Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heightism in mainstream media seems acceptable  (Read 1247 times)

AllinStryde

Heightism in mainstream media seems acceptable
« on: January 01, 2023, 01:03:22 AM »

How is this acceptable?https://youtu.be/jUeg8u3CgCo

EndGame

Re: Heightism in mainstream media seems acceptable
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 02:08:04 AM »

Body shaming women in the West is not allowed, but body shaming men is. Heightism is simply one example. Part of a broader issue of double standards to men's disadvantage.

oklama

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 05:54:44 AM »

yep, this is disgusting, but 80% of people are entirely ape brained robots who don't see anything wrong. The world is cruel. the human beings that walk around today are of the same exact biology as the savages 10,000 years ago. Being a disgusting person openly isn't as common now as it was back then, not because of a change in human nature but because its became less acceptable. This is one of the things that culture has yet to deem unacceptable. We can't change our biology (ironically being said here) People are just judgmental, it's our nature. Because our existence is an affront to their standards at such a high level they just can't even stand to leave us alone. Watch how people talk about other short ppl behind their backs. thats how they talk about all of us when we make then mad or when we aren't there.

People have a long way to go. Maybe one day we can modify our brains to make us less judgmental, but that just brings more problems. This is a fact of our biology. THERE IS GOOD IN PEOPLE AND I BELIEVE MOST PEOPLE ARE "GOOD", but everyone is judgemental.

THERE IS PROGRESS BEING MADE ON THIS FRONT.... I see a lot of men sticking up for short men in the comments of things but we have a LOOOONG WAY to go and I'm sure most women will never see us equal. Too bad nobody can ever talk about this outside of here cause they'll be accused of short man syndrome or whichever heightest garbage/denialism some 5'11 dude wants to throw out at any moment..

anyways schizo rant over. enjoy life we only have one. some things just suck.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

motoboarder

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 06:16:43 PM »

It's not acceptable by a majority, you can judge by the comments. AT&T was stupid to post such a disgusting commercial. A guy would be in trouble if he yelled "she's fat, she's overweight". The ads is hypocritical.
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

oklama

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 10:04:20 PM »

It's not acceptable by a majority, you can judge by the comments. AT&T was stupid to post such a disgusting commercial. A guy would be in trouble if he yelled "she's fat, she's overweight". The ads is hypocritical.

thats a very biased metric, the video was posted by some incel dude as an example of heightism, people unconcerned about heightism wouldn't ever be on that video. I'm fairly sure among woman its atleast acceptable to 80%, among men more like 50/50
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

Confidence

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 12:26:24 AM »

I never really understood the counter-example of men body-shaming women for their weight.  To me, it's not even comparable to body-shaming men for their height because it's 10x harder to change your height as opposed to losing weight (obviously some people have eating disorders but those examples are outliers). 

A more comparable counter-example imo is shaming women for being tall like over 5'10".  But even then, this counter-example is still not equally comparable because nobody (in western culture at least) really makes fun of women for being too tall.  I have definitely met women who were insecure about being tall but this was probably an insecurity derived from the preconceived notion in society that the man should be taller than the woman in a relationship.  Usually these women fall into the "he just has to be my height or taller than me" type rather than the "he has to literally tower over me because I love the height difference" type.

Shorter men literally have it the worst because not only are they aware of the "requirement" that a guy has to be taller than a woman in a relationship, they also have to deal with people in general just being more openly disrespectful towards them because that's more acceptable in society.   

Ballerman

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 05:22:18 PM »

Women usually have more insecurities than men. Being a tall woman makes many women feel insecure.
But they still manage to get a relationship simply because they are still attractive for many men.
I dont like tall women, it feels like dating a giraffee. Everything is stupid big, her hands, her feet.
I dont find it feminine and it doesnt attract me. Fatties are digusting tbh. Its unhealthy and I feel exactly
0 sexual attraction towards such women.

I think as long as you are masculine enough you will find some woman interested in you.
But if you are build like a kid its game over. I have been told many times that I look like a kid.
It hurts but its the truth. I am build like a kid, I have super small wrists and a baby face.
Its practically game over for me and I became blackpilled from a young age. I knew I wasnt like
other men. I look like a defective person that is stuck in a kids body. Like I lacked some testosterone
during development. My body never turned into a manly body, it just stayed kid like.
Everything is small... I dont even tell people my real age because its just absolutely embarassing.
People usually assume im a kid thats still going to school. When I lie and tell them im 24 they
dont want to believe it. I dont even buy alcohol anymore because people always ask for my ID and
when they see my real age they can believe it. Im just scared that somebody will call the cops on me and
tell them that my ID is fake. You guys are crying over some height. I am not even seen as a man. People
dont see me as a man at all. I dont even get the status "man". Men dont consider me as competition, so I
never get any negative comments. They treat me like their child. Yikes. I dont even know what to do with myself at
this point. I wish I was never born if I had the option.

Quintet

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 06:03:39 AM »

This is because hitherto no men have activated a body-shame protest themselves so why bother insulting men about their bodies? Maybe because typically men don't care about their looks as much as women do, because men can reverse their disadvantages in this regard by making money, achieving power, etc.(for women it is 100x harder to accomplish), etc.
If you don't protect your own dignity the others will for sure not protect either.
Additionally I don't experience any humiliation by this vid. I guess some guys here are just too sensitive.

lifeistrash

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 04:31:43 PM »

Stfu you dont respect yourself if you dont find this discriminating.
Its like saying dont marry him he is a jew

Werewolf

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 12:29:03 PM »

Body shaming women in the West is not allowed, but body shaming men is. Heightism is simply one example. Part of a broader issue of double standards to men's disadvantage.
Look at the guy who knows and generalizes the whole west LOL I'm in the west and what you're saying is nonsense. Just your own opinions.
List of I fked :)
@Bukibuki - @Kanye Western - @DanishViking - @shortisnotfun - @EndGame - @ballsackoffury123

EndGame

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 07:34:42 PM »

Look at the guy who knows and generalizes the whole west LOL I'm in the west and what you're saying is nonsense. Just your own opinions.
I'm in the West too. I'm genuinely shocked you disagree so strongly. Do you see a lot of body shaming women that is cultural accepted? If you don't agree body shaming men in the West is societally accepted, I cant even take you seriously.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 08:12:12 PM »

I'm in the West too. I'm genuinely shocked you disagree so strongly. Do you see a lot of body shaming women that is cultural accepted? If you don't agree body shaming men in the West is societally accepted, I cant even take you seriously.
I know in America body-shaming will undo your employment, no matter be the object a male or female. But yeah, heightism for men in everywhere else is endorsed, since body-shaming is endorsed there. But in E.Asia afaik, body-shaming girls is also acceptable, particularly in S.Korea and Japan. It seems to me the acceptance of body-shaming is positively correlated with the 'sexual position'.  S.Korea and Japan are suffering from 'prefer boys over girls'. China is now suffering from imbalanced sexual ratio so the situation is better, but you can still see a lot of biases towards men. In China due to the stale perceptions of girls of the old generations, Chinese parents allocate more resources to boys than girls, including tuition fee, etc. In Japan and S.Korea... I can only say if you were born as a girl there, just 'good luck'...

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 08:15:56 PM »

Stfu you dont respect yourself if you dont find this discriminating.
Its like saying dont marry him he is a jew
Respect your dignity against an ad vid? I know height 'psychosis' is concrete but you don't need to toot your horn that explicitly lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up