Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Betzbone Diary - Jan 2023  (Read 4764 times)

Betzbone

Betzbone Diary - Jan 2023
« on: January 17, 2023, 05:59:59 AM »

-Online consultation in Jan 2023
-Will arrive to airport in Germany and take train to Freiburg on Jan 2023
-Surgery will be end of Jan 2023
-Hospital stay (5 nights)
-Will transport to rehab clinic Feb 2023 (9 nights)
-Will leave rehab clinic Feb 2023

This is my schedule as of now. The few days before surgery: x-ray, pcr test, antigen test.

-Height: 161 cm
-Weight: 60-70 kg
-No prior conditions or diseases
-Been stretching daily for the past month or so
-Operation will be on femurs, plan to request a soft ITB release

« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 08:04:31 AM by Betzbone »

boots2asses

• Visitor
Re: Betzbone Diary - Jan 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 09:01:11 AM »

I like your writing format.

Concise and straight to the point.

Also, good luck with your journey.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 09:24:52 AM »

You had your first consultation with Dr. Becker at the beginning of january 23 and surgery was set to end of january 23? So fast?

How much do you want to lengthen?

All the best!

Betzbone

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 09:45:18 AM »

You had your first consultation with Dr. Becker at the beginning of january 23 and surgery was set to end of january 23? So fast?

How much do you want to lengthen?

All the best!

Yes consultation then surgery will be 8 days after that.

11.5cm is my goal but will see as things progress.

Bagga

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 02:58:28 PM »

Yes consultation then surgery will be 8 days after that.

I believed that you have reserved the ops date few months ago.
The current ops date available is in June2023

Limbfan2020

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 06:24:24 PM »

That's crazy, dude! It's too much for femurs! You should do femurs (+6 cm) and then tibias (+5 cm)!

Stand taller

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 06:48:09 PM »

This is my schedule as of now. The few days before surgery: x-ray, pcr test, antigen test.

Congrats on making the decision, I did my surgery a little more than a year ago and even though I am still not fully recovered I don't regret anything! I did 11,5cm starting at 165,5cm - reaching 177cm, If you can do the same amount you will be 172,5cm (173cm since we always round up!) in around six months time. Insane! Growing almost 12cm is LIFE CHANGING, and I am still not even at my full height because of some lost height due to duckass - but even with that being said my height neurosis is 100% gone. And that feels amazing!

Good luck!
Femurs with Dr Betz & Dr Becker 14/01/2022
Starting height: 165cm | Reached height: 177cm
Total lengthening: 11,5cm | Age: Mid 30s
My diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69034.0

Betzbone

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 11:35:20 PM »

Congrats on making the decision, I did my surgery a little more than a year ago and even though I am still not fully recovered I don't regret anything! I did 11,5cm starting at 165,5cm - reaching 177cm, If you can do the same amount you will be 172,5cm (173cm since we always round up!) in around six months time. Insane! Growing almost 12cm is LIFE CHANGING, and I am still not even at my full height because of some lost height due to duckass - but even with that being said my height neurosis is 100% gone. And that feels amazing!

Good luck!

I agree totally life changing. I can't really even imagine it at this point being so far away. Your 11.5cm is an amazing accomplishment.

Would you have any tips for lengthening or anything you wish you knew earlier on?
Is my understanding correct from your diary you did stretching 2 hours per day the entire clicking period?
How much stretching did you do per day after clicking was over?
What does your stretching schedule look like? Do you split it in 15 minute or 30 minute intervals through the day?

short but sweet

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 07:53:58 PM »

11.5cm is my goal
why not 12.5cm ? that's the max lengthening with betz bone,right ?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 09:41:10 PM »

Great format. Might as well pre-empt people's common questions

10cm Tibia

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 06:00:45 PM »

Do you have pictures and videos?

Betzbone

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2023, 03:46:09 PM »

Update.

Got to frieberg few days ago.

Just got surgery few hours ago

Here is update video

Right now no nausea or dizziness.
Pain with the meds is like 2/10
Walked earlier with assistance. Speed was 50% of what it once was. Was very tiring to do a few steps.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:09:38 PM by Betzbone »

Betzbone

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2023, 04:52:26 PM »

9 hours post operation

My pain is still 2/10. After surgery I got pain meds, few hours later they gave me a liquid pain med. and stomach shot.

Flexibabilty is what you see in video I am doing that exercise every hour. While doing the exercise at I feel 3/10 pain when pulling in.

In my opinion. I honestly think Dr. Becker is the best LL doctor in germany could even be the world.

Surgery took 1 hour and half and result was great in my experience.

A doctor and the aftercare support doesn’t get better than this.

Kanye Western

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2023, 04:55:36 PM »

Super insight so far. Wish you luck on your journey.

Betzbone

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 07:38:53 PM »

12 hours post operation

-Pain level same as last update. Had another liquid pain med
-Took rest of medicine
-Might have had accidental click. Though I can’t tell what a click is supposed to sound like. Or if I just cracked the air in my bones? Idk..
-Dinner and yougurt and tea.
-My appetite is normal. Though I feel tired and not hungry once I took bite I could tell I’m hungry.
-Drink lots of water
-Can sit up and pee without much additional pain. It’s more difficult to pee but still able to pee.
-Compression pants are tight nice thing is they have hole in them so you can go easily.
-Ice packs twice today they feel nice. I don’t notice any improvements from using but it’s soothing
-Tomorrow will learn the crutches

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 08:06:34 PM by Betzbone »

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 08:18:54 PM »

12 hours post operation

-Pain level same as last update. Had another liquid pain med
-Took rest of medicine
-Might have had accidental click. Though I can’t tell what a click is supposed to sound like. Or if I just cracked the air in my bones? Idk..
-Dinner and yougurt and tea.
-My appetite is normal. Though I feel tired and not hungry once I took bite I could tell I’m hungry.
-Drink lots of water
-Can sit up and pee without much additional pain. It’s more difficult to pee but still able to pee.
-Compression pants are tight nice thing is they have hole in them so you can go easily.
-Ice packs twice today they feel nice. I don’t notice any improvements from using but it’s soothing
-Tomorrow will learn the crutches

Congrats man.  I was in your same position just weeks ago.  Stay strong, it gets better.  When you go to the hotel you will feel like a new person.

You probably did have an accidental click.  There is an inward click and an outward click which together marks 1 click.  It will be confusing how it all works until you begin in about a week.

Good luck.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 08:33:30 PM »

Surgery took 1 hour and half and result was great in my experience.

Are you serious? 1,5 h for both femurs?

Wish you a speedy recovery!

Betzbone

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 12:05:33 AM »

18 hours post operation

-Pain still the same. Expecting it to increase after physical therapy or if velocity of the pain meds is changed.
-Had another liquid pain killer.
-Out of next 5 days will have 4 physical therapy sessions. Sunday is off.
-Sleep is in pockets of time. Get tired sleep, wake up chill a bit till tired and sleep again.
-Body still feeling tired, enough energy to watch a show or listen some music and fall back asleep.
-Nurse from mid day reminded me few times to drink water, I feel is helpful overall to rember. I easily get dehydrated without much effort

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 12:57:17 AM by Betzbone »

Betzbone

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2023, 12:11:22 AM »

Congrats man.  I was in your same position just weeks ago.  Stay strong, it gets better.  When you go to the hotel you will feel like a new person.

You probably did have an accidental click.  There is an inward click and an outward click which together marks 1 click.  It will be confusing how it all works until you begin in about a week.

Good luck.

Thank you. We barely missed each other. Having the hotel to look forward to is great. The work begins when the hours of stretching begins. Trying enjoy relax till then. Have to say the nurses here are amazing and make you feel welcome and you’re well taken care of.

Betzbone

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2023, 12:46:43 AM »

Are you serious? 1,5 h for both femurs?

Wish you a speedy recovery!

Thank you. Dr. Becker is truly skilled at what he does. I will forever be grateful.

Good to remember we all have different bodies so outcomes will vary person to person.

My takeaways from it:

-Getting through it without major complication.
-My mind felt at ease knowing the outcome. After months of on and off over analysis, anxiety, questioning myself. The unknown is scary especially knowing the risks that can be possible for any LL surgery.
-Mobility im happy with for having 2 metal rods inserted into femurs
-Less time on anesthesia, less effect I believe
-Pain level after surgery. Remember waking up feeling pain and asking for pain meds then dazing back to sleep. Pain till now has been constant.

-After taking all these meds today for the most part of pain in legs, and feeling tired, my overall cognitive is feeling 70% of what it was pre op.

-Pre op if it helps I had 2 big true fruit drinks and tried to eat clean as could days prior.
-For many months I tried best I could to avoid processed snacks or junk food, soda. I still often ate snacks when I gave in.
-1 week prior avoided coffee and energy drinks
-For 1 month prior I did stretching everyday. 1 week before I stopped doing exercise
-Tried every possible avenue I could find to improve odds I don’t know if it helped at all but I assume couldn’t hurt
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 01:08:31 AM by Betzbone »

oklama

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2023, 01:18:44 AM »

price? looking at betz now and working to save money as he seems easily best option, relatively affordable, decent care, and best nail currently. just curious what you've paid in USD
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2023, 03:32:43 AM »

price? looking at betz now and working to save money as he seems easily best option, relatively affordable, decent care, and best nail currently. just curious what you've paid in USD

He just got out of surgery....might not be the best time to ask him about finances.

Ill help you out though.  Its somewhere around 55k USD right now (moves with the currency exchange rate).  But I can tell you its a good bit more expensive than that with plane tickets, hotel if you stay for longer, food, unexpected costs, taxis, train ride.  You really need to budget like 65k to do this surgery minimum.  And with that price you're not flying business class.  I didnt add it up but I probably spent like 75k with everything.

I just came back from Becker and I definitely recommend him as a surgeon and the system/accommodations he has in place.  My surgical incisions look really good and small as well.  But I will say the clicking absolutely sucks.  Seriously be prepared for the clicking if you're actually going to do this.  Its not fun.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 05:56:31 AM by lessthanavg8300 »

Betzbone

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2023, 05:01:40 AM »

Lessthenavg is correct plan about that range and will be good. When i considered Dr. Becker cheap price is not something I considered because this is your life and the outcome can potentially shape how you live forever. I would do research and choose the surgeon you feel is best. To me this is Dr. Becker and betzbone.

If I went back in time knowing what I know now. I would 1000% choose Dr. Becker again.  My impression as a person is great he loves and cares for what he does. He is clear and straightforward as to what to expect. He cares much for patient safety. As a surgeon his skill level is best of the best and with time I hope to see him and betzbone become #1 in the world

Betzbone

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 05:04:58 AM »

He just got out of surgery....might not be the best time to ask him about finances.

Ill help you out though.  Its somewhere around 55k USD right now (moves with the currency exchange rate).  But I can tell you its a good bit more expensive than that with plane tickets, hotel if you stay for longer, food, unexpected costs, taxis, train ride.  You really need to budget like 65k to do this surgery minimum.  And with that price you're not flying business class.  I didnt add it up but I probably spent like 75k with everything.

I just came back from Becker and I definitely recommend him as a surgeon and the system/accommodations he has in place.  My surgical incisions look really good and small as well.  But I will say the clicking absolutely sucks.  Seriously be prepared for the clicking if you're seriously going to do this.  Its not fun.

I haven’t seen the scar yet. His system/accommodation are top knotch I agree. It’s based off past with many patients. So it’s all routine for him. Based alone the pain level and flexibility after surgery I’m very happy. Clicking I might have did another today on right leg I think

Betzbone

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2023, 05:11:42 AM »

22 hours post operation

-Yesterday I felt my face hot, today it’s totally gone
-Woke up feeling stiff, did the exercise from yesterday feel better
-After doing the exercise and moving around bed pain is about the same still 2/10
-Heard a pop on right leg again. Not sure maybe clicked.
-It’s been 8 hours since last liquid pain killer
-Overall feeling good physically and mentally so far
-Sleep is not straight while in pockets of time refreshes your mind and body
-Today I feel less tired, I would say much more energy has returned
-Tried touching my toes I can do so and hold. Pre op I was able to touch my wrist to toes.
-I can do the stretch inwards there’s a few inch i stop at, Pre op I was able to touch back heel to butt.
-Right now with all the meds feel calm zen. My thinking feels clear thus far. No real additional noticeable side effects. Peeing now feels normal just uncomfortable to do in bed. Pre op I haven’t taken medicine in over 10 years so I was wary how my body would react to many meds all of a sudden.

-I poked the surgical sites with compression pants on and hardly feel any pain. I would say it’s under even a 1/10 without moving. While moving it max 2/10. The feeling you would get when you stretch hard. Or imagine a bruise from hitting your leg on a table is how I would compare it. You have to push the site with a small amount of force to feel it while staying still. Unless actively poking it or moving I don’t feel it. It’s amazing to me how Dr. Becker put nails and the betzbone through it
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 06:54:05 AM by Betzbone »

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2023, 08:08:04 AM »

22 hours post operation

-Yesterday I felt my face hot, today it’s totally gone
-Woke up feeling stiff, did the exercise from yesterday feel better
-After doing the exercise and moving around bed pain is about the same still 2/10
-Heard a pop on right leg again. Not sure maybe clicked.
-It’s been 8 hours since last liquid pain killer
-Overall feeling good physically and mentally so far
-Sleep is not straight while in pockets of time refreshes your mind and body
-Today I feel less tired, I would say much more energy has returned
-Tried touching my toes I can do so and hold. Pre op I was able to touch my wrist to toes.
-I can do the stretch inwards there’s a few inch i stop at, Pre op I was able to touch back heel to butt.
-Right now with all the meds feel calm zen. My thinking feels clear thus far. No real additional noticeable side effects. Peeing now feels normal just uncomfortable to do in bed. Pre op I haven’t taken medicine in over 10 years so I was wary how my body would react to many meds all of a sudden.

-I poked the surgical sites with compression pants on and hardly feel any pain. I would say it’s under even a 1/10 without moving. While moving it max 2/10. The feeling you would get when you stretch hard. Or imagine a bruise from hitting your leg on a table is how I would compare it. You have to push the site with a small amount of force to feel it while staying still. Unless actively poking it or moving I don’t feel it. It’s amazing to me how Dr. Becker put nails and the betzbone through it

Youre def having accidental clicks.  Try and keep track of them if you can.  Its normal, I had a bunch of them.

Betzbone

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2023, 08:29:03 AM »

Youre def having accidental clicks.  Try and keep track of them if you can.  Its normal, I had a bunch of them.

Great to know thank you. I’ve been keeping track just in case I can do extra clicks later on opposite leg to make up for it.

Betzbone

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2023, 10:18:27 AM »

28 hours post operation

-Tried to stand with Tanya and PT took few steps with crutches felt almost feel like fainting. Not enough circulation
-Learned exercise for circulation
-Adjusted pants I think they were a bit loose or uneven from all the moving I did
-Might be till Monday till I can walk around unassisted using crutches
-I can stand on crutches with help if I ask nurse
-Mobility was ok can do all things on bed they recommend
-Meds make time go by kinda fast which is nice
-Nurse and Tanya looked at my incision site said it looked good

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 12:12:21 PM by Betzbone »

oklama

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2023, 08:56:50 PM »

I just came back from Becker and I definitely recommend him as a surgeon and the system/accommodations he has in place.  My surgical incisions look really good and small as well.  But I will say the clicking absolutely sucks.  Seriously be prepared for the clicking if you're actually going to do this.  Its not fun.

what level of pain from the clicks? describe in depth. Can painkillers help? clicks are my only concern with Becker.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2023, 09:39:44 PM »

what level of pain from the clicks? describe in depth. Can painkillers help? clicks are my only concern with Becker.

Look at my journal.  I just described in detail.

Betzbone

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2023, 11:50:58 PM »

Look at my journal.  I just described in detail.

Thanks for answering questions :)

End of 2nd day post operation
-Pain is the same, not better or worse
-Overall laying down I feel good
-Circulation is a problem I almost fainted yesterday trying to take steps on crutches
-I feel so much energy being used and close to black out standing up feeling yesterday
-Right now just laying in bed doing those exercises each hour except when sleeping
-The compression pants being on correct now I hope can help
-Hope to get the hand IV out soon it’s not painful but quite annoying to be stuck on
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up