Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Nails removal complication in USA  (Read 9312 times)

Want-3-inches

Re: My Nails removal complication in USA
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2021, 01:29:11 PM »

Reminder, when something goes not as planned it doesn't have to be the dr's or the patients fault.

Not sure if you directed that to me. If so, yes I agree and that is what I wrote too.

If not, please ignore this reply :)

Bob

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2021, 02:09:58 PM »

Not sure if you directed that to me. If so, yes I agree and that is what I wrote too.

If not, please ignore this reply :)

It was just a general comment, and yes I can see now that is what you wrote too  :)
I agree with your comment  :)

letsgettaller

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2021, 10:04:10 PM »

Deep apologies, I really hope things get better. This is an important lesson to the rest of us to be careful.
Precice 2.2 Diary here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68189.0

Starting Height: 169 cm
Current Height: 177 cm

TheDream

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2021, 11:09:22 PM »

For those interested I believe Dr Assayag addressed this matter on his recent appearance with the cyborg fella.

Best.

Yep. Since Dr A got to see the x-rays he said even he would've gone ahead and removed the nails. So Dr D wasn't negligent at nail removal I guess. Props to Dr A for his honesty here.

It's just DreamerLL's bad luck or this procedure is just not safe as we might think.

Dr A said a bunch of negative things about the Stryde nail. But it's surprising when Nuvasive initially did the recall, all surgeons were supportive of the nail and were thinking it should come back right away. Anyway, hopefully this is not a problem even with the Precice nail.

Any chance of a link? Is the cyborg fella a youtube channel?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2021, 04:41:29 AM »

For people considering doing LL, what are some things I can do to decrease the risk of this complication happening to me? I will probably get gnail with Dr. Giotikas

SpeedDialer

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2021, 04:50:34 AM »

"You took the nails out too early"

How many months should one wait before taking out the internal nails? Such as for gnail

Super-JR

« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2021, 07:20:23 AM »

Reminder, when something goes not as planned it doesn't have to be the dr's or the patients fault.

I totally agree with you.

Super-JR

« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2021, 07:22:08 AM »

Is it for this kind of complication the Stryde nail was put out of the market?

DreamerLL wishing for your fast recovery.

Super-JR

« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2021, 07:32:59 AM »

How many months should one wait before taking out the internal nails? Such as for gnail

The recommendation of Dr Guichet to his patients is 18 months.

Super-JR

« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2021, 07:35:09 AM »

For people considering doing LL, what are some things I can do to decrease the risk of this complication happening to me? I will probably get gnail with Dr. Giotikas

I heard many good comments about him in this forum.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2021, 10:26:01 AM »

I only personally know Betz patients. The ones I know usually took the nail out around 2 years after surgery and everyone is fine, me included. I'd wait around that. Just 1 year is too soon.

In my case, I had the surgery in January 2012 and I took the nails out in the end of December (close to Christmas) 2013. So, almost 2 years from surgery, 1,5 year from completed lengthening.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »

It depends on consolidation rate, not just time.  I got my internal nails removed 13 months after I finished lengthening and could've done it 2-3 months sooner but wasn't able to fly back to China right then.

Ozzi6557

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2022, 09:43:23 AM »

How do you feel?  How did you handle that?

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2022, 07:19:50 PM »

It seems to me having a boom sound in the bones and the circumstance is just bone bulging and they are both way better than being short but still I am hoping for your swift recovery.
If I were you I would've never said I wished I never had done LL instead I would've rejoiced over being taller than previous although with some physical issues.

zaozari

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2022, 05:31:04 PM »

Does anybody has an opinion if this so scaring event could happen because the diameter of the nail chosen was a bit larger than it should and the bone was under tension a lot of time and broke where it was still not hard as the rest.

I don't know where was the fracture but maybe even normal bone could broken, intuitively, if its medullary cavity was penetrated with some ''violence'', maybe wishing it was the higher diameter, needed for the weight of the person and if the values in consideration to choose the nail diameter were in the margin between two diferent diameter nails.
I know that definitive callus bone is apparently as hard as normal bone but there are different theories and opinions in articles and one can again intuitively imagine, speculate just for example that the patient had a poor diet in calcium and the new bone wasn't yet as hard and the same as the other.

ballsackoffury123

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2023, 10:29:51 PM »

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:51:02 PM by ballsackoffury123 »

darthmaul

• Visitor
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2023, 12:38:13 PM »

The x-rays... I'm so sorry what happened to you. How is your condition right now? Is everything okay?

I mean if one of them can break suddenly, the other one also very risky of you to press on it. I'm very worried about you right now

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up