Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Neko Female lengthened 11.5cm (quadrilateral) at age 52 as seen on Cyborg4Life  (Read 4004 times)

52.Female.lengthened.11.5

• I hope hearing myjourney helps you embark on yours

Hey everyone, you all may know me from @cyborg4life youtube channel. I am a japanese female patient Neko, I did quadrilateral lengthening at the Limb Lengthening Center in Istanbul with Dr Serkan Gurcan and Mr Liam (also was on cyborgs channel). I am currently in my consolidation phase and finally walking on crutches yayyy

The reason I have chosen to write my atory is to support others wanting to have this surgery, especially females and elder patients. I feel there are not many and most patients are males but, females too have this surgery!

I also would like to share my experience at the limb lengthening center because the the care provided to me was second to none! I feel it’s important to share everything, the good the bad in order for prospective patients to make the right decision.

Please let me know what you would like me to cover and also what I cant discuss as I don’t want to go against the rules, I am new here.

Many thanks
Neko :)
Neko San :)

ilovescience

Hey everyone, you all may know me from @cyborg4life youtube channel. I am a japanese female patient Neko, I did quadrilateral lengthening at the Limb Lengthening Center in Istanbul with Dr Serkan Gurcan and Mr Liam (also was on cyborgs channel). I am currently in my consolidation phase and finally walking on crutches yayyy

The reason I have chosen to write my atory is to support others wanting to have this surgery, especially females and elder patients. I feel there are not many and most patients are males but, females too have this surgery!

I also would like to share my experience at the limb lengthening center because the the care provided to me was second to none! I feel it’s important to share everything, the good the bad in order for prospective patients to make the right decision.

Please let me know what you would like me to cover and also what I cant discuss as I don’t want to go against the rules, I am new here.

Many thanks

Neko San

Welcome to the forum. I read some news saying that there were some Japanese men who also did LL in other countries to get taller. One person that I have impression is a man who works as a doctor was 167, he did LL and now he is 178. Do you know that news?

It would be interesting if you could share your limb lengthening story in words and video format so better to understand how it did.

Out of curiosity, Japan is a country well known in medicine. Why there has not been any hospital in Japan that offers LL? I believe this LL surgery could become very popular in Japan if it is safe and painless.

It is not common to hear people at age od 52 did LL. I am very interested in your story as well as others, I believe.

Congratulations to you, getting taller is a new world experience.

a ri ga tou.

thankscience

Hi Neko,

Thank you for being willing to discuss your experience!

How has your flexibility been since the surgery?

Hello, yes we did, I was actually lengthening at the same time as he was. The Dr did absolutely amazing he lengthened 9.2cm I think and now he is walking without crutches and just shared a video of his excellent range of movement. He was young and took his physiotherapy and rehabilitation as well as diet very seriously and thanks to the Limb Lengthening center in Istanbuk for always pushing us and supporting us to achieve the best possible outcome.

Being short affected my life for so long, What made me feel most safe was the services and expertise provided by Dr Serkan and the limb lengthening Center. They had a nutritionist make all the diets for all meals; including bone broth and foods to promote repair and healing , which is extremely important for rehabilitation after surgery. They also provided many supplements including magnesium, vitamin d3, vitamin K2, calcium etc.

What Appealed to me the most was having a 24hr care service throughout the lengthening and consolidation. The expert physiotherapists also deserve a mention, we had 2 hours sometimes more each day but, they split this so sometimes 45-1hour in the morning and then another session in the evening, what I found helpful was the acupuncture, cupping and electric therapy, I found all these very beneficial for my flexibility and range of motion.

In addition to this, a couple times a week, I would have hydrotherapy and omg a session at the sauna which felt amazing on my muscles, it made me feel relaxed and more flexible.

Honestly, I had researched so many LL centre's world wide but, for the reasons mentioned abovve and what I will post in future posts, is the reason I chose Dr Serkan Gurcan and Mr Liam at the Limb Lengthening Center in Istanbul. I am Japanese and I was extremely impressed by the professionalism and expertise at the center.

Please if anyone has any questions about my lengthening and my time at the limb lengthening center, don’t hesitate to ask me some questions and what more would you like to know about my journey.

May I just add, I am now walking on crutches and have ditched the walker, I feel so happy and tall, there is still some time until I am fully healed but, reaching these milestones makes me so happy.

Best Wishes
Neko San

With my age and doing a quadrilateral lengthening my flexibility did decrease a bit, but with the help of the rehabilitation center and of course doing my own exercises I found with time to do get your flexibility back, especially after the lengthening period. I mean I couldn’t walk much during the lengthening period but I had maintained my range of motion, Izel the lead physiotherapist made sure of that, physio and rehab is important but it is vital for a successful lengthening and all prospective patients must know yhis.

Thats why I chose the Center because of their expertise and how much rehabilitation they offer but as I said you also have to stay on too of your exercises etc. if you choose to have this surgery you have to go all in, if you want to come out with the best possible outcome and do jot become lazy.

If anyone reading this is currently lengthening or about to have surgery then may I just say that it may be painful but you must push through the pain and carry on with your physiotherapy and rehabilitation. Hydrotherapy and the sauna are a game changer and made me feel so good after each session

I am thinking of writing my limb lengthening journal in stages so before surgery planning etc, when l arrived in Istanbul, my surgery days and the care provided to me by the LLC center, my experience ms of pain and range of movement etc, the good and the bad of limb lengthening etc, the whole point of writing this is to help prospective patients understand what having the surgery is really like and what to realistically expect and to share information about the centers we go to.. i feel us who have been through this surgery can help others by sharing our experiences

So if there is anything that anyone would like me to write, if it should be in a specific way then please do let me know because I want this to benefit prospective patients, I didn’t have much information when I went for my surgery and I wish I had read and been intouch with prospective patients

And any other quadrilateral patients in their consolidation phase, I have just started walking on crutches, I still feel morning stiffness and i get exhausted easily when walking did anyone else experience this and if so, after how long did this ease and at what stage where you able to come of the crutches and independently walk?

I will begin by telling you about how I felt booking my surgery in the next post
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 09:16:10 AM by 52.Female.lengthened.11.5 »

So going back to when I booked my surgery, I was nervous, I mean going to a new  country I had not been before in order to have such a huge operation. There were moments I had doubts and feelings of being scared but, I told myself this is all normal, my emotions were all over the place but, I kept telling myself, this is something I have dreamt of for years, I am 52 years old, its either now or never!

Finally I booked my surgery, I chose to have quadrilateral surgery. My starting height was 152cm and I wanted to lengthen as much as I safely could 12cm would be nice but, I would be happy with 10cm also.

Honestly when I booked my surgery, I had mixed emotions, am I crazy? To wow I am finally going to make my dream come true, I was excited yet nervous at the same time and of course this is totally normal. Anyone who is planning this surgery, just know that you will have moments where you feel up and down, sometimes have doubts etc but this is totally normal and to be expected.

The date was booked, SEPTEMBER 3rd 2021 I was going to have the LoN surgery on my tibias… it was all becoming so real and the days crept sooner and sooner.

My next post will be about me arriving in Istanbul and my surgery date: to be continued

ilovescience

Neko San

I have watched the video of you being interviewed by Cyborg 4 Life, I enjoyed it.

In the video, you mentioned that you were 150 cm before the LL, and now you are 163! Also from the video I learned that the average height of Japanese women nowadays are 158.8, correct?

Well, I think your starting height wasn't short. Maybe a little bit below the average but it's not short at all. A lot of Japanese women I met when I was a student were around that height, 150cm.

I also read that the average height of Japanese men are 175cm? Some said 168 and some said 173, some also said 183?

Based on your observation, what is the average height of Japanese men nowadays?

Your English is very good. The video you were being interviewed, your English was very fluent.

Medical LL is indeed available in Japan, but when it comes cosmetic LL, there is none.

I even had a hard time getting X-ray as a prerequisite before going to Turkey. I had to call 17 different clinics/hospitals to get my X-Ray. As soon as I answered their question by saying for cosmetic LL, they said they couldn’t provide their services including the X-Ray.

The doctor who finally accepted my X-Ray request didn't know anything about LL and my assumption is Japanese doctors or orthopedic surgeons are very conservative and they don't want to have anything to do with LL even as trivial as taking a X-Ray...

I guess they are not comfortable performing CLL Surgeries

Thank you for watching the video.

Yes, that's correct. The average height of Japanese women are 158cm.
The average height of Japanese men are 171cm for last 30 years. They haven't grown taller.. It was on the news.

Thank you for the compliment on my English. I'm flattered(^^♪ I still take online English lessons everyday and online pronunciation lessons 2~3 times a week. I'll get better. Hopefully

Are you also having CLL?

thaw1010

The average height of Japanese men are 171cm for last 30 years. They haven't grown taller.. It was on the news.

Thank you for the compliment on my English. I'm flattered(^^♪ I still take online English lessons everyday and online pronunciation lessons 2~3 times a week. I'll get better. Hopefully

Are you also having CLL?

Japanese men aren't getting taller? Did they mention a reason?

Height Journey

Japanese men aren't getting taller? Did they mention a reason?

Average heights of every race and nationality has not gone up since about the year 2000.
3.7cm tibias with Precice 2.2 nails in 2022
7.0cm femurs with Precice 2.2 nails in 2021

YouTube: YouTube.com/HeightJourney

ilovescience

Are you also having CLL?

You welcome.

I am not planning to do CLL. I just hope scientists one day find a solution to reopen sealed growth plate so there would be another pain free way to grow taller. It might sound science fiction but it is possible to become a reality.

I think to improve English faster, one of the best ways is to have a conversation with a native speaker from America. Your accent in English is very fluent, I would have thought that was spoken by a native speaker from America if the video doesn't say a Japanese was interviewed by the host.

Haha wouldn’t we all wish that! All in all I actually found the experience of limb lengthening quite humbling, it taught me as well to be grateful for our health, being able to walk is such a blessing!

And thank you very much for your lovely comments!

motoboarder

Falling for your voice Neko (and look at my age kkk).. Joke aside, I respect your LL journey. Lengthening 10+cm is tough but you made it. What exercises do you continue during consolidation, like stretching/walking/etc and how often a day?
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

Hello and thank you for your reply, so I am following a strict rehabilitation programme, most of which I learnt during my time at the LLC and I now continue this by myself at home as well as having support with my physiotherapist at home.

I stretch every day, whenever I have time-actually I set time every day to do this. for femurs the primary focus is on doing various hamstring stretches and on the Tibia the primary focus is on stretching the gastrocnemius muscles. The Exercises consist also vary but these include light squats, hip lifts, bridges, pulses and crunches.

an update on my walking:
I am now walking comfortably without crutches, I guess doing my daily house chores and walking around my house adds up to my daily walking amount. I am still having morning stiffness but, this is to be expected as the muscles are in one position for a prolonged period of time.

also an update from my physiotherapist is that I do not have any issues with my knees it is actually right heel is more inwards, the physio believes I had this issue before limb lengthening and we are now working together to correct this.

I will try upload a video if I can and you can let me know how it is

Fixator1

• Visitor

Hi

What did you pay for it?

Im not sure if its against the Forum rules to upload the prices, if you send me a direct message I will get back to you!

The day of Surgery & hospital stay

The day had arrived, and I was about to have Limb Lengthening Surgery! On this day, my emotions and hormones were all over the place; it was like a mix of butterflies, anxiety and a feeling of excitement!

The LLC team did everything to make me feel comfortable and asked me one last time if this was something I was ready to do; of course, I said yes!

I was so hungry, haha, but before surgery, you can't eat or drink for at least 12 or so hours beforehand; when the anaesthetic is used, your body's reflexes are temporarily stopped. If your stomach has food and drink in it, there's a risk of vomiting.

Murat, the lead physiotherapist at the time (now Izel), bought me to the hospital, which was not far, in a car. It was all becoming so natural, no longer a dream, finally!

One thing to mention is that at the hospital, not everyone speaks English. It is not their native language, so the majority talk in Turkish, but Murat acted as my translator.  I was shown my hospital room; it looked spacious and very modern!

I was given my hospital gown, and then it's a waiting game until I have your surgery- this wait is annoying because you have so many thoughts racing through your mind! You must keep strong and tell yourself this is what you came to do!

Soon after, after many moments of waiting at the hospital, I was wheeled on my bed into the hospital room by the nurses and medical staff. It's nice that the physiotherapist stays in the surgery room with you; they say it helps them understand the surgery better and know exactly what to focus on in physiotherapy.

When I woke up after surgery, I felt my entire body was heavy, but I was so calm and reassured since Murat was there.

I wasn't in much pain since they already had painkillers through IV.

My eyelids were heavy, and I couldn't open my eyes for 2 hours even though I was conscious.m, I guess I was still drowsy from the anaesthesia.

Fortunately, I didn't feel nauseous or wasn't shivering from being cold like I have heard some other patients have experienced these symptoms 

post-surgery-
I didn't have an appetite, but I had some sweet and salty soup that night.

The meal at the hospital was good, comparatively speaking, even though I wasn’t hungry-I still had to eat, so keep in mind it's common to lose your appetite, but you must fight to eat. Your body needs energy.

Melisa (a nurse LLC hired) took a night shift for five straight nights for me, and she was so sweet that I appreciated her mental and physical presence. She helped me to change my clothes and go to the toilet etc.

I received PT on the very next day and started walking with a walker, I was able to take only three steps only due to dizziness and pain in my right knee, but the next day I was able to walk 60 steps. The first few days are the toughest, but it’s key to keep moving and staying determined!

ilovescience

The day of Surgery & hospital stay

The day had arrived, and I was about to have Limb Lengthening Surgery! On this day, my emotions and hormones were all over the place; it was like a mix of butterflies, anxiety and a feeling of excitement!

The LLC team did everything to make me feel comfortable and asked me one last time if this was something I was ready to do; of course, I said yes!

I was so hungry, haha, but before surgery, you can't eat or drink for at least 12 or so hours beforehand; when the anaesthetic is used, your body's reflexes are temporarily stopped. If your stomach has food and drink in it, there's a risk of vomiting.

Murat, the lead physiotherapist at the time (now Izel), bought me to the hospital, which was not far, in a car. It was all becoming so natural, no longer a dream, finally!

One thing to mention is that at the hospital, not everyone speaks English. It is not their native language, so the majority talk in Turkish, but Murat acted as my translator.  I was shown my hospital room; it looked spacious and very modern!

I was given my hospital gown, and then it's a waiting game until I have your surgery- this wait is annoying because you have so many thoughts racing through your mind! You must keep strong and tell yourself this is what you came to do!

Soon after, after many moments of waiting at the hospital, I was wheeled on my bed into the hospital room by the nurses and medical staff. It's nice that the physiotherapist stays in the surgery room with you; they say it helps them understand the surgery better and know exactly what to focus on in physiotherapy.

When I woke up after surgery, I felt my entire body was heavy, but I was so calm and reassured since Murat was there.

I wasn't in much pain since they already had painkillers through IV.

My eyelids were heavy, and I couldn't open my eyes for 2 hours even though I was conscious.m, I guess I was still drowsy from the anaesthesia.

Fortunately, I didn't feel nauseous or wasn't shivering from being cold like I have heard some other patients have experienced these symptoms 

post-surgery-
I didn't have an appetite, but I had some sweet and salty soup that night.

The meal at the hospital was good, comparatively speaking, even though I wasn’t hungry-I still had to eat, so keep in mind it's common to lose your appetite, but you must fight to eat. Your body needs energy.

Melisa (a nurse LLC hired) took a night shift for five straight nights for me, and she was so sweet that I appreciated her mental and physical presence. She helped me to change my clothes and go to the toilet etc.

I received PT on the very next day and started walking with a walker, I was able to take only three steps only due to dizziness and pain in my right knee, but the next day I was able to walk 60 steps. The first few days are the toughest, but it’s key to keep moving and staying determined!

No eat and drink has become a requirement for diagnosis too. Speaking of eat and drink, did you find the taste ok? I mean some foreigners have difficulty eating different countries food.

Its a standard procedure before any surgery not to eat or drink at least 12hrs before the surgery. About the food, of course it’s different, you are coming into a new country with different tastes and smells. It took some getting used to but, the chefs at the LLC were understanding and I really missed my Japanese food soo much so, I gave them a couple of Japanese recipes like smoked salmon on rice and Japanese Chicken & rice which they implemented in the weekly menu.

I also bought with me some of my own Japanese snacks and foods which have long expiry dates and gave this to them to make for me such as noodles. If you are coming from a different country/ culture this is something I recommend-bring some of your favourite foods and snacks as they may not have them. Also, write some recipes down and if they have a catering service you can provide them with your favourite recipes to make for you. 

ilovescience

Its a standard procedure before any surgery not to eat or drink at least 12hrs before the surgery. About the food, of course it’s different, you are coming into a new country with different tastes and smells. It took some getting used to but, the chefs at the LLC were understanding and I really missed my Japanese food soo much so, I gave them a couple of Japanese recipes like smoked salmon on rice and Japanese Chicken & rice which they implemented in the weekly menu.

I also bought with me some of my own Japanese snacks and foods which have long expiry dates and gave this to them to make for me such as noodles. If you are coming from a different country/ culture this is something I recommend-bring some of your favourite foods and snacks as they may not have them. Also, write some recipes down and if they have a catering service you can provide them with your favourite recipes to make for you.

In Turkey, I think they should have Japanese restaurants, correct ?

Can patients of LL ask the hospitals to buy them meals from the restaurants they wanted?

Asi219

The young lady had a free surgery with Dr. Serkan Gürcan  and mediates Japanese (international ) patients and receives 15% commission per patient.

The patient herself has deformities after the surgery and cannot walk independently. Unfortunately, the patient's health is the last priority for this doctor.

Check out my last post and you'll understand what I mean.

don't let your dreams get shattered and look for a doctor who puts the health of his patients first.

I will post some LLS fails here on this forum

ilovescience

The young lady had a free surgery with Dr. Serkan Gürcan  and mediates Japanese (international ) patients and receives 15% commission per patient.

The patient herself has deformities after the surgery and cannot walk independently. Unfortunately, the patient's health is the last priority for this doctor.

Check out my last post and you'll understand what I mean.

don't let your dreams get shattered and look for a doctor who puts the health of his patients first.

I will post some LLS fails here on this forum

Do you mean there was a Japanese patient who did LL but wasn't successful?

Thankfully they have all been a success. If you want to know more about my lengthening journey you can watch my story on Cyborg4Life channel you can also follow my Japanese twitter @neko_precice and my English Instagram: @Neko_precice

Thank you

@ilovescience That's correct.
The average height for Japanese men is 171cm.
Yes, 163cm for Japanese woman is probably equal to 175cm or more for Japanese man.

In response about the Japanese Dr-  He knows the existence of this forum, but I believe his English isn't good enough to join here..
He should be in his early 30's.
No. I've never met him in person even though I chat with him on twitter with him every now and then.

ilovescience

@ilovescience That's correct.
The average height for Japanese men is 171cm.
Yes, 163cm for Japanese woman is probably equal to 175cm or more for Japanese man.

In response about the Japanese Dr-  He knows the existence of this forum, but I believe his English isn't good enough to join here..
He should be in his early 30's.
No. I've never met him in person even though I chat with him on twitter with him every now and then.

Your starting height wasn't short either. I met some Japanese girls whose heights are between 145 to 150 cm when I stayed in the US, they never considered themselves short, they considered themselves within the average.

If I were you I would try to visit the country where I underwent the LL and meet the doctor who did it for me, because it could be a turning point in my life regardless of the good or bad.

Your current height is definitely tall not only in Japan, but also in Asia and in America/Europe. I hope you enjoy your new life at 163!

I was always the shortest in the crowd, Even a 180cm-tall guy wants to have LL (He was interviewed by Victor), so your original height doesn't matter If you consider yourself short or dissatisfied with your current height.

hmm.. not sure I agree about 163cm is regarded as tall at least in US where I used to live; 165cm woman called herself short and my 164cm friend wasn't considered tall by my American friends.

In my opinion, height is subjective individually.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:45:31 PM by 52.Female.lengthened.11.5 »

scandinavian15

• Visitor

Hi Neko!

I am also a female with the height of 164cm. However I am kind of afraid of undergoing the surgery with the risks of PE. How did you overcome it, or did you not think about it that much?

PE was definitely one of my concerns, so I asked Dr Serkan about it and he told me that he prescribes all patients with oral blood thinners; which I took over for at least one month after the surgery.

During hospital stay, they took blood tests daily before and after surgery. Additionally the risks of suffering a PE when all protocols have been taken is less than 1%.

Due to the extensive monitoring here, it reassured I was in safe hands.

I hope I have your question correctly

Feel free to DM me- I understand your concerns I was once there but, now I am so happy I went through with it!

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine

Many thanks

Well I certainly hope you've elected to engage at the state of the art at Precice 2.2 or other novel Nuvasive modalities to prevent complications in general. Complications can be extremely distracting to the progression of goals in general and hope you had enough foresight to plan for the implementation of these over external fixators. Welcome to forum and it's cool that you're at YouTube! Recently I myself have been working with Kyle Landry piano studios on YouTube and am planning some uploads if not this year, early next. Nice to e-meet U.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up