Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Height Reduction Surgery  (Read 3165 times)

Mrtall123

• Visitor
Height Reduction Surgery
« on: July 28, 2022, 10:27:23 PM »

Currently around 6'7 (201cm) and considering having femoral shortening to reduce height as it's a major pain in the ass! The major question is how much?

As far as I can see a 6cm reduction should take me to just under 6'5 which is probably gonna be where things become a bit easier (6'4 is the "ideal" cutoff point IMHO so its not far off)

Do folks think a 2-2.5 inch height change is enough feel different? Most LL's seem to be wanting to do way more?

ilovescience

Re: Height Reduction Surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 12:38:44 AM »

Currently around 6'7 (201cm) and considering having femoral shortening to reduce height as it's a major pain in the ass! The major question is how much?

As far as I can see a 6cm reduction should take me to just under 6'5 which is probably gonna be where things become a bit easier (6'4 is the "ideal" cutoff point IMHO so its not far off)

Do folks think a 2-2.5 inch height change is enough feel different? Most LL's seem to be wanting to do way more?

I haven't heard of surgery that reduces height. Why do you want to be shorter? That height is average height for basketball players.

Dexter5729

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 03:54:00 AM »

Pic?

ilovescience

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 05:29:49 AM »

Pic?

I am not familiar with height reduction surgery, but I think he means this one, which I found on YouTube.

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 11:12:24 AM »

Yes this exact one. Its normally used for Leg length discrepency management, but is ocassionally used to decrease height.

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 11:33:04 AM »

I'm not going to be a basketball player so that's irrelevant.

I have been EVERY height up to 6'7, so I'm well qualified to know what works and what doesn't as I kept growing until 21. When i was 6'3 I didn't even really notice being tall to be honest (even being an ectomorph) except for the occasional comment.

Height dysphoria started majorly when I got past 6'5.

The truth is:

--It's not ideal for women at all -- 2x major factors determine success with women IMHO (successful communication, comfort building) both of which are affected heavily beyond a certain point of height disparity.

--Can't fit through doors, get on rides,

--always feel weirdly "too standout" in any crowd.. the social "center of mass" is always far away from you. I've noticed many very tall guys develop loud, arrogant personalities to try and counter this by drawing attention back to themselves.

--proportions look out of whack -- look too underweight. I have a 6'4 proportions upper body but long legs so am ideal candidate as i'll be in proportion. And my BMI will naturally improve.

--Butt of the jokes + have to have the boring "tall conversation" x20 per night when out.

Basically like many folk on here i don't want to have to even think about height day to day and I can tell you being this tall that isn't the case. 6'4.5 I'm hoping gets me back to a more normal life.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 02:08:03 PM by Mrtall123 »

informationispower

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 02:07:48 PM »

Going from 201 to 195 would be good as you will become normal extremely tall. It is still a rare height but nothing too awkward.

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 02:18:08 PM »

Going from 201 to 195 would be good as you will become normal extremely tall. It is still a rare height but nothing too awkward.

Thanks yh. This gives some confidence. Read somewhere that in the west you'll only meet 1/2000 men 6'7+, whereas 6'4.5+ is around 1/100 this is a MASSIVE difference despite a slight delta.

ilovescience

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 02:20:50 PM »

Thanks yh. This gives some confidence. Read somewhere that in the west you'll only meet 1/2000 men 6'7+, whereas 6'4.5+ is around 1/200 this is a MASSIVE difference despite a slight delta.

Hi are you from America? I think American younger generation are getting taller. 6'4 still considered tall but not uncommon. In colleges or high schools today probably every 50 people there will be one 6'4 taller, correct?

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 02:24:25 PM »

Hi are you from America? I think American younger generation are getting taller. 6'4 still considered tall but not uncommon. In colleges or high schools today probably every 50 people there will be one 6'4 taller, correct?

Yh based on:
1. Wealthy tier 1 inner cities where people are wayyy taller
2. Younger generations being taller

on instinct i'd say its around 1/50-100 given there are 3x guys out of 200 men in my company in NYC that are 6'4+

boklecrt

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 12:59:14 AM »

youre nuts

this forum is called limb LENGTHENING forum for a reason, take your humblebragging complaints back to preddit
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 11:32:18 AM »

youre nuts

this forum is called limb LENGTHENING forum for a reason, take your humblebragging complaints back to preddit

hahahahaha I think somebody's sensitive  ;)

we.live.once

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2022, 12:15:07 PM »

youre nuts

it is posted in off topic, and it has connection with surgeries...
Anyway, it is better than someone discussing about house prices here ;D
from 185 to 190

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2022, 12:21:08 PM »

Exactly. It's the same group of surgeons friendly to the idea of height alteration.. that's largely why I'm on here to find a good one!

boklecrt

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2022, 01:04:37 PM »

yeah but that guy is fun, always making hilariously silly posts as comedic relief

how else can a guy postmaxx to 1000 posts on a dead forum if he can't start useless unrelated threads
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

ilovescience

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 01:11:58 PM »

Yes this exact one. Its normally used for Leg length discrepency management, but is ocassionally used to decrease height.

It seems there is more people doing that.

ilovescience

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 01:13:25 PM »

I'm not going to be a basketball player so that's irrelevant.

I have been EVERY height up to 6'7, so I'm well qualified to know what works and what doesn't as I kept growing until 21. When i was 6'3 I didn't even really notice being tall to be honest (even being an ectomorph) except for the occasional comment.

Height dysphoria started majorly when I got past 6'5.

The truth is:

--It's not ideal for women at all -- 2x major factors determine success with women IMHO (successful communication, comfort building) both of which are affected heavily beyond a certain point of height disparity.

--Can't fit through doors, get on rides,

--always feel weirdly "too standout" in any crowd.. the social "center of mass" is always far away from you. I've noticed many very tall guys develop loud, arrogant personalities to try and counter this by drawing attention back to themselves.

--proportions look out of whack -- look too underweight. I have a 6'4 proportions upper body but long legs so am ideal candidate as i'll be in proportion. And my BMI will naturally improve.

--Butt of the jokes + have to have the boring "tall conversation" x20 per night when out.

Basically like many folk on here i don't want to have to even think about height day to day and I can tell you being this tall that isn't the case. 6'4.5 I'm hoping gets me back to a more normal life.

I see what you mean. But being tall does have advantage. If you shopped at a grocery store and tried to get the stuff put very high on the shelf, it would be easier for tall people.

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2022, 01:52:50 PM »

I see what you mean. But being tall does have advantage. If you shopped at a grocery store and tried to get the stuff put very high on the shelf, it would be easier for tall people.

There definitely are advantages (e.g nobody risks violence with you) but at a certain point they are seriously outweighed..

ilovescience

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2022, 04:06:25 PM »

There definitely are advantages (e.g nobody risks violence with you) but at a certain point they are seriously outweighed..

That reminds me of something, being very tall may also cause inconvenience. For example, if a house was built not big, living in house could be a problem.

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2022, 10:12:37 AM »

That reminds me of something, being very tall may also cause inconvenience. For example, if a house was built not big, living in house could be a problem.

Yes, also that, in general everything feels not quite as it was designed as most things are planned for an average range of heights.

I would say the social elements are by far the biggest downsides tho. I could easily live with the rest.

ilovescience

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2022, 12:13:58 PM »

Yes, also that, in general everything feels not quite as it was designed as most things are planned for an average range of heights.

I would say the social elements are by far the biggest downsides tho. I could easily live with the rest.

Social elements?

djimbo9

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2022, 01:49:33 PM »

Yet another ''younger generation avg height 6'8'' bs post

djimbo9

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2022, 01:58:07 PM »

youre nuts

So true. The prick is here to troll. You're not Andre the Giant pall, your height is FAR from being a problem to your normal life. What a knobhead, saying he wants to get a height reduction surgery because people talk about his height on nights out. There's people in this forum wanting to kill themselves because of how short they are and this retard is showing off his problems like 'ít's too hard for me to lean my empty head when I'm going through doors'' and ''I stand out at crowds''.

ilovescience

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2022, 02:49:37 PM »

Yet another ''younger generation avg height 6'8'' bs post

Sir, why are you so rude?

I didn't mean average height 6'8 im younger generation.
I meant probably one out of every fifty students in America, there could be one person taller than 6'4!

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2022, 09:47:15 PM »

Sir, why are you so rude?

I didn't mean average height 6'8 im younger generation.
I meant probably one out of every fifty students in America, there could be one person taller than 6'4!

I think we a new community hangout called "personality transplants" .. lots of viable patients on this thread.

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2022, 09:49:39 PM »

So true. The prick is here to troll. You're not Andre the Giant pall, your height is FAR from being a problem to your normal life. What a knobhead, saying he wants to get a height reduction surgery because people talk about his height on nights out. There's people in this forum wanting to kill themselves because of how short they are and this retard is showing off his problems like 'ít's too hard for me to lean my empty head when I'm going through doors'' and ''I stand out at crowds''.

In your delusional world grown men think its enjoyable to sit around and talk about the mindnumbing subject of genetically gifted height all day and everyday with complete strangers! WAKEUP PAL!!!!!!!!!

LLprime3

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2022, 10:05:11 PM »

I don't know how the body reacts to having "residual soft tissue" after removing a piece of bone of this length. But reading how you described your daily problems, go for 2.5 inches. Being over 190 cm is still very tall. You can also measure how much height you lose during the day along the spine, or check proportions relative to your tibias to come to a conclusion.

Being too big is a valid issue, I don't see why short people (who are still taller than me) get mad. This is the proper forum to discuss even these topics.

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2022, 10:20:08 PM »

I don't know how the body reacts to having "residual soft tissue" after removing a piece of bone of this length. But reading how you described your daily problems, go for 2.5 inches. Being over 190 cm is still very tall. You can also measure how much height you lose during the day along the spine, or check proportions relative to your tibias to come to a conclusion.

Being too big is a valid issue, I don't see why short people (who are still taller than me) get mad. This is the proper forum to discuss even these topics.

Was thinking of going for 3 inches: 4.5-5cm on femur, 3cm on tibias. This would be 6'4 exactly. This would reduce the strain on any given segment and improve proportions but of course the risks of non-union, blood clots, foot control etc is higher as well as significant scarring. However this is my dream height.

Other option is 6cm on femurs ONLY. (would be basically just under 6'5). I still am not convinced I'll be free of the H. dysphoria here though now its so entrenched in my psyche.

Paley told me even 10cm was doable and the body does recover somehow to acceptable levels.

Dexter5729

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2022, 07:28:07 AM »

This dude probly 5'6. Look at his username "mrtall" my god so cringe lol

Oil and Fish

• tytytytt6t6
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2022, 08:07:16 AM »

You can ask LL doctors about it directly because 99.9% of users here are fixed on limb LENGTHENING surgeries.
Theodosis Prousalis

Siegfried

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2022, 03:13:24 PM »

You can ask LL doctors about it directly because 99.9% of users here are fixed on limb LENGTHENING surgeries.

Why did you create a new account lol?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up