I dont live in Bombay. I live in Calcutta. So I'm of no help
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 06:24:11 AM »

Hello,

I am Raafat, an Engineer from Egypt. I am some where between 164 and 165. My short stature is causing me a great distress and depression. It has caused me so many problems in my life and unfair judgements.

I want to do limb lengthening to reach reasonable heights for Caucasian males, even in 170s will be fine by me. I, however, don't want the external fixator because it scares the   out of me and I want minimal scars. Since I am from Egypt, the cost is a big factor for me. I need to know which doctors and countries are best for cheap internal nail lengthening?

I'd tell you something. I know a relative of mine who got her leg length discrepancy fixed from parihar. External. I saw her scars. They weren't that bad. Although she did it on one leg. So body heals better I guess? Idk.

For internals there are the Paleys and rozburgs of the world who would want 100k+

Then second category shahabs of the world want a minimum of 80k.

Then the cheap ones are Buldu, giotikas,Parihar etc. The cheapest one is Parihar because he has his fixed surgeon fees and the cost of equipment is added to that. You have 3-4 options with respect to doctors if you want cheap+internal. If you have the money go to Paley. But if you don't , then you have 3 options I think.

Do your research but I will suggest Parihar (if you can stay in a 3rd world country or go with giotikas if you want better infrastructure). Parihar's hospital looks like an ancient horror story entrance. I guess it's his own hospital so he doesn't care about fancy infrastructure. Other Indian hospitals have fancy infra but I can bet my left nut on the fact that you will be their first internal patient.

Giotikas has a lot of experience it seems. I'd suggest him over Parihar. Especially since Greece is a first world country.
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 08:47:52 AM »

Greece isn't exactly a first world country, but it is part of the EU, and Giotikas is an exellent surgeon.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

Raden

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 05:13:13 AM »

Greece isn't exactly a first world country, but it is part of the EU, and Giotikas is an exellent surgeon.

You’re right Giotikas is a good surgeon but Mediterrano Hospital is outdated compare to Buldu’s Medicana. Also Athens is frustating for LLers because everyday we have to navigate ourself moving from home to PT center. While in Turkey, the PT center is in the same hotel. I am having hard times deciding a good doctor in Athens vs good infrastracture in Istanbul.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 05:30:57 AM »

Parihar in India, Giotikas in Greece, and Buldu in Turkey have good reputations on this forum.  You can find out more about them in the Doctor Directory on this site.

canterk

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 04:25:50 PM »

You’re right Giotikas is a good surgeon but Mediterrano Hospital is outdated compare to Buldu’s Medicana.

how huge is this issue exactly? do they lack critical facilities? or maybe bad post-op stay/experience in the hospital? how long do their patients stay in this outdated hospital post-op?

Raden

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 04:56:57 PM »

Not a huge problem for some people actually. It’s just with newer hospital, we’ld feel more comfortable and confident.

Waiting4stryde2.0

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2021, 06:33:23 PM »

This article https://leglengtheningsurgery.com/costs-limb-lengthening/ shows Parihar is one of the cheapest internal options but I do agree that Giotikas has more experience and better facilities. Seriously, look at the facility pictures from dr parihar http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=8923.0 vs giotikas here

That alone makes me favor Giotikas and imo, + greece has better infrastructure if anything were to go wrong

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 07:24:57 PM »

This article https://leglengtheningsurgery.com/costs-limb-lengthening/ shows Parihar is one of the cheapest internal options but I do agree that Giotikas has more experience and better facilities. Seriously, look at the facility pictures from dr parihar http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=8923.0 vs giotikas here

That alone makes me favor Giotikas and imo, + greece has better infrastructure if anything were to go wrong

No disagreement on the facility, but Parihar has a decade more leg lengthening experience than Giotikas.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Waiting4stryde2.0

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 10:12:18 PM »

No disagreement on the facility, but Parihar has a decade more leg lengthening experience than Giotikas.

Ooops, I suppose I bandwagon'd on who has more experience...I'm a bit sleep deprived. I suppose I'd just be paranoid having it done in such a facility or in a less developed country. I really hope modern innovations allow the surgery to get cheaper, but I speculate it'll only get more expensive with each iteration and as various surgeons retire.

ask.me

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2021, 12:02:36 AM »

I'm with other people here... Have you considered alternatives like therapy? Do you want to trade your emotional pain for a high chance of persistent physical pain? Maybe try to save for a better surgeon?

I started this thread to explore the complications that could arise with an experienced surgeon:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68402.0
Even more can go wrong with an inexperienced surgeon.

If so, what do you consider cheap? There's a surgeon in Turkey that does everything for something like 20-30k USD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up