Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is having a longer tibias naturally possible?  (Read 8689 times)

168to175

• Visitor
Is having a longer tibias naturally possible?
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:19:34 AM »

These are some pictures of Ryan Gosling and Charlie Sheen..I think their tibias are longer than normal people.(I'm not saying longer than their femurs but maybe equal to them).What do you think guys? Is it possible naturally?

BilateralDamage

Re: Is having a longer tibias naturally possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:36:45 AM »

Natural proportions are a .8 tibia to femur ratio.

Ryan Gosling's tibiae aren't longer than his femurs, they look natural.

GeTs

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »

It's because they're in clothes, me myself when nked my femurs look very long compared to tibias, while in clothes my tibia look longer or the same

168to175

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »

I think you are right :) So naturally no one has equal or longer tibias? right?

GeTs

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »

I think you are right :) So naturally no one has equal or longer tibias? right?
yes, but in clothes everyone's tibias look longer

168to175

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »

LL isn't the real cure for short people...I hope in the future we'll see something that can help to fully grow,Anyway thanks for explaining this :)

GeTs

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »

LL isn't the real cure for short people...I hope in the future we'll see something that can help to fully grow,Anyway thanks for explaining this :)
don't do more than 6 cm on tibias, if you want to be taller then 1 cm isn't going to make a difference, it's still in the average range, so if you want to gain more than 6, just do a second surgery for femurs, and at this point u've gained 12 cm which will put you to 180cm, and your tibias will look proportionate to your femurs, u'll have long legs, but believe me no one has ever said that long legs are a defformity or look bad

Wannabegiant

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »

Its worth noting that obviously every human doesnt have exactly 0.8 ratio of tibia/femurs, it varies slightly but that is the average. I also assume that for best functionality the ratio should be around that range.

But the point is that even if you lengthen one segment and change the ratio, as long as you dont do to much you shouldnt be considered abnormal compared to people who havent done LL. 

Gichelu

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »

The pictures make this thread very homoerotic.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

168to175

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Its worth noting that obviously every human doesnt have exactly 0.8 ratio of tibia/femurs, it varies slightly but that is the average. I also assume that for best functionality the ratio should be around that range.

But the point is that even if you lengthen one segment and change the ratio, as long as you dont do to much you shouldnt be considered abnormal compared to people who havent done LL.
If I do the surgery,I not gonna go with 2 surgeries( because of time and less damage to my legs and time),I'm living in the world of confusion,I don't know it would look abnormal on me ( I'm thinking about just 5 cm) or not,And I don't know if it's worth it or not,especially after reading this topic  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=680.0 
I don't want to live with some problems for ever,Sure,I'm really sad about my height and it has destroyed they way I've been living,but.. As I said confusion,world of confusion.I know this world is really shallow and somehow not doing this would make me unable to have some things or some girls are gonna be out of reach or even getting embarrassed by some friends( you know people usually try to find a way to say we are better than you).. 'not for you,not you',But somehow doing this surgery is going to take a lot of things from me.. Sorry about that,thats just my confusion,Hope u all have a good day :)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 01:24:28 AM »

No, it is not naturally possible, if all goes according to nature's plan. In fact, having tibiae equal to the femur is extremely disadvantageous. Your strides are shortened and you are inherently off balance. When the knee bends forward the whole length of the tibia tries to tuck under the femur, but struggles to do so.

In a perfect world one would do a limited amount of length on the tibia and then do 125% of that length to the femur. 4cm tibs/5cm femur, would be ideal. But we don't live in an ideal world, so doing exorbitant amounts on the lower legs will inevitably lead to disappointment and regret.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 12:20:19 PM »

I am not sure about whether having a proportion off the 0.8 will lead to biomechanical problems. The only way is to do it and find out? Are there any studies?

What I do notice is that basetkball players have very long tibia vs femurs.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 04:42:45 AM »

I am not sure about whether having a proportion off the 0.8 will lead to biomechanical problems. The only way is to do it and find out? Are there any studies?

What I do notice is that basetkball players have very long tibia vs femurs.

Post some pics where the ratios can easily be seen. Their tibias might seem long because they are but perhaps in actual inches they are not longer than femurs, optical illusions happen with slim lower limbs.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 06:08:33 AM »

Post some pics where the ratios can easily be seen. Their tibias might seem long because they are but perhaps in actual inches they are not longer than femurs, optical illusions happen with slim lower limbs.
its on the old forum where they posted pics of all athletes wearing little clothing (so you can see their proportions).
I think his femur is slightly longer than his tibia. same for the 6'5-ish female basketballer.
I read that short femurs are very advantageous for jumping and this was said by a professor who knows his stuff, which is why, he explains, how short people can jump and dunk.
But I could not find anything to back-up what he said.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up