Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: My Nails removal complication in USA  (Read 9309 times)

DreamerLL

Re: My Nails removal complication in USA
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2021, 01:27:18 PM »

ProgramDude had this same thing happen to him after nail removal with Rozbruch. But it could be anyone.

But let's not speculate any further to respect his privacy. If he chooses to, he would reveal it :)

Not Rozbruch.

DonBones

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2021, 01:40:40 PM »

Man just when you thought it's all over.. something as gut wrenching as this happens. I am so, so sorry man. I wish you from the bottom of my soul that they will fix you up and there will be no lasting damage. Stay strong!!!

Did Dr Assayag offer his insight yet?
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

DreamerLL

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2021, 01:56:14 PM »

Man just when you thought it's all over.. something as gut wrenching as this happens. I am so, so sorry man. I wish you from the bottom of my soul that they will fix you up and there will be no lasting damage. Stay strong!!!
Thanks for your kind words, No my Dr is not Assayag or Rozbruch , I would like to share to future LLers: very very very careful when do this surgery,and it always better with your original bone always, but if you really want to do this surgery please extremely extra careful,I am kind of confident about me because when Dr allowed me to run I didn’t run, Dr said I can remove the nails ( allow me to remove) I didn’t remove , I wait for 2 more months to remove but this bad thing still happen SO PLEASE EXTRA EXTRA CAREFUL, I am extremely disappointed that Dr can wait more few months to allow me to remove the nails but they didn’t.

Thehighest

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2021, 03:07:15 PM »

Who is your doc? My bad you paid so much money for stryde and had that complication, pure external Ilizarov may be the oldest method but the safest after all.

DreamerLL

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2021, 03:12:07 PM »

Who is your doc? My bad you paid so much money for stryde and had that complication, pure external Ilizarov may be the oldest method but the safest after all.
Yes I think so too. It’s the safest

Want-3-inches

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 03:16:02 PM »

How is pure externals any safer speaking of the complication DreamerLL had?

DreamerLL

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2021, 03:18:04 PM »

After exactly one year. I check his diary just now.
I tried to read his diary , couldn’t find when did he remove the nail after he got complication.

DreamerLL

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2021, 03:24:13 PM »

That thing more gentle to your bone than nails although it look awful

DreamerLL

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2021, 03:28:14 PM »

LOOK LIKE MY DR LEFT ME ALONE…. Omg

Thehighest

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 03:34:41 PM »

Becuase there is no nail inside so you only need one Major surgery to put the Ilizarov and the removal of the fixator is done even with local anesthesia

Want-3-inches

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2021, 05:05:04 PM »

Becuase there is no nail inside so you only need one Major surgery to put the Ilizarov and the removal of the fixator is done even with local anesthesia

He had a post nail removal fracture. The same can very well happen with ex-fix. Imagine wearing ex-fix for a year and you are still not comfortable removing it because of risk of a fracture. At the same time you are tired of the ex-fix.

DreamerLL

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2021, 05:37:51 PM »

He had a post nail removal fracture. The same can very well happen with ex-fix. Imagine wearing ex-fix for a year and you are still not comfortable removing it because of risk of a fracture. At the same time you are tired of the ex-fix.

Was this the same thing happened with ProgramDude ?

DonBones

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2021, 05:44:27 PM »

You should finally tell us who it is then. Maybe someone saw him ;)

Want-3-inches

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2021, 05:57:14 PM »

Siegfried

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2021, 06:42:35 PM »

Dreamer did the surgery in la. I think we know who this leaves.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Thehighest

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2021, 07:36:58 PM »

Yes that can happen, but  I think is very rare  and that happens when the regenerate is soft. In any case internal fixation is more dangerous than external because in many ways such as infections. If the doctors put another nail in him he has chances again of a deep bone infection also fat emb.

DreamerLL

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2021, 02:57:15 AM »

Dreamer did the surgery in la. I think we know who this leaves.

Please don’t do anything u r not sure, I will share when I think it has to.please understand for me. I am in a very terrible situation.

Limblengtheningwarrior

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2021, 03:16:57 AM »

You did the nail removal too early. As far as I know, for each centimerter gained, it generally takes 1 and a half month to fully recover, so with 8cm it is supposed to take 12 months plus three months of lengthening, in total as least 15 months to get the nail out.

Activatedxx

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2021, 04:09:44 AM »

Omg …. The things I am so disappointed that was they can take less risk for their patients with cost them nothings even a penny but they didn’t. They was extremely careless. They almost to forgot to take Xrays and prescripted medicine to me. Luckily I read in this forum( from TheAL….) and ask them for medicine .

12months Until now no running , no jump , no stretching after removal the nails… More clear I never run or jump since do this LL even Dr allow me to run after the consolidation completed.
My Xray:
https://imgur.com/a/lGNL7mf

I am so sorry this happened to you. I pray for your relief and recovery, that looks beyond brutal. I am so sorry beyond words
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Arcon

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2021, 08:42:09 AM »

Hi , I do hope you feel better today and started coming into terms with what has happened. Did  you get a response from Assayag? How is this going to be treated now? Hang in there.

eric.cartman

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2021, 09:52:50 AM »

Depending on where you live, you need to find a trauma/reconstructive surgeon in the area. People get IM nails in their legs all the time when they have car/motorcycle accidents. Unlike Stryde, G-nail or betzbone, regular IM nails are not suitable for lengthening. But they will support your weight and help you get back to normal life while your bone continues to consolidate.

I don't know about femurs, but with Tibias, depending on how much you lengthen, it's ~2 years before the bone is fully consolidated and it's safe to remove the nails.

DreamerLL

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2021, 04:49:13 PM »

I am so sorry this happened to you. I pray for your relief and recovery, that looks beyond brutal. I am so sorry beyond words
Thank you 🙏

dreamingtall

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2021, 04:23:51 AM »

Praying for you <3

I am so sorry that this happened to you. You can only go up from here

What is the outlook going forward? Will you need to be operated on again and wear a cast?
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

Movie

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2021, 05:25:16 AM »

HOLY   MAN! I just saw the Pic of your femur and X ray that sucks! who was your doctor that allow you to remove nails? you mean to say you never once ran in a year post- op? or did any strenuous activity?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

c

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2021, 01:23:45 PM »

早日康复

DreamerLL

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2021, 06:09:01 PM »

HOLY   MAN! I just saw the Pic of your femur and X ray that sucks! who was your doctor that allow you to remove nails? you mean to say you never once ran in a year post- op? or did any strenuous activity?

Hello alls and Hello Movie, I will update more when I feel better, right now I still don’t think this is real for me, A nightmare in a nightmare.I never thought that I would have a complication like this , really. I will share more info about Dr when I think I have to, please understand for my situation, about running  , I never ran since LL surgery until now, Never ran even I have the stryde nail full weight bearing inside. Never jump. I didn’t know about the stryde nail recall until I read topic of Alchemist.
https://imgur.com/a/8jUEBbi

Dr never give me a call even A simple one like ask me how am I doing?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 06:56:20 PM by DreamerLL »

Petite888

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2021, 09:02:00 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about your situation Dreamer.  I had STRYDE in May 2019 and had it removed 6 days ago.  It must be so awful for you.  We feel like we are pretty much through it, and this is our final stretch, but just goes to show that you can have problems, even when you think you have got over the worst of it.  I will pray for you recover well.

init1alove

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2021, 04:34:27 AM »

I was totally shocked after seeing your xray. So sorry about what happens to you. We all pray for you!

DreamerLL

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2021, 04:52:00 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about your situation Dreamer.  I had STRYDE in May 2019 and had it removed 6 days ago.  It must be so awful for you.  We feel like we are pretty much through it, and this is our final stretch, but just goes to show that you can have problems, even when you think you have got over the worst of it.  I will pray for you recover well.
I feel very terrible that like I am living in hell, extremely shocking and in deepest of depression that I almost I think I am going to die,like better to inject something and die in peace than suffering this terrible experience ,was waited more than 24 hours with a fractured leg  for a surgery room to fix my leg, got constipation and blood in poop, painful and painful and painful.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2021, 04:56:34 AM »

@Dreamer: I PM’d you

DonBones

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2021, 05:57:42 AM »

I feel very terrible that like I am living in hell, extremely shocking and in deepest of depression that I almost I think I am going to die,like better to inject something and die in peace than suffering this terrible experience ,was waited more than 24 hours with a fractured leg  for a surgery room to fix my leg, got constipation and blood in poop, painful and painful and painful.

How the fk did they make you wait 24 hours? If that's not an emergency then what is?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up