Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 240287 times)

programdude

They've said I'm doing the best any Paley's patients have done and am way more than on par. But it certainly doesn't feel that way when I'm yelling every time I need to go to the bathroom.

My advice to everyone is to ask for the IV pain medication before standing once the epidural is out. The percocet alone just doesn't cut it. The IV one also helps you sleep even with the pain.

The consensus seems to be that things should improve a good bit from this point so thats encouraging. The organizer has already arranged the transportation back to the hotel for me as well as a home aid, who I will have 24 hours a day at least for the first few days.

Apologies if this was incoherent, I'm drugged to the point of my eyes closing,
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

YellowSpike

They've said I'm doing the best any Paley's patients have done and am way more than on par. But it certainly doesn't feel that way when I'm yelling every time I need to go to the bathroom.

My advice to everyone is to ask for the IV pain medication before standing once the epidural is out. The percocet alone just doesn't cut it. The IV one also helps you sleep even with the pain.

The consensus seems to be that things should improve a good bit from this point so thats encouraging. The organizer has already arranged the transportation back to the hotel for me as well as a home aid, who I will have 24 hours a day at least for the first few days.

Apologies if this was incoherent, I'm drugged to the point of my eyes closing,

This was perfectly coherent my friend! I actually figured you'd be doing well, since you're a fitness buff as it is.

I'm hoping my being in pretty good physical shape for my age (lean, fairly muscular, pretty flexible, healthy eater, great at cardio) will allow me to recover fairly quickly as you seem to be doing. And yeah, I will be asking for the IV pain meds or at least oxycontin before they attempt to move me.

And per Cooper's advice - we need to drink hot water if we're having the Rtaller alien poop issue lol

programdude

Yikes, that sounds rough programdude. Hang in there, I'm sure things can only go up from the day you had today. You're in the thick of it now, but once you leave the hospital, it will get better.

I must admit, this has me kinda scared. I'm aiming to get out of the hospital after 2 nights. Dr. Rozbruch said it's possible, and I know several Dr. M patients get out after only 2 nights...but I guess I'm gonna have to work for that! I'm actually going to ask if they can get me Oxycontin before they move me around without the epidural, as I know that's stronger than Percocet.

Two nights sounds impossible to me, but then again I had an epidural. However if tomorrow is even close to as bad as today I'd raise an eyebrow at getting in and out in 2 days.

Also, don't let me scare you- Even standing a second time got easier so theres a chance it could be a night and day difference, Remember this is the worst part, hands down from the whole experience.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

programdude

And yes my upper body strength has been absolutely invaluable. I probably wouldn't have gotten up yet without it

YellowSpike

Two nights sounds impossible to me, but then again I had an epidural. However if tomorrow is even close to as bad as today I'd raise an eyebrow at getting in and out in 2 days.

Also, don't let me scare you- Even standing a second time got easier so theres a chance it could be a night and day difference, Remember this is the worst part, hands down from the whole experience.

I agree with you. Two nights does sound like it will be tough to pull off...but Dr. Rozbruch said it's possible, as has Dr. M. There are a few diaries I think from Dr. M patients (on "other sites") where they've gotten out in 3 days/2 nights. I'm just trying to hedge my bets and save money however I can. I'm gonna be staying with my family for the first 2 weeks anyway.

YellowSpike

sorry, double post

programdude

Having family would absolutely make me feel safer about it all. The pain is just so depilating at 2 days its hard to image anything short of a team making you function. But going back to the hotel with family is a lot more comforting than a total stranger,

programdude

Btw, huge coincidence. I'm from an average sized town and one of the PA's went to the high school I did. But beyond that TWO other recent patients are from there as well.

The reason I think they're saying I'm doing the best a patients done boils down to arm strength IMO. It helps for everything and it would be nearly impossible to maneuver with it, pulling yourself up for when they shift your legs or need to check your back, and most important of all, hoisting yourself up for the long transition or when... they are wiping you down. I advise ensuring you are strong up there.

My current state, and the state I've been in for the past 5 hours is good. My nurse has been making sure I am medicated and i've been doing the exercises with my lungs and feet I need to. I think by my discharge on sat I will be good enough to get by without the IV medications. Actually right now I'm not even on it.

Meeting with my home aid tomorrow here and going to actually begin lengthening(they decided not to today because of how my day had been).

programdude

Pain today is under control so far, though I have yet needed to stand which is always the brutal part. Richard and I will get too that after I get some IV pain relief.

In some post on one of these sites, someone was talking about receiving no aftercare from Paley which simply isn't true. I emailed him about my hurt tibia and despite being out of the country he immediately emailed me back saying he was sending his primary PA up who investigated thoroughly and positioned my leg better than the nurses. Turns out that my operation was abnormally long due to having extremely hard bones and he believe at some point in the surgery someone had my leg pressed against something which caused pressure damage. Sucks, since it actually hurts as much as my straight up broken femurs, if not a bit more for some reason but after reviewing the picture his PA sent him he said it should recover shortly. Again this is proof that even with the best things can go wrong, fortunately this seems to be minor in the grand scheme of things.

Insurance is definitively paying for all but potentially one of my medications, which is still pending but I am really happy about. Be sure to talk to your planner about this, she is very proactive about getting things done the best and cheapest way for you. If your insurance isn't good be SURE to calculate these costs into your budget, they can be substantial.

Even though it will be expensive, from noon tomorrow until sunday night I will have a home aid the whole time. Not taking chances and need to evaluate just how messed up I'll be from the tibia issue but hope to drastically drop the number of hours needed and replace them with my less professional but welcome company before too long.

The bad news for me is that this is what is that tibia injury is making standing really really hard, since basically one of my tibias is in the same condition as the femurs, the good news for all of you is that this probably won't happen unless an accident occurs during your surgery which isn't likely since the PA made it sound like my bones were very uncommonly tough and they had never seen it happen before. In other words your experience standing should be less painful.

Tony came up today and we did a full 1mm lengthening in one sitting. No pain at all and the device couldn't be easier to use. In the future this will be broken up into four sessions- However these need to be done before midnight without fail.

In retrospect about yesterday, now that I am less drugged and not in a pain induced daze, the main things to take away to enhance your experience is to:
1. Be sure you are heavily medicated by the time the epidural has worn off.
2. Ask for assistance with going to the bathroom well in advance, not much is worse than being in severe pain on the verge of exploding in your wheelchair while knowing you need to fight against your legs to sit in an uncomfortable chair that is probably poorly adjusted which will leave your legs painfully high. Seriously don't do this to yourself.
3. Ask about IV medication asap, this made me go from literally shaking and heaving from pain to able to sleep comfortably. The nurses may not recommend it so ask yourself. I was very poorly allowed to take only one percocet after the epi, where the more logical management would have saved me lots of agony and enabled me to begin lengthening yesterday.
4. Similar to point 2, be sure to ask for medication as needed. The timing is just a recommendation as nurses will note, their job is to stay ahead of the pain and not chase it. The first nurses I had didn't give me this impression but the later ones have been very explicit about this.
5. Ask for your PT(in my case richard) to help you move. My desperate move onto the commode for the first time was urgent so I had no time to ask for richard and she was not much of a help at all. The nurses dont always have a gauge on how ridiculous a request of theirs is, so when she wanted me to move from the commode to the bed I asked for Richard who hoisted me up with a rope. Later when Richard wasn't around for trip number 2 the nurse wanted me to stand but I told her to bring in another nurse which made the process a lot easier.
6. The nurses may try and give you stool softener after your first movement. I highly advise against this and (most) of the nurses will agree because after you get it out the first time, you do not want to have diarrhea or even regular bowel movements. Using the commode even twice a day will wear on you- even sitting on the commode when you're already there gets extremely painful after awhile however some nurses won't take this into consideration, or realize you had a movement, or will ask you, and if you are drugged you may lightheadedly accept assuming its good since a nurse is offering. Fortunately I thought better of this despite my mind set.
7. To summarize, the nurses really don't always know best and sometimes you do need to instruct them as per your needs, which can be hard when you aren't feeling so hot, but be wiling to abuse the call button when the going gets rough.

Hopefully these posts are helping inform some of you guys considering, or heading into LL.

programdude

Update- Insurance is covering all my medicine! So definitely be sure to talk to the organizer lady who has been a godsend in arranging all of this.

As far as home aids be sure to speak to the manager of the agency and get someone who has worked with Paley patients, at least for the first weekend back since they know what to expect and how to help you out best. They are all the same price. After this weekend I will be scaling back the hours and may or may not use a different aid. Shortly thereafter I should have a girl move into the hotel for a bit, but I'll be playing that all by ear.

YellowSpike

This is very helpful stuff PD, thank you! Also, very glad to hear that your insurance is taking care of the meds. I already told them that I want a prescription for oxycontin right off the bat and want to skip over Percocet. I want the first hellish week to be as numb as possible lol

Also, it's pretty pimp that you'll have some girls "taking care" of you while you're there. That's definitely one thing I will miss during those 3-4 months. I'll have my family and friends, but having a love life would be nice. I'm not comfortable meeting a new woman while crippled. I have a few that I could call up, but I'm not really interested in them anymore hehe

programdude

Percocet might do the trick out of the hospital but NOT in any way shape or form after the epi is out. It was honestly irresponsible of her to give me so little. I told the anesthesiologist about it and his eyes bugged out of his head. The shock from going from epi to nothing is downright insane. I've never had so little control over my vocalizations. Now however I am pretty good even on minimal medication. I recommend keeping your feet moving to keep circulation going and to stretch and bend your knees often. It hurts but gets easier. The day after the epi comes out, a challenge I did was to rotate and get my legs over the side of the bed by myself(this is much harder than it sounds pre op my friend) and grab the bar above you and stand as straight as possible. I did that a few times and have been stretching my legs as much as possible. I honestly am really bummed out about the tibia since it is really the main thing holding me back right now and I think I would barely need help in a couple days without that limitation. I was however very pleased with Dr. Paleys prompt concern and that he treated it as a serious potentially grave issue in his response(within five minutes of reading my email his top PA was in the room). Its funny, at least three people here have likened him to jesus.

As far as the girls, honestly just sign up to some dating sites or tinder. I am shocked at how many are lining up to either visit or live in/take care of me lol. Getting a little something something(even though my performance will be at an all time rock bottom) will be very nice.  Heck even just having a few different ones to cuddle up with and keep the romantic game somewhat alive is more than welcome.

Debi with United Nursing Services came by and made me feel very good about the whole home aid process, giving me her personal cell number if I need anything. Heck she even offered me a complimentary dinner date over sushi when I am feeling a bit better. I'll be sure to let everyone knows how this part goes.

As of now my pain meds are basically not in my system and I actually don't feel awful, even during my standing exercises which yesterday would have had me screaming and passing out. I will be taking basic percocets and seeing if that can sustain me for today. If so I am in very good shape for my discharge tomorrow. Regardless I know the worst has passed, and once my tibia is healed I will be eagerly forcing myself to be mobile.

You will feel like stiff hell, but force yourself to move and you will be thankful for it guys.

YellowSpike

Yeah I've had very good luck with dating sites in the past despite my height (luckily I at least got solid facial aesthetics). Tinder I tend to shy away from. I got a LOT of mutual hits, but I've always called Tinder a "height lottery." And being 5'6", many women in their heels would be taller than me. On other sites where I had to list my height (and knew the woman's height), I was was more comfortable with the attention I got because the girls already knew I was short. Online dating (OKC, Match, eHarm) was quite good to me...many guys don't get any hits at all (online dating is heavily biased in favor of women, I have many stories proving this)...yet my height was still an issue in the back of my mind.

Although I just may try what you're doing. Would be nice to have some female company while I go through this. Are you telling these girls you're temporarily crippled from the get go?

Sounds like you're doing really well despite the tibia issue. Keep it up.

programdude

Yeah great news is I am actually managing off just percs right now. People may have been scared by yesterdays post but it may prove to just be an inevitable few hours of hell, in which case its really not so bad if its all the hell you have to endure, you might have been able to tell from my posts I was horrified the next two weeks would be that, non stop. I don't really see how things could get back to that bad from where I am at right now.

And yes not only have I told every tinder, pof, etc. girl that I am here as a cripple in surgery, and even that it is to get taller. Now admittedly I do say my starting height is 5 10, mainly because I don't think girls know what heights actually equal and think anything below 5 10 is dwarf status, but considering I will be in a wheelchair or hunched over a walker it doesn't matter anyways. Not that I can have sex for awhile(when I do it will be pretty lame I bet), but I can certainly receive *ahem* favors.

Hilariously one girl who read my profile asked if I was one of Paleys patients and when I said yes, informed me she works in the PT dept, so I may even see her haha.

Not to derail this topic into my sex life, but it was ironic that even though I wasn't wearing lifts or anything, the girl I hooked up with the night before my surgery kept calling me tall. Made the concept of heading into an outrageous surgery to get taller seem pretty silly in the moment.

Anyways, feel free to ask questions anyone. Staying busy on the computer has helped distract from what discomfort I do have.

YellowSpike

Not to derail this topic into my sex life, but it was ironic that even though I wasn't wearing lifts or anything, the girl I hooked up with the night before my surgery kept calling me tall. Made the concept of heading into an outrageous surgery to get taller seem pretty silly in the moment.

That's because 5'8" ain't really that short, especially if you're somewhat built and lean (which I believe you said you are, I think you said you do fitness modeling). I feel like if you're built and lean at 5'8", you can look kinda "tall." But then again, your chick may have been very short? I was with a cougar last year who was 5'1" and insisted I was 5'10". That made me feel so damn good! :)

I was with my best friend tonight who knows I'm doing the surgery. I'm a shade under 5'6", and he's around 5'8" and he looks a nice amount taller than me, and he's not even in that great shape. He thinks I don't need it and insists that I'm not short...I just lol'd on the inside. In fact, I even thought what I'm about to do is outrageous, as he wasn't that much taller than me (and I was barefoot in his living room).

Good luck with your discharge!

alps

And per Cooper's advice - we need to drink hot water if we're having the Rtaller alien poop issue lol
Why not take some laxatives? I know natural is better, but why struggle drinking hot water? Especially when you're already doing something difficult. I still don't understand why RTaller didn't realize he could've taken some laxatives before all that.

programdude

Why not take some laxatives? I know natural is better, but why struggle drinking hot water? Especially when you're already doing something difficult. I still don't understand why RTaller didn't realize he could've taken some laxatives before all that.

This is something big to watch out for. Going to the bathroom isn't pleasant at all, but needing to go regularly is WAY scarier stuff since it will be after the epidurals out. My advice is to take out the epidural early in the morning while having had a stool softener the night before, or take out the epi at noon and the still softener in the morning. Now granted I am biased because my nurse grossly undersold what I was in for and gave me the one percocet after the epi was out and the pain was out of this world- but the actual pooping part is a breeze, its getting there and up that destroys you. So do not take anything too close to epi coming out and remember- flat out refuse if they try and give it afterwards unless you actually are having a REALLY hard time.

If I had been properly medicated, using the commode really wouldn't have been bad,,, Reading diaries is the smartest thing to do before hand since you want to know at least as much as the nurses, as in two cases they made a bas call. One which I caught and one I did not.

programdude

First PT session today. Ironically most of the motions I'd been doing subconsciously on my own because they felt good on the muscle anyways. I did excellent with it all with almost no pain, even on my damaged leg. She was awestruck I was achieving a 120 degree bend in the knee when she usually seeks 90.
Most importantly standing was pretty easy, and walking, while still strange, was not excruciating at all. heck I think my triceps were the sorest part for overcompensating for my legs needlessly.
I have my lengthening machine and my sheets of PT and all my appointments set up. I do feel slightly tired because my body is recuperating and movement is surprisingly difficult, but things are looking good again.

YellowSpike

Question for you PD. I think you said you have/had pretty muscular legs. I personally have very naturally muscular legs. Does this work with or against us throughout LL? I've heard mixed things. I've heard from some that having muscular legs can somewhat mask the pain in the first few weeks, while others have said it makes lengthening more difficult (unless you get the ITB release, which I'm getting). It's probably too early for you to tell, but just wondering your thoughts on this so far. I'm leaning towards muscular legs making the whole thing more difficult...

programdude

I got a release so I can't give a comment without it. However with it, it mentally it feels as if my legs are an encumbrance, being big pain filled masses that I can barely move. However, given that many have said I am doing the best/at least very well and that I am succeeding in PT with flying colors despite their muscularity, I find it hard to believe that this is anything more than a mental illusion. Furthermore, once this post op nonstop pain stops/slows and I can actually make use of the muscle, life will get a lot easier I believe.

In other news I am not too thrilled about my caretaker. Despite my concerns expressed to the manager, this woman speaks english with a thick accent I struggle to understand and worse, sometimes she struggles to understand what it is I am saying sometimes in somewhat urgent situations(although when in pain, drugged, and crippled you will be more irritable so it bothers you regardless.). The fiasco with the transportation got me so stiff that walking became a forlorn fantasy when I got back to the hotel so I had to crawl my way onto the bed to stretch and lengthen.

I have texted the manager my displeasure and have been stretching non stop after a short nap. The manager said I wouldn't be seeing her again.

This is a pretty negative post, but note I am not too worried because I know this all gets better. Not even a week post op yet and life could be worse. Oh an one big plus is that shifting to a commode from the hotel bed is a world easier than it was in the hospital, heavy duty meds or no.

Just did my 3rd click. Incase people are wondering why you need to do them before midnight, it is because the machine resets itself then meaning you LOSE those clicks. Yes it is possible at the end of lengthening to get them back, but the machine is not designed to permit you to exceed 1MM a day in 4 sessions(though yes they can change this hence my 1mm in a sitting lengthening yesterday). Despite the setbacks, actually growing finally is amazing.

programdude

My second caretaker is a lot better, and I am also feeling a lot better after  forcing myself to do extensive PT to reverse the effects of being stuck in that wheelchair so long. Gonna PT like crazy these next few days to keep myself on track. About to do 4th clicks.. Officially 3mm taller my friends.

programdude

stay ahead of the pain... don't chase it.

programdude

Lol, don't even remember typing that. I was in a rough place then.

Anyways I met a LL'er from hong kong this morning in the breakfast area, very nice guy who looked 30 but ended up being 50! He was encouraging with a great attitude and wanted to do exercises with me when I was more pain free. I think he was a week or two ahead of me which is a great sign.

Extremely good news is I realized my insurance will cover 80% of my home aid costs, as well as all my PT costs for when I want help and I don't have a home aid.

programdude

I had some requests for pictures:

For those wondering- The dark black line is where you line up the top of the heavy duty magnet with, then you just click start and it does its magic.

As far as the side shot you can see one of the dressings came off and had given me a blister not a really annoying complication like the tibia injury(which is finally scabbed and not an issue.)

Off to PT for the first time and really looking forward to it. I know these legs just have a bit further to go before my circumstances improve drastically because of the condition of my friend from Hong Kong who is only a week ahead.Already I can pretty much maneuver all around the bed, get onto the commode/wheelchair from it, and do great with the original PT assigned to me.

programdude

Even with them "going hard" on me, since I said I'd been doing stretches I did excellent with my PT. A lot of the "new things they showed me in regards to stretches I'd already done and mastered while recovering.

The team working with me was very impressed and in some cases I achieved the best fresh out of surgery stretches they had ever seen. They enthusiastically said at this point achieving 8 cm doesn't even seem like a question!!

I've also finally managed walking and can walk to the bathroom and use it and leave without issue. Technically I think I am actually self sufficient just less than a week post op. That being said I will be using a care giver because my insurance covered the vast majority of the costs, until a girl I am talking to moves in with me who wanted to be my fwb/mom haha.

Things looking very good once again(this has been such a roller coaster), very much looking forward to meeting with Paley at the 2 week mark to make sure I am properly lengthening. If I am I think I am in for a good ride!

YellowSpike

Sounds like you're doing really well man. I'm just a few weeks behind you!

Just wondering, what kind of overall shape were you in before you had your surgery? I feel like I'm fairly flexible (I can reach down and touch the floor with my palms, just about, with some effort), I can run 5-7 miles no problem, and I have a pretty strong upper body (arms and chest). I've never been an athlete, but have more or less always been in pretty good shape throughout my 30 years. So I'm hoping I breeze through this like you seem to be doing now!

programdude

I'm not quite a bodybuilder, but very muscled, particularly in my arms, strong chest, very strong back. I do fitness modeling so thats the look I am basically. Strong triceps and big biceps blah blah. My legs I didn't train much because I knew they would waste away, though I could still press 4-5 plates for reps. I did do some running casually and a good deal of stretches though nothing serious- probably similar level of flexibility as you.
Stretches i did:
Wearing shoes fingers touching ground
barefoot, attempt palm to floor
put one leg stretched behind you, take the other and bend it sideways facing inwards, then lie flat and hold this. Alternate and do this with other side as well.
Get on a hardish surface, kneeling with feet out to the side. Lean back all the way, your hamstrings will get an intense stretch. Hold until failure.
Among others.
A big tip is to stretch constantly post op, even in your horribly drugged hospital state. I was doing nonstop ankle pumps, and as my legs un numbed did heel slides(one of the most important, and where I excel most evidently tight now.). Even just raising your legs is good, as if doing a leg extension, although these are rough post op. One place where I fell short was with walking, since my initial traumatic experiences really scarred me from trying it much more. Doing it today in PT I realized if I had been properly pushed in the hospital I'd have been in a much better spot.

Anyways my official assessment is you need care for approx 6 days post OP, which includes days in the doctors office. However by all reports I am recovering at an exceptional rate so the actual number of days is probably closer to pal yes estimated 2.

YellowSpike

Thanks bro! I think we have a very similar build...I'm not a bodybuilder per se, but I've got muscular arms, naturally muscular legs, and a pretty decent chest and back. And since I eat really well and take care of myself, I'm pretty lean (I'd estimate maybe 12% total body fat, which I suppose is decent). I am going to be staying with my family for the first 2 weeks, and I'll have a caretaker after that. My apartment unfortunately has stairs, but Dr. Rozbruch said I can do the stairs on my butt when I need to. I'll have my caretaker to do my food shopping and laundry, so not worried about that, but the relative isolation will suck (but I have some girls and friends lined up to come visit me).

Another question for you...I've got less than 3 weeks until my big day gets here. What do you think I should I focus my workouts on? Upper body strength, cardio, legs...or should I just focus on stretching?

programdude

I have had a very successful start so let me tell you exactly what I did in the hopes it will help you:
1. Eat well, but a lot. This may seem counterintuitive since you don't want to break the nails, but you also want to be strong and will lose a ton of strength and mass fast in the hospital if you aren't careful.
2. Walk a lot and do mild jogs. You don't want to EXHAUST your legs, just stimulate them. And don't weight train with them at all IMO. The bulky muscle my legs have sort of threw me for a loop when I realized they were big useless lumps post op.
3. Train triceps, this is the most important suggestion. These will be what you use to support yourself on the walker. Everyone who has worked with me has noted that my excellent triceps will make this a breeze for me. They help with walker, transferring from walker to anything, from bed to anything, scooting around your bed(I know this sounds silly but your first week this will be HARD- way more than you expect).
4. Keep biceps in check but don't focus too much. I did casual curling sessions leading up since the only thing they helped with really was using the pulley above my hospital bed to lift myself up.
5. Stretches- The important thing here is what Paley said to me during our consultation and has rung true. Fact is- the actual stretches you do leading up to LL are almost totally pointless. Where they excel is getting you in the state of mind to push yourself. For example, the stretch where you sit on your heel basically and lean allll the way back hurts a lot, right? So do it. Why? Because the most important LL exercises are this painful. In the hospital, I did a lot of heel slides, deep ones at that. This got me way ahead in PT.

Some of this might sound intimidating to people, but they expect much less from people at first, I actually had to tell them to push the limit and push the again for me.

I'd say the even more important thing is to ready yourself mentally. You will have at least one HELL day. Accept that, but know it will END. Know you will be weak but that you can't afford to just sit around. Do ankle pumps constantly, do your breathing exercises, do heel slides and let your hands help the motion go deep until it hurts. Feel like crap when PT comes to get you up? Force yourself, even if you fall right down and vomit. These days suck, but you set yourself up for success a lot faster.

YellowSpike

I think your post sums it up really nicely. Thank you PD!

I know personally when I workout, I try to do it until it freaking hurts. Part of that is to get me ready for LL, because I know I will have at least one day where I feel like I'm in hell (probably right after the epidural comes out). I'm ready for that. But I'm also keeping my eye on the prize.

I fully expect that LL will kick my ass in the early days...but I'm going to fight this with all that I've got, knowing that I will achieve something I've wanted since I was 15 years old.

programdude

And thats exactly the attitude you need. To know you will go from a shivering weak mess to a tall, strong man. There will be small instances of weakness in yourself for sure- maybe five minutes you regret it ALL, but there will be a LIFETIME where you will be so thankful for enduring what, proportionately, is nothing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Up